• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you would be so kind as to let me know of any way to search alerts by user, I could easily bring up the alerts and posts in question that are relevant to my claim. Because they are there. I never posted in the Zelda Social before I got that alert from you for tagging me, and another user for quoting me. And even then, I believe I made one brief post (either that or I left it, I can't remember).

If not I have no problem leaving things as is, and just starting fresh, if you would agree to that and stop bringing up the past as if you're bitter.
That's right, so just start over and respect each other... please...
I mean, you've 'beat' people who have won tournies in the past, but is that the same as beating them in a tourney???

Don't even bother responding, I really don't care about another one of your responses.

I bet you will anyways.

I'd bet money on that.

Because you literally can't hold yourself back from responding to any little post that isn't up to your belief.

*This was a GIF I considered posting, but I didn't care enough to bother getting it for you.
Your post is a bit irritating.... nitpicking someones post isn't appropriate.
And you even try to stop him from responding? Not good...
I really don't get this "blinded by her love of the character" thing. If that were to be true, then I wouldn't be playing as the other characters you see in my signature.
Yeah, then I would have change my main and signature to all Rosalina.
The people in question didn't really present an argument, essentially, all they did is generalize Rosalina mains on these boards but didn't have any evidence to back up their ignorant claims for example "Sure, there may be a few people that believe their main is unbeatable, but the number is disproportionately high in the Rosalina boards. Like, way higher than any place else.".

It's pretty much just talk trash about the Rosa boards then leave, which is bigotry at it's finest :/
Like those guys, I rather just stay silent. Not denying nor agreed.
You are a coward, first of all. I'm not phased by your baseless insults, they are not going to stop me from posting. Talk about damage control.

It's not the same as beating them in a tourney, but the only difference is there is no crowd watching, as we play under tournament standard rules. And a crowd makes no difference to me personally. I have performed on stage in musicals and what not in actual theatres quite a bit, I think I could play a video game just fine.

I also believe having competed in a tourney doesn't equal an amazing player (though the players I play with are amazing, some real great Bowser and Shulk players for example).
So how did you manage to fight those guys that had been in tourneys?
That doesn't necessarily mean that the Rosalina mains here aren't overly obsessed with the character though.
So does, some don't. It everyone's choice.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That doesn't necessarily mean that the Rosalina mains here aren't overly obsessed with the character though.
Please enlighten us normal functioning people with jobs, educational enrollments, etc, and ability to hold a civil conversation of a video game character we like are "obsessed" with said character, as if we can't function without said character.

So how did you manage to fight those guys that had been in tourneys?
Met up with some of them here on Smashboards, and some of them were people I had long sets with in For Glory, and they then sent me a friend request. One in particular lives in Ireland too, and has recommended I play in some upcoming tournaments in the country.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not even talking to you...
I know, but I'm just curious...was it because Tino's previous posts? Well, he can't really bear your girly posts... some people just can't tolerate it. And I understand.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I know, but I'm just curious...was it because Tino's previous posts? Well, he can't really bear your girly posts... some people just can't tolerate it. And I understand.
To the point where I would just throw up right in Peach's face. :denzel:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What?

Who do you think you are to tell me that? And besides , this is a completely different point.

Please don't ever reply to me assuming you know what i'm talking about.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To the point where I would just throw up right in Peach's face. :denzel:
Yeah, I know you will.
What?

Who do you think you are to tell me that? And besides , this is a completely different point.

Really? So I got it wrong? Didn't a user just use your quote? Did you get irritated by it?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What?

I think @ mario123007 mario123007 means well, just some of what he says may come out a little unclear contextually since English is not his first language.

I think what he meant was that he was asking if whether or not that post of yours that was quoted out of context, was to do with some posts Tino had made beforehand.

I don't think he was trying to correct you or tell you what's what, I think he was actually just looking for clarification.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:4sheik::4pikachu::4fox::4luigi::4mario::4zss::4falcon: exist too

Diddy and Sonic are also still very good characters.
I have gotten word from TheReflexWonder that Wario completely destroys "everything" that Rosalina can do, even in a customs battle. Basically, he can avoid Rosalina's projectile attacks with Wario Bike, and is just way too mobile in the air for her to catch up. And of course, there's the Wario Waft as well.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think @ mario123007 mario123007 means well, just some of what he says may come out a little unclear contextually since English is not his first language.

I think what he meant was that he was asking if whether or not that post of yours that was quoted out of context, was to do with some posts Tino had made beforehand.

I don't think he was trying to correct you or tell you what's what, I think he was actually just looking for clarification.

What i dont get is Why did @SBphiloz4 quoted my post when , as far as i know , it's completely unrelated to all of this discussion you are all having with people with different mains and so.

That's all , and for the record there's nothing girly to tell people to learn some respect , specially if we are talking about certain users who fail at acting ''edgy'' and come out as manchildren. Not that i care if my stuff is labeled as ''girly'' since it's not relevant at all , i like cute things and dark things too , so meh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have gotten word from TheReflexWonder that Wario completely destroys "everything" that Rosalina can do, even in a customs battle. Basically, he can avoid Rosalina's projectile attacks with Wario Bike, and is just way too mobile in the air for her to catch up. And of course, there's the Wario Waft as well.
I would disagree with that, though it's not lopsided for either side of the MU anyway.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm just simply curious, and hope Swiftie wasn't offended by it.
And thanks for the help @ ChikoLad ChikoLad !
I just hate Wario's bike, especially when someone uses it everytime online. It gives me the pain...

What i dont get is Why did @SBphiloz4 quoted my post when , as far as i know , it's completely unrelated to all of this discussion you are all having with people with different mains and so.

That's all , and for the record there's nothing girly to tell people to learn some respect , specially if we are talking about certain users who fail at acting ''edgy'' and come out as manchildren. Not that i care if my stuff is labeled as ''girly'' since it's not relevant at all , i like cute things and dark things too , so meh.
I see...
Yeah, I don't really mind your posts, but Tino does. However, I hope one day he can respect every kinds of people. This is probably just his attitude, so bear him.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I see...
Yeah, I don't really mind your posts, but Tino does. However, I hope one day he can respect every kinds of people. This is probably just his attitude, so bear him.
Hey, I do respect everyone here. I'm just a cool guy currently making a living.

Nothing "girly" about that. :cool:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I may be misinterpreting that post but that sounds really lopsided
Well yeah, that user made it sound really lopsided. Doesn't mean they're correct. Rosalina does fine against Wario. She does have to watch out for the Waft, but she can pretty easily outrange him, combo him due to his weight, and he has more trouble getting down from a juggle than Rosalina does, and U-air will beat any attack he may throw out in his descent, and the bike is actually easy to deal with. Rosalina can also pretty easily send out Luma in the MU. It may seem like bad idea at first, but if you're crafty about how you control Luma, you can really mess with his bike game. For example, U-Tilt works as a dodge maneuver for Luma. That doesn't work if Rosalina is on the same level as Wario and his bike though (as Rosalina will get hit), so in that case, jump and U-air. Luma's U-air also serves as a dodge maneuver, and also increases his altitude regardless of whether he is tethered or untethered.

I also find just shielding Wario and his bike, and grabbing him off it, works too, Rosalina is tall enough for it.

Wario has his own crafty options though, and his aerial movements can be difficult to read.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, I do respect everyone here. I'm just a cool guy currently making a living.

Nothing "girly" about that. :cool:
I know, that's what makes me think you are an awesome guy! But respect? I hope you do. :)
Well yeah, that user made it sound really lopsided. Doesn't mean they're correct. Rosalina does fine against Wario. She does have to watch out for the Waft, but she can pretty easily outrange him, and the bike is actually easy to deal with. Rosalina can also pretty easily send out Luma in the MU. It may seem like bad idea at first, but if you're crafty about how you control Luma, you can really mess with his bike game. For example, U-Tilt works as a dodge maneuver for Luma. That doesn't work in Rosalina is on the same level as Wario and his bike though (as Rosalina will get hit), so in that case, jump and U-air. Luma's U-air also serves as a dodge maneuver, and also increases his altitude regardless of whether he is tethered or untethered.

I also find just shielding Wario and his bike, and grabbing him off it, works too, Rosalina is tall enough for it.

Wario has his own crafty options though, and his aerial movements can be difficult to read.
I have met too many Wario bike abusers online...

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Well yeah, that user made it sound really lopsided. Doesn't mean they're correct. Rosalina does fine against Wario. She does have to watch out for the Waft, but she can pretty easily outrange him, combo him due to his weight, and he has more trouble getting down from a juggle than Rosalina does, and U-air will beat any attack he may throw out in his descent, and the bike is actually easy to deal with. Rosalina can also pretty easily send out Luma in the MU. It may seem like bad idea at first, but if you're crafty about how you control Luma, you can really mess with his bike game. For example, U-Tilt works as a dodge maneuver for Luma. That doesn't work if Rosalina is on the same level as Wario and his bike though (as Rosalina will get hit), so in that case, jump and U-air. Luma's U-air also serves as a dodge maneuver, and also increases his altitude regardless of whether he is tethered or untethered.

Careful, your constructive criticism about how to play a match up makes you sound like you're blind with love for Rosalina and she is unbeatable (Kappa)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Careful, your constructive criticism about how to play a match up makes you sound like you're blind with love for Rosalina and she is unbeatable (Kappa)
Just as long his criticism makes sense, and again ,that's what some users often use that as an only excuse. In MUs, you have to stay neutral, and that's what @ ChikoLad ChikoLad is trying to do. It's just that some don't accept some MU that Rosalina has more advantage than it's character. And yes, I admit there are some character that have more advantage than Rosalina.
This is a pretty weird Rosalina cake:
You might need a new glasses cuz that's not Rosalina.
You must be blindly in love with Rosalina so it's clouding your judgement (Kappa)
You take his comments too seriously. Stop with the "blinding love with Rosalina" please.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Just as long his criticism makes sense, and again ,that's what some users often use that as an only excuse. In MUs, you have to stay neutral, and that's what @ ChikoLad ChikoLad is trying to do. It's just that some don't accept some MU that Rosalina has more advantage than it's character. And yes, I admit there are some character that have more advantage than Rosalina.

You might need a new glasses cuz that's not Rosalina.

You take his comments too seriously. Stop with the "blinding love with Rosalina" please.
The (Kappa) is there to indicate sarcasm XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom