• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I usually check conquest results as soon as they end. If you missed checking the results by the time new results came in, that might be it.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Uh hello guys I know you guys are having fun with the Wii U but I need help here, I check my conquest mode results. I didn't see the results of Olimar vs Rosalina conquest. Why it just skip to Toon Link conquest?
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but when you go to "Previous Results", you can scroll down and see all the old conquests one at a time. You can also scroll sideways to see the specific percentages done by Japan, the Americas and Euopre & Oceania. If you mean you didn't claim your prize for contributing the most to the winning team, I'm not sure how that works, sorry. I've always checked Conquest results before the next is started.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So I have the subforum watched, which means I get a notification whenever a new topic is posted.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy posted a matchup topic for each and every Rosalina matchup today.

RIP my inbox.

(Also, are you going to do a Rosalina mirror topic? Seems like an omission, I didn't notice one.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is there no way you can make a sub forum for the Rosalina forum, with match-up threads in it?

It seems like things will just get awfully messy with all of the match up threads always being at the front, and it will likely overshadow other threads.

I think you guys should have just started each character match up thread one by one (Like per week or something) rather than releasing all of them at the same time

And also, I was pretty hyped when I saw that there were a lot of Alerts but all I saw was....

"MARIO AND SONIC MADE ROSALINA VS X THREAD"

Good job though M&S.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is basically the only best course of action, unless the administrators decide to add a match-up discussion sub-forum. However, if such a sub-forum is made for Rosalina, all the other character sub-forums pretty much have to follow the same page.

Anyway, making separate match-ups threads for each character has been done before at the Brawl character discussion forums. An example of this can be found at Brawl Mario's forum and Brawl King Dedede's forum.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I took some pictures in Smash and made some pictures in the Diorama Mode. :)

(Using Telepathy, because they can't talk in Metal, they communicate.)
"Luma, what did I say about heads on the table? It's bad manners."

"Okay mom... Jeez."

(Luma gets view of the Galaxy).

(Mini Rosalina Under The Barrel)
These pictures seem quite small until you expand them.

"You don't seems like a Luma..."

(My little group of stars all together for a group photo)

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Anyway, making separate match-ups threads for each character has been done before at the Brawl character discussion forums. An example of this can be found at Brawl Mario's forum and Brawl King Dedede's forum.
That's correct, and the Marth forums did the same. Thing is they weren't frontloaded all at once. The match-up threads were made on a weekly basis.

My inbox blew the eff up though. It made me chuckle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Give it some time, and the match-up threads will eventually be pushed back a page or two. Until then, you'll just have to go to page 2 to find the threads that were created before I made the new match-up threads.

Again, I'm sorry if this is inconvenient to some people, but I've pretty much pointed out why I did what I did.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
About the Wii U pictures, daaaaamn. The metal textures are eye catching
What's great is that they are completely reflective like actual metal (unlike in previous installments). Because it's reflective, I found out that in the Gamer stage, the back is the same texture as the front of the stage (the whole stage is a box), except there's nothing on the table and there's no door, only the TV and windows are there.

There's also this warp glitch that I don't know how to perform, but I bet it could be used to see the whole stage.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm going to have to do a better job with using Rosalina's vertical recovery, because I once again failed to recover, all because Rosalina was traveling in the wrong direction with Launch Star.

Apparently, you have to tilt the Control Stick at a diagonal angle before executing Launch Star if you want Rosalina to go a different direction than where she's facing.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm going to have to do a better job with using Rosalina's vertical recovery, because I once again failed to recover, all because Rosalina was traveling in the wrong direction with Launch Star.

Apparently, you have to tilt the Control Stick at a diagonal angle before executing Launch Star if you want Rosalina to go a different direction than where she's facing.
And doing that online is nearly impossible for me because the lag messes me up.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Yeah, you can angle the launch but if you want to angle it backwards you need to be very careful otherwise you'll b-reverse it and that's basically a guaranteed SD. I've stopped trying to bother, honestly.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Give it some time, and the match-up threads will eventually be pushed back a page or two. Until then, you'll just have to go to page 2 to find the threads that were created before I made the new match-up threads.

Again, I'm sorry if this is inconvenient to some people, but I've pretty much pointed out why I did what I did.
Personally, I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm amused my mailbox blew up. I apologize if I came off that way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What's great is that they are completely reflective like actual metal (unlike in previous installments). Because it's reflective, I found out that in the Gamer stage, the back is the same texture as the front of the stage (the whole stage is a box), except there's nothing on the table and there's no door, only the TV and windows are there.

There's also this warp glitch that I don't know how to perform, but I bet it could be used to see the whole stage.
Where did you get that image? I'd love to look into that glitch more.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but when you go to "Previous Results", you can scroll down and see all the old conquests one at a time. You can also scroll sideways to see the specific percentages done by Japan, the Americas and Euopre & Oceania. If you mean you didn't claim your prize for contributing the most to the winning team, I'm not sure how that works, sorry. I've always checked Conquest results before the next is started.
Uh, you are misunderstand.I'm not caring about the prize, and even you didn't participate the conquest and just viewing the ongoing conquest. You will still see that conquest's results. I know that you can see the previous results by just scrolling down. But the things is I checked the results during the Rosalina vs Olimar conquest. It was normal, I got "The battle of beefcakes" conquest results. However, after the Rosalina vs Olimar conquest. Most of you probably already got the conquest results, but I haven't! I thought maybe the result hasn't got to my 3DS is because of time zone difference. After the "RedvsGreenvsBlue" results reveals, the past results still didn't have Rosalina vs Olimar results! It just "Battle of beefcakes" (Nov 7-10)results just skiped to "RedvsGreenvsBlue" (Nov 14-21)results. Did anyone has this problem before? Is it that you have to check the conquest, then it will show you the results? I'm not sure if I did check the Rosalina vs Olimar conquest , but I think I did......

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Give it to me straight, is Rosaline garbage now or were the nerfs justified? I don't follow the game but just like Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Give it to me straight, is Rosaline garbage now or were the nerfs justified? I don't follow the game but just like Rosalina.
Far from it.

She was nerfed but she also got some significant buffs, so it sort of balanced out.

She's still top tier material. I've actually been doing better lately, since the patch. My win rate has even gone up in FG.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Far from it.

She was nerfed but she also got some significant buffs, so it sort of balanced out.

She's still top tier material. I've actually been doing better lately, since the patch. My win rate has even gone up in FG.
Intresting. I only played her a bit in the 3ds version and enjoyed her. What was her big buffs? How do the luma changes affect her?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Intresting. I only played her a bit in the 3ds version and enjoyed her. What was her big buffs? How do the luma changes affect her?
The buffs were:

-Luma recall is much faster (both Rosalina's animation and Luma's movement speed when coming back).
-Luma Shot uncharged goes a very short distance. Before, it went too far, making the variance in how you could space more limited than it should have been.
-Luma Shot has significantly less cool down, and both Rosalina and Luma can act out of it sooner.
-N-air can now be used for combos and strings since the knockback has been reduced
-F-air has better knockback (I also heard it's possible to make it spike opponents now)

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Wow. That sounds great about luma. And the nerfs were less strong Fsmash, dsmash, longer spawning luma and you can't control her when being grabbed/damaged? I can live with that. I really just to practice. I lost in a lanuch tournament yesterday to a link because I forgot Rosalina's down B exists, haha. Plus I was trying to like Wavedash and JC and other PM stuff.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also think some of her aerials got a hitbox range reduction, though I have not noticed this even if it is the case, so basically, she's not any worse off than before, IMO. The Luma changes are just a god send, IMO, and feel far more significant than any of the nerfs to me personally.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Great to hear someone feels that way. I was scared she was nerfed real bad. Seems Nintendo can patch smarter than I thought.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Hi everyone.

I know it seems like I'm new here but I actually registered on these forums a long time ago. I'm a huge Rosamama fan and I'm trying to learn how to play her, coming off being a Donkey Kong main since the N64 days. I think I'm kind of bad at competitive Smash in general, but I'm willing to learn. I'm mainly a Street Fighter player. I just thought with the release of the new game I'd come back here to get into the swing of things.

I posted a thread talking about how I need help with my Rosalina, anyone care to give me advice?
Quoting this because I feel people didn't see it on the last page?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
True. That is a hassle coming from PM 3.5 where it has a massive change log. At least the community was able to figure it out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Quoting this because I feel people didn't see it on the last page?
I saw that post but didn't have much of a response to give. I still can't do so now because I'm on my phone, but I advise coming up with a list of the main points you have trouble with regarding Rosalina. Post that here, and from there, people should be able to work something out for you through discussion!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I want to notify everyone that the match-up discussion changes that I've implemented today was just part 1 of my work. For part 2, I plan to set up a schedule where we'll primarily focus on discussing about certain characters for each week. I'll likely be setting up the schedule tomorrow night, at the latest.

Update: Schedule has been added onto the match-up finder thread.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

IF THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE HERE, I'M NOT PICKING UP ON IT

ALL I SEE IS PINK ROSALINA GOING FOR GOLD ROSALINA'S BREASTS

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If Rosalina calls Luma back and gets grabbed while Luma is in
the process of returning, does he stop where he is?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

IF THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE HERE, I'M NOT PICKING UP ON IT

ALL I SEE IS PINK ROSALINA GOING FOR GOLD ROSALINA'S BREASTS
Even though I don't see her going for the breast...when I first saw that, it did seem like some yuri action was about to happen. xD

Anyway, took some screenshots:

Because Raccoon Rosalina. :3

Both Jigglypuff and Rosalina are confused at the situation.

An epic battle.

A nightmare looms over the galaxies.

The can be only one.

D

Deleted member 269706

Any good montages or competitive videos anyone would be willing to share with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom