• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
BrawlBox. It is a computer software tool that can read the files inside Super Smash Bros. Brawl's ISO, but it is also compatible with the decompressed contents for Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and Mario Party 9.
Oh yeah, you had told me before, so where did that Rosalina model from?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ah yeah , you are right ,they are in Obj or Dae format , not in szs packs like the tools use.
This reminds me: What makes this even more of a hassle is that whenever I decompress the files from the Wii U games into szs format, Brawlbox still can't read it. I wanted to get the Rosalina and Peach model from Super Mario 3D World, but it was unreadable when decompressed for some reason.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This reminds me: What makes this even more of a hassle is that whenever I decompress the files from the Wii U games into szs format, Brawlbox still can't read it. I wanted to get the Rosalina and Peach model from Super Mario 3D World, but it was unreadable when decompressed for some reason.
Try szs explorer or modifier

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I tried it there and I get the same issue. At this point I've given up with these files. I might end up deleting all of it.
Seems weird to me. A friend of mine was able to go into the game files of 3D world but i don't know what he extracted.

If i was able to get into 3D World files , the first thing i would look for are Rosalina's voice files , since i figured how to get the 3DS ones , i think i can get the Wii u Ones as well.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Seems weird to me. A friend of mine was able to go into the game files of 3D world but i don't know what he extracted.

If i was able to get into 3D World files , the first thing i would look for are Rosalina's voice files , since i figured how to get the 3DS ones , i think i can get the Wii u Ones as well.
Go for it. The Rosalina voice clips would be quite nice.

If I could mod my Wii U games, I'd definitely do texture hacking again, especially with Mario Kart 8. I'd do a Splatoon themed mod since Splatfest (a special event) is coming up for America and Europe.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Go for it. The Rosalina voice clips would be quite nice.

If I could mod my Wii U games, I'd definitely do texture hacking again, especially with Mario Kart 8. I'd do a Splatoon themed mod since Splatfest (a special event) is coming up for America and Europe.
It may take a long time to have a software that can easily hacked Wii U.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'm looking for some Rosalina practice. I lost to Xaltis at CEO, but not without taking a game off of him. I also managed to take my first set off of Neos in some friendlies as well. Looking for someone around their level on the board. Who would be the right person to ask?

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I'm looking for some Rosalina practice. I lost to Xaltis at CEO, but not without taking a game off of him. I also managed to take my first set off of Neos in some friendlies as well. Looking for someone around their level on the board. Who would be the right person to ask?
I don't know if any of the really good Rosalina & Luma mains check these boards often. If you would like I could ask falln or dabuz to play you, but be warned, they are considered to be the 2 best Rosalina & Luma mains.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Dabuz and M2K are the ones that you can train with them, I didn't see your match with Xaltis, is there video?
I don't know if any of the really good Rosalina & Luma mains check these boards often. If you would like I could ask falln or dabuz to play you, but be warned, they are considered to be the 2 best Rosalina & Luma mains.
Falln is not bad, but I think M2K is worth with practice too.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Dabuz and M2K are the ones that you can train with them, I didn't see your match with Xaltis, is there video?

Comparing M2K's Rosalina to Falln's is an insult to Falln. M2K is a great player but he just picked up Rosalina and he lacks in Luma control and doesn't do anything special with the character :x

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what did I miss?

I was hanging out with some Treasure Trackers and sporty princesses today, for a change.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Comparing M2K's Rosalina to Falln's is an insult to Falln. M2K is a great player but he just picked up Rosalina and he lacks in Luma control and doesn't do anything special with the character :x
Yeah I do found M2K isn't good at controling Luma, but when it's about edguarding and other advance tech that is not Luma involved, M2K do have some good hands on.
So what did I miss?

I was hanging out with some Treasure Trackers and sporty princesses today, for a change.
Treasure Trackers and sporty princesses? Ok...
Nothing much you missed really.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
(sort of) Crazy story: Yesterday I've went to a tournament and used :4megaman: for the majorty of it. But at one point when friendlies were opened up and the tournament was near its end, I was among the last survivors in loser's bracket and I was pitted against one of my state's previous PR Members who mains Sheik and Rosalina (used to be Diddy Kong instead of the latter, but I think he dropped him because of his nerfs?). I got slightly (but not significantly) scared, he was on season 1's PR for our state and he pretty much bodied me the last time I played him, and I thought for sure I was going to lose and that he would knock me out of the tournament. In addition to that, I was getting bored from the multiple times I played Mega Man in a row (plus I don't like fighting Sheik as him) was pretty eager to just get to playing friendlies to have fun; so I chose :rosalina: against him, a character I am still learning and have never used her in a tournament before, but I chose her because: I've been practicing with this character lately and I think she's a lot of fun, I thought my defeat was inevitable who I played, and I didn't really care about losing anyway. Nevertheless I still tried my best anyway, but the match went much more smoothly than I expected and it ended up being in my favor for most of the game and I actually won and beat him, quite a few people were watching it too. So he switched to Rosa too and jokingly said that it was gonna be a ton of fun doing the ditto, this match was a lot harder and a little more annoying than the previous, but I still won and ended up taking the whole set, and I got a round of applause once it was over. I was pretty surprised at well I did and I am really truly happy about how it went and I find myself wanting to use Rosie more often now, despite not initially caring about winning/losing. Granted, ditto matches aren't really a good way to indicate who's better with the character, and he was a little inactive in the scene for most of season 2 and has just come back not too long ago, but still he was on our previous Power Rankings and he still relatively well in this tournament, getting 7th out of 32 just two places below me. Choosing Rosa was supposed to be a joke, and yet I actually got away with this one against a good player. And even though she's top tier we actually don't have that many people who main her in my state, so I think that got me some of the applause from my buddies, in addition to it being the first time I busted her out. For my next match, I was placed against one of our new PR members that plays Jigglypuff and chose her again, I lost but I did take one of his stocks and got him to at least 50% as far back as I can remember so I still did fine. Switched to Greninja afterwards in an even closer set but was finally knocked out of the tournament, but I was still in a good mood and just went to playing friendlies, still using Rosa most of the time and beating a fair amount of people.

Craziest things have happened. That might not have been the most amazing feat due to those factors, but I'm seriously considering on using this character now and making a trio of the true blue guys: :4megaman::4greninja::rosalina:. Can't tell you how how much that satisfied me :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm seriously considering on using this character now and making a trio of the true blue guys: :4megaman::4greninja::rosalina:. Can't tell you how how much that satisfied me :)
he weeps

Nah but that's awesome. Hopefully you can train real hard with her and get really good with her!

My equivalent character in terms of "I use them for fun but I actually might be very good with them", is :4ness:.

It makes me feel....

OK inside...

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280

Will they play online? I know dabuz used to go to Nintendodojo.

My fight with Xaltis wasn't streamed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Will they play online? I know dabuz used to go to Nintendodojo.

My fight with Xaltis wasn't streamed.
I do saw Dabuz's doing stream sometimes...

Oh I see... I saw that you had face with Xaltis in the Pool round... hope you can do better next time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Craziest things have happened. That might not have been the most amazing feat due to those factors, but I'm seriously considering on using this character now and making a trio of the true blue guys: :4megaman::4greninja::rosalina:. Can't tell you how how much that satisfied me :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm doing something I have not done in a year now and that's playing Mario Kart 7. Forgot how much fun I had playing that ****.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm doing something I have not done in a year now and that's playing Mario Kart 7. Forgot how much fun I had playing that ****.
I had play that before, it was my first 3DS game.
No, I'm just playing the single player mode. Are there people online still active?
Yeah, there are.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't touched Mario Kart 7's online at all after I've got my hands on Pokemon White Version 2. That was back around October 2012, if I recall correctly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That was my third 3DS game I bought (I now have 30 games).

I'm surprised the online is still active even after Mario Kart 8 came out.
Of course. There has be someone playing it around the world. In Taiwan, there's no New 3DS yet. Not even MK8.
And wow, I'm so jealous that you have 30 games. Right now I only have about 6-7 games.

One thing that I am disappointed about MK7 is that you can't local play with other region MK7. You can't even download play. You can only add that person's FC and then race with him online.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't touched Mario Kart 7's online at all after I've got my hands on Pokemon White Version 2. That was back around October 2012, if I recall correctly.
I haven't played Mario Kart 7 online a year before I stopped playing the game altogether mainly because of games like Fire Emblem Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Of course. There has be someone playing it around the world. In Taiwan, there's no New 3DS yet. Not even MK8.
And wow, I'm so jealous that you have 30 games. Right now I only have about 6-7 games.

One thing that I am disappointed about MK7 is that you can't local play with other region MK7. You can't even download play. You can only add that person's FC and then race with him online.
All the hard work has paid off. I had like 10 games before I got the job I currently work at now.

The only letdown I have about Mario Kart 7 is that there is no Vs. mode. I guess the StreetPass feature is what makes up for it.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That was my third 3DS game I bought (I now have 30 games).

I'm surprised the online is still active even after Mario Kart 8 came out.
Well then you'll be even more surprised to know that Mario Kart Wii is still active. Normally, people wouldn't be able to access Nintendo Wifi since the server shutdown, but dedicated people have made custom servers for people to play on. I still go on it from time to time when there are enough people. This website tells how many people are online:
http://www.chadsoft.co.uk/online-status/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well then you'll be even more surprised to know that Mario Kart Wii is still active. Normally, people wouldn't be able to access Nintendo Wifi since the server shutdown, but dedicated people have made custom servers for people to play on. I still go on it from time to time when there are enough people. This website tells how many people are online:
http://www.chadsoft.co.uk/online-status/
Wow, I am surprised. But sadly, I don't play Mario Kart Wii anymore. Hell, I haven't even touched it in like 3 years.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow, I am surprised. But sadly, I don't play Mario Kart Wii anymore. Hell, I haven't even touched it in like 3 years.
Me too, my MKWii somehow just can't read... it's a burned copy, so...not surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom