• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This guy gets it. Whenever I'm gone for a few hours, this thread is already at least a page ahead.
Sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it doesn't.
But hey, it's not like the main Social threads right? This is the reason why I seldom go to the main Social thread.

Probably not. I know that Rosalina's artwork thread hasn't been as crazy as the likes of the funny captions and Smash 4 fan art threads (both of which have been locked up for good), but we need to keep in mind that we're trying to encourage users to come to Rosalina's sub-forum.

Having an artwork thread present pretty much brings the risk of getting drawings that are too mature for a child-friendly audience, and we don't want users to feel uncomfortable for seeing those very drawings.

Sure, not all Rosalina drawings are mature, but you do need to look at the bigger picture, along with the severity of the situation that resulted in the artwork thread's closing.
Well... that's a bit disappointing...
Guess we might just post Rosalina artworks here then... I was always hoping there's one thread that can get those artworks together , didn't know it will get worse.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Actually, Captain Toad never addresses Rosalina showing up. There is also no cutscene in 3D World showing Rosalina taking the Green Stars when Mario and the gang are done with them.

I mean, it's a good rationalisation you have there, but like the headcanon I have for Galaxy's plot hole, it isn't an officially addressed point.

In Galaxy 2, Rosalina doesn't help Mario get Power Stars either. She gets him Bronze Stars.
That's why I said personally. It's true nothing advance that, but I like to think it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Opening a new artwork thread is as simple as giving it clearer rules, which the original one lacked. The forum rules also aren't the best at conveying what is and isn't appropriate either.

The images themselves were fine in the last topic, it was more to do with the discussion that took place thereafter (as nothing was said until then).

And even then, I wouldn't have pursued things so heavily if the mods were more straight with me to begin with, and just told me about how it has to do with the company that owns the site to begin with. Instead, I was just given both subjective and poor answers to my questions until an admin offered to talk with me in Forum Support.

I will re-iterate that I wasn't pursuing what I was because I am a pervert or anything, as I didn't even want to talk about..."unmentionables" (I'm too lazy to make my quotations massive) in that kind of context. I had a problem with the mods having a blatant misunderstanding over what it was they were forcing rules over (and this isn't the first time something like this has happened here), and how it seemed overly conservative considering the target demographic of this site (ages 13 and up), preventing even "matter of fact" discussion on the subject.

I didn't want to post anymore on the subject, but you guys have brought it up like, 5 times since the incident happened in a span of less than 2 days. And it's kind of embarrassing to not see you realise that making a new thread is as simple as having much clearer rules in place. I also noticed potential undertones in some posts that try to suggest I am some kind of pervert, when that isn't the case, so I'd like to put that to rest too.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Opening a new artwork thread is as simple as giving it clearer rules, which the original one lacked. The forum rules also aren't the best at conveying what is and isn't appropriate either.

The images themselves were fine in the last topic, it was more to do with the discussion that took place thereafter (as nothing was said until then).

And even then, I wouldn't have pursued things so heavily if the mods were more straight with me to begin with, and just told me about how it has to do with the company that owns the site to begin with. Instead, I was just given both subjective and poor answers to my questions until an admin offered to talk with me in Forum Support.

I will re-iterate that I wasn't pursuing what I was because I am a pervert or anything, as I didn't even want to talk about..."unmentionables" (I'm too lazy to make my quotations massive) in that kind of context. I had a problem with the mods having a blatant misunderstanding over what it was they were forcing rules over (and this isn't the first time something like this has happened here), and how it seemed overly conservative considering the target demographic of this site (ages 13 and up), preventing even "matter of fact" discussion on the subject.

I didn't want to post anymore on the subject, but you guys have brought it up like, 5 times since the incident happened in a span of less than 2 days. And it's kind of embarrassing to not see you realise that making a new thread is as simple as having much clearer rules in place. I also noticed potential undertones in some posts that try to suggest I am some kind of pervert, when that isn't the case, so I'd like to put that to rest too.
I just hope they can make a better explaination, rather than closing the thread that soon...
I actually against discussing those a bit, but closing the thread... no... that make those who just simply wanted to share a pic depressed... as long as that pic isn't NSFW.
I was also a bit shocked when I go back and check the SSB4 artwork thread and found out is was closed... so is it now there just can't be any place that shares SSB fanarts?
And don't forget there's also screenshot sharing thread!!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This thread sure knows how to stay busy while I'm asleep. There was one time where I looked here before going to bed and woke up finding that it was three pages longer.
The longest I've seen was like 4 pages ahead...though that was mostly because of the Zelda *******.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The longest I've seen was like 4 pages ahead...though that was mostly because of the Zelda *******.
I don't know if I should ask that, but I'm new there and I don't understand why they suddenly "overrun" the Rosalina thread just for... nothing ?
Could someone explain me ?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know if I should ask that, but I'm new there and I don't understand why they suddenly "overrun" the Rosalina thread just for... nothing ?
Could someone explain me ?
Why don't you go to the Zelda social and ask them yourself?

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I don't know where to put this so I'll just ask here: Is it true that ZeRo lost a tournament on wednesday?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Probably not. I know that Rosalina's artwork thread hasn't been as crazy as the likes of the funny captions and Smash 4 fan art threads (both of which have been locked up for good), but we need to keep in mind that we're trying to encourage users to come to Rosalina's sub-forum.

Having an artwork thread present pretty much brings the risk of getting drawings that are too mature for a child-friendly audience, and we don't want users to feel uncomfortable for seeing those very drawings.

Sure, not all Rosalina drawings are mature, but you do need to look at the bigger picture, along with the severity of the situation that resulted in the artwork thread's closing. It's partially my fault for allowing such an ordeal to happen, but it's also the fault of the users in that they never reported the beyond borderline offenses to the moderators.
Alright then, I understand. It's better safe than sorry it seems. Thank you for taking the proper action.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If you do go there please change your mains icon from rosa to zelda so we don't get trolled or harassed again ;-;
Excuse you.

We have multiple openly Rosalina liking, Rosalina-maining frequents already. Just because some of you don't like us doesn't mean we don't happily welcome Rosalinas if they aren't coming to flame at us.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Excuse you.

We have multiple openly Rosalina liking, Rosalina-maining frequents already. Just because some of you don't like us doesn't mean we don't happily welcome Rosalinas if they aren't coming to flame at us.
This is true. I tend to go to the Zelda boards myself because it's always so lively in there. Also, love that gif of Camilla. <3 :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On a different note, I'm almost finished with Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. I've made it up to the third tower of special world 8, and have Bowser Jr. in my party now.

To be very fair, I've only really been interested in the Super Mario Bros. Edition of Puzzle & Dragons, since Puzzle & Dragons Z seems more difficult with the lack of sub-attributes, and you can't continue if you get defeated either; you'd have to restart the dungeon all over again.

Part of me even feels like Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition should receive a sequel, which offers even more enemies that you can face and recruit; examples include Pokeys, Monty Moles, Mecha-Koopas, and Sumo Bros..

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Excuse you.

I'm terribly sorry for generalizing you all and I hope you can forgive me for my insolence, I have no negative feelings towards people who main Zelda or everyone from the Zelda community. However I would be lying if i said i wasn't upset at what happened sometime last week

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I gave up on playing Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. I couldn't get passed World 3 after like a hundred times and I was like "**** this". Have not touched the game since.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I gave up on playing Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. I couldn't get passed World 3 after like a hundred times and I was like "**** this". Have not touched the game since.
I must have more patience then, since I did do a good deal of level grinding, which in return, made a big difference in the long run. Sure, Morton can be a pain at first, but he becomes a mere pushover once you compare him to the stronger threats that'll pop up at the later worlds. By then, you'll gain allies who have stronger ATK multipliers.

Anyway, I'm only down to just two more courses, but after seeing the Dry Bowser battle video that Zephiel810 uploaded, I'm working on level grinding my party even further, which even includes leveling up the Awoken Skills to higher levels. I'll need to be fully prepared for Dry Bowser, along with all the enemies that I'll have to deal with before I get to him.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm still dying to get the Super Mario Bros. Edition of Puzzle & Dragons. I have the regular Puzzle & Dragons on my phone, but my finger blocks the screen too much. A stylus is much better for the game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I was out of Smashboards for over 13 hours and it seems fine now. Not like past February was a bit wild.

Excuse you.

Well, I'm a Mario and Rosalina main/fan, so... yeah, it's not like I dislike Zelda users, just as long the posts doesn't get weird.

Oh this part... this is the part where Camilla is just so...hot...
I'm still dying to get the Super Mario Bros. Edition of Puzzle & Dragons. I have the regular Puzzle & Dragons on my phone, but my finger blocks the screen too much. A stylus is much better for the game.
Most of Taiwanese (Including my older sister who is "addicted" to this game) play it on the phone. Perhaps you should play it on the tablet?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I was out of Smashboards for over 13 hours and it seems fine now. Not like past February was a bit wild.
What happened back then has no meaning to me now.
Well, I'm a Mario and Rosalina main/fan, so... yeah, it's not like I dislike Zelda users, just as long the posts doesn't get weird.

Oh this part... this is the part where Camilla is just so...hot...
Rosalina all the way! **** Mario and the rest!
Anyways, as long as those Zelda ******* act like normal human beings, then I wouldn't refer to them as *******.

And don't even spoil the damn story about that Fire Emblem game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wasn't too fond of the series myself until I played Fire Emblem Awakening. I mean that game was so amazing in every way that I literally became interested in the series since. it's currently in the runner up of being my second favorite Nintendo franchise ever.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only one hot around here is that hot emo-looking anime chick on Berserker's signature...NOT!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Taste in anime chicks and waifus ofc

Not surprised tho that you ask this, since you probably don't know what's hot and what's not ;) ;)

Real talk: Rosalina is hot also so there's that! :>
I'm not crazy enough to use the word "waifu" if that's what you're implying. Besides, I'm not into anime anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom