• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
"One the most important things , Rosalina's backstory , isn't strong anymore with the developers being nonchalant and never wanting to touch it , even going so far and creating Baby Rosalina.

Rosalina still inspires me , with her presence , but the initial Strong portrayal was dropped after 3DWorld.

Rosalina to me , gives me more of a Happy vibe , like the one i feel for Peach , rather than the Cool and Fierce vibe back then.

Not that it's bad , but i totally lost interest to her ''depth'' since it's almost non-existent nowdays."

I feel this is terrible reasoning because everyone is pretty much lacking depth in 3D world not just Rosalina. They also made baby characters for Peach Daisy Mario Luigi yet its bad they did for Rosa? how does this make sense? Also I have yet to hear anyone refer to Rosalina as Peach unless they were hating on Rosalina but that's a given
So i need to explain even more , very well.

1) I'm not saying anything about ''hating on Rosalina'' , read carefully , because People not really into videogames or MARIO unlike us easily mistake Rosalina for Peach , the casuals aka Most people that play Mario games , do so frequently.

As i said show a picture of Rosalina to somebody in the street , and ask who is this and they will say Peach.

2) I Said starting with 3D world , i'm not counting the other characters since they don't have the background Rosalina has.

3) Baby Mario , Luigi , Peach ARE CANON AND RELEVANT. Baby Daisy doesn't matter because Daisy doesn't have a detailed background like Rosalina. While BR sucks not only because she is a lazy character, she also contradicts Rosalina's redheaded child self from the acclaimed Storybook , which is a sign the developers doesn't care anymore and just created her for no special reason , like Baby Daisy.

done.

We're not getting into your mindless accusations again, Swiftie. You've been proven wrong before, I'm not doing it again.

I swear your opinion on Rosalina is schizophrenic. One minute you love her, the next you talk about her like she's the anti-Christ and that her fans are evil.
I'm not acussing anybody , but i cannot lie to myself and say Rosalina is widely know by the casuals .

I'm not even saying anything negative about her , just stating facts:

1) Rosalina backstory is untouched atm , that's a fact.

2) Casuals are unfamiliar atm with her, that's a fact.

3) Rosalina is happier than before , another fact.

Why do you take it like a personal attack (even when im not even saying anything bad) , she is not even real .

Btw you have also been proven wrong before in other aspects of the character so i suggest you to don't point at me with that.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!

1) I'm not saying anything about ''hating on Rosalina'' , read carefully , because People not really into videogames or MARIO like us easily mistake Rosalina for Peach , the casuals aka Most people that play Mario games , do so frequently.

As i said show a picture of Rosalina to somebody in the street , and ask who is this and they will say Peach.

2) I Said starting with 3D world , i'm not counting the other characters since they don't have the background Rosalina has.

3) Baby Mario , Luigi , Peach ARE CANON AND RELEVANT. Baby Daisy doesn't matter because Daisy doesn't have a detailed background like Rosalina. While BR sucks not only because she is a lazy character, she also contradicts Rosalina's redheaded child self from the acclaimed Storybook , which is a sign the developers doesn't care anymore and just created her for no special reason , like Baby Daisy.

done.
I guess we will have to wait and see when Super Mario Galaxy 3 comes out

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm surprised some of you are taking everything Swiftie says too seriously about his so-called "views" on Rosalina. None of that **** he says make no sense at all anyways and/or just likes to make excuses for "hating" on her fans without a valid reason. It's best to just ignore him and talk about something else here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess we will have to wait and see when Super Mario Galaxy 3 comes out
Knowing Nintendo, we'll probably never get a game that has Rosalina as the main character. Shame too, because if she's the protector of the cosmos, there should really be something that proves that statement.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the developers taking liberties in non-canon games invalidates Rosalina's canon backstory?

Nah, it doesn't work like that.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Knowing Nintendo, we'll probably never get a game that has Rosalina as the main character. Shame too, because if she's the protector of the cosmos, there should really be something that proves that statement.
I don't think we will ever be able to play as her seeing as she's an omnipotent being (I've come to this conclusion based off what we have seen her do in the SMG games)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So the developers taking liberties in non-canon games invalidates Rosalina's canon backstory?

Nah, it doesn't work like that.

It certainly does when it hasn't been touched since the characters debut.

Rosalina's homeland at the moment is Spin off's so there's barely any difference and importance in that.

They even call BR a princess in the official website if i recall correctly.

But i guess that's some ''liberty'' that you wont accept , conveniently of course.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And find out exactly how she became immortal and obtain cosmetic powers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It certainly does when it hasn't been touched since the characters debut.

Rosalina's homeland at the moment is Spin off's so there's barely any difference and importance in that.

They even call BR a princess in the official website if i recall correctly.

But i guess that's some ''liberty'' that you wont accept , conveniently of course.
There is nothing to touch on though. The story ended. Also, Smash references the storybook.

Until someone officially retcons Rosalina's backstory, it remains a canon part of her character.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There is nothing to touch on though. The story ended. Also, Smash references the storybook.

Until someone officially retcons Rosalina's backstory, it remains a canon part of her character.
You missed my point on Baby Rosalina so casually though. The ''baby Princess'' that hits the track for the first time , right ? so funny.

I even recall you , constantly talking about how Rosalina likes Big vehicles and such , when if i recall correctly it is the Prima guide that says that stuff.

Should i remind you those are the same guides that call Rosie a princess?

Or is it that you take as ''important'' what you want to hear or as '''right'' and toss everything else aside?.

Most people refer to her as a princess either way , so it's not matter to so called Official sources anymore tbh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You missed my point on Baby Rosalina so casually though. The ''baby Princess'' that hits the track for the first time , right ? so funny.

I even recall you , constantly talking about how Rosalina likes Big vehicles and such , when if i recall correctly it is the Prima guide that says that stuff.

Should i remind you those are the same guides that call Rosie a princess?

Or is it that you take as ''important'' what you want to hear or as '''right'' and toss everything else aside?.

Most people refer to her as a princess either way , so it's not matter to so called Official sources anymore tbh.
Actually the fact that Rosalina like bikes and big vehicles is nothing to do with Prima. Official art depicts her with them, and CPU Rosalina's favour them. Plus, she is shown to be an enthusiastic mechanic in the storybook, so it all ties together.

Fans perpetuating something does not make it canon. Stop trying to make flimsy, fallacious arguments that have no basis.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually the fact that Rosalina like bikes and big vehicles is nothing to do with Prima. Official art depicts her with them, and CPU Rosalina's favour them. Plus, she is shown to be an enthusiastic mechanic in the storybook, so it all ties together.

Fans perpetuating something does not make it canon. Stop trying to make flimsy, fallacious arguments that have no basis.
Neither does people refusing to accept what's coming.

Of course the render and in game the CPU will use The atv with big tires , since ALL the Heavy people do , it's not exclusive to one character . even medium weights do , so it's fair if i assume that very little and generic details add something to other characters right? I guess Daisy , PGP , Bowser and Waluigi loooove heavy stuff too. In the end that's just your head canon as there's no official source to such thing , especifically for Rosalina.

i even had a soft laught looking at how you reacted to the translation to Rosalina's presentation , ''(princess)'' .
Oh the denial... i find it funny since i personally wouldn't care if she was or not , she is still awesome and a leader.

Also Rosalina's story hasn't ended yet. Where's her mom and when will she return home to pay a visit ?
There's still a lot to tell if you ask me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Neither does people refusing to accept what's coming.

Of course the render and in game the CPU will use The atv with big tires , since ALL the Heavy people do , it's not exclusive to one character . even medium weights do , so it's fair if i assume that very little and generic details add something to other characters right? I guess Daisy , PGP , Bowser and Waluigi loooove heavy stuff too. In the end that's just your head canon as there's no official source to such thing , especifically for Rosalina.

i even had a soft laught looking at how you reacted to the translation to Rosalina's presentation , ''(princess)'' .
Oh the denial... i find it funny since i personally wouldn't care if she was or not , she is still awesome and a leader.
Just because other characters like them doesn't mean it invalidates the fact for Rosalina. Does Luigi liking spaghetti mean Mario can't like it? No, because that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not in denial, you are. Your sassy remarks aren't enough to hold a discussion, so I suggest dropping it. Frankly, I'm sick of your sudden "anti-Rosalina" moods that keep de-railing this thread.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just because other characters like them doesn't mean it invalidates the fact for Rosalina. Does Luigi liking spaghetti mean Mario can't like it? No, because that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not in denial, you are. Your sassy remarks aren't enough to hold a discussion, so I suggest dropping it. Frankly, I'm sick of your sudden "anti-Rosalina" moods that keep de-railing this thread.
Missing the point as usual.

It's fine if you get all defensive , no problem.

I guess having a ''friendly discussion'' is impossible , even more if it looks like i'm insulting your homeland or that actually matters, judging by your reactions.

I like how , i don't need to have a slighlty negative opinion about her for you to get triggered , but it was not my intention.

If you are sick see a doctor , i bet he will recommend you a good brand of chill pills.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Missing the point as usual.

It's fine if you get all defensive , no problem.

I guess having ''frindly discussion'' is impossible , even more if it looks like i'm insulting your homeland or that actually matters.

I like how , i don't need to have a slighlty negative opinion about her for you to get triggered , but it was not my intention.

If you are sick see a doctor , i bet he will recommend you a good brand of chill pills.
Like I said, your "sassy" remarks are meaningless. Why you say "I'm not insulting" when you proceed to do just that is beyond me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Like I said, your "sassy" remarks are meaningless. Why you say "I'm not insulting" when you proceed to do just that is beyond me.
Read carefully , i'm not really calling you anything and i really didn't expect you to react soooo , umm .. let's say explosive, even if you don't believe me.

Is not proper to us , people with ''schizophrenic'' opinions to call others out and say names to them , don't you agree?

Seriously though , my intention was not to be offensive towards you , but i don't know about you to me.

If my ''sassy'' remarks get to you , well , i honestly don't know how to respond to that.

If it makes you feel better , you can always add me to your ignore list , since i make you ''sick'' after all.

That's what i did with Tino and it works wondefully.

no hard feelings , really , i did not plan this to go ''personal'' either way, guess it just happened as usual.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now I'm crying :c

Read carefully , i'm not really calling you anything and i really didn't expect you to react soooo , umm .. let's say explosive, even if you don't believe me.

Is not proper to us , people with ''schizophrenic'' opinions to call others out and say names to them , don't you agree?

Seriously though , my intention was not to be offensive towards you , but i don't know about you to me.

If my ''sassy'' remarks get to you , well , i honestly don't know how to respond to that.

If it makes you feel better , you can always add me to your ignore list , since i make you ''sick'' after all.

no hard feelings , really , i did not plan this to go ''personal'' either way, guess it just happened as usual.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Your posts aren't even filled with legitimate points though, it's just you throwing insults at me or the fan base.

That's my issue here. How can you not see what you said in your previous posts?
I don't really care for comments like these, it's the fact you deny saying them is what bugs me. It's cowardly.

I suggest you just drop your habit of randomly dropping insults on the Rosalina fan base whenever another character is brought up. How do you expect that to be well received in a thread full of fans of the character? We didn't even hate on anyone, this all started from you making false assumptions about our posts, and then continued with you making false assumptions on the character, and you trying to force your fan theories as fact.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Your posts aren't even filled with legitimate points though, it's just you throwing insults at me or the fan base.

That's my issue here. How can you not see what you said in your previous posts?

I don't really care for comments like these, it's the fact you deny saying them is what bugs me. It's cowardly.

I suggest you just drop your habit of randomly dropping insults on the Rosalina fan base whenever another character is brought up. How do you expect that to be well received in a thread full of fans of the character? We didn't even hate on anyone, this all started from you making false assumptions about our posts, and then continued with you making false assumptions on the character, and you trying to force your fan theories as fact.
Ok.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I swear, it's like I leave for a few hours, and walls of text appear out of nowhere. Anyways, Splatfest is almost over, in about 3 hours. I'm disappointed in myself for slacking off and not helping team dogs. I'm gonna do my best in the last 3 hours. (:<

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Anyone afraid with the mass rage and hate that Nintendo will not feature Rosalina in much in games anymore and not make any more characters like her in smash? Its insane how much hate and rage anger there is about the character out there to the point things might start happening.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Anyone afraid with the mass rage and hate that Nintendo will not feature Rosalina in much in games anymore and not make any more characters like her in smash? Its insane how much hate and rage anger there is about the character out there to the point things might start happening.
what?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Nintendo won't make any more games with Rosalina in them, then I'll say "**** you Nintendo" and switch my focus to getting a Playstation 4.

Last edited:

Lange

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo won't make any more games with Rosalina in them, then I'll say "**** you Nintendo" and switch my focus to getting a Playstation 4.
Yeah I just hope they don't give into the fan pressure, because a lot of people who hate her are very narrow minded misguided people anyway. Chances are they wont because the character seems important to Nintendo still despite the rage and there is a decent fanbase for her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah I just hope they don't give into the fan pressure, because a lot of people who hate her are very narrow minded misguided people anyway. Chances are they wont because the character seems important to Nintendo still despite the rage and there is a decent fanbase for her.
I know, especially if they don't give Rosalina her own game to chronicle her background story and such at some point. I will remain hopeful that it would happen eventually but if not, then I'm converting to Sony.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Daisy is called "Peach clone" of the time.

Blue Peach isn't even something fans call her, it's an insult from forum ****posters.

Nobody was hating on these characters anyway...
Only a minimum I guess...
Well, here's an opinion of mines: I don't like Daisy but I hate Waluigi just as much as I hate Peach.

Anyways, what I've missed in here? I don't feel like going back and forth through pages to see what was going on here.
You have same problem... with @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , yeah... this thread is going a bit way too fast, I don't get what's going on either.
We're not getting into your mindless accusations again, Swiftie. You've been proven wrong before, I'm not doing it again.

I swear your opinion on Rosalina is schizophrenic. One minute you love her, the next you talk about her like she's the anti-Christ and that her fans are evil.
Oh dear... here we go again.
I know Swiftie's comments are a bit... weird, but don't criticize

1) I'm not saying anything about ''hating on Rosalina'' , read carefully , because People not really into videogames or MARIO unlike us easily mistake Rosalina for Peach , the casuals aka Most people that play Mario games , do so frequently.

done.

I'm not acussing anybody , but i cannot lie to myself and say Rosalina is widely know by the casuals .

I'm not even saying anything negative about her , just stating facts:

1) Rosalina backstory is untouched atm , that's a fact.

2) Casuals are unfamiliar atm with her, that's a fact.

3) Rosalina is happier than before , another fact.

Why do you take it like a personal attack (even when im not even saying anything bad) , she is not even real .

Btw you have also been proven wrong before in other aspects of the character so i suggest you to don't point at me with that.
Just don't take those guys seriously... like I said, if those people aren't even Nintendo fans. Then there no problem with that.

I do agree that sonicbrawler's critisim on you wasn't appropriate, but please, when you found that you had arguments with someone, explain and compromise. There are other users here ya know?
We aren't afraid, we think that's a bit nonsense... it's not like she is really has a huge hatred fanbase.
I swear, it's like I leave for a few hours, and walls of text appear out of nowhere. Anyways, Splatfest is almost over, in about 3 hours. I'm disappointed in myself for slacking off and not helping team dogs. I'm gonna do my best in the last 3 hours. (:<
Me too~~~~ and Swiftie and sonicbrawler are arguing again! :(
Oh, Splatfest? Was it fun? Hope you can do your best!

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
And find out exactly how she became immortal and obtain cosmetic powers.
Why can't she have them since her born ? I prefer that version, she seems more legitimate for me.
I like to think her mother has too, just because of the stuff Rosalina finds inside the comet, plus it's the chapter just after the Dream.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why can't she have them since her born ? I prefer that version, she seems more legitimate for me.
I like to think her mother has too, just because of the stuff Rosalina finds inside the comet, plus it's the chapter just after the Dream.
Maybe... I like this idea.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
People rage at and hate Rosalina because she is appearing too much.

Bleep them. That is what we call a ****ing character development.
Don't care about those weirdos, just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom