• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I pretty much got down that the acid instantly KOs at over 100% on one of the pre-release Master Fortress videos; the video involved Bowser. I was fortunate to survive the Master Fortress phase with only one life left, as I lost my first life to Master Beast.

Of course, I only pulled this off on intensity level 8.0. I'm more than a bit paranoid about the 9.0 intensity, as I do know that Master Core moves faster than normal on that intensity; even the first 6 stages are going to be chaotic if you're ever forced into any 8-player free-for-alls.

In Smash 3DS, I was never able to take down intensity 9.0 Master Core without losing a life, and doing it without customizations will mean that I'd have to give up the Shooting Star Bit special.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I found that even with my 2311 set I basically never use Shooting Star Bit unless it's a 1v1 match, so I could probably skip the customizations entirely and go for that challenge, except I really like my Vampire Brawn Badge.

Decisions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I found that even with my 2311 set I basically never use Shooting Star Bit unless it's a 1v1 match, so I could probably skip the customizations entirely and go for that challenge, except I really like my Vampire Brawn Badge.

Decisions.
There's also the fact that without customizations, it will take longer to bring down each one of Master Core's phases. Rosalina does not have the brute strength that Ganondorf has, but she handles Master Fortress better with her higher mobility; Rosalina's running is slightly above average.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : If you have an SD card, you can take snapshots that are as big as 1920x1080 pixels when you upload them onto your computer. This may come in handy if you're going to share more of your Rosalina snapshots.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : If you have an SD card, you can take snapshots that are as big as 1920x1080 pixels when you upload them onto your computer. This may come in handy if you're going to share more of your Rosalina snapshots.
I know about this. I guess I should have stated that I found this on tumblr, but I don't remember the exact source. Maybe I'll replicate this picture and post it in 1920x1080p.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Rosalina Wand Pushing

Not sure where to post this, so I figured here is good.

Nothing too amazing, but it can lead to some interesting uses around platforms maybe.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Use Bowser with defense items. It worked for me.
Um....thank you but I will only try Bowser with high defense if I just wanted to clear 9.0. But I am not a Bowser main I would like to clear with my mains like Mario,Sonic, and Rosalina.
Heads up everyone, Rosalina is in the new conquest. Make sure you guys give her as many points as you can! We have to be able to deal with Little Mac, so remembering to do it every 15 hours should help.

Also, winning gives more points, so if her team has a character you are better at, use them. Do it for Rosie. :3
What?! And again , I check the conquest right at this time of this post and the conquest only shows the results of Charizard vs Yoshi (What I mean is the main conquest section shows: Results announced!),but now what? It didn't update to the next conquest. So how can I update the conquest mode? And when does it end? I can't miss Rosalina related conquest mode anymore!!!!!
And yes, I haven't been online recently But only for a few days.
Beautiful.

It's almost like she has a ponytail.
It looks just like she is going use her ultra final smash.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's also the fact that without customizations, it will take longer to bring down each one of Master Core's phases. Rosalina does not have the brute strength that Ganondorf has, but she handles Master Fortress better with her higher mobility; Rosalina's running is slightly above average.
Actually, Rosalina can bring the pain to the Master bosses. Her strength combined with Luma is actually just about Ganondorf levels of damage output in some attacks.

As for Master Fortress, Rosalina is one of the best fighters for it. Great mobility, can take out the enemies quickly, and can make Luma get rid of enemies who occupy a tight platform you need to get to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually, Rosalina can bring the pain to the Master bosses. Her strength combined with Luma is actually just about Ganondorf levels of damage output in some attacks.

As for Master Fortress, Rosalina is one of the best fighters for it. Great mobility, can take out the enemies quickly, and can make Luma get rid of enemies who occupy a tight platform you need to get to.
The main challenge is just trying to keep the Luma from getting itself mauled to death. The Luma can't defend itself, so if any of Master Core's forms take it out, Rosalina won't be able to deal as much damage to Master Core until the Luma returns. And the sad part is that Master Giant, Master Beast, and Master Edges can take out the Luma quite easily.

In terms of Master Fortress, I was able to survive it without losing my last life. You just have to be very careful when dealing with the enemies.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The main challenge is just trying to keep the Luma from getting itself mauled to death. The Luma can't defend itself, so if any of Master Core's forms take it out, Rosalina won't be able to deal as much damage to Master Core until the Luma returns. And the sad part is that Master Giant, Master Beast, and Master Edges can take out the Luma quite easily.

In terms of Master Fortress, I was able to survive it without losing my last life. You just have to be very careful when dealing with the enemies.
Uh ....help me out here? There some problems with my conquest mode.
Here's the question that I post before:
I check the conquest right at this time of this post and the conquest only shows the results of Charizard vs Yoshi (What I mean is the main conquest section shows: Results announced!),but now what? It didn't update to the next conquest. So how can I update the conquest mode? And when does it end? I can't miss Rosalina related conquest mode anymore!!!!!
And yes, I haven't been online recently But only for a few days.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So is the windbox for pushing down bowser in the beginning the thing you mean can be useful? or what am i missing?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

I understand why they don't have their own sub forum, I was just saying what I would do.

I'm more curious if they will have their own topic in the pre-release to the next smash game, or they if they will have to make their own topic, or forced to talk i the same spot as the origninal

EXAMPLE: Instead of an Olimar topic, you have an Olimar/alph topic, but then that causes problems when Olimar gets confirmed but not Alph. (Its probably too early to be talking about this anyway)

Sharing a sub-forum is fine since both still have their own individual topics.

Also regarding Luma:substitute: I don't see a stock image for substitute :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 : Much like what I mentioned to Shirma Akayaku, you can actually upload snapshots that are as big as 1920x1080 pixels. You do need an SD card, along with a computer that can read them though.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg
Imagine how great this would've been if it weren't for Villager. ._.

@ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 : Much like what I mentioned to Shirma Akayaku, you can actually upload snapshots that are as big as 1920x1080 pixels. You do need an SD card, along with a computer that can read them though.
Yes, I know and have all the things I need to do that, but it's faster to do it from the Wii U Internet Browser. I do have a few already ready on my SD Card, however.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ya know I check the conquest mode again on the 3ds looks like the 3ds conquest mode stoped going for now.....

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So this was on Miiverse... So yeah.
(Although this isn't the case for the 3DS, it makes you wonder if the Wii U could actually handle 16 characters at once.
Also, Duck Hunt isn't really two characters since they never separate, and Luma is very simplified, 3D model-wise and A.I.-wise.)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHhsNnm_jQ

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
(Since today is a slow day here's another thing.)
Looks like Rosalina made the cover of Ms. Nintendique! (Bottom-right hand corner)

Also, I'll update the artwork thread if I can (I've been very busy lately).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mr. Game & Watch has revealed his rating for Rosalina...

Oh yeah! Another Mr.G&W with Rosalina pic!
So this was on Miiverse... So yeah.
(Although this isn't the case for the 3DS, it makes you wonder if the Wii U could actually handle 16 characters at once.
Also, Duck Hunt isn't really two characters since they never separate, and Luma is very simplified, 3D model-wise and A.I.-wise.)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHhsNnm_jQ
"Sigh" So missed Ice Climbers..................
(Since today is a slow day here's another thing.)
Looks like Rosalina made the cover of Ms. Nintendique! (Bottom-right hand corner)

Also, I'll update the artwork thread if I can (I've been very busy lately).
There is a portrait of Mario on the top right. So this means Peach, Zelda, and Isabelle are in Peach's room?

On the Ms.Nintendique magazine says: Rosalina: The Newest Racing Star.
Hey@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy , how about you make a Rosalina Smash Bros screenshot sharing thread? Besides post it here in the Rosalina General Discussion Thread, how make a thread that's especially for the Rosalina related Smash bros screenshots?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have 34pts in conquest right now for Rosie. <3

Hopefully, I will continue to get some nice wins to help her. Little Mac is tough competition even if his team was gimped slightly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ mario123007 mario123007 : I never did consider making a snapshot thread, probably because I was unsure about if it was going to be popular or not. I could try though.
Thanks for taking my advice, I just think that since many of you guys posting sooooooooooo many screenshots here. Why don't make a Rosalina screenshot thread then?
Thanks for taking my advice @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy .

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Has anyone noticed that when you input Air attacks right before landing on the ground, Luma finishes his attack even though Rosies attack barely started?
I was wondering if:

1: This was known
2: This could be useful

Luma attacks side-to-side when you do a Nair, so that may be pretty good. Sorry if this is confusing, I tried my best to explain it. Even if I wasn't the first, i'm glad I know so I can try to use it in some situations.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So the Rosalina & Luma amiibo will be available on January 23rd, according to Amazon UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros/dp/B00Q6A56C0
It's up for pre-orders and amiibo's are not region locked, meaning you can buy and use one from outside your country.

Also, I'm sorry Rosalina mains. I've officially switched my Wii U main to Peach. As you can see, Peach was always my main in previous games and SSB4 is no exception. However, I will keep Rosalina & Luma as my main on the 3DS since Peach is too difficult to use on it. When I get the "new" 3DS, I might demote Rosalina & Luma as secondary main.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just have multiple mains.

I've mained Kirby in every smash game and this is no different.

My mains are just the ones I use the most

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So the Rosalina & Luma amiibo will be available on January 23rd, according to Amazon UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros/dp/B00Q6A56C0
It's up for pre-orders and amiibo's are not region locked, meaning you can buy and use one from outside your country.

Also, I'm sorry Rosalina mains. I've officially switched my Wii U main to Peach. As you can see, Peach was always my main in previous games and SSB4 is no exception. However, I will keep Rosalina & Luma as my main on the 3DS since Peach is too difficult to use on it. When I get the "new" 3DS, I might demote Rosalina & Luma as secondary main.
Well, Taiwan here I may purchase Japanese amiibos since in Taiwan you can easily purchase Japanese game products.
I so want the New 3DS XL next year. Without C-stick doing a Smash attack quickly is very hard.
No matter on 3DS or Wii U, Mario will always be my main, others however, once I get a Wii U. I might adjust the use of my mains.
I once want to main Peach in Brawl, she was a bit hard to use back in brawl, in SSB4 however, her air attacks are just devastating.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed that when you input Air attacks right before landing on the ground, Luma finishes his attack even though Rosies attack barely started?
I was wondering if:

1: This was known
2: This could be useful

Luma attacks side-to-side when you do a Nair, so that may be pretty good. Sorry if this is confusing, I tried my best to explain it. Even if I wasn't the first, i'm glad I know so I can try to use it in some situations.
Already known, but kudos for noticing by yourself.

I'm not entirely sure what the best way to integrate it into one's game is, it seems a bit telegraphed as an approach. Maybe a landing option?

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Already known, but kudos for noticing by yourself.

I'm not entirely sure what the best way to integrate it into one's game is, it seems a bit telegraphed as an approach. Maybe a landing option?
How about doing it with a Nair and rolling before luma's second hit to extend the range?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
How about doing it with a Nair and rolling before luma's second hit to extend the range?
That works, sure. It's just that as an approach, it basically requires you to open with an empty short hop, and Rosalina's floaty enough that it's pretty easy to react to.

Good for a mixup I guess. I admit I haven't had much motivation to really try and integrate it into my game.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
That works, sure. It's just that as an approach, it basically requires you to open with an empty short hop, and Rosalina's floaty enough that it's pretty easy to react to.

Good for a mixup I guess. I admit I haven't had much motivation to really try and integrate it into my game.
Thanks! I think it could be decent, but only in REALLYfeelingit specific times. Anyways, i'm off for the night, see y'all tomorrow!
^-^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, so Rosalina and Luma Amiibo is most likely just Target exclusive in the US then?
It's definitely one of the exclusives, as it is not up for pre-order anywhere in the US, currently.

The other exclusive Amiibos are unavailable to pre-order outside of their exclusive stores, and before those stores were announced, other Wave 3 Amiibos were available to pre-order.

Walmart has confirmed that it is getting no exclusive Amiibos at the moment. So it's likely Target that's getting Rosalina.

I wouldn't know personally, but a friend of mine from the US has told me that's actually really bad news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom