• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After some talking with the other Smash 4 staff members, here's some important information that will be enforced from here on out...

Discussing about the size of a female's breasts is considered beyond borderline. Such topics are "not" appropriate in any way, regardless of location. And in Rosalina's case, such topics will end up alienating any users who are common visitors to Rosalina's sub-forum.

From this point forward, any topics involving breast sizes will be penalized with inappropriate content warnings, and potential infractions.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina needs a cheap eshop game where she raises the Luma's Chao Garden style
Great idea.
After some talking with the other Smash 4 staff members, here's some important information that will be enforced from here on out...

Discussing about the size of a female's breasts is considered beyond borderline. Such topics are "not" appropriate in any way, regardless of location. And in Rosalina's case, such topics will end up alienating any users who are common visitors to Rosalina's sub-forum.

From this point forward, any topics involving breast sizes will be penalized with inappropriate content warnings, and potential infractions.
I really agreed here.
I'm not using my computer right now but I will eventually. And how is it that some of you can upload multiple pic while I'm only limited to uploading 3 pics, which is just ****ed up?

You wanna talk about a social thread being dead? Go check out the Fox social.
You can only upload three pics by directly from your PC, you may need to post those pic on imgur or other image medias and then paste it's url. That way, you can upload multiple pics.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Geez, what took y'all so long?
You can only upload three pics by directly from your PC, you may need to post those pic on imgur or other image medias and then paste it's url. That way, you can upload multiple pics.
Imgur? Never thought of that.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord

Good. Such discussions disturb me.

Rosalina needs a cheap eshop game where she raises the Luma's Chao Garden style
Chao Garden from SA2B or Mini Chao Garden from GBA? :p

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
Never put any good game in the same sentence as Call of Duty ever again...bad luck.
Yeah and over a million people play CoD including nintendos targeted audience little kids.
Nintendo made splatoon for people who can't withstand blood and real names and voice chat

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah and over a million people play CoD including nintendos targeted audience little kids.
Nintendo made splatoon for people who can't withstand blood and real names and voice chat
That's another thing I have against Call of Duty. Kids playing them when they're not suppose to. There's a lot of bad parenting involved with them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yet Splatoon I'd way more fun than COD because of it.
That's another thing I have against Call of Duty. Kids playing them when they're not suppose to. There's a lot of bad parenting involved with them.
If I was a parent of some ko'd that was a COD player, I'd ban them from pretty much everything except school until he/she learned to never play it again.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Kids will play everything they can.

Little kids playing God of War or GTA isn't surprising to me.

In fact. I played GoW when I was 8. But quickly stopped when I realized it's pretty dang scary (People turning to stones. Heads getting torn off. Just not my type).

Though, the likes of MSG entertain me. I had slight chance to play MSG4 for a bit and after some REAAAAALLLY slow-paced camoflages I decided to just say 'Bleep it' and ran with my guns blazing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I already posted my thoughts on this in the artwork thread, but I do think this is very overboard and too all encompassing and presumptuous.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I already posted my thoughts on this in the artwork thread, but I do think this is very overboard and too all encompassing and presumptuous.
I'm not the one making the rules here. This is a rule that applies to "everything" at the SmashBoards. If you have problems with this matter, you can take it over to Forum Support.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If I was a parent of some ko'd that was a COD player, I'd ban them from pretty much everything except school until he/she learned to never play it again.
Not to mention that playing games like those at such a young age could potentially affect their behavior when they get older.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not to mention that playing games like those at such a young age could potentially affect their behavior when they get older.
That to. Sometimes I wonder why parents even let their kids play games if they'll most likely play COD or GTA.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I wish parents would pay attention to the ESRB. Maybe then the government and stupid news channels can stop blaming games for violence around the world.

I remember one news channel said Mortal Kombat murders. It sounded so damn stupid. Like I doubt there are people ripping others body parts and eatting each other faces.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd rather an actual big console game for Rosalina, similar to what Captain Toad got. Some kind of big action adventure, or even an RPG.

However, I think a Luma game where you could raise them like Chao could also be it's own standalone thing. Rosalina could make a cameo, but it would be more about the Lumas.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd rather it would be an action adventure type like the Zelda games. I'm not really a big fan of RPGs unless it's Paper Mario or Fire Emblem.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
A RPG seems better to me, I want her to battle against something and know more about her powers, not really on her story which needs to be mysterious forever I think (when I say her story should stay mysterious forever, I mean the death and the identity of her family). Or maybe a RPG of her storybook (playing through the storybook and continue after the actual end of the book), with Child of Light graphics (<-- the dream of my life)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A RPG seems better to me, I want her to battle against something and know more about her powers, not really on her story which needs to be mysterious forever I think. Or maybe a RPG of her storybook (playing through the storybook and continue after the actual end of the book), with Child of Light graphics (<-- the dream of my life)
I mean really, any type of game would do as long as Rosalina is the main character. And wow, I like the idea of a game playing through her storybook. Not once it crossed my mind about it.
That to. Sometimes I wonder why parents even let their kids play games if they'll most likely play COD or GTA.
Cuz they're dumb*****. They don't pay attention to those ESRB ratings and they just buy whatever their kids wanted. Like Tali said, there have been several incidents over the years in which violent video games were to blame.

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something

So I'm curious. What exactly caused you guys to create this rule? I really doubt someone just woke up and decided to make a new rule. So what happened?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I'm curious. What exactly caused you guys to create this rule? I really doubt someone just woke up and decided to make a new rule. So what happened?
I was talking to one of the administrators about this and it seems the main reason is due to regulations set out by the company who owns Smashboards (Xyelot LLC is the company in question, I think).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, I don't have a problem with the restrictions they made. All that talk about "this" and "that" and all that other explicit **** was making me feel uncomfortable. Hell, there were pics like those, mainly on Miiverse, that crosses the line. It's ridiculous.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd rather it would be an action adventure type like the Zelda games. I'm not really a big fan of RPGs unless it's Paper Mario or Fire Emblem.
I still have my personal input, where Rosalina had to help a young prince restore order to the worlds and galaxies that were being controlled by a dark force that has also invaded the prince's homeworld. The prince is a young dragon, who is part of the Dragons of Light, while the dark force is the Dragons of Darkness, with the leader being able to take on a humanoid appearance.

Let's just say that this sub-forum was being too lax with the sexual topics, and action had to be taken. Last night was the breaking point.

This incident was partially my fault, but at the same time, the users here were not reporting the beyond borderline contents to the moderators.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still have my personal input, where Rosalina had to help a young prince restore order to the worlds and galaxies that were being controlled by a dark force that has also invaded the prince's homeworld. The prince is a young dragon, who is part of the Dragons of Light, while the dark force is the Dragons of Darkness, with the leader being able to take on a humanoid appearance.
I remember that one. Pretty creative imagination at that. Sometimes I wonder if there was a petition asking Nintendo to make a game where Rosalina is the main character.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I don't know when COD was brought up here, but whatever. Not sure if that conversation phased out yet.
You should pitch this idea to Nintendo. Like, now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still think it's fine when we are referring to the artwork, but keep saying on a specific part all the time does feel a bit inappropriate in my opinion.
I wish parents would pay attention to the ESRB. Maybe then the government and stupid news channels can stop blaming games for violence around the world.

I remember one news channel said Mortal Kombat murders. It sounded so damn stupid. Like I doubt there are people ripping others body parts and eatting each other faces.
This is also a big problem here in Taiwan... this is probably the reason why my parents don't let me play video games, yes, they don't even let me play games like Mario because they think it's "waste of time".

Let's just say that this sub-forum was being too lax with the sexual topics, and action had to be taken. Last night was the breaking point.

This incident was partially my fault, but at the same time, the users here were not reporting the beyond borderline contents to the moderators.
Partially my fault as well, I guess..

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually think Dimentio from Super Paper Mario would be the perfect adversary for Rosalina - he uses dimensional shifting powers, which I think goes well with the powers Rosalina has to form a sort of rivalry in their abilities. Then just have Dimentio have some sort of evil plot that Rosalina has to stop. And the character interactions could be great, since Dimentio is this awkwardly polite, eccentric guy who seems nice on the surface, but actually has malicious intent. I could see him trying to flirt with Rosalina in order to draw her in, but she has none of that nonsense and remains calm. You could probably have one scene where she ends up breaking down over him doing something terrible before she could stop it, and he briefly takes advantage of her broken state. Assuming this is while she's still relatively young and only developing her role as goddess of the cosmos and learning her powers, of course.

It would never happen, but I think it could work, if Dimentio hadn't already been eliminated in Super Paper Mario.

Another idea is to make her adversary her brother from the storybook - he's dead by the time we meet Rosalina in Galaxy, but what if it was because he developed powers too, but used them for evil things, and Rosalina had to destroy him? And of course, it would be something she regrets even if it was the right thing to do, because she still loved him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know when COD was brought up here, but whatever. Not sure if that conversation phased out yet.

You should pitch this idea to Nintendo. Like, now.
Grown ups **** but don't worry about it.

And did her brother used those powers for his own evil ambitions or was he possessed and she had to stop him by any means, even if it meant killing him? Or was he just very sick and there was nothing she could do to save his life? Her life would be filled with regrets knowing that she did everything she could to help him because she loves her brother very much. One of those experiences could justify her sorrow and her loneliness.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I actually think Dimentio from Super Paper Mario would be the perfect adversary for Rosalina - he uses dimensional shifting powers, which I think goes well with the powers Rosalina has to form a sort of rivalry in their abilities. Then just have Dimentio have some sort of evil plot that Rosalina has to stop. And the character interactions could be great, since Dimentio is this awkwardly polite, eccentric guy who seems nice on the surface, but actually has malicious intent. I could see him trying to flirt with Rosalina in order to draw her in, but she has none of that nonsense and remains calm. You could probably have one scene where she ends up breaking down over him doing something terrible before she could stop it, and he briefly takes advantage of her broken state. Assuming this is while she's still relatively young and only developing her role as goddess of the cosmos and learning her powers, of course.

It would never happen, but I think it could work, if Dimentio hadn't already been eliminated in Super Paper Mario.

Another idea is to make her adversary her brother from the storybook - he's dead by the time we meet Rosalina in Galaxy, but what if it was because he developed powers too, but used them for evil things, and Rosalina had to destroy him? And of course, it would be something she regrets even if it was the right thing to do, because she still loved him.
The Rosalina vs. Dimentio/someone similar would be an interesting scenario as Rosalina is involved in dealing with corruption and getting to the roots of her deranged adversary and tackle that corruption and evil from the inside out to resolve conflicts. Similar to what your goal would be if you join Nohr in Fire Emblem Fates. Knowing how powerful Rosalina is now, having a younger would make more sense if she's given a moment where she is weakened and not knowing how to deal with the trauma. If the game focuses on her past, it could be the predecessor never before discovered to her backstory that she's had since Galaxy. Showing how she's gone through more than just being alone as a child and given more challenges along the way. Maybe we can witness her receiving immortality in some sort of way probably when she officially becomes a goddess where her physical self is ageless and full of life. She is gifted as an embodiment of purity and love to be used in her role as Goddess of the Cosmos, which as always been her destiny since the beginning, but her mother was too afraid and wanted to hide the truth from her. Her immaculate beauty would radiate across the universe and she would fully pursue her intent as a peace keeper.

I don't really know what would fit in the idea if Rosalina's brother became evil. If that were to happen, I'd hope she would end up rescuing him from the evil. Those decisions in games where you know you can't save someone and have to make a difficult choice always gets me right in the feels. I don't want Rosalina in that situation.

Also thinking back to @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's idea, with the Dragons of Light and Dragons of Dark, maybe Rosalina can harness various elemental powers? Across the galaxies there could be other dragon kingdoms who are in shambles because of the breakout between the light and dark sides. By restoring peace to them and saving the Guardian Dragon (can't think of a better name) of each kingdom, you gain access to their powers and have the ability to use their element. So say if you get the fire element, maybe you can summon the fire dragon to demolish (in an elegant way) all your foes. That ain't no Fire Flower power-up!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:rosalina:''I'm ready , Let's go!''
I saw your post, and gave it a like. Nice work.

Also thinking back to @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's idea, with the Dragons of Light and Dragons of Dark, maybe Rosalina can harness various elemental powers? Across the galaxies there could be other dragon kingdoms who are in shambles because of the breakout between the light and dark sides. By restoring peace to them and saving the Guardian Dragon (can't think of a better name) of each kingdom, you gain access to their powers and have the ability to use their element. So say if you get the fire element, maybe you can summon the fire dragon to demolish (in an elegant way) all your foes. That ain't no Fire Flower power-up!
My idea was a bit similar with the sages of each world, though they would be possessed by dark dragon magicians, known as the possessors. Rosalina would have to defeat the possessors to free the sages that they're controlling. The story would have 8 worlds, and as for the sages that would have to be rescued, they'd be the Water Sage, Earth Sage, Desert Sage, Forest Sage, Ice Sage, Mountain Sage, and Sky Sage.

The leader of the Dragons of Darkness would be the Dark Sage. And lastly, the dragon prince would be the Light Sage, though he wouldn't know until near the end of the story.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.

How will you guys enforce this rule? Will this rule be enforced through the individual character forums? Or will it be updated in the Global Rules or something?

Not that this type of discussion happens very often (where I post anyway), but I'm actually kinda glad this rule is being implemented.

I'll just take my leave then. *warps away*
NO ZANDY COME BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom