• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You still have until after the summer to decide which direction to go.
That's right. Perhaps I'll go study abroad on the second year.

And wait... Rosalina artwork thread has been locked up yesterday? Aw man...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I find it ironic that people say Rosalina is forced into games yet people rarely say the same about Peach, even though it's much more true there.

Like literally, she didn't need to get kidnapped in Sunshine. Mario had a perfectly good motive for hunting down the Shine Sprites already (clearing his own name).

Not to mention that Sunshine is literally the worst kidnapping, in the sense that she had AMPLE time to get away. She literally just stood there and let Shadow Mario take her. At least in the Galaxy games, the kidnappings are actually convincing.

It's not so much a problem with the character herself though, more how she's utilised. Because Peach can be entertaining when the people making the game with her want her to be.

Rosalina also had a similar problem in Galaxy (goddess of the cosmos can clearly handle this herself, but doesn't for some unexplained reason), though it isn't quite as obvious as just standing there and literally letting yourself get kidnapped.
I believe Rosalina couldn't do much because she had better things to do , like taking care of the Lumas.

If i recall correctly , the Comet observatory was just stray at that point since it didn't have power/fuel whatever.

i imagine she just entertained them with Stories so they wouldn't be scared , as she knew that something was going on and Mario just killed 2 birds with one shot as he rescued Peach and helped Rosalina at the same time.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Yep. Out of concern that people might post sexual explicit pics of her or something like that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yep. Out of concern that people might post sexual explicit pics of her or something like that.
"Sigh", it's all my fault... I've shouldn't post that pic... but that pic wasn't that sexual explicit compare to the past Rosalina pic...

And I've just notice I'm now a Smash Master... yay?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Sigh", it's all my fault... I've shouldn't post that pic... but that pic wasn't that sexual explicit compare to the past Rosalina pic...

And I've just notice I'm now a Smash Master... yay?
Yeah, I already noticed that before you did. lol

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, I already noticed that before you did. lol
It I had already aware that I'm about to make my 3000 post soon, but yeah, I was too busy lol.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I believe Rosalina couldn't do much because she ahd better things to do , like taking care of the Lumas.

If i recall correctly , the Comet observatory was just stay at that point since it didn't have power/fuel whatever.

i imagine she just entertained them with Stories so they wouldn't be scared , as she knew that something was going on and Mario just killed 2 birds with one shot as he rescued Peach and helped Rosalina at the same time.
It's also my headcanon that she only stayed on the Observatory to watch over the Lumas and continue her usual duties, like watching over the cosmos. The problem is that the game doesn't explain this itself, it's not an official, canon point that's addressed, so it's a huge plot hole. So what we end up with is a character that can fly and teleport and turn giant and control gravity, etc, etc, in a PLATFORMING game, asking us to help her retrieve the Power Stars without any explanation, even though she could literally do it in a few minutes herself.

Heck, Bowser even being able to steal them in the first place doesn't make sense, since she even mentions she saw him absorbing the Power Stars. She could have just went over and dealt with it pretty swiftly and prevented the whole thing from happening.

But I suppose we wouldn't have a game then. Even so, even if they wanted her to be this powerful but still wanted to give Mario an excuse to help her, they really should have gave her a bit of dialogue that went something like:

:rosalina:
"I theoretically could go after the Power Stars myself and collect them all in a reasonable amount of time, and apprehend that monster too. But the Lumas would be lost without me, and I also have many other beings and planets across the cosmos who depend on me, so I have my hands tied. I know it's a lot to ask, Mario, but could you be my...unofficial captain, and pursue the Power Stars and Bowser, while I hold the fort here and occasionally make visits to people in need across the cosmos? Your special one should be waiting for you too, and I wouldn't want to take the honour of her rescue away from you..."

It always irks me in any kind of storytelling when ONE line of dialogue from a character was enough to avoid a massive plot hole.

On that note, I actually kinda like the idea of Mario being to Rosalina what Pit is to Palutena.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's also my headcanon that she only stayed on the Observatory to watch over the Lumas and continue her usual duties, like watching over the cosmos. The problem is that the game doesn't explain this itself, it's not an official, canon point that's addressed, so it's a huge plot hole. So what we end up with is a character that can fly and teleport and turn giant and control gravity, etc, etc, in a PLATFORMING game, asking us to help her retrieve the Power Stars without any explanation, even though she could literally do it in a few minutes herself.

Heck, Bowser even being able to steal them in the first place doesn't make sense, since she even mentions she saw him absorbing the Power Stars. She could have just went over and dealt with it pretty swiftly and prevented the whole thing from happening.

But I suppose we wouldn't have a game then. Even so, even if they wanted her to be this powerful but still wanted to give Mario an excuse to help her, they really should have gave her a bit of dialogue that went something like:

"I theoretically could go after the Power Stars myself and collect them all in a reasonable amount of time, and apprehend that monster too. But the Lumas would be lost without me, and I also have many other beings and planets across the cosmos who depend on me, so I have my hands tied. I know it's a lot to ask, Mario, but could you be my...unofficial captain, and pursue the Power Stars and Bowser, while I hold the fort here and occasionally make visits to people in need across the cosmos? Your special one should be waiting for you too, and I wouldn't want to take the honour of her rescue away from you..."

It always irks me in any kind of storytelling when ONE line of dialogue from a character was enough to avoid a massive plot hole.

On that note, I actually kinda like the idea of Mario being to Rosalina what Pit is to Palutena.
Yeah, I always wonder why Rosalina didn't stop Bowser in the first place, but of course, Super Mario Galaxy is still a great game even though some stories don't really make sense.

Now that dialogue totally makes sense. But might be too complicated for the kids to understand... it sounds like a dialogue that can only be seen in a rpg...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I always wonder why Rosalina didn't stop Bowser in the first place, but of course, Super Mario Galaxy is still a great game.

Now that dialogue totally makes sense. But might be too complicated for the kids to understand... it sounds like a dialogue that can only be seen in a rpg...
I wouldn't really think so...besides the use of the word "theoretically" and "apprehend", I'm pretty sure all of the words I used there are actually used in Galaxy (though I think "apprehend" is used in Sunshine, when the Piantas are arresting Mario). And even then, let's not underestimate the intelligence of children. I played Final Fantasy IX to completion when I was but a lil' gossin, and played through Metal Gear Solid 2 and understood the story better than most people older than me. :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wouldn't really think so...besides the use of the word "theoretically" and "apprehend", I'm pretty sure all of the words I used there are actually used in Galaxy (though I think "apprehend" is used in Sunshine, when the Piantas are arresting Mario). And even then, let's not underestimate the intelligence of children. I played Final Fantasy IX to completion when I was but a lil' gossin, and played through Metal Gear Solid 2 and understood the story better than most people older than me. :p
Oh really? Kids are more and more like to play those kind of games these days lol..
I was never really that paying attention to dialogues when playing RPGs when I was young, especially when they are in Japanese.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I believe it's because Mario games have this thing of lacking depth , they are mostly linear and the stories behind Peach Kidnappings or any plot to set the game are really simple.

In fact , Rosalina's side of the game was the one with actual depth since without it the game would be like the others , just start , go and rescue the Princess .

I believe that it has also somthing to do with the fact that Rosalina wasn't suppoused to have much exposure , but in the end she had , however they didn't take care of details like that.

Maybe Rosalina had personal struggles , maybe the Lumas needed her more than ever in that moment or maybe she just couldn't stop Bowser because she didn't have enough strenght at the moment .

There are many posibilities , but it's a bit dissapointing it's not really clear.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh really? lol.
I was never really that paying attention to dialogues when playing RPGs when I was young, especially when they are in Japanese.
Well I suppose that's a bit of a tougher situation, in your case.

Out of curiosity, do many games have Mandarin localisations for you guys in Taiwan?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe it's because Mario games have this thing of lacking depth , they mostly linear and the stories behind Peach Kidnappings or any plot to set the game are really simple.

In fact , Rosalina's side of the game was the one with actual depth since without it the game would be line the others , just start , go and rescue the Princess .

I believe that it has also somthing to do with the fact that Rosalina wasn't suppoused to have much exposure , but in the she had , however they didn't take care of details like that.

Maybe Rosalina had personal struggles , maybe the Lumas needed her more than ever in that moment or maybe she just couldn't stop Bowser because she didn't have enough strenght at the moment .

There are many posibilities , but it's a bit dissapointing it's not really clear.
Maybe we'll know soon, or maybe not.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I realise that Mario games don't usually have much depth, though like I said, they just needed a paragraph's worth, maybe less, of dialogue from Rosalina to close that plot hole, yet they still missed it.

Then you have Sunshine, which did the opposite - Mario is wrongly accused of doing bad things, so he sets out to make amends. Perfectly simple plot that gives the player more than enough motivation - yet they then decide they still have to force the "Peach gets kidnapped" plot in, and to make matters worse, they have Bowser Jr claim she's his mother, giving most people the idea that Bowser and Peach actually got intimate at some point (the best part is PEACH HAD TO BLOODY THINK ABOUT IT - NO SERIOUSLY, WATCH THE CUTSCENE, SHE HAS A VERY, VERY DISTINCT, THOUGHTFUL PAUSE AFTER JUNIOR SAYS IT. She even ASKS Junior "I'm your Mama?"). Basically over complicating things.

It's all about balance really. In Galaxy's case, it's main story was skewed a little into the "not enough information" territory, while Sunshine was in the "too much information" territory.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
PEACH HAD TO BLOODY THINK ABOUT IT - NO SERIOUSLY, WATCH THE CUTSCENE, SHE HAS A VERY, VERY DISTINCT, THOUGHTFUL PAUSE AFTER JUNIOR SAYS IT. She even ASKS Junior "I'm your Mama?
Oh i remember that , i actually thought that was pretty funny , it was like an anime-ish scene.

As for Rosalina's part , i don't mind it since they always have kept it simple , sure a little ''Why....'' or reason would have been really good but , it's not mind-blowing.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I suppose that's a bit of a tougher situation, in your case.

Out of curiosity, do many games have Mandarin localisations for you guys in Taiwan?
Oh hoho! Good question!
Mandarin localisations were never really that necessary, or to say precise recognized by Nintendo, in the GBA when Pokemon was very hot in Taiwan, many people download unofficial Traditional Chinese Pokemon game and played it on a GBA simulator.

Wii was selling hot in Taiwan around 2006-2010, before official ones came to Taiwan, many of us bought the Japanese imports. When the official imported Wii released in 2008, it's still in Japanese rather than Chinese... :( It's just a Japanese Wii with warranty.

The first Nintendo game ever to officially localized to Traditional Chinese, I think it was New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2. YES, the prequel Super Mario Galaxy, didn't have Chinese translate edition. That's why in one of Taiwan's SMG2 commercial. The end say: "Even for those who didn't play Super Mario Galaxy can still fully enjoy the game's experience."Yeah right, I want Rosalina! And SMG2 was the also the first game that Rosalina reveals her official Traditional Chinese name. And the rest are all Japanese direct import games, which the official imported Wii can read.
Here's the boxart:

3DS is the first console to have ever localized in Taiwan, but the number of games it had are probably the fewest compare to other regions. Keep in mind yes, it has region lock, so it can only read the 3DS games that has the CT mark
未命名222.png

And here's all the games that is available, yes, no Smash 3DS, how pity...
未命名101.png

the bottom shows that it can play DS games from any region, at least that's what I think, it's possible that it can only play Japanese DS games.
PS3, Xbox 360,PS4, Xbox one, PS Vita. Have more localzed games than Nintendo, like Chinese/English mixed edition etc...

And now Wii U still hasn't been officially released in Taiwan, maybe never will...

And there was also a campaign that happened last year, many Chinese/Taiwan/Hong kong fans want Pokemon to be localized, and they even made books in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese to Nintendo, and they said they are think about it.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insi...uage-version-pokemon-chinas-passionate-gamers

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now that's what I call an educational post!

It's a real shame that it's so hard for you guys to get a proper Nintendo fix in your first language. Is the problem just as bad with PlayStation and Xbox consoles?

In any case, hopefully things change for you guys one day. And as a side note, I think that version of the SMG2 box art looks better than the English one.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I find it ironic that people say Rosalina is forced into games yet people rarely say the same about Peach, even though it's much more true there.

Like literally, she didn't need to get kidnapped in Sunshine. Mario had a perfectly good motive for hunting down the Shine Sprites already (clearing his own name).

Not to mention that Sunshine is literally the worst kidnapping, in the sense that she had AMPLE time to get away. She literally just stood there and let Shadow Mario take her. At least in the Galaxy games, the kidnappings are actually convincing.

It's not so much a problem with the character herself though, more how she's utilised. Because Peach can be entertaining when the people making the game with her want her to be.

Rosalina also had a similar problem in Galaxy (goddess of the cosmos can clearly handle this herself, but doesn't for some unexplained reason), though it isn't quite as obvious as just standing there and literally letting yourself get kidnapped.
I think it was around Sunshine when they decided to turn Peach into a total ditz. And only a year after Melee too. Not impressive indeed. I don't know, Peach just isn't my thing.

Going by your headcanon, Rosalina giving a task to Mario makes more sense in that way. It shows she can be independent and at the same time trust others and have faith in them as well as taking on a strong supportive role. If she resolved the whole thing on her own, she'd be like, "Whelp, looks like my work is done here," and just fly off elsewhere. The whole adventure in Galaxy is like her opportunity to bond with Mario's world and grow a stronger connection with it and everything that lives in the galaxy. She witnessed the strength and determination within that world and she felt she could have a strong relationship with that world. As a result, everyone was like, "OMG Rosalina we love you! Can you stay?" And stay she did, as she continued to appear in numerous Mario games and Smash and has always been awesome.

I myself am wondering what to do with my college years. I've had one year of community college experience so far and I'm still questioning if it's the right thing for me. I'm just hoping that when I get out, I can make a solid decision on if I want to go through with a four year degree. That college life sure is one strange life.

That Rosalina Artwork Thread. That was just... depressing. There was a lot going on, but I don't think the few posts I made there were helping anything. It was frightening to see the posts become so sour so fast. Reading the posts were so cringeworthy to read only imagining the type of emotion behind them. I know the decision must've been difficult, but I understand that it was to prevent anything worse happening. And honestly, I've lost a good amount of motivation to start practicing drawing Rosalina artwork. Not because I'm bitter about the new rules enforced, but because I'm afraid of causing any unintentional negativity if that makes any sense. I want this community to stay happy and healthy, and I want everyone to be comfortable here. I know this place has had its dark days, but we can always come back stronger and better. A community like this has been so inspiring and life changing. We're not just a group of people tossing about our two cents on a character. We are the Rosalina community. We can do anything!

"Even for those who didn't play Super Mario Galaxy can still fully enjoy the game's experience."Yeah right, I want Rosalina!
Give me Rosalina or give me... a Game Over screen!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like to think that, since it was introduced in Galaxy 2 that Rosalina can make Cosmic clones of herself (Cosmic Spirits), she has them run errands so she can still meet up with Mario and the gang and take time off. She just teleports down there and that's it.

As for Smash, my headcanon there is that she is actually just doing her job as protector of the cosmos, going to all of these different worlds and fighting where she needs to. I believe Rosalina (& the Lumas) and Palutena to be the only two characters that aren't being dragged into the Smash world by Master Hand (well, I'm unsure on Palutena, only because of Subspace), and show up because they want to/have business to attend to.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now that's what I call an educational post!

It's a real shame that it's so hard for you guys to get a proper Nintendo fix in your first language. Is the problem just as bad with PlayStation and Xbox consoles?

In any case, hopefully things change for you guys one day. And as a side note, I think that version of the SMG2 box art looks better than the English one.
Educational post? I think that post was long and messy...

And you see, the only high selling 3DS game that didn't come to Taiwan is Smash 3DS. Oh wait, also Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Tomadachi Life.

And most recent, they also release a new type of 3DS that is really really stupid, I had post if before,so I'll just get it here:
Not Rosalina related, but Taiwan recently release a new but not really new version of Nintendo 3DS, as we all know every regions of 3DS can only play that region's official software right? Well, Taiwanese 3DS has on of the fewest software compare to other regions(Even though we do have recent games like Dr.Mario:Miracle Cure on eshop...). So many of us just bought Japanese 3DS, or US 3DS like me.

However, Nintendo of Hong Kong release a 3DS that is special for Taiwan, it is a standard white 3DS which can play Japanese 3DS and DS software. HOWEVER, it has these following restrictions:
  • No wifi connections such as Internet browser, Miiverse.
  • No eshop, no FC list.
  • No wifi connection ability for every software.
  • No updates for softwares.
  • Systems update, local play, and download play available.
So you can briefly say this is just a DSi that can play 3DS Japanese games... it cost around 90 US$.
And this means you can finally play Smash 3DS, BUT this means you can only play by yourself, or play with other users who haven't got the latest update. And more odd, no DLCs...
I bet people will still buy Japanese 3DS rather than this one, even though this one has warranty.
I haven't got it, I got these pics from web.

Kind of ironic that this 3DS image seems to be the recent update version, which means there is Miiverse and theme shop, not sure if you can use theme shop. Miiverse, definitely not. The Taiwanese 3DS don't have Miiverse or themes yet.
View attachment 58546 View attachment 58547 View attachment 58548
Aw man... this is probably the most stupidest 3DS model you'll ever seen...

And New 3DS is still taken over by Japanese imports. No New 3DS in Taiwan.

This is why many Taiwanese gamers prefer Japanese import New 3DS than this crap 3DS...

Here's Super Mario Galaxy 2 gameplay Traditional Chinese explanation video. I have seen this in my city's mall game store before. I was like: "Hm... I kind of wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy", I didn't know Rosalina at the time. But now, I really wanted to say the F word when seeing the end of this video.
This... piss me off... after I had know Super Mario Galaxy was never even localized.
未命名888.png

this the end of that video.
And here's the commercial, yes, the Wii that shown at the end of the commercial is the Wii I had bought.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That would probably explain why Rosalina never did anything to stop Bowser's plans. Of course, with Polari being around, he'd probably keep the Comet Observatory in order while Rosalina is gone.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Wow. I had no idea it got locked down. Very disappointing since there was some really nice artwork being posted there. If "certain" topics were dropped long ago, it would have still been open.

Still, I haven't updated it in forever, and I probably wouldn't have either, so I guess something good came out of locking the thread.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow. I had no idea it got locked down. Very disappointing since there was some really nice artwork being posted there. If "certain" topics were dropped long ago, it would have still been open.

Still, I haven't updated it in forever, and I probably wouldn't have either, so I guess something good came out of locking the thread.
Yeah, I just post another Rosalina pic... and then I don't know why it turned out like this...

I really like that thread where you can come and share those artworks and artists. But like that when discussion goes overboard... it will get closed...

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yeah, I just post another Rosalina pic... and then I don't know why it turned out like this...

I really like that thread where you can come and share those artworks and artists. But like that when discussion goes overboard... it will get closed...
I do wonder if it will ever be reopened in the future once the topics there are forgotten.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy After some time has past, will the artwork thread ever be reopened in the future? I can understand for locking it because of the current situation at the time, but wouldn't it be better to take action against those breaking the rules rather than locking an entire thread? I say this because if people are ever breaking rules in general (say like in a discussion thread), wouldn't locking the thread entirely seem counter-intuitive?

I'll reiterate again that I understand that the thread had to be locked for the time being, but I'm just wondering if the thread will ever be reopened, and if it does, will proper action be taken against those breaking the rules instead of locking the thread again?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do wonder if it will ever be reopened in the future once the topics there are forgotten.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy After some time has past, will the artwork thread ever be reopened in the future? I can understand for locking it because of the current situation at the time, but wouldn't it be better to take action against those breaking the rules rather than locking an entire thread? I say this because if people are ever breaking rules in general (say like in a discussion thread), wouldn't locking the thread entirely seem counter-intuitive?

I'll reiterate again that I understand that the thread had to be locked for the time being, but I'm just wondering if the thread will ever be reopened, and if it does, will proper action be taken against those breaking the rules instead of locking the thread again?
I have the same thought.
Won't we just restrict the pics and topic rather than lock the entire thread up?
It's just Rosalina artwork thread, not a artwork discussion thread. So I guess we might need to make the rules more clear then...

I had already feel a bit of awkwardness the discussion suddenly directs at Rosalina's breast... so @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , what do you think when there's users talking about female body parts? I had said when there's female users, I don't think we should talk about those in that thread too often... we need to respect the female users.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I think it was around Sunshine when they decided to turn Peach into a total ditz. And only a year after Melee too. Not impressive indeed. I don't know, Peach just isn't my thing.

Going by your headcanon, Rosalina giving a task to Mario makes more sense in that way. It shows she can be independent and at the same time trust others and have faith in them as well as taking on a strong supportive role. If she resolved the whole thing on her own, she'd be like, "Whelp, looks like my work is done here," and just fly off elsewhere. The whole adventure in Galaxy is like her opportunity to bond with Mario's world and grow a stronger connection with it and everything that lives in the galaxy. She witnessed the strength and determination within that world and she felt she could have a strong relationship with that world. As a result, everyone was like, "OMG Rosalina we love you! Can you stay?" And stay she did, as she continued to appear in numerous Mario games and Smash and has always been awesome.
I personally don't agree with that. Rosalina was often there because she needed to, and didn't care that much in Mario, Luigi, or anyone else.

In SM3DW, she was playable in space (by the way, do you think she teleports the entire Comet Observatory in the Sprixie's world ?) because we seen at the end of Captain Toad (spoiler alert):

that the Green Stars are falling, and she was there to rescue them. She joined Mario's group because they had the Green Stars she wanted. And they continue together beucase they knew each other and that there were still Green Stars in this world

In Galaxy 1, she just made a deal. You save my stars and I take you to the centre of the Universe. She wouldn't take him to Bowser like that, and she had, like it was said, her cosmic duties to accomplish, so she couldn't really go to save her stars (cause Peach wasn't her intention at all).

In Galaxy 2, she appears as the Cosmic Spirit to help Mario getting the Power Stars to Lubba, and when he has them all, she has a reason to come there and take her baby Luma back (cause if she'd come before the end of Mario's adventure, then Luma would have staid? stayed (?) with Mario and she would have wait). She also had another reason to help Mario: she didn't really want Bowser to control the Universe she protects, and didn't do it herself because she was certainly really really far away, and multiple teleportations were a waste of energy. The Cosmic Spirit is maybe a reprentation of her soul she projects via the Power Stars which get bronze because of that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I personally don't agree with that. Rosalina was often there because she needed to, and didn't care that much in Mario, Luigi, or anyone else.

In SM3DW, she was playable in space (by the way, do you think she teleports the entire Comet Observatory in the Sprixie's world ?) because we seen at the end of Captain Toad (spoiler alert):

that the Green Stars are falling, and she was there to rescue them. She joined Mario's group because they had the Green Stars she wanted. And they continue together beucase they knew each other and that there were still Green Stars in this world

In Galaxy 1, she just made a deal. You save my stars and I take you to the centre of the Universe. She wouldn't take him to Bowser like that, and she had, like it was said, her cosmic duties to accomplish, so she couldn't really go to save her stars (cause Peach wasn't her intention at all).

In Galaxy 2, she appears as the Cosmic Spirit to help Mario getting the Power Stars to Lubba, and when he has them all, she has a reason to come there and take her baby Luma back (cause if she'd come before the end of Mario's adventure, then Luma would have staid? stayed (?) with Mario and she would have wait). She also had another reason to help Mario: she didn't really want Bowser to control the Universe she protects, and didn't do it herself because she was certainly really really far away, and multiple teleportations were a waste of energy. The Cosmic Spirit is maybe a reprentation of her soul she projects via the Power Stars which get bronze because of that.
Actually, Captain Toad never addresses Rosalina showing up. There is also no cutscene in 3D World showing Rosalina taking the Green Stars when Mario and the gang are done with them.

I mean, it's a good rationalisation you have there, but like the headcanon I have for Galaxy's plot hole, it isn't an officially addressed point.

In Galaxy 2, Rosalina doesn't help Mario get Power Stars either. She gets him Bronze Stars.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Probably not. I know that Rosalina's artwork thread hasn't been as crazy as the likes of the funny captions and Smash 4 fan art threads (both of which have been locked up for good), but we need to keep in mind that we're trying to encourage users to come to Rosalina's sub-forum.

Having an artwork thread present pretty much brings the risk of getting drawings that are too mature for a child-friendly audience, and we don't want users to feel uncomfortable for seeing those very drawings.

Sure, not all Rosalina drawings are mature, but you do need to look at the bigger picture, along with the severity of the situation that resulted in the artwork thread's closing. It's partially my fault for allowing such an ordeal to happen, but it's also the fault of the users in that they never reported the beyond borderline offenses to the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom