• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When you start taking snapshots, you just can't stop.

[collapse=The Great Cave Offensive]

[/collapse]

And here's another gigantic Rosalina and tiny Kirby moment...

[collapse=Gigantic Rosalina & Tiny Kirby]

[/collapse]
Well....how abot more picture of Rosalina with other characters like Mr.G&W? he's my most favorite character.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Read the post he linked, it'll make sense. Clearly a mistake on the part of whoever sent the email, but funny nonetheless.
But the tumblr user Large sized "Rosalina",so I couldn't completely understand what was the mail saying, but could it be? They are really going to put Rosalina as a somewhat cameo in the next Zelda game for somehow?

about http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-01-2014/Pugixs.gif:
OUCH.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oops, should of specified.

I meant the one about Link and Rosalina in Zelda
Someone sent an e-mail to Nintendo asking about Zelda Wii U and they mentioned that they would like to see more customisation for Link in the game.

However, in the reply, Nintendo basically said "We'll be sure to keep your suggestion about having more customisation for Rosalina in mind".

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Someone sent an e-mail to Nintendo asking about Zelda Wii U and they mentioned that they would like to see more customisation for Link in the game.

However, in the reply, Nintendo basically said "We'll be sure to keep your suggestion about having more customisation for Rosalina in mind".

And now I can't see the pictures.

I truth, its not that the link wouldn't open, its just that its blocked on my school laptop, and so are most pictures.

Although the pictures Mario&SonicGuy uploads aren't blocked, I assume he just uploads them directly to smashboards.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The custom moveset topic was fruitful and the data showed there were 3 clear winners for "primary" movesets. I've now made a poll here for people to vote on up to 3 supplementary movesets, for a total of 6. Slots 7 and 8 will be devoted to 2222 and 3333 to ensure all moves are available in some form, and 9 and 10 are to be left blank for any people who want to be snowflakes and use something different.

Please check it out and vote, and read the OP first.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
A little off topic,(although Rosalina does have custom moves) but how many custom variations can you make with a single character (ignoring equipments and colours)

Or in other words, how many characters do you need to make to have every custom move setup possible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A little off topic,(although Rosalina does have custom moves) but how many custom variations can you make with a single character (ignoring equipments and colours)

Or in other words, how many characters do you need to make to have every custom move setup possible.
More than 10, for sure, so it's not actually possible to do it on just one system/3DS copy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And now I can't see the pictures.

I truth, its not that the link wouldn't open, its just that its blocked on my school laptop, and so are most pictures.

Although the pictures Mario&SonicGuy uploads aren't blocked, I assume he just uploads them directly to smashboards.
Actually, a lot of my snapshots are from my Photobucket account.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

4 special moves, 3 options per move. 3^4 = 81 possible combinations. The default 1111 is always available so subtract that and you'd need 80 slots to have every possible combination.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Actually, a lot of my snapshots are from my Photobucket account.
So Photobucket pictures I can view, I'll have to keep that in mind

4 special moves, 3 options per move. 3^4 = 81 possible combinations. The default 1111 is always available so subtract that and you'd need 80 slots to have every possible combination.
Dayum, I wish they had more of a Mario Kart approach to custom moves and you choose them right before the fight. I would probably use it more often then I do.

I also wish there was a way to turn equipment off, I would choose my character and have a random moveset, but then equipment ruins it by making the character too slow, too weak or too easy to kill, along with stupid bonus effects.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No one ever said that you have to use equipment with the custom specials though. But in the end, if a game mode doesn't allow customizations, you can't use any custom specials (unless you're using your Mii fighter).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No one ever said that you have to use equipment with the custom specials though. But in the end, if a game mode doesn't allow customizations, you can't use any custom specials (unless you're using your Mii fighter).
When you pick random with custom on, it forces equipment on you.

I like playing random, but I don't like equipment. And to save time, when I pick a character I don't have a custom set up for, I'll pick random set up.

Its a pain for me. and of coarse cpus will have to be hand picked if I don't want them using equipment either.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Which probably means, they will take the thought, but don't hope so much.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We all know how Rosalina is one of the most beautiful Nintendo females out there. Of course, it's not just her face, hairstyle, and dress that make her beautiful, but even her high heels are beautiful as well.

Also, some extra snapshots...

And for @ mario123007 mario123007 ...

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
Hello everyone I just picked up Rosalina recently and I have been having a lot of fun using this character! I think I'm going to main her along with two other characters.

Generally I play Rosa by keeping Luma close and by using a lot of tilts to space and keep my opponent at bay. I think I have a good understanding of her aerials and when to use them. The thing is, I really feel like I'm under utilizing Luma Shot and thus limiting how to play this character effectively. How much should I be incorporating that move into my play? Any tips?

(Also please let me know if I posted this in the wrong thread)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Well, I've managed to conquer intensity level 8.0 with Rosalina earlier today, and let me tell you, it's no joke by any means. Some of the fights in the first 6 stages really gave me some issues.
  • Stage 1 - Dark Pit (Rival): I had a hard time laying even a hit on him. Eventually, some item luck got me the upper hand.
  • Stage 2 - Robin: Less annoying, thanks to Robin's lack of reflecting moves. Assist Trophy helped too.
  • Stage 3 - 8-Player Free-For-All: I had to do some evasive actions for this stage. Fortunately, the stage was Mario Galaxy, so I had room to work with. Opponents included Kirby, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Wario, and Ganondorf.
  • Stage 4 - King Dedede: Gravitational Pull countered most of his Gordos, but it was the Ore Club that helped me beat him.
  • Stage 5 - 3-on-3 Team Battle: Allies were Dedede and Dark Pit, and I had to fight Link, Zelda, and Wii Fit Trainer. Took me a while to deal with them all, but at least my teammates survived.
  • Stage 6 - Fighting Mii Team: Just trying to avoid gang attacks was a tricky endeavor. It's a good thing that the Fighting Miis can't shield themselves from your attacks.
Once I got to Master Core, Master Giant gave me some frustration, and I lost my first life to Master Beast, but after those incidents, I've managed to finish off Master Edges and Master Shadow without too much resistance.

Then came Master Fortress, and that really got my heart pumping. I had to play cautiously as I went through the fortress, but all that work paid off. And for the proof...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hello everyone I just picked up Rosalina recently and I have been having a lot of fun using this character! I think I'm going to main her along with two other characters.

Generally I play Rosa by keeping Luma close and by using a lot of tilts to space and keep my opponent at bay. I think I have a good understanding of her aerials and when to use them. The thing is, I really feel like I'm under utilizing Luma Shot and thus limiting how to play this character effectively. How much should I be incorporating that move into my play? Any tips?

(Also please let me know if I posted this in the wrong thread)
Luma Shot is a move where you have to know when to use it, since constantly throwing out Luma gets you punished, and opponents can see it coming once Rosalina starts charging. Try implementing it into your grab game. An F-Throw/B-Throw -> U-Tilt/U-Smash at low % when Luma is far in front or behind is another good way to get some distance between you and the opponent and extra damage through throws. For pressure, when seperated, sandwich them and keep them in with D-Tilt, F-Tilt or D-Smash.

Lastly, I wouldn't reccomend using Luma Shot off stage, since characters can just airdodge if they're not in free fall and it puts Rosa in a bad position. Keep them together and go for aerials, preferably D-Air, especially with Luma because of how strong it is.

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Well, I've managed to conquer intensity level 8.0 with Rosalina earlier today, and let me tell you, it's no joke by any means. Some of the fights in the first 6 stages really gave me some issues.
  • Stage 1 - Dark Pit (Rival): I had a hard time laying even a hit on him. Eventually, some item luck got me the upper hand.
  • Stage 2 - Robin: Less annoying, thanks to Robin's lack of reflecting moves. Assist Trophy helped too.
  • Stage 3 - 8-Player Free-For-All: I had to do some evasive actions for this stage. Fortunately, the stage was Mario Galaxy, so I had room to work with. Opponents included Kirby, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Wario, and Ganondorf.
  • Stage 4 - King Dedede: Gravitational Pull countered most of his Gordos, but it was the Ore Club that helped me beat him.
  • Stage 5 - 3-on-3 Team Battle: Allies were Dedede and Dark Pit, and I had to fight Link, Zelda, and Wii Fit Trainer. Took me a while to deal with them all, but at least my teammates survived.
  • Stage 6 - Fighting Mii Team: Just trying to avoid gang attacks was a tricky endeavor. It's a good thing that the Fighting Miis can't shield themselves from your attacks.
Once I got to Master Core, Master Giant gave me some frustration, and I lost my first life to Master Beast, but after those incidents, I've managed to finish off Master Edges and Master Shadow without too much resistance.

Then came Master Fortress, and that really got my heart pumping. I had to play cautiously as I went through the fortress, but all that work paid off. And for the proof...

Against Master Core, I had the most success just staying on the ground whenever possible and spamming usmash, and uair against Master Edges. GPull also works on the orb things Edges sends out, which is nice. Luma's basically doomed though, I didn't bother trying to keep it safe with all the hitboxes getting thrown my way.

I actually was able to clear Master Fortress on my first try, then I died the next 3 times as Shulk because reasons. That's when I noticed that enemy reinforcements only spawn in at specific triggers like starting to attack a node, so you can take the time to clear out the laser flowers before trying to go for the kill.

Although I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the 9.0 challenges.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I forgot to post this here, but I beat Classic Mode 9.0 on Wii U on my first try with Rosalina:

And I used this custom build:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Against Master Core, I had the most success just staying on the ground whenever possible and spamming usmash, and uair against Master Edges. GPull also works on the orb things Edges sends out, which is nice. Luma's basically doomed though, I didn't bother trying to keep it safe with all the hitboxes getting thrown my way.

I actually was able to clear Master Fortress on my first try, then I died the next 3 times as Shulk because reasons. That's when I noticed that enemy reinforcements only spawn in at specific triggers like starting to attack a node, so you can take the time to clear out the laser flowers before trying to go for the kill.

Although I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the 9.0 challenges.
I'd be fortunate if I even complete intensity level 9.0. However, unlike in Smash 3DS, there's no reward for simply completing 9.0 in Smash Wii U; you have to do it without losing any lives, and again without any customizations. The third 9.0 challenge involves Marth, and completing solo 9.0 within 12 minutes; that's definitely an absurd challenge when you consider how brutal the CPUs are on the high intensity levels.

Anyway, the custom build that @ ChikoLad ChikoLad posted isn't entirely foolproof, as you do have to get past the first 6 stages before you can even take on Master Core. Basically, what worked for one person, might not work at all for another.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The build I used is fine for the first 6 stages provided you are generally good with Rosalina, and pick your fights strategically.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

are there any "ask the mods" topics here? Because I have some question of curiosity and some requests.

Requests:
Can we get a Luma head:rosalina: If we can have :substitute:, we should have Luma

Curiosity:
When smash 5/6 eventually comes around, what will happen to alt characters? As of now, they share a sub forum with their default character. Will they get their own topic for unconfirmed veterans or just share a topic with the default

If you ask me, they should each have their own sub forum since Dark Pit does, even each Koopaling :troll: Although I guess that would put a lot of work on the moderators, but when I think of how many characters there are, I like to think there are 60
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4drmario::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl::4metaknight::4megaman::4marth::4mario::4luigi::4lucina::4lucario::4link::4littlemac::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4myfriends::4greninja::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::mewtwopm:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We all know how Rosalina is one of the most beautiful Nintendo females out there. Of course, it's not just her face, hairstyle, and dress that make her beautiful, but even her high heels are beautiful as well.

Also, some extra snapshots...

And for @ mario123007 mario123007 ...

Uh..the first part of the screenshots looks pretty awkward......

Second part: Wow metal Rosalina looks oo shiny!

Third part: Yes!!! Thank you! @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy !!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to post this here, but I beat Classic Mode 9.0 on Wii U on my first try with Rosalina:

And I used this custom build:

"Sigh"...................tell you the truth guys, I still can't complete intensity 9.0 on the 3DS version, I use my most on hand character like Sonic and can't even get pass Master and Crazy hand this time. Rosalina I might try to use her a couple of time, but this moment I won't use her. Help here @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ?
Oh dear....accidentally double-post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
"Sigh"...................tell you the truth guys, I still can't complete intensity 9.0 on the 3DS version, I use my most on hand character like Sonic and can't even get pass Master and Crazy hand this time. Rosalina I might try to use her a couple of time, but this moment I won't use her. Help here @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ?
Use Bowser with defense items. It worked for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

are there any "ask the mods" topics here? Because I have some question of curiosity and some requests.

Requests:
Can we get a Luma head:rosalina: If we can have :substitute:, we should have Luma

Curiosity:
When smash 5/6 eventually comes around, what will happen to alt characters? As of now, they share a sub forum with their default character. Will they get their own topic for unconfirmed veterans or just share a topic with the default

If you ask me, they should each have their own sub forum since Dark Pit does, even each Koopaling :troll: Although I guess that would put a lot of work on the moderators, but when I think of how many characters there are, I like to think there are 60
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4drmario::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl::4metaknight::4megaman::4marth::4mario::4luigi::4lucina::4lucario::4link::4littlemac::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4myfriends::4greninja::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::mewtwopm:
I don't think there are any in-game stock icons for the Luma. As for your curiosity suggestion, staff members do not make sub-forums for mere palette swaps. Because the Koopalings are Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps, they belong in the same sub-forum as Bowser Jr.. The same also applies to Alph being placed in Olimar's sub-forum. The only reason why Dark Pit has his own sub-forum is because he's a separate fighter, and not a mere Pit palette swap.

Uh..the first part of the screenshots looks pretty awkward......

Second part: Wow metal Rosalina looks oo shiny!

Third part: Yes!!! Thank you! @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy !!!!!!!!!!!

The first snapshot batch is just close-ups of Rosalina's shoes for her 8 palette swaps. You don't get to see them that much while Rosalina is on the ground.

As for Classic, I was able to complete 9.0 in Smash 3DS with Rosalina, but not without suffering a life loss or two. If I can't avoid losing lives on the 9.0 intensity in Smash 3DS, then I really doubt that Smash Wii U will be any better.

Use Bowser with defense items. It worked for me.
What worked for you may not work for others.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
[...]
What worked for you may not work for others.
I know; this is why I don't have a "success guaranteed or your money back" policy. But taking the heaviest character in the game and further boosting his defense leaves a larger margin for error. You can get pummeled by 9.0 CPUs *and* Master Core all day and survive.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I'd like a Luma icon, too. You could just take the official artwork and scale it down, even rotate it if you want. I can make some examples in less than two minutes.

Here's the full-sized artwork:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried to set up a story that references portions of Rosalina's Storybook. It's inside the spoiler box below.

A long time ago, there once lived a mother and her child. They've been very happy together for many years, and the child looked up to his mother for strength. The child felt very brave while next to his mother, feeling like he could do anything. However, because of this, the child is always afraid of losing her.

One day, the child discovers that his mother is leaving him, and was unsure why. "Mother, where are you going?", asked the child.

The mother responded by saying, "Don't fret my child. I'm not going anywhere." The child doesn't understand what his mother is saying and responded, "But you're leaving, and I don't want you to go."

Realizing that her child is afraid, the mother decides to calm him down.

"Even if I'm not by your side in person, I will always be with you.", said the mother.

The child is still confused and starts to cry. He then said, "I don't know what I can do without you mom. You've always been there for me."

"No tears my child. I'll always be watching over you, like the sun in the day, and the moon in the night.", responded the mother. "If you ever feel like you're alone, always remember that you're never alone." The child began to calm down, as his mother's encouragement comes through.

"Mother...", said the child. The child then jumps up to his mother's hands, "...Thank you. I'll try to be a brave, just like you." With those words, the child's tears have subsided. "I know that you will.", the mother said.

After encouraging her child, the mother prepares to depart, knowing that her child is more confident than ever before.

"I'll always remember you and your advice mother.", said the child. As the mother leaves, she says, "Remember my child, even if I'm not physically by your side, I'm always watching over you..."

"...like the sun in the day, and the moon in the night. And if it is ever rainy, I will turn into a star in the clouds and wait for your tears to dry."

"May the stars shine down on you."

Ever since that fateful day, the child has become a brave and kind person, knowing that even if his mother isn't next to him, she'll always be with him in spirit.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Heads up everyone, Rosalina is in the new conquest. Make sure you guys give her as many points as you can! We have to be able to deal with Little Mac, so remembering to do it every 15 hours should help.

Also, winning gives more points, so if her team has a character you are better at, use them. Do it for Rosie. :3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did this with Rosalina today:

Now I just have the no-KO run left for her in Classic Mode and I never have to come back to the mode with her.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Heads up everyone, Rosalina is in the new conquest. Make sure you guys give her as many points as you can! We have to be able to deal with Little Mac, so remembering to do it every 15 hours should help.

Also, winning gives more points, so if her team has a character you are better at, use them. Do it for Rosie. :3
What's the conquest? I haven't gone online lately in Smash.

Did this with Rosalina today:

Now I just have the no-KO run left for her in Classic Mode and I never have to come back to the mode with her.
I'm...still working on the 9.0 challenges. It doesn't help that the game loves throwing me into an 8 player "FFA" for the last choice where you have literally the one option, I can never keep track of my character consistently in the chaos.

Luma utilt and uair is god against the AI though, it does so much knockback. Dair too but that's a bit trickier to kill with.

Master Core is also annoying but I can at least make it to Master Edges before dying and getting the difficulty bumped down. Then I invariably trounce him (it?) on the second try but now it's 8.5 so bully for me. (Also fun fact: The acid pits in Master Fortress are also instant kill zones when over 100%. Learned that the hard way.)

</rant>

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Strangely, the conquest is called "Noobs".

And 4 player battles give more points than 1v1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom