• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Heard you were talkin' ****.

Seriously though, Rosie's congratulations screens are really bizarre in this game.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Check this out. Rosalina's Gravitational Pull on ROB's laser is so cool. It looks like it's been changed.
You can watch the rest of the match to see more Gravitational Pulls.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Heard you were talkin' ****.

Seriously though, Rosie's congratulations screens are really bizarre in this game.
Is this the all star mode congratulation screen? It does kind of giving you a pressure for somehow.
It has been a while since I have a exam going these days.......sooooo want to buy a Wii U soon, I'm afraid I might forget the GC controls if I keep play the 3DS version.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Once again, even more Rosalina snapshots to show off...

Also, smile for the camera...

I'm not sure if the CPUs in Crazy Orders are handicapped to die really easily or what (idk because sometimes it sure doesn't feel like it), but I've been playing in Crazy Orders a lot and have consistently been able to kill heavy opponents with UAir at 0% from the top platform of Big Battlefield. I'm wondering if there's something like the Mii Brawler One-inch-Punch with her Uair because that's honestly the only other explanation I have beyond super handicapped CPUs (as in, DK is dying at 0% from UAir).

This ultimately proved to be my demise in the Crazy Orders run because after 9 minutes and 15 tickets, I only had 38% damage on me and died really easily to Crazy Hand and Master Hand (who shows up sometime between 13 and 15 tickets completed).
One of the main things about Crazy Orders that needs to be kept in mind is that everything about it has double-edged swords. You need your damage to be low to avoid getting KO'd easily on any of the Crazy Orders tickets, but you need it to be high so that you'll have more HP while fighting Crazy Hand and its allies.

And of course, the tickets become gradually harder as you complete turns; it might either be the CPU difficulty or simply just the types of battle formats that you'll come across.

Anyway, while you can use customizations in Crazy Orders, you need to be careful with which ones you use. My defensive King Dedede got killed off during turn 6.

sigh~

Why you have to spoil. I won't report you since we're friends, but I like to find those for myself.
If not him, I would've spoiled it eventually with the presence of my complete coverage thread. I just haven't completed All-Star mode with her yet.

Is it just me or is All Star Mode ridiculously harder in the Wii U version of the game?

I have not been able to beat All Star Mode on Hard with Rosalina

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Once again, even more Rosalina snapshots to show off...

Also, smile for the camera...

One of the main things about Crazy Orders that needs to be kept in mind is that everything about it has double-edged swords. You need your damage to be low to avoid getting KO'd easily on any of the Crazy Orders tickets, but you need it to be high so that you'll have more HP while fighting Crazy Hand and its allies.

And of course, the tickets become gradually harder as you complete turns; it might either be the CPU difficulty or simply just the types of battle formats that you'll come across.

Anyway, while you can use customizations in Crazy Orders, you need to be careful with which ones you use. My defensive King Dedede got killed off during turn 6.

If not him, I would've spoiled it eventually with the presence of my complete coverage thread. I just haven't completed All-Star mode with her yet.
I don't go into the complete coverage thread.

Also is it just me or does Fire Rosalina look dull on the Wii U?

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't go into the complete coverage thread.

Also is it just me or does Fire Rosalina look dull on the Wii U?
I thought the same thing, and now looking back at the 3ds version I never see it the same way anymore lol
It looked like Fire Rosalina until we saw what it was actually based off of, just a shiny dress thats new shade of red to her
I think it looks nice, different, but nice

I can't wait to max out my SD card with Rosalina pictures and replays <3

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've been in this sub-forum. Trying to get back into Rosalina, haven't really used her much since the patch (not because of the nerfs, just because I've been focused on Ike). Anyways, I never really knew much about Rosa, just kinda played as her and got lucky. Anyways, I'm trying to really figure this character out, can anyone help me out with just a few simple combos I should know to get started? Just looking for real simple stuff for now. Any other tips and pointers would be great. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just something humorous that I've taken earlier...

Yikes! Since when did Rosalina and her Luma get so huge?!

Kirby, I think you took a wrong turn.

Poor Kirby. He's just too tiny to avoid getting caught under Rosalina's own dress.

If you're wondering about the size differences, I did this during a Giant Special Smash. I gave Rosalina a Super Mushroom to make her even more huge, while Kirby got turned tiny by the Lightning. Imagine the huge close-ups that you can get while Rosalina is very massive.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just something humorous that I've taken earlier...

Yikes! Since when did Rosalina and her Luma get so huge?!

Kirby, I think you took a wrong turn.

Poor Kirby. He's just too tiny to avoid getting caught under Rosalina's own dress.

If you're wondering about the size differences, I did this during a Giant Special Smash. I gave Rosalina a Super Mushroom to make her even more huge, while Kirby got turned tiny by the Lightning. Imagine the huge close-ups that you can get while Rosalina is very massive.
Reminds me of a picture I managed to get during a Smash Run "Mega Smash" on 3DS:

You could probably make Rosalina even bigger if, on top of all the size buffs in that image, Kirby got the Lightning. Sometimes when you get Lightning, it backfires and makes opponents bigger. The effect is equal to two Super Mushrooms if I am not mistaken.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Reminds me of a picture I managed to get during a Smash Run "Mega Smash" on 3DS:

You could probably make Rosalina even bigger if, on top of all the size buffs in that image, Kirby got the Lightning. Sometimes when you get Lightning, it backfires and makes opponents bigger. The effect is equal to two Super Mushrooms if I am not mistaken.
I remember that that sometimes happens in Brawl, but it's very random.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Well guys, the Wii U game is finally coming out in Europe tomorrow.

Just wanna say that it's been great speculating on, analysing, and gushing over Rosalina & Luma while waiting for the game to come out. Our goddess and golden child are finally here in Smash, and in HD!

And thanks for making the Rosalina boards here one of my favourite places on the internet! Let's keep repping these two and show people what they're made of! And here's to hoping MK8, 3D World, Mario Golf, and Smash are just the beginning of Rosalina's extended presence as one of the best characters Nintendo has conceived, and as the leading lady of the Mario games alongside Princess Peach!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I regret to report that after some complaints by a couple Smash 4 staff members, my match-up discussion system isn't going to work out as planned. If you don't see any of the character match-up threads the next time you visit this sub-forum, it's more than likely that I've moved all the discussion posts to the old match-up discussion thread that I locked the other day.

Because of this dilemma, the schedule that I had planned will be experiencing some major adjustments. Don't fret though, as there's probably an answer to my problem, which is found at the Lucina sub-forum.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I regret to report that after some complaints by a couple Smash 4 staff members, my match-up discussion system isn't going to work out as planned. If you don't see any of the character match-up threads the next time you visit this sub-forum, it's more than likely that I've moved all the discussion posts to the old match-up discussion thread that I locked the other day.

Because of this dilemma, the schedule that I had planned will be experiencing some major adjustments. Don't fret though, as there's probably an answer to my problem, which is found at the Lucina sub-forum.
What?! I like these forums! It does kind of surprised that not much people are discussing thse mstch ups or even post videos about it.
And for most of you guys again I am preparing a major exam for the next few months. I will still try to keep on track of Smashboards but I might not post comments or do any action in this website.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think I mentioned this earlier, but as a reminder I currently have a topic up to discuss the top 8 custom sets for Rosalina in tournament play. The purpose is to identify these sets in advance so that they can be pre-loaded onto Wii U setups via 3DS transfer, instead of waiting for everyone to unlock all the moves on each Wii U.

As the topic already has more than 8 candidate sets, I'll be making a second topic with a poll once this first one has been around for a week, and we'll have a vote. I'm not sure if it's possible to make a poll that allows multiple selections but still less than a specific number, but if not I'll probably resort to a large bold statement in the OP to only vote for 8 or less. Unless it would work out better if everyone only voted for one set? That seems unlikely given how popular 2311 is.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think I mentioned this earlier, but as a reminder I currently have a topic up to discuss the top 8 custom sets for Rosalina in tournament play. The purpose is to identify these sets in advance so that they can be pre-loaded onto Wii U setups via 3DS transfer, instead of waiting for everyone to unlock all the moves on each Wii U.

As the topic already has more than 8 candidate sets, I'll be making a second topic with a poll once this first one has been around for a week, and we'll have a vote. I'm not sure if it's possible to make a poll that allows multiple selections but still less than a specific number, but if not I'll probably resort to a large bold statement in the OP to only vote for 8 or less. Unless it would work out better if everyone only voted for one set? That seems unlikely given how popular 2311 is.
Why don't you ask users to post some videos of Rosalina's custom movesets gameplay video? Some fellas might not remember most of her custom movesets.
And if you check the Smash Bros 3DS National Tournament, the Rosalina champ seems to like to use the fast shooting starbits more often

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Rosa looking miiighty high here.

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Whatever happened to the Metal Luma that was in the e3/SDCC build? Is it still in the final game?? I haven't seen it at all....

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here we go again with the snapshots...

And another nice close-up...

I know we all know this but again she is soooo gorgeous on the Wii U version!!!!
I've browsed around the Smash Bros. community at Miiverse, and ran into some more new Rosalina content.

About the first picture:WOW! Can the Wii U version zoom in that close?! I can see her right eye too!
About the last picture: Don't mess up with the girls.
Whatever happened to the Metal Luma that was in the e3/SDCC build? Is it still in the final game?? I haven't seen it at all....
It was probably the early build, that color often mistakes me that Lumas can get metal box with only themselves.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Does any actual theory crafting for Rosalina happen here or is it literally just you lot sharing random-ass pictures that you find of her and clogging this thread up with it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does any actual theory crafting for Rosalina happen here or is it literally just you lot sharing random-*** pictures that you find of her and clogging this thread up with it?
This is a general discussion thread, so it's not like the snapshot postings are derailing anything if they're Rosalina-related.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does any actual theory crafting for Rosalina happen here or is it literally just you lot sharing random-*** pictures that you find of her and clogging this thread up with it?
This is just a general thread, so theory crafting is not so prominent here, especially since the game is out.

Go to almost any other topic on the Rosalina boards for theory crafting.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I posted the following snapshot on Miiverse earlier, so I thought that I'd share it here.

Rosalina: The weather sure is nice today. Maybe Luma and I should have a picnic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took a bunch of screenshots using that "make Kirby tiny and the other characters massive" trick, but I'll just post my favourites:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I took a bunch of screenshots using that "make Kirby tiny and the other characters massive" trick, but I'll just post my favourites:

Those snapshots are awesome, Rosalina looks beautiful in all of them! :) I wish I had the game myself.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
This is a general discussion thread, so it's not like the snapshot postings are derailing anything if they're Rosalina-related.
They do take a while to load though, so spoiler tags would be nice.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post earlier. Oops.

Also, hopping on the bandwagon, I whipped these up in Photoshop. Was considering making one my avatar but I'm still waffling on it. Bonus points if you can identify the source, although it may not be all that hard.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When you start taking snapshots, you just can't stop.

[collapse=The Great Cave Offensive]

[/collapse]

And here's another gigantic Rosalina and tiny Kirby moment...

[collapse=Gigantic Rosalina & Tiny Kirby]

[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom