• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I get the opportunity to play the Wii-U version tonight for a little while. Is there anything you guys would like me to test out with Rosalina?
See if her crouch still makes her dress do that completely nonsensical fold or if it actually obeys gravity and looks not-stupid.

Also in light of recent news, check if you can make Luma attack (not Star Bits, but you probably knew that) under the following conditions:
  • In hitstun
  • Immediately after being thrown
  • In helpless after Launch Star
  • When stunned after a shield break

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wow, she actually has pretty eyes. <3 If this is the final product we will be getting, then this is amazing! Sure, the Luma stand is...awkward, but I mean, that Rosalina design! :D

I neeeeeeed it. ;_;

From the things I heard:
Respawn timer
Can't attack while grabbed
Falcon punch's hitbox gets extended an extra four seconds if it hits Luma.
What?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I heard it from @IsmaR

Apparently, she got a kill off of Rosalina by falcon punching Luma, and then Rosalina walking into the hitbox?

I'm not sure really what happened. It sounds like hitboxes that cause Luma to tumble get a reward of having it last longer.

Granted, I'm not a competitive expert.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I heard it from @IsmaR

Apparently, she got a kill off of Rosalina by falcon punching Luma, and then Rosalina walking into the hitbox?

I'm not sure really what happened. It sounds like hitboxes that cause Luma to tumble get a reward of having it last longer.

But for 4 WHOLE seconds? That's an insane amount.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
But for 4 WHOLE seconds? That's an insane amount.
I'm pretty sure 4 seconds was hyperbole for the sake of humor. But it is true that when an attack connects, there's a certain amount of time known as hitlag where the move freezeframes for a moment and if someone else walks in during that time it hits them too. Since Luma can't shield or dodge, it can easily affect Rosalina.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It probably was, yeah. This game already has enough hitlag as it is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's nothing new, as I've seen it myself while fighting Master Core. Master Beast's bite attack will have hitlag upon hitting the Luma, which is very bad for Rosalina if she tries to dodge, instead of shield the hit.

otter

Smash Ace
I heard it from @IsmaR

this is normal, it happens with backround shyguys and destructable enviroments such as skyworld, luigis mansion, or castle siege.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She can't attack while being grabbed? That's what made her so great! I hope it isn't true....
When the patch comes out, can someone test these things? If this is true I will be extremely upset since getting rid of Luma makes her more vulnerable enough + the extended respawn timer is enough of a nerf to me. On 1v1, it feels like forever for Luma to respawn.
Yeah, can't believe they are really giving her nerfss. This is just nonesense!
When I get the patch, bye bye for most of my replays..

Wii U screen KO is in here.
Why not posting the entire video, man her screen ko was too fast for me to capture! Everytime I saw her screen ko I feel some how depressed but still hyped. I don''t know why...
Seems that the screen KOs are more realistic and the expressions are more vivid than the 3DS,and their places on the screen and the positions of their poses can be vary than the 3DS too. Rosalina's face seems to face more to the screen than on the 3DS version, and her face looks more astonish than she was during most of the E3 demo videos of her being screen KOed. Hope you can can get a more hilarious one than this after getting the Wii U version!
Here are the past screen kos of Rosalina for comparation:
E3:

E3 SSB Invitational:
IMG_20141116_094958.JPG

SDCC:

3DS:
RosalinaScreenKO.png

And the Wii U final version:
IMG_20141116_093922.JPG

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I discovered this video of an 8 player Rosalina match. It's...just as chaotic as you'd expect.

The chaotic energy generated by the kerfuffle of 8 Rosalinas summoned Nightmare to wreak havoc on the universe as we know it.

However, he was no match for them, so he was split into the universes under each one's gown, and they continued this illegal fight (Rosalina harem = Haram).

EDIT: If you think Rosalina is OP in Smash, wait until you see her in Mario Kart:

http://monochrome-miku.tumblr.com/post/102723665461/rosalinas-not-putting-up-with-your-crap-today

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
The chaotic energy generated by the kerfuffle of 8 Rosalinas summoned Nightmare to wreak havoc on the universe as we know it.

However, he was no match for them, so he was split into the universes under each one's gown, and they continued this illegal fight (Rosalina harem = Haram).

EDIT: If you think Rosalina is OP in Smash, wait until you see her in Mario Kart:

http://monochrome-miku.tumblr.com/post/102723665461/rosalinas-not-putting-up-with-your-crap-today
o_O

...what?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Holy smokes! :0

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Nice story you got there!
Here is a competitive guide about Rosalina made by Jtails! Even though Rosalina probably get nerfted, but she is still one of the toughest characters to fight with.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a bit of a story that I did up, based on the mechanic changes that Rosalina is facing...
  • Rosalina: Are you ready for our next battle Luma?
  • Luma: I'm ready mom! Let's do this, together!
  • Master Hand: Not so fast there Rosalina.
  • Rosalina: Is there a problem Master Hand?
  • Master Hand: I've been keeping track of your results in the Smash battles, and apparently I've been receiving complaints about you being too powerful.
  • Rosalina: That's quite odd. Is it because we've been winning a lot?
  • Master Hand: So I regret to inform you that you'll be losing some of your abilities from here on out.
  • Rosalina: But why? I don't feel that powerful.
  • Master Hand: The problem isn't about you, but it's about your partner, the Luma. It respawns too quickly, and it's acting like a security blanket for you whenever someone grabs you.
  • Luma: Are you kidding me?! Why should I be the one to suffer?!
  • Rosalina: Calm down Luma. There's no need to get upset.
  • Master Hand: Anyway, I want to see if you can adapt to the new changes that you're giving. Best of luck.
  • Luma: I'm worried mom.
  • Rosalina: Let's see how everything goes Luma.
  • *1 hour later, at the hospital*
  • Kirby: Hey Luma. Where's Rosalina?
  • Luma: Mom isn't feeling too good. Ever since Master Hand changed our skills, we just haven't been doing well in the Smash battles.
  • *inside Rosalina's room*
  • Rosalina: I don't know why this is happening to me. I feel like a sad excuse for a fighter now. I guess our success together was short-lived. Please forgive me for being such a poor mother to you Luma.
  • *Rosalina begins to cry*

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's a bit of a story that I did up, based on the mechanic changes that Rosalina is facing...
  • Rosalina: Are you ready for our next battle Luma?
  • Luma: I'm ready mom! Let's do this, together!
  • Master Hand: Not so fast there Rosalina.
  • Rosalina: Is there a problem Master Hand?
  • Master Hand: I've been keeping track of your results in the Smash battles, and apparently I've been receiving complaints about you being too powerful.
  • Rosalina: That's quite odd. Is it because we've been winning a lot?
  • Master Hand: So I regret to inform you that you'll be losing some of your abilities from here on out.
  • Rosalina: But why? I don't feel that powerful.
  • Master Hand: The problem isn't about you, but it's about your partner, the Luma. It respawns too quickly, and it's acting like a security blanket for you whenever someone grabs you.
  • Luma: Are you kidding me?! Why should I be the one to suffer?!
  • Rosalina: Calm down Luma. There's no need to get upset.
  • Master Hand: Anyway, I want to see if you can adapt to the new changes that you're giving. Best of luck.
  • Luma: I'm worried mom.
  • Rosalina: Let's see how everything goes Luma.
  • *1 hour later, at the hospital*
  • Kirby: Hey Luma. Where's Rosalina?
  • Luma: Mom isn't feeling too good. Ever since Master Hand changed our skills, we just haven't been doing well in the Smash battles.
  • *inside Rosalina's room*
  • Rosalina: I don't know why this is happening to me. I feel like a sad excuse for a fighter now. I guess our success together was short-lived. Please forgive me for being such a poor mother to you Luma.
  • *Rosalina begins to cry*
CUSRSE YOU MASTER HAND/SAKURAI!!!!
Little Mac: Ha! Guess I will get tough this time!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Go to near the end of the match, Luma clearly did an U-Tilt to Shulk the moment she got grabbed.
Is it a buffer, or....

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Anyone Else is happy about how Rosalina isn't a spam character anymore in MK8 as for now?
Because i feel so happy to finally , once again be basically the only Rosalina in the room lol (and yes that was Hipster-like , don't sue me -_-) The people who actually were not very fond of the character moved on to :4link:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anyone Else is happy about how Rosalina isn't a spam character anymore in MK8 as for now?
Because i feel so happy to finally , once again be basically the only Rosalina in the room lol (and yes that was Hipster-like , don't sue me -_-) The people who actually were not very fond of the character moved on to :4link:
I was sort of expecting that but I should count my blessings that they aren't that many Rosas marching on the parade. Honestly, I was suppose to be one of those few players who would play as her online like in Mario Kart 7 but I was surprised that more of them showed up on the radar. It was really unnecessary if you ask me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda liked seeing a harem of Rosalinas, but I can play as her still, so there is no problem.

She still seems popular though, I still at least have one fellow Rosalina to play with.

I think the abundance of Link players will die down after a while. It's just the initial rush. The DLC is brand new. Same thing will happen with Isabelle when the Animal Crossing DLC arrives next year.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I kinda liked seeing a harem of Rosalinas, but I can play as her still, so there is no problem.

She still seems popular though, I still at least have one fellow Rosalina to play with.

I think the abundance of Link players will die down after a while. It's just the initial rush. The DLC is brand new. Same thing will happen with Isabelle when the Animal Crossing DLC arrives next year.
You can totally say that about Tanooki Mario since it's not a secret that not only Link is in a favored Weight class , he also happens to be the only real and Popular character that came with the DLC , The other two are just gonna be the initial rush.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been absent from Mario Kart 8's online ever since Hyrule Warriors and Smash 3DS got released. The race rating system may have been improved to be less punishing to losing players, but I've just been so busy with Hyrule Warriors that I've never bothered to come back to Mario Kart 8's online.

Shame too, because I would like to take my main combo out for another spin again, and put those highly abused speed combos in their place...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The race rating system may have been improved to be less punishing to losing players, but I've just been so busy with Hyrule Warriors that I've never bothered to come back to Mario Kart 8's online.
Thank goodness the rating system is fixed. I honestly stopped caring about my VR because it was so broken. Now I can actually care and try to win 1st because the VR system is finally an incentive to do so. I'm sure people will try to get to 99,999 VR now.

EDIT: Double posted. Sorry.

So the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo is on the newly opened Amiibo website.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/COLN6qTF3vtu092ryqGvM0gsufIS9utf

Here's the description they provide:
"Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger."

Pretty good description.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

"Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger."

Pretty good description.

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Pretty good description.

Now THAT'S a description , a worthy one for a really good character so It's nice !

Btw...

:rosalina:
- ''Ok Wendy:4wendy:, Selfie Time! Let's make the best face! 3 , 2 , 1 Say Whooo!''

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Pretty good description.

Now that's what I call an awesome description! :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Who doesn't want to see Link riding a motorcycle instead of Epona?

Pretty good description.

Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger.
Or is she? We haven't even seen her really in danger before.

Wii U screen KO is in here.
Hm......many times I've seen it. How Rosalina SPLATS to the screen seems a bit unnatural, by seeing the gif laggy, she was supposed to be a bit downward before she crashes to the screen, but somehow still splats on the upper screen. If someone have the slow motion of this 60ps video please post it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hence the word, "seems". Rosalina might not get angry in any way, but she can still have a very concerned feeling if things are turning ugly.
Of course, she is still a human after all. This also reminds me of her appearance in Bowser Jr.'s trailer. It let us see how she reacts to a new challenger. She doesn't seem afraid nor angry. That's what I like her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Nintendo launched their Amiibo website, and most of the Amiibos have a description to go with each character. Here's Rosalina's:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Nintendo launched their Amiibo website, and most of the Amiibos have a description to go with each character. Here's Rosalina's:

You're a bit late there. @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku already mentioned this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina needs to be nerfed.
Your wish is being (theoretically) granted for certain. Other aspects of the patch in relation to Rosalina beyond extending Luma's respawn time have yet to be confirmed.

I think the more accurate statement would be "Ness needs a less gimmicky recovery", though... :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom