• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Those are so damn fantastic! :) I love it!

The only criticism I have is that the hands could use some work. I think Peach's fingers could have been done better, but drawing on the Gamepad is really difficult, so I'm fine with the way it is overall. :)
I agree 100% , i'm not the best at drawing hands (i love drawing hair though , it's one of my strong points tbh) and the game pad is a stretch with details , but when i color them i'll make sure to make them better , even Rosalina's hands were kinda off but oh well.

Thanks btw.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really see why it needs to be specifically mentioned, since people normally do get along here.

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
I was looking at 10 Man replays online and saw @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's up there so I was just about to mention that observation here :p. Had no idea there was some miiverse contest, as I was catching up with this thread, so I decided to see if I could do well. I had gotten 7.46 at a friend's house but I naturally couldn't upload that; after like an hour I managed to land a solid 7.53 run on my own console. You can see both mine and M&SG's replays (until like August 11th, for me at least) by:
going to online,
going to share,
going to view,
going to replays,
changing the mode to Multi-Man smash,
changing the character to rosaluma,
making sure the region includes the U.S.,
and clicking search.

now the question is which team to upload it to...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's good to see people getting along in this thread. Makes me happy. :)
Yep, me too. :)
Haha , i don't really care . i mean it's nice that it's there and people eventually would see it but i'm way more happy , that one of you , in this case , SonicBrawler182 , saw it in their game.

Btw , this ones come next as i promised , and later Mario or Yoshi. Or maybe Luigi since i like Luigi more.

You may need some adjustments with Peach's nose a bit.
I want to see Mario...
I was looking at 10 Man replays online and saw @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's up there so I was just about to mention that observation here :p. Had no idea there was some miiverse contest, as I was catching up with this thread, so I decided to see if I could do well. I had gotten 7.46 at a friend's house but I naturally couldn't upload that; after like an hour I managed to land a solid 7.53 run on my own console. You can see both mine and M&SG's replays (until like August 11th, for me at least) by:
going to online,
going to share,
going to view,
going to replays,
changing the mode to Multi-Man smash,
changing the character to rosaluma,
making sure the region includes the U.S.,
and clicking search.

now the question is which team to upload it to...
Here's my record so far:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Never thought I would be able to play Mario Kart 8 after a long while. I recently went back to it for another attempt to achieve a 3-star rank on all cups on 200cc. So far, I got 3 stars on 6 of the main cups. Using the brakes really is crucial.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Never thought I would be able to play Mario Kart 8 after a long while. I recently went back to it for another attempt to achieve a 3-star rank on all cups on 200cc. So far, I got 3 stars on 6 of the main cups. Using the brakes really is crucial.
Which cup do you think it's the hardest?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, which is a pain in the *** to deal with, especially with Rainbow Road.
Oh right, rainbow road, you fell a lot right?

I always try to master every MK rainbow road, my most favorite rainbow road so far has to be MK Wii.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I feel like I get pulled off the map sometimes but it's just me being bad xD
I see...
Most rainbow road are slippery, you will always feel like you are getting pulled over to the edge.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Something about the way you drew the front of her hair is really pretty. I guess it because it's more flowy than the official version.
Oh thanks!

I guess it's because i like make hair look like that , and sometimes i do the features differently to add my own touch.
She wasn't so hard , but was slightly harder than Rosalina for some reason.

I have this personal scale that goes : Rosalina , Peach and Daisy. I got to draw Rosie really quick and i was used to Peach since i have drawn her since i was like 5 . It means the difficulty level of drawing For me , Daisy is the hardest for me since i like to add Really thin and sharp features but Daisy is really round , contrary to Peach and even more to Rosalina who has the Sharpest features to have the ''Elegant'' look.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Nice artwork.
Hope you can draw Mario soon.
Thanks.

Next comes Daisy , as i said. And after her... well i don't know XD

Most likely it's going to be Yoshi. But i'll do Mario and Luigi too for sure , and lastly Wario , Waluigi and Bowser.

After that , i'm going to stop , or maybe i'll give a shot to Toad since Toad is super easy.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thanks.

Next comes Daisy , as i said. And after her... well i don't know XD

Most likely it's going to be Yoshi. But i'll do Mario and Luigi too for sure , and lastly Wario , Waluigi and Bowser.

After that , i'm going to stop , or maybe i'll give a shot to Toad since Toad is super easy.
You can draw Toad too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A drawing tip for pretty much any main Mario character that isn't Rosalina is to remember that their designs are completely symmetrical. Unless you are doing a dynamic action pose or have their hair being blown in the wind or something, you can pretty much just draw one half of the character, copy it, and then mirror it and place it against the other half, and boom, you're done. That might sound lazy, but it's genuinely the best way to do it, because it means both halves are completely consistent and don't have any discrepancies between them.

Rosalina is the sole exception within the main cast, due to her hair bang, her hair tail, and the fact her gown is much more loose in the skirt and sleeves area compared to Peach and Daisy's dresses (meaning you should always draw those parts from scratch so that they look more natural). However, you can do it to an extent, you'll just have to draw over some stuff.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A drawing tip for pretty much any main Mario character that isn't Rosalina is to remember that their designs are completely symmetrical. Unless you are doing a dynamic action pose or have their hair being blown in the wind or something, you can pretty much just draw one half of the character, copy it, and then mirror it and place it against the other half, and boom, you're done. That might sound lazy, but it's genuinely the best way to do it, because it means both halves are completely consistent and don't have any discrepancies between them.

Rosalina is the sole exception within the main cast, due to her hair bang, her hair tail, and the fact her gown is much more loose in the skirt and sleeves area compared to Peach and Daisy's dresses (meaning you should always draw those parts from scratch so that they look more natural). However, you can do it to an extent, you'll just have to draw over some stuff.
Oh i know this haha.

Notice Peach eyes and you can tell they are the same but mirror-ed

And yeah Rosalina is not symmetric at all , and i guess i kinda like that since that way i can draw her completely.

In this case i considered it because her pose is really simple and she is staring right to you , the arms and hands however are not identical and in the end since i have to basically do it again (because Miiverse post are cut due to space) then i just did it all the way , features like the Eyes and ears However use the mirror function because it just looks better , the hair could be too but i made it look close to each side so it's not distracting.

It also depends on the pose like you said , in this case it could be done but i generally don't do it since i don't really like poses like the one Peach has since it's really simple.

Then again i used it since for her it works , Rosalina staring at us for example it's not so nice looking (it can be) but i prefer another view.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah I've noticed that Nintendo never makes artwork of Rosalina, 2D or 3D, that depicts her looking and turned completely straight forward at the same time.

The SOLE exception is one of the frames in the Rosalina 3DS Home Menu Theme. Which I wish there was a full colour version of (along with the other frames).

EDIT:

>listened to "Sora's Sacrifice" from Kingdom Hearts
>listened to "Hikari Music Box" from Kingdom Hearts
>listened to Luma's theme from Galaxy
>listened to "Family" from Galaxy
>it's 4 in the morning and I'm about to go to bed

I feel so mellow and quiet inside right now...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Recently, I've done up some custom ally boxes, which are related to Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. If a sequel ever gets made, some additional characters should probably be added onto the list.

[collapse=Ally List (from left to right)]Princess Daisy
Super Daisy
Wario
Super Wario
Waluigi
Super Waluigi
Toadette
Fluzzard
Birdo
Red Luma
Blue Luma
Green Luma
Yellow Luma
Polari
Dino Piranha
Fiery Dino Piranha
Gobblegut
Fiery Gobblegut
Monty Mole
Rocky Wrench
Undergrunt Gunner
Pokey
Big Pokey
Double Big Pokey
Spike
Double Spike
Big Spike
Mechakoopa
Big Mechakoopa
Mechakoopa Trio
Octoomba
Elite Octoomba
Octoomba Leader
Octopus
Prince Pikante
King Kaliente
Fishbone
Big Fishbone
Kingfin
Topmini
Spiked Topman
Topmaniac
Flipbug
Mandibug
Bugaboom
Spiny Cheep Cheep
Porcupuffer
Bomb Boo
Bouldergeist
Sumo Bro
Boss Sumo Bro
Reznor
Nabbit
Pom Pom[/collapse]

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Done. Next comes Daisy.
Color does wonders
Woaw ! She's incredibly well drawn. You got it perfectly.

3D World Rosalina's voice still stands as Laura's best performance yet.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0IKlzfSVyKm

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0u1D5fLoU1U

I also like this one (When Rosalina jumps out of a world) because it really stands out since it's really deep.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MTabEsSzis
When does she say "finally" ? I've never heard that from her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She says ''Finally'' when she gets the Mega Mushroom , but it sounds much deeper in-game because she grows up. And thanks

...Thaaaat is an odd voice clip placement.

"Oh finally, I get to be a giantess again like in the ending to Galaxy, except now I can march around bringing pain and suffering!!!"

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't know if this was posted before, but this picture is very pretty:

I wonder why Luma would wear goggles though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

mario123007

NNID
mario123007