• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
yeah nvm rosalina is like the worst character in the game everyone kills Luma so easily like POKE UR dED

luma is like a toaster y'know??

like u think it's rly good but then it steals your bae so when u pour water on it as revenge it just DIEs and you're like WHAT
Oh my god I'm laughing so hard

It was SO worth wading through the previous ~4 pages of belligerence just to read this. Ty. (Edit: I mean the 4 pages before the previous page, this post ended up on a new page so).

In MK8 I always use the Prancer vehicle build, Azure rollers for tires and the multicolored..parachute..thing (I don't know what it's called but it looks like a normal parachute). I think I do pretty well with it; I get to do some nicccce drifts with it.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Usually just about any vehicle body, except for the aesthetic ones. As for the tires though, I tend to avoid the Slick, Cyber Slick, Wood, Sponge, Cushion, Monster, and Hot Monster.
Because those tires don't have a good handling right? Never use those tires in 200cc.

Oh my god I'm laughing so hard

It was SO worth wading through the previous ~4 pages of belligerence just to read this. Ty. (Edit: I mean the 4 pages before the previous page, this post ended up on a new page so).

In MK8 I always use the Prancer vehicle build, Azure rollers for tires and the multicolored..parachute..thing (I don't know what it's called but it looks like a normal parachute). I think I do pretty well with it; I get to do some nicccce drifts with it.
that's why i love reserfvelevneid

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic of Mario Kart 8, have any of y'all actually gotten 3 stars on all cups on 200cc?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is it hard to to get three stars on 200cc?
I got 3 stars on 200cc only on the Mushroom Cup but couldn't get the job done on the Shell Cup. I don't know but it does sound pretty hard to me. I haven't played Mario Kart 8 a week after the second DLC pack came out.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got 3 stars on 200cc only on the Mushroom Cup but couldn't get the job done on the Shell Cup. I don't know but it does sound pretty hard to me. I haven't played Mario Kart 8 a week after the second DLC pack came out.
When I got a Wii U and the game, I'll first try it in slow pace. From 50cc slowly to 200cc.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The majority of other character boards are extremely pessimistic.

Even "top tier" ones.
The Charizard ones, despite seemingly being the worst non-Mii character, are usually in always high spirits. As a Zard main, I don't think he's that bad. He's quite good in the right hands and has been given a lot of buffs lately. The other boards just lack a bit of ...optimism.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The Charizard ones, despite seemingly being the worst non-Mii character, are usually in always high spirits. As a Zard main, I don't think he's that bad. He's quite good in the right hands and has been given a lot of buffs lately. The other boards just lack a bit of ...optimism.

What makes Mii Swordfighter so terrible in everyone else's eyes?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I might give it another shot sometime. It just that I'm so used to 150cc that I rarely used the brakes.
Me too, after I had played Mario Kart 7 for so long. That I might not want to use bikes if I got Mario Kart 8.
I might try 200cc too.

That's very good, I'm proud of the Charizard boards can have that kind of spirit.

Rosalina and Mario boards are optimistic too... I think.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Me too, after I had played Mario Kart 7 for so long. That I might not want to use bikes if I got Mario Kart 8.
I might try 200cc too.
I don't use bikes in the game unless I play as Link, who's one of my two mains, since he looks pretty awkward when ridin' dirty on a kart. When I play as him on a bike, I just picture him ridin' like the wind on Epona.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't use bikes in the game unless I play as Link, who's one of my two mains, since he looks pretty awkward when ridin' dirty on a kart. When I play as him on a bike, I just picture him ridin' like the wind on Epona.
To tell the truth, I have never use the drift when playing Mario Kart Wii when using bikes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know if I posted this image, but it's probably one that seems amusing to see.

Because those tires don't have a good handling right? Never use those tires in 200cc.
Actually, it more has to do with water speed being heavily hindered. The Slick and Cyber Slick do not affect any of the handling stats, but they do have among the worst water speed stats (tied alongside the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion), which can be a burden if you're ever racing at Dolphin Shoals.

But I guess that's something that shouldn't be too concerned about, since there aren't very many underwater tracks to begin with, and the heavy characters will often outspeed the light characters, regardless of the terrain.

On the topic of Mario Kart 8, have any of y'all actually gotten 3 stars on all cups on 200cc?
I have accomplished that task myself.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't know if I posted this image, but it's probably one that seems amusing to see.

Actually, it more has to do with water speed being heavily hindered. The Slick and Cyber Slick do not affect any of the handling stats, but they do have among the worst water speed stats (tied alongside the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion), which can be a burden if you're ever racing at Dolphin Shoals.

But I guess that's something that shouldn't be too concerned about, since there aren't very many underwater tracks to begin with, and the heavy characters will often outspeed the light characters, regardless of the terrain.

I have accomplished that task myself.
Oh right, I do found myself lose steering when underwater.

So how long did it take to complete?

TriTails

Smash Lord
I'm just curious, but is there any kind of 'rivalry' in Mario Kart 8 like in MK7? Example, Daisy would appear every. Single. Effing, time whenever you play as Luigi in Grand Prix. She also has improved AI over the rest of the characters and usually would end up pretty high. I believe there are 2 main rivals and one if one of the main rivals are yet to be unlocked (And it just feel great to have Rosalina's AI place higher than Daisy's. It happened before :awesome:).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just curious, but is there any kind of 'rivalry' in Mario Kart 8 like in MK7? Example, Daisy would appear every. Single. Effing, time whenever you play as Luigi in Grand Prix. She also has improved AI over the rest of the characters and usually would end up pretty high. I believe there are 2 main rivals and one if one of the main rivals are yet to be unlocked (And it just feel great to have Rosalina's AI place higher than Daisy's. It happened before :awesome:).
I don't think so, as far as I can tell. Characters do have signature builds though. For example, the set up you see in Rosalina's official render for MK8 (Standard Quad and Monster wheels) is VERY often used by CPU Rosalinas in the game.

She also seems to like the Circuit Special and the Landship, I consistently notice CPU Rosalinas use those too.

Also some of the Rival match-ups in MK7 are funny. I love how Rosalina is one of Bowser's rivals. And why would Toad and Rosalina be rivals? Seems like a random choice. :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually:

A) Individual characters DON'T have signature builts. It's divided in weight classes.

Heavy characters CPU often use ATVs , or ANY Standard vehicle with Monster Tires.

Like here:

However , this is not exclusive to Rosalina or individual characters as i said.

B) Medium characters prefer standard karts with normal tires or Outward drift bikes.

C) Lighter characters and Medium characters also have the preference for the PIPE FRAME , as seen above.

Finally , according to some research done by an user , MK8 does have a rival system HOWEVER , it only applies to the characters available in the first demo:

The unlockeables such as Rosalina and the Koopalings don't have rivals.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Actually:

A) Individual characters DON'T have signature builts. It's divided in weight classes.

Heavy characters CPU often use ATVs , or ANY Standard vehicle with Monster Tires.

Like here:

B) Medium characters prefer standard karts with normal tires or Outward drift bikes.

C) Lighter characters and Medium characters also have the preference for the PIPE FRAME , as seen above.

Finally , according to some research done by an user , MK8 does have a rival system HOWEVER , it only applies to the characters available in the first demo:

The unlockables such as Rosalina and the Koopalings don't have rivals.

But individual characters DO have signature builds. For example: COM Rosalina will often use the Circuit Special. And COM Cat Peach can be seen with the Cat Cruiser. Same with COM Tanooki Mario and the Tanooki Kart. And COM Link with the inner drifting Master Cycle!

The fixed rival system is only applied in GP for the initial characters in E3 2013. For example, if you play as Daisy, you will have Waluigi in your sights on front running. If you play as Rosalina or play as Daisy in VS. then the rivals are random.

It's better than Sonic Transformed's "COM finish in random order shenanigans" because you are on your toes for the whole GP.

And I just LOOOVVEEE how a COM can choose Girl Villager but never a Light Blue Yoshi.

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
I did it, but not for the DLC tracks yet since I don't have them. I can't remember what build I used - I think it involved the Tri-speeder vehicle body (I REFUSE to use bikes because they feel so weird). I did it a lot later than when I got all the stars for 50cc to mirror mode, after I had gotten pretty practiced in the game overall thanks to online (I think I was at 8000 VR). The brakes ("Braking is crucial!" - 200cc's description) weren't too hard to implement.

The real question is has anybody gotten the gold parachute for 10,000 coins :yeahboi: I'm at like 8,700 coins right now but I'm on vacation for a while so I can't be sure.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
But individual characters DO have signature builds. For example: COM Rosalina will often use the Circuit Special. And COM Cat Peach can be seen with the Cat Cruiser. Same with COM Tanooki Mario and the Tanooki Kart. And COM Link with the inner drifting Master Cycle!

The fixed rival system is only applied in GP for the initial characters in E3 2013. For example, if you play as Daisy, you will have Waluigi in your sights on front running. If you play as Rosalina or play as Daisy in VS. then the rivals are random.

It's better than Sonic Transformed's "COM finish in random order shenanigans" because you are on your toes for the whole GP.

And I just LOOOVVEEE how a COM can choose Girl Villager but never a Light Blue Yoshi.
DLC characters are excluded in the general pack.

Often, they use either DLC vehicles or standard ones. And not Everyone has a preference for them

PGP also likes the Circuit Special ,and so does Peach and Daisy like in the picture above with the PGP Cpu , it's not individual.

Cat Peach often uses the Standard bike since she is Medium , it's not always the ''cat cruiser'' for her.

Also colored Yoshis and Shy Guys are not touched by the CPU since they are just recolors for the same character , a character that's already defined.

Male and Female Villager are not recolors , they are different.

Also i have never seen PGP using the Bandwagon (the Vehicle she uses in her render) , but Peach does.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Hey, I have a question. Does anyone have a problem fighting Roy (not the Koopa) with Rosalina ?
I mean, I loose everytime I fight him online, I just cannot.
He always kills my Luma and because of his speed, I can't hurt him. And his attacks are really powerful. Pretty much every of his attacks kill me, that's getting... Annoying. Does someone have a technic against him ?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey, I have a question. Does anyone have a problem fighting Roy (not the Koopa) with Rosalina ?
I mean, I loose everytime I fight him online, I just cannot.
He always kills my Luma and because of his speed, I can't hurt him. And his attacks are really powerful. Pretty much every of his attacks kill me, that's getting... Annoying. Does someone have a technic against him ?
The other day I was literally fighting a "Roy Brigade" online. Seriously, 99% of my matches were against Roys.

I only lost to one, and it was due to lag. Launch Star not working properly online is the worst.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The other day I was literally fighting a "Roy Brigade" online. Seriously, 99% of my matches were against Roys.

I only lost to one, and it was due to lag. Launch Star not working properly online is the worst.
That is my problem. Because of the fact the DLC is new, everyone's using him, and I can't win online a lot... Plus, I don't and won't have the DLC of Lucas, Ryu and Roy, so I can't train against him with the CPU level.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That is my problem. Because of the fact the DLC is new, everyone's using him, and I can't win online a lot... Plus, I don't and won't have the DLC of Lucas, Ryu and Roy, so I can't train against him with the CPU level.
I sort of have that problem, as I have yet to get the DLC Collection #2, but I should have it on Friday. And really, the only one have any legit trouble with right now is Ryu (which is ironic, as Rosalina shuts him down). It's a mix of lag online (only way I can fight him right now), and because his hitboxes and all that seem different than at first glance.

Lucas I generally have no trouble with at all since he's even more screwed against Rosalina than Ness is. And Roy is just a more aggressive Marth, but his problem is that he actually has to get in REAL close to be effective and get those early KOs, and getting in close to Rosalina is very difficult for most characters, Roy being no exception.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I sort of have that problem, as I have yet to get the DLC Collection #2, but I should have it on Friday. And really, the only one have any legit trouble with right now is Ryu (which is ironic, as Rosalina shuts him down). It's a mix of lag online (only way I can fight him right now), and because his hitboxes and all that seem different than at first glance.

Lucas I generally have no trouble with at all since he's even more screwed against Rosalina than Ness is. And Roy is just a more aggressive Marth, but his problem is that he actually has to get in REAL close to be effective and get those early KOs, and getting in close to Rosalina is very difficult for most characters, Roy being no exception.
I don't have any problem against Ryu. It's true his hitboxes were a bit problematic, but now I feel good against him.

Lucas is for me a Ness with who I can change Rosalina into Fire Flower form-like and beat him like I beat Ness (so, pretty easily).

And finally, Roy is for me a real trouble. I mean, I can't stand against him. It's maybe because I play most on Rosalina than on Luma, maybe should I inverse that and use more Luma. Sometimes online, when I'm going to loose, I just change my fighting style to count more on Luma and wait the enemy to come at me and being trapped (but I find this pretty cowardly).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have any problem against Ryu. It's true his hitboxes were a bit problematic, but now I feel good against him.

Lucas is for me a Ness with who I can change Rosalina into Fire Flower form-like and beat him like I beat Ness (so, pretty easily).

And finally, Roy is for me a real trouble. I mean, I can't stand against him. It's maybe because I play most on Rosalina than on Luma, maybe should I inverse that and use more Luma. Sometimes online, when I'm going to loose, I just change my fighting style to count more on Luma and wait the enemy to come at me and being trapped (but I find this pretty cowardly).
I mean, do you have any problems fighting Marth and Lucina? I more or less approach the Roy MU similarly to how I approach them two, and it works out fairly well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think so, as far as I can tell. Characters do have signature builds though. For example, the set up you see in Rosalina's official render for MK8 (Standard Quad and Monster wheels) is VERY often used by CPU Rosalinas in the game.

She also seems to like the Circuit Special and the Landship, I consistently notice CPU Rosalinas use those too.

Also some of the Rival match-ups in MK7 are funny. I love how Rosalina is one of Bowser's rivals. And why would Toad and Rosalina be rivals? Seems like a random choice. :p
Last I've checked, a CPU Rosalina never "ever" uses the Landship. She does use the following combos though...

Standard Kart + Monster
Pipe Frame + Standard
Circuit Special + Standard
Standard Bike + Monster
Standard ATV + Monster

Actually:

Like here:

The unlockeables such as Rosalina and the Koopalings don't have rivals.
Oddly, Link, Metal Mario, and Pink Gold Peach will never use the Monster tires, unless they're using the Standard ATV. Similarly, whenever Lakitu uses the Biddybuggy, it's always equipped with the Monster tires.

Some other oddities include Koopa Troopa and Donkey Kong equipping their Pipe Frame with the Monster tires, and Waluigi will sometimes use the Slim tires for his Standard Bike.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I mean, do you have any problems fighting Marth and Lucina? I more or less approach the Roy MU similarly to how I approach them two, and it works out fairly well.
Not a lot in fact. I said it, I'm pretty good against them.
I see Roy like a mix between Marth and Ike. Marth's speed and Ike's power, and I have big problems against Ike. I often avoid his attacks, but the ones he can do to me are too much. With Rosalina's lightness, I'm getting KOed quickly, and it happens the same thing with Roy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I see Roy like a mix between Marth and Ike. Marth's speed and Ike's power, and I have big problems against Ike. I often avoid his attacks, but the ones he can do to me are too much. With Rosalina's lightness, I'm getting KOed quickly, and it happens the same thing with Roy.
You just need to avoid them then. Rosalina has a noticeable advantage against all of the the swordwielders except for Shulk.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Well in Mario Kart 8 when I do Grand Prix's and I play as Donkey Kong, the two racers that always follow up close are Wario and Bowser, at this point I think there is some kind of rival characters for everyone but it might just be my luck and the game's random always give me those two guys. However in normal VS Races it's random.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And don't forget Roy's flame effect which are similar to Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom