• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Don't feel like i was trying to start a discussion ; since i wasn't. :)
And fortunaly :laugh:.

The funny things is, the Male Villager and Female Villager have different stats. What if Fire Rosalina had a bit less weight and more acceleration than normal Rosalina?
It's true, I wonder what her different stats would be. More speed in air and anti-gravity, less speed in water and lighter ?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
In general, how does Rosalina do against Falcon?
I see it as like a double edge sword in my eyes. Rosalina can gimp Falcon efficiently and pressure him with Luma, but Falcon can heavily pressure Rosalina and kill her really early. The main issue is that Luma can stop Falcon from pressuring Rosalina, and Falcon's main option to knock Luma off stage is his dash attack, which is generally unsafe against Rosalina. I find the match up to generally be in Rosalina's favor (especially with Falcon's poor recovery), but once Luma is dead, the match temporarily favors Falcon.

This is what I can say on the match up. Still, I think it's in Rosalina's favor for the time being.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see it as like a double edge sword in my eyes. Rosalina can gimp Falcon efficiently and pressure him with Luma, but Falcon can heavily pressure Rosalina and kill her really early. The main issue is that Luma can stop Falcon from pressuring Rosalina, and Falcon's main option to knock Luma off stage is his dash attack, which is generally unsafe against Rosalina. I find the match up to generally be in Rosalina's favor (especially with Falcon's poor recovery), but once Luma is dead, the match temporarily favors Falcon.

This is what I can say on the match up. Still, I think it's in Rosalina's favor for the time being.
I think this MU, Rosalina probably needs to utilize Luma well, it's totally unfavorable fighting with Captain Falcon in close combat. And air game can be risky for Rosalina if she have high damage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
IT WAS SO CLOSE THOUGH OMGGGGG DABUZ COULDVE WON THE FIRST GAME BUT HE WENT FOR AN UNSAFE OPTION, STILL REALLY CLOSE
I really kind of agreed that Pikachu is top tier after I had suffered many damn matches with Pikachu and watched this match.
And I furious why there were many people hyped when Dabuz was defeated, that wasn't nice...
Hope Dabuz can make a comeback in the loser bracket.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I really kind of agreed that Pikachu is top tier after I had suffered many damn matches with Pikachu and watched this match.
And I furious why there were many people hyped when Dabuz was defeated, that wasn't nice...
Hope Dabuz can make a comeback in the loser bracket.
I think Dabuz can beat ESAM, his Rosalina and Luma was really great today. I really dislike the amount of hate he gets, hes a very intelligent player and is really nice.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
hes a very intelligent player and is really nice.
I can testify to this. After losing to Vinnie at ECT I went over to congratulate him on his performance and he was very grateful for it. Except for me, the entirety of the room was cheering for Vinnie over him so I'm sure he appreciated some support.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I can testify to this. After losing to Vinnie at ECT I went over to congratulate him on his performance and he was very grateful for it. Except for me, the entirety of the room was cheering for Vinnie over him so I'm sure he appreciated some support.
Well thank you for being supportive, as a friend of his, it's nice to see others not on the "I hate dabuz" bandwagon

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I think it's because Rosalina's defensive nature and Dabuz his campy playstyle. Nonetheless he's the only standing in top 8! CEO had 3 Rosalina in top 32 right? Dabuz, Falln & Xaltis?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In general, how does Rosalina do against Falcon?
Really well. He's literally the perfect weight for Rosalina to combo for days.

----------

Dabuz is OK. Though I can see why people don't like him. I've seen him lash out at people for no reason on these very forums, and get hung up on petty things.

As far as his play style goes, I don't mind him playing Rosalina exclusively as a defensive character, but it's not even the ideal way to play the character. And I don't like how he sometimes tries to enforce that. It's also made the majority of Rosalina players try to copy him since he's the only Rosalina player people talk about, which has made non-Rosalina players think it's the only way to play the character.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I think it's because Rosalina's defensive nature and Dabuz his campy playstyle. Nonetheless he's the only standing in top 8! CEO had 3 Rosalina in top 32 right? Dabuz, Falln & Xaltis?
That's correct.
Speaking of which I have to say I loved watching Falln's Rosa play.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think Dabuz can beat ESAM, his Rosalina and Luma was really great today. I really dislike the amount of hate he gets, hes a very intelligent player and is really nice.
I don't know if he really did get hate... I think it's just ESAM's crew are just a bit... hype I guess?
And I did saw Nairo talking to Dabuz, what were they talking about? Was he giving him tips?
Wow, so you did been to tournaments? I don't think it's appropriate to hate a Smasher, as long as he doesn't do anything rude.
And not to mention I have never met them in reality, so I won't biased to any of them. Hopefully I can attend those tournaments one day to meet them.
Really well. He's literally the perfect weight for Rosalina to combo for days.

----------

Dabuz is OK. Though I can see why people don't like him. I've seen him lash out at people for no reason on these very forums, and get hung up on petty things.

As far as his play style goes, I don't mind him playing Rosalina exclusively as a defensive character, but it's not even the ideal way to play the character. And I don't like how he sometimes tries to enforce that. It's also made the majority of Rosalina players try to copy him since he's the only Rosalina player people talk about, which has made non-Rosalina players think it's the only way to play the character.
I don't think M2K is one of those who wants to copy Dabuz, he and Dabuz's playstyle are totally different.
That's correct.
Speaking of which I have to say I loved watching Falln's Rosa play.
neos is also a rosalina [from georgia?] who made top 32
Had you talk to them before?
Speaking of Falln's play...
Kind odd that you, Dabuz, and Xaltis all made it to this highlight video.And it's mostly you guys gets KOed...,To Rosalina mains, I think this is rather a "Rosalina buttkicked video"...:mad:

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
@ falln falln , you use neutral b, let him fall a bit and start multijabs right? I tend to use that from time to time and I really likes how it gets in peoples head. Also that video was more or less the times that Mr.R got kicked out of the tournament no? He's from my country and I think this early loss from MVD hit him really hard.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A year after the Mario Kart 8 came out and i still don't come up with a good reason on why Rosalina's horn is Peach's.

i guess that was a little joke the developers wanted to do.

Or even back then , ever since Mario Kart Wii , the Rosalina AI is always one of the dumbest in the game , always hanging in last or low positions.

i'll never know the reason.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A year after the Mario Kart 8 came out and i still don't come up with a good reason on why Rosalina's horn is Peach's.

i guess that was a little joke the developers wanted to do.

Or even back then , ever since Mario Kart Wii , the Rosalina AI is always one of the dumbest in the game , always hanging in last or low positions.

i'll never know the reason.
I didn't know that since I haven't play MK8.

Um... don't AIs depends on which character you are using like in MK7? Like when you race there will be some sort of rival characters?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm gonna try to attempt the t-pose glitch:
I wanna see if Luma will be there in a t-pose stance since this picture doesn't show:

I'm guessing Luma will be placed inside Rosalina's torso since that was the case in Mario Kart Wii.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I wanna see if Luma will be there in a t-pose stance since this picture doesn't show:

I'm guessing Luma will be placed inside Rosalina's torso since that was the case in Mario Kart Wii.
That cannot be Rosalina's real model for Smash , it's too fugly.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I won't recommend you to try to do this glitch because it said it needs a fair number of luck, and it may cause your game to crash.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That cannot be Rosalina's real model for Smash , it's too fugly.
All Smash Bros. characters look ugly in BrawlBox. It's just a matter of proper shading and lighting. Also, I was given some tools to view Wii U models and they all look pretty ugly. The ones from Mario Kart 8 aren't that bad though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where did that pic come from?
BrawlBox. It is a computer software tool that can read the files inside Super Smash Bros. Brawl's ISO, but it is also compatible with the decompressed contents for Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and Mario Party 9.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
All Smash Bros. characters look ugly in BrawlBox. It's just a matter of proper shading and lighting. Also, I was given some tools to view Wii U models and they all look pretty ugly. The ones from Mario Kart 8 aren't that bad though.
Not really , Look at Mario and Peach ; They look waaaay better than Rosalina in that pic .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom