• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, I'm gone for like a day and a half, and there's a bunch of pages. So what happened while I was gone? (I'm too lazy to read the previous pages).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, I'm gone for like a day and a half, and there's a bunch of pages. So what happened while I was gone? (I'm too lazy to read the previous pages).
Just some users suddenly flown in to this thread...
And other stuff that I don't know what's going on too.
So, have you play Splatoon lately?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
sigh~ splatoon.

Is that game worth it if I can't play online?
You can play story mode... it's still fun, I think.
The Zelda ******* have gotten more and more bitter all of a sudden.
Let's just hope they won't spread their "weirdness" here again, because it doesn't appeal to everyone, some may found it funny, but some may found it irritating. It's not like I don't want them to come to this thread, I hope next time they come here, try to be a normal person and make posts that everybody can understand.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Remember when I said Mew2King was playing as Rosalina? Well here's where I saw him play:
Mew2King really needs to recovery better with the Launch Star. There were times where he could have self-destructed.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Remember when I said Mew2King was playing as Rosalina? Well here's where I saw him play:
Mew2King really needs to recovery better with the Launch Star. There were times where he could have self-destructed.
He doesn't utilize Luma well compare to Dabuz.
Whats your opinion on this video? I find Rosalina's to be among the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZtCwGvUPk

(the option to embed didn't load)
Some feels weird when "leaving" the stage.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Whats your opinion on this video? I find Rosalina's to be among the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZtCwGvUPk

(the option to embed didn't load)
I actually think Rosalina's is one of the worst.

Like, Mother of the Cosmos, did you just get dragged away?

IMO, LM's, Doc's, and TL's are the best.

LM: See ya ****ers!
Doc: Oh. The announcer's drunk *Facepalm*. I'm outta here.
TL just kills himself XD.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I just think some character entrance just doesn't make any sense if rewind...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Those were my favorites too. The most bland one was Peach's. It pretty much looked the same as the regular intro, so not much there.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Those were my favorites too. The most bland one was Peach's. It pretty much looked the same as the regular intro, so not much there.
I think Mario and Luigi is pretty much makes sense, even if it's reversed.

TriTails

Smash Lord
*Everyone leaves the stage*
Luigi: *Jumps to the warp pipe, and then looks to the side with face of horror* Oh crap. The tsunami's close!
*Luigi leaves*
Mario: *Puts on bland face because he was cursed by this Smash magic to never smile* Well, that's for it folks! See ya later!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
By the way, ZeRo posted a video on his impressions on the recent patch:
He said that Luma getting more HP was bad and he think it should be lowered. I gotta disagree with him there. I think that the Luma respawn time increase from the old patch was sufficient enough. Plus, it's usually easy to knock Luma off the stage. However, I can agree with him on Rosalina's rapid jab knockback nerf. Her rapid jab KO'ing is kinda odd to me and it should be Luma that does the KO'ing mainly.

As for the Diddy nerfs, I agree with him on there too. I don't play as Diddy yet I do play against them and I felt that the nerf before 1.08 was just fine and manageable. Now that they nerfed him even more, that was really uncalled for in my eyes. Now he gets dominated by top tier, upper tier, and maybe even some mid tier characters.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
He said that Luma getting more HP was bad and he think it should be lowered. I gotta disagree with him there. I think that the Luma respawn time increase from the old patch was sufficient enough. Plus, it's usually easy to knock Luma off the stage. However, I can agree with him on Rosalina's rapid jab knockback nerf. Her rapid jab KO'ing is kinda odd to me and it should be Luma that does the KO'ing mainly.

As for the Diddy nerfs, I agree with him on there too. I don't play as Diddy yet I do play against them and I felt that the nerf before 1.08 was just fine and manageable. Now that they nerfed him even more, that was really uncalled for in my eyes. Now he gets dominated by top tier, upper tier, and maybe even some mid tier characters.
Diddy Kong is still a great character despite everything that people have been saying, If you watch the tournaments after the patches he still looks like top 15, if not top 10.

As for M2K playing Rosalina & Luma, he was not doing anything impressive at all with the character, I feel like he's just salty his Diddy got nerfed, and now he wants to try and get Rosalina nerfed somehow. Don't get me wrong, M2K is a great player but that was not good Rosalina & Luma play, to me it looked like day 1 for glory Rosa :x

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

It's kind of understandable for ZeRo to complain about Rosalina and Diddy, however, even with this change, I don't think ZeRo should brag about this.It's all about skill. Nairo mains the mid tier characters like Robin,Dark Pit, and ZSS, but he still wins a lot of tournaments.
Diddy Kong is still a great character despite everything that people have been saying, If you watch the tournaments after the patches he still looks like top 15, if not top 10.

As for M2K playing Rosalina & Luma, he was not doing anything impressive at all with the character, I feel like he's just salty his Diddy got nerfed, and now he wants to try and get Rosalina nerfed somehow. Don't get me wrong, M2K is a great player but that was not good Rosalina & Luma play, to me it looked like day 1 for glory Rosa :x
I was going to talk about M2K before you replied, he really plays Rosalina with his own style. However, I've heard from him that he likes Rosalina in one of his tream. So I guess he wasn't intentionally main Rosalina because Diddy is nerfed, probably half-half.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
One thing to keep in mind though is that they were playing on the game with the 1.07 patch and not the 1.08 patch during this tournament (I forgot to mention this). So when M2K was playing Diddy, it was before the heavy nerfs. Also, I don't think he was playing Rosalina & Luma to get them nerfed, but I just think he was trying them out since he knows that he had Diddy as a backup, in case anything goes wrong. In the video...
... going Diddy secured them the victory after the other team got 1 win.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
One thing to keep in mind though is that they were playing on the game with the 1.07 patch and not the 1.08 patch during this tournament (I forgot to mention this). So when M2K was playing Diddy, it was before the heavy nerfs. Also, I don't think he was playing Rosalina & Luma to get them nerfed, but I just think he was trying them out since he knows that he had Diddy as a backup, in case anything goes wrong. In the video...
... going Diddy secured them the victory after the other team got 1 win.
Yeah, I was quite disappointed too.
I remember in that tournament's single match, M2K was struggling to fight with a Megman main called ScAtt, he first used Rosalina and then use Diddy Kong, but he still lost. I did watch this tournament live for the whole time

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So on a Spyro the Dragon/Skylanders forum I am on, there was a topic about what other Nintendo characters might be cool in Skylanders Superchargers, since Bowser and DK are playable in the game.

I don't play Skylanders (I joined the forum when it was still just a Spyro site), but I still think it would be cool to see Rosalina in it, of course, to see what they might do with her. I actually ended up coming up with some concepts for how she might work:

Rosalina, I guess. It'd be interesting to see what kind of design they'd give her. If she got into Superchargers specifically, I would imagine they'd actually base her design on her Mario Kart jumpsuit. Her vehicle would then either be an ATV with Monster Wheels (her preferred Kart type in MK8), or a Comet Observatory inspired vehicle.

Moveset wise, I imagine at least one move would utilise Lumas, similar to Bowser and the Koopa Troopas, or if not that, Lumas would appear beside her in her signature vehicle, similar to Diddy Kong appearing when Donkey Kong uses his signature vehicle. She'd probably have the Spin Attack from 3D World, and she would likely have various moves involving teleportation. Her Smash Bros moveset is largely based on dolphin tricks, so there's material there. And she has absolute control over gravity, which could be really interesting to play with too. Star Bits and Comets could be projectiles too, and she'd probably have some kind of protective shield move. Maybe one that reflects projectiles, like the little bubble of light she uses in the Galaxy games and 3D World.

As for her element, she would be either Water or Light. In Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, there is an element system in that game, and "Rosalina" is a Water Type, and "Super Rosalina" is a Water/Light type. Magic or even Dark could also fit her. She could also have a Cosmic Spirit transformation similar to Magma Bowser.

I also think, since canonically, she's basically an amazon at a height of 7'7", it'd be cool to have a humanoid female character that stands on the level of Bowser in terms of height.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not Rosalina related, but Taiwan recently release a new but not really new version of Nintendo 3DS, as we all know every regions of 3DS can only play that region's official software right? Well, Taiwanese 3DS has on of the fewest software compare to other regions(Even though we do have recent games like Dr.Mario:Miracle Cure on eshop...). So many of us just bought Japanese 3DS, or US 3DS like me.

However, Nintendo of Hong Kong release a 3DS that is special for Taiwan, it is a standard white 3DS which can play Japanese 3DS and DS software. HOWEVER, it has these following restrictions:
  • No wifi connections such as Internet browser, Miiverse.
  • No eshop, no FC list.
  • No wifi connection ability for every software.
  • No updates for softwares.
  • Systems update, local play, and download play available.
So you can briefly say this is just a DSi that can play 3DS Japanese games... it cost around 90 US$.
And this means you can finally play Smash 3DS, BUT this means you can only play by yourself, or play with other users who haven't got the latest update. And more odd, no DLCs...
I bet people will still buy Japanese 3DS rather than this one, even though this one has warranty.
I haven't got it, I got these pics from web.

Kind of ironic that this 3DS image seems to be the recent update version, which means there is Miiverse and theme shop, not sure if you can use theme shop. Miiverse, definitely not. The Taiwanese 3DS don't have Miiverse or themes yet.
11031131_864549926970554_6776154259427649000_o.jpg
10985330_864549963637217_8512212771055345539_o.jpg
11426492_864550010303879_5837213869961390627_o.jpg

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not Rosalina related, but Taiwan recently release a new but not really new version of Nintendo 3DS, as we all know every regions of 3DS can only play that region's official software right? Well, Taiwanese 3DS has on of the fewest software compare to other regions(Even though we do have recent games like Dr.Mario:Miracle Cure on eshop...). So many of us just bought Japanese 3DS, or US 3DS like me.

However, Nintendo of Hong Kong release a 3DS that is special for Taiwan, it is a standard white 3DS which can play Japanese 3DS and DS software. HOWEVER, it has these following restrictions:
  • No eshop, no FC list.
So you can briefly say this is just a DSi that can play 3DS Japanese games... it cost around 90 US$.
And this means you can finally play Smash 3DS, BUT this means you can only play by yourself, or play with other users who haven't got the latest update. And more odd, no DLCs...
I bet people will still buy Japanese 3DS rather than this one, even though this one has warranty.
I haven't got it, I got these pics from web.

Kind of ironic that this 3DS image seems to be the recent update version, which means there is Miiverse and theme shop, not sure if you can use theme shop. Miiverse, definitely not. The Taiwanese 3DS don't have Miiverse or themes yet.
View attachment 58546 View attachment 58547 View attachment 58548
Yeah, what would be the point? Is there a reason that they have these restrictions?

Its seems like they should just count some of those region countries as the same as the Japanese region, aftera all, europe and Australia all count as one region.

Better yet, just get rid of region locking, its dumb, its bad and really redundant here in Australia since you can still buy and play european games. And I want Kirby Dream Collection :( Stupid region locking.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, what would be the point? Is there a reason that they have these restrictions?

Its seems like they should just count some of those region countries as the same as the Japanese region, aftera all, europe and Australia all count as one region.

Better yet, just get rid of region locking, its dumb, its bad and really redundant here in Australia since you can still buy and play european games. And I want Kirby Dream Collection :( Stupid region locking.
I don't really get the point either...
Yeah... Xbox and Playstation don't have region lock so they have tons of games on the shelf here. Nintendo stuff? A the dark corner...

And again sorry this isn't Rosalina related but I just want to share this to @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , have you ever wish wanted to play as Octoling? Well, looks like it's possible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Splatoon is an alright game to say the least. I haven't played the online multiplayer at the moment but I am enjoying the Story Mode. Haven't spent much time playing the game mainly because of my busy lifestyle.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Splatoon is an alright game to say the least. I haven't played the online multiplayer at the moment but I am enjoying the Story Mode. Haven't spent much time playing the game mainly because of my busy lifestyle.
Understandable, if you have time, go and try the ranking battle. I had watched many live streams of it and it's just fun to watch! Even more fun if played!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, If you guys could check this out and post any suggestions or how you feel about this character joining Smash I would greatly appreciate it! I know it's not Rosalina and Luma related but I just want to share this with you all :3
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-graceful-relic-melody-meloetta-support-thread.407861/
Another Pokemon in Smash? And heck, she's already a Pokeball Pokemon! I would love to see it in the next Smash, but it's impossible for it to be a DLC this time.
That's amazing!! It's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing this with me!! :)
Your welcome! I know you like Octoling so I just share this to you.
Kind of odd that they didn't programmed their eyes to blinks, so you will see their eyes with shades. But you can see their eyes on the character making screen. Looks pretty neat.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Another Pokemon in Smash? And heck, she's already a Pokeball Pokemon! I would love to see it in the next Smash, but it's impossible for it to be a DLC this time.

Your welcome! I know you like Octoling so I just share this to you.
Kind of odd that they didn't programmed their eyes to blinks, so you will see their eyes with shades. But you can see their eyes on the character making screen. Looks pretty neat.
You never know if Meloetta could be added to the game, as Sakurai is going to make a couple more DLC characters according to a very recent interview. It's ok if Meloetta comes out of a pokeball, they can just remove it, or add it's other form which is also very cool!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You never know if Meloetta could be added to the game, as Sakurai is going to make a couple more DLC characters according to a very recent interview. It's ok if Meloetta comes out of a pokeball, they can just remove it, or add it's other form which is also very cool!
I don't think they will ever "remove" something that's already in a game to add a character...
And another thing is that too many Pokemons! Let's just hope it can be in the next Smash game, if there are.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I don't think they will ever "remove" something that's already in a game to add a character...
And another thing is that too many Pokemons! Let's just hope it can be in the next Smash game, if there are.
I think that if enough people vote for it, they can easily remove the pokeball meloetta and add it to the game, but it has to get votes first : P

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Understandable, if you have time, go and try the ranking battle. I had watched many live streams of it and it's just fun to watch! Even more fun if played!
Splatoon really is a fun game, though I wouldn't compare it to the Call of Duty games.

And the same can be said for characters already in the game as Assist Trophy characters and stage bosses.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Splatoon really is a fun game, though I wouldn't compare it to the Call of Duty games.

And the same can be said for characters already in the game as Assist Trophy characters and stage bosses.
I so want to buy Wii U this year, I really want to buy the US region but it's really expensive online.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that if enough people vote for it, they can easily remove the pokeball meloetta and add it to the game, but it has to get votes first : P
I really doubt that any of the Assist Trophies or Poke Ball Pokemon are ever going to be removed, so any hopes of seeing a playable Meloetta are pretty much impossible at this point.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I really doubt that any of the Assist Trophies or Poke Ball Pokemon are ever going to be removed, so any hopes of seeing a playable Meloetta are pretty much impossible at this point.
Solution: Remove the ability to summon Meloetta whenever she is in play. Problem solved.

The same can be said for Waluigi and Shadow.

Not Rosalina related, but Taiwan recently release a new but not really new version of Nintendo 3DS, as we all know every regions of 3DS can only play that region's official software right? Well, Taiwanese 3DS has on of the fewest software compare to other regions(Even though we do have recent games like Dr.Mario Miracle Cure on eshop...). So many of us just bought Japanese 3DS, or US 3DS like me.

• No eshop, no FC list.
I lost it at no wifi connections. That's literally the only thing that makes games still fun after you have dealt with the single-player.

Seems like a waste of money to me.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Totally agreed with you, it's impossible to remove a thing in the game and add a new character, DLCs should be optional.
Solution: Remove the ability to summon Meloetta whenever she is in play. Problem solved.

The same can be said for Waluigi and Shadow.

I lost it at no wifi connections. That's literally the only thing that makes games still fun after you have dealt with the single-player.

Seems like a waste of money to me.
But it's a real summon Pokemon, not a stage cameo. I would rather want Blazekin in Smash then.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Not really a problem. How many times are you going to summon Meloetta in one match? Anybody won't really notice a Pokemon or an Assist Thropy go missing. Hey wait! They're not missing! They're playable characters!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not really a problem. How many times are you going to summon Meloetta in one match? Anybody won't really notice a Pokemon or an Assist Thropy go missing. Hey wait! They're not missing! They're playable characters!
The Master Ball would like to talk to you. It doesn't matter how often a Pokemon or Assist Trophy pops up. If it's an item summon, then it can't be made playable at all. This also applies to the stage elements and hazards.

Characters who only appear as trophy cameos though, do have a chance, which has been proven with Mewtwo and Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom