• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please direct or add me to the Skype group? I would really like to join and be apart of it. Username should be lange92 thanks

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can someone please direct or add me to the Skype group? I would really like to join and be apart of it. Username should be lange92 thanks
You can go the the Rosalina Skype group and type your username there.

TriTails

Smash Lord
And one personal note, today is my 18th birthday... this is not gonna be a enjoyable birthday this time, cuz I'm gonna go try to get a scooter license today.
Hey! Happy Birthday for ya!

Like I've said before, Rosalina looks so much better while she's wearing her wonderful dress.
Agreed. Pictures of Rosalina just wearing her inner clothes disturb me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She looks so graceful in that wonderful dress, of course.
I will say that seeing her in her swimsuit doesn't sound like something she would do.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She looks so graceful in that wonderful dress, of course.
I will say that seeing her in her swimsuit doesn't sound like something she would do.
Yeah.. but hey, it's just a fanart.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It doesn't matter to me whether Rosalina is in her dress, biker outfit, a swimsuit, etc. because to me, she looks great in just about anything. And hey, it never hurts to go outside your own boundaries. Trying new things, experiencing what's usually foreign to you, all that stuff, ya know? From my perspective, it's as if she's exploring herself further and tries something new in an attempt to expand beyond her already established character. But that's just me. Others have their own preferences, but I enjoy fan art that emphasizes Rosalina's amazingness in her original form as well as seeing artists use their creativity to make something totally unique and different. There is no right or wrong with personal preferences. It's nice to see the beauty of the artists' works collectively.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
It doesn't matter to me whether Rosalina is in her dress, biker outfit, a swimsuit, etc. because to me, she looks great in just about anything. And hey, it never hurts to go outside your own boundaries. Trying new things, experiencing what's usually foreign to you, all that stuff, ya know? From my perspective, it's as if she's exploring herself further and tries something new in an attempt to expand beyond her already established character. But that's just me. Others have their own preferences, but I enjoy fan art that emphasizes Rosalina's amazingness in her original form as well as seeing artists use their creativity to make something totally unique and different. There is no right or wrong with personal preferences. It's nice to see the beauty of the artists' works collectively.
I agree with you 100%

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tell that to M&SG.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Agreed.
And one my personal note, I pass my scooter license test on my 18th birthday!

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
And one my personal note, I pass my scooter license test on my 18th birthday!
Good thing to hear!

...Before I noticed the caption since it's covered below my viewable window on Firefox I actually thought that picture meant something else.

I guess it more depends on the style of the outfit that she's wearing. Wearing something that's too revealing might not be within her borders.
Ditto. Was meaning to say this too actually.

But, try to search 'Rosalina' in DA and dig down.

Most are great. But some are...

Urgh. No offense to any artist, but even though some of them (Yes. Some of some) are not particularly revealing, they are quite suggesting.

Kids. No. Don't do it. No. Just don't.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see the problem with Rosalina wearing alternative outfits, even if they are revealing.

While I can understand some people might be sexually repulsed, I also don't think wearing revealing clothes is even a sexual thing depending on the context. Like, if Rosalina was taking a visit to say, Sunshine Beach Galaxy (I think that was the name of the beach level with the Piantas in Galaxy 2), I don't see why she wouldn't wear a bikini, or just something with more skin being shown. It's appropriate for the context, who she is doesn't really factor in since I don't think any woman wants to cover up completely on a hot day.

Similarly, while the biker outfit is definitely enticing and Rosalina completely owns the look with her mature body compared to Peach and Daisy, the biker outfit is ACTUALLY a form of censorship, since, well...you'd be constantly seeing her "cosmos" in her normal outfit, let's just put it that way. :V
While it may let her breasts push out more than in the gown, it's not oversexualisation or an exaggeration, since that's just how she is. Contrary to popular belief, Rosalina IS actually quite busty - her gown is just really concealing, and even then, she hardly looks flat in it:

The fact that most people don't notice her bust in any game, gown or biker outfit, is proof that nothing is done in-game to really draw your attention to it. Same goes for the rest of her body.

Essentially, Rosalina can justifiably be called sexy without question, so it's easy to see why she gets a lot of raunchy fanart. However, none of her animations are made to really draw your attention to anything - she doesn't do anything inherently sexual, and none of her animations are exaggerated to make you look at a specific area of her body (unlike ZSS in Smash, where it seems like every animation draws attention to either her butt or her chest, even though they are just fighting animations).

Basically I'm fine with sexual fanart, because honestly the character is beautiful, but I don't want Nintendo do do anything blatantly sexualising with her, like they do with ZSS in Smash and Metroid: Other M. Or like they do with Peach and Daisy in Mario Strikers.

I only dislike the idea of her wearing things that seem uncharacteristic, or off in relation to her overall aesthetic. While I like the biker outfit a lot, I wish the three girls didn't have the same one but recoloured. At the very least, only Peach should have the heart emblem on the back. Daisy should have a flower motif, and Rosalina should have a Grand Star or a Luma emblem.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't see the problem with Rosalina wearing alternative outfits, even if they are revealing.

While I can understand some people might be sexually repulsed, I also don't think wearing revealing clothes is even a sexual thing depending on the context. Like, if Rosalina was taking a visit to say, Sunshine Beach Galaxy (I think that was the name of the beach level with the Piantas in Galaxy 2), I don't see why she wouldn't wear a bikini, or just something with more skin being shown. It's appropriate for the context, who she is doesn't really factor in since I don't think any woman wants to cover up completely on a hot day.

Similarly, while the biker outfit is definitely enticing and Rosalina completely owns the look with her mature body compared to Peach and Daisy, the biker outfit is ACTUALLY a form of censorship, since, well...you'd be constantly seeing her "cosmos" in her normal outfit, let's just put it that way. :V
While it may let her breasts push out more than in the gown, it's not oversexualisation or an exaggeration, since that's just how she is. Contrary to popular belief, Rosalina IS actually quite busty - her gown is just really concealing, and even then, she hardly looks flat in it:

The fact that most people don't notice her bust in any game, gown or biker outfit, is proof that nothing is done in-game to really draw your attention to it. Same goes for the rest of her body.

Essentially, Rosalina can justifiably be called sexy without question, so it's easy to see why she gets a lot of raunchy fanart. However, none of her animations are made to really draw your attention to anything - she doesn't do anything inherently sexual, and none of her animations are exaggerated to make you look at a specific area of her body (unlike ZSS in Smash, where it seems like every animation draws attention to either her butt or her chest, even though they are just fighting animations).

Basically I'm fine with sexual fanart, because honestly the character is beautiful, but I don't want Nintendo do do anything blatantly sexualising with her, like they do with ZSS in Smash and Metroid: Other M. Or like they do with Peach and Daisy in Mario Strikers.

I only dislike the idea of her wearing things that seem uncharacteristic, or off in relation to her overall aesthetic. While I like the biker outfit a lot, I wish the three girls didn't have the same one but recoloured. At the very least, only Peach should have the heart emblem on the back. Daisy should have a flower motif, and Rosalina should have a Grand Star or a Luma emblem.
Great explain.
I think Rosalina looks great in swimsuits and bikinis, but to respect the female users, we shouldn't talk about this way too deep of course...
We can just simply say her art are beautiful, gorgeous, and that's much much about it when I describe some of her fanarts.

And don't worry, I'm sure she will still be they way she is in future games. With Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games coming, if she managed to appear in these games. I will looking forward to see how can they make her sports outfit unique.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
sonicbrawler182 said:
While I like the biker outfit a lot, I wish the three girls didn't have the same one but recoloured. At the very least, only Peach should have the heart emblem on the back. Daisy should have a flower motif, and Rosalina should have a Grand Star or a Luma emblem.
Here is something we should demonstrate for.
I was a bit upset when I saw the hearts on Daisy's and Rosalina's bikers outfits I have to say. That was hard for me to accept that... I really don't know why they did that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's honestly my biggest concern with those games - I would love to see Rosalina in a leotard for the ribbon dancing event, a swimsuit for swimming, or some kind of general sports outfit, but I HOPE they give her a unique design that fits her overall aesthetic. Giving her just a recolour of Peach and Daisy's outfits wouldn't look right at all, since personality, body shape, and aesthetic wise, she is a very different character to them.

I also wouldn't be opposed to them giving Daisy unique outfits too, though at least with Daisy, the outfits Peach wears actually work well enough for her since she is more similar, especially in the body type an aesthetics departments.

I'm half expecting them to make Rosalina stick with her regular gown though, especially in the tennis game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's honestly my biggest concern with those games - I would love to see Rosalina in a leotard for the ribbon dancing event, a swimsuit for swimming, or some kind of general sports outfit, but I HOPE they give her a unique design that fits her overall aesthetic. Giving her just a recolour of Peach and Daisy's outfits wouldn't look right at all, since personality, body shape, and aesthetic wise, she is a very different character to them.

I also wouldn't be opposed to them giving Daisy unique outfits too, though at least with Daisy, the outfits Peach wears actually work well enough for her since she is more similar, especially in the body type an aesthetics departments.

I'm half expecting them to make Rosalina stick with her regular gown though, especially in the tennis game.
Agreed with you here, I will love to see her with unique outfits.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Couldn't have said it better myself. Speaking of Grand Stars, why isn't her final smash a Grand Star? Just tweak the power star model a bit and there ya go.
Great explain.
I think Rosalina looks great in swimsuits and bikinis, but to respect the female users, we shouldn't talk about this way too deep of course...
We can just simply say her art are beautiful, gorgeous, and that's much much about it when I describe some of her fanarts.

And don't worry, I'm sure she will still be they way she is in future games. With Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games coming, if she managed to appear in these games. I will looking forward to see how can they make her sports outfit unique.
I'm really curious about how her tennis outfit would look if she had one along with other outfits. Hopefully they won't get lazy on us (looking at you, Mario Tennis Open. You and your "Oh, Rosalina's model is so complex so here have a little Luma.") It wouldn't hurt for them to give us some Rosalina fanservice that emphasizes why she's such a special character. Spinoff or not, they should stay true to what makes her who she is and not halfheartedly give her hand-me-down outfits from Peach and Daisy. Something eye-catching, new, and emphasizes her uniqueness.
Haha, on the topic of Rosalina wearing different outfits...

You're a goddess now.
You're an angel now.
You're a goddess you're an angel you're a goddess you're an angel...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Haha, on the topic of Rosalina wearing different outfits...

Looks pretty.
Pit's reaction:

Can you show me the source of that pic?
I'm really curious about how her tennis outfit would look if she had one along with other outfits. Hopefully they won't get lazy on us (looking at you, Mario Tennis Open. You and your "Oh, Rosalina's model is so complex so here have a little Luma.") It wouldn't hurt for them to give us some Rosalina fanservice that emphasizes why she's such a special character. Spinoff or not, they should stay true to what makes her who she is and not halfheartedly give her hand-me-down outfits from Peach and Daisy. Something eye-catching, new, and emphasizes her uniqueness.
Yeah... me too.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Umm... So I just found this recently on tumblr... Showed up on my dashboard.

http://botanicsage.tumblr.com/post/123062174997/akairiot-ssb4-summer-munchies-icons-feel-free

Some are pretty lewd... Apparently these are icons too (included in the link).
I really like this artist's art style. Just how well he draws every character so gorgeously, even Villager. It's just downside that most of his art are NSFW...
Yeah... I mean, just look how Palutena eats her popsicle .
So...
Villager is eating a chocolate flavor popsicle.
Palutena... I don't know what kind of flavor she's eating, is it a combination flavor?
Peach is probably just licking a strawberry lollipop.
Wii Fit trainer... banana, a fruit I always eat after lunch and dinner, a very healthy fruit.
Lucina is eating a chocolate bun I guess?
ZSS, drinking alcohol, a more personal note, on my 18th birthday, my dad made me drink a beer that has 2.5% alcohol for the first time. Urgh...
Robin, strawberry donut, I prefer donuts with simply sugar coating.
Rosalina, a soda/mint flavor popsicle? Now that's cool!
Zelda is licking a strawberry ice cream cone...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>rosalina isn't the one delicately devouring the donut

0/10, artist paid no attention to source material

No, he never did. He gets from fan request,commission, and his own thoughts.
And I actually love to see her eating other delicious stuff. We only see her eating in MP10. So why not see her eating other stuff?
But still, the art is still amazing. You can request him to draw her eating a donut. But so far, his request and commissions are closed for now.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Umm... So I just found this recently on tumblr... Showed up on my dashboard.
-
http://botanicsage.tumblr.com/post/123062174997/akairiot-ssb4-summer-munchies-icons-feel-free

Some are pretty lewd... Apparently these are icons too (included in the link).
-A grown up female Villager eating some chocolate ice cream.
-The stripper sticking her icicle in her boobs like a *****.
-***** licking a lollipop like a *****.
-Wii Fit Trainer feelin' the burn with a banana in her mouth.
-...I have no idea what Lucina is eating. Makes her look like a spoiled kid.
-Samus gets drunk under the sun.
-Robin eating a donut while waitin' for someone to pat her on her head.
-Rosalina looks just as graceful enjoying her icicle.
-Zelda looks like she's telling someone to "get lost" while enjoying her strawberry ice cream.

Overall, the stripper and Peach are still ****** while the rest of them shines ever so bright.

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Palutena... I don't know what kind of flavor she's eating, is it a combination flavor?
Yeah it's just a popsicle with blue, vanilla, and cherry flavoring. If I recall my childhood correctly, it's based off the super hero captain America. As his face was always next to the stick on the ice cream truck.

I don't think I ever bothered getting it thought. I always got the sonic popsicle because I liked it came with gum as his eyeballs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah it's just a popsicle with blue, vanilla, and cherry flavoring. If I recall my childhood correctly, it's based off the super hero captain America. As his face was always next to the stick on the ice cream truck.

I don't think I ever bothered getting it thought. I always got the sonic popsicle because I liked it came with gum as his eyeballs.
As I was coming into this topic, I was finishing listening to a podcast related to Sonic, and they played this song as they were signing off, and it perfectly fits your signature:

Sorry, random moment there, but it HAD to be said.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I remember I got Mario popsicle a long time ago when I was in USA, his nose was made of blue gumball...

It looks similar to this, I don't really remember what did Mario popsicle had look like, but I did remember his nose was blue.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember I got Mario popsicle a long time ago when I was in USA, his nose was made of blue gumball...

It looks similar to this, I don't really remember what did Mario popsicle had look like, but I did remember his nose was blue.
I've actually seen one when I was still living in Texas. Never tried one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom