• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
So a guy found a thing.

If you let Luma fall offscreen, somehow you can make it teleport in front of you instead of dying. The video involves a lot of dair spam and I encountered the same glitch on For Glory earlier tonight while also using dair, so that may be a possible avenue of exploration, but brief stop in training mode left me unable to replicate it.
Same thing has happened to me and I don't why. Funny thing is, it was also on gerudo valley. But I'm usually there so maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it has to do with walls...

PS guys... I'm hoping it's easy to DACUS with the Wii U gamepad (no adapter for me yet) so I can show off Rosalina's asap. I'm hoping to make a thread on it. I think it's gonna be useful b/c Luma's dash attack probably won't cancel just like the boost grab. Which could end up maybe locking an opponent in place for Rosalina's up smash, or be a good way to deal with opponents trying to focus on just killing Luma, maybe even shield pressure, idk, just depends what it's like. Can't wait to see what more she can do

Also, saw iiGGY messing people up by using autocanceled nairs or bairs and shielding close to them. Couldn't help but laugh a little when his opponent ran in for the grab and Luma just twirled out of nowhere and hit them away
ohhh too good
I don't care about the unnecessary 4 second nerf or whatever, Wii U Rosalina will be godlike

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That reminds me of this Rosalina I saw someone made in Mugen. At the time, all she was in were Galaxy and MKWii, so they didn't have much to work with, but that did mean she had a badass move where she rams the opponent with a Shooting Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAWJVS61lLs

:awesome:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
We won Conquest! 77% of the points went to Rosalina against Olimar in the most recently-concluded round. Am I surprised? No. Am I proud? Yes. I contributed 24 points, which is 4 straight wins in the times available.

It's less of a thrashing compared to how much Team Link beat Luigi two rounds ago, but more than Team Ike beat Team Donkey Kong last round.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We won Conquest! 77% of the points went to Rosalina against Olimar in the most recently-concluded round. Am I surprised? No. Am I proud? Yes. I contributed 24 points, which is 4 straight wins in the times available.

It's less of a thrashing compared to how much Team Link beat Luigi two weeks ago, but more than Team Ike beat Team Donkey Kong last week.
The Rosalina nation will soon rise to glory!...

...on our next conquest...whenever that happens...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

It's less of a thrashing compared to how much Team Link beat Luigi two rounds ago, but more than Team Ike beat Team Donkey Kong last round.
Groovy! I didn't join the conquest because I didn't have time. So what item did you get from the conquest mode?
Apparently, I've been contradicting that bio, because I don't pair Rosalina with bikes at all. Of course, Prima tends to say many things anyway.
I've never seen prima guides, she may be have the biggest and baddest bikes on the track but she is still elegant and lightweight in Smash Bros.
The Rosalina nation one soon rise to glory!...

...on our next conquest...whenever that happens...
If Nintendo of America is going host a Wii U National Tournament, I'm sure Rosalina will dominate the bracket again!
And we are gonna get with probably one of the biggest update yet, prepare guys, save your replays.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her lightweight in Smash is only because of her essentially inhibiting herself with a constant low gravity effect. It's not to say she is literally light normally.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her lightweight in Smash is only because of her essentially inhibiting herself with a constant low gravity effect. It's not to say she is literally light normally.
Yeh, so that's why I said in Smash Bros she is fine to be light. She can be heavy in MK. I think it's pretty cool for her to be like this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I get the opportunity to play the Wii-U version tonight for a little while. Is there anything you guys would like me to test out with Rosalina?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I get the opportunity to play the Wii-U version tonight for a little while. Is there anything you guys would like me to test out with Rosalina?
D-air spike any easier with a C-Stick (seeing as you won't accidentally fast fall with it)?

And C-Stick shenanigans in general I guess. You should now be able to direct Luma's aerials while unlinked with much more ease because of the C-Stick.

I guess the main thing is "how much better does she feel to play"?

Also, if you can do her supposed DACUS and see how that goes, that would be great.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if you do get to try out the demo, you might not have enough time to fully try out Rosalina. Just keep that in mind if you plan on going.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
If you can, confirm if the luma respawntimer is like already mentioned around 13s, and also if you can count % on lumas HP that would be nice to see if thats been adjusted (from around 50% atm)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, the main idea should just be to have fun for yourself, either way. Don't feel pressured to try the things I listed. Game's almost out anyway.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gooooo Rosalina!!!!!
The next conquest is color match, I mistaken chose the Green team when I played as Toon Link, which team did you pick guys?
D-air spike any easier with a C-Stick (seeing as you won't accidentally fast fall with it)?

And C-Stick shenanigans in general I guess. You should now be able to direct Luma's aerials while unlinked with much more ease because of the C-Stick.

Also, if you can do her supposed DACUS and see how that goes, that would be great.
"Sigh" I feel awful of thinking that I can't get the game or even Wii U during the release. If I keep play the 3DS version, I'm afraid I might lose the touch of the Gamecube controls when I got the game next year one day.
And here is a Rosalina pic I saw recently, looks like it is not easy for being a mother huh?
262ef932ae71d95717f8aa779b494e0f.png

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That cooking drawing seems way more chaotic than what I would've envisioned.
There are good times, there are bad times, but it makes me wonder... Do you think Rosalina had some trouble like that when she was younger? She was only a kid when she left her planet, so it makes me think she lacked cooking skills at the time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There are good times, there are bad times, but it makes me wonder... Do you think Rosalina had some trouble like that when she was younger? She was only a kid when she left her planet, so it makes me think she lacked cooking skills at the time.
The meaning of this drawing is just a more realistic way to tell us that it is not easy of being a mother (Just look at what are the Lumas are doing! Rosalina didn't rage even though some of the Lumas are being naughty). I think she'll be fine making star bits cake, other cuisines I'm not so sure.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

If you can, confirm if the luma respawntimer is like already mentioned around 13s, and also if you can count % on lumas HP that would be nice to see if thats been adjusted (from around 50% atm)
We were forced to use wireless wii-u pro controllers, so I didn't get much experience with a proper c-stick. :/
So I didn't get to test out DACUS.
In smash4 fast-falls are canceled when you use aerials.
Luma respawn timer is indeed around 13 seconds. It's a pretty big difference.
I wasn't able to count % on Luma before she dies because she never died from reaching high percentage. >_> And I couldn't exactly sit there and test it or I would have.

Regardless, it feels WAY better even using the wii-u pro controller, and having a larger screen.

Also I could be wrong but it felt like her upsmash didn't kill as soon as on 3ds- this was against people that weren't vectoring correctly all the time, too. :|

I won the tournament they held though, so Rosalina rep. :p

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Groovy! I didn't join the conquest because I didn't have time. So what item did you get from the conquest mode?
Just a piece of equipment. Edge-Gripper Heels (increased grabbing range when trying to grab on to edges). Speed +40, Attack -30. Doubt I'll use it.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay so Rosalina's dress can still be a little bit glitchy since there are dress physics in the Wii U version.

From the Nintendo Direct that was months ago:

From the present (final version): Nair > Standing > Dash.

You can see her legs are much shorter than her 3DS counterpart. Making her legs visible out of her dress can be as simple as a Nair into the ground after being in a freefall animation. When this happened, her dress moved in a somewhat frantic fashion in order to correct itself to the right position. I really hope I don't encounter this often because seeing this slightly bothers me, just like how Peach has a void under her dress.

She needs a bit more polishing, just like the other characters (mainly those with dresses and/or long hair and maybe capes), but it can be done through updates to make it more stable.

-----------------------------

Side Post: Here's a very big, high quality picture of the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo. Click to make the picture bigger.

http://nintendoeverything.com/high-quality-photos-of-the-latest-amiibo-figures/

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We were forced to use wireless wii-u pro controllers, so I didn't get much experience with a proper c-stick. :/
So I didn't get to test out DACUS.
In smash4 fast-falls are canceled when you use aerials.
Luma respawn timer is indeed around 13 seconds. It's a pretty big difference.
I wasn't able to count % on Luma before she dies because she never died from reaching high percentage. >_> And I couldn't exactly sit there and test it or I would have.

Regardless, it feels WAY better even using the wii-u pro controller, and having a larger screen.

Also I could be wrong but it felt like her upsmash didn't kill as soon as on 3ds- this was against people that weren't vectoring correctly all the time, too. :|

I won the tournament they held though, so Rosalina rep. :p
Wow, so you are a Wii U pro main user? I will still use the Gamecube controller since I have been using it for ten years.
Congratulations of you winning the tournament! Which character did you use? Rosalina right?
Just a piece of equipment. Edge-Gripper Heels (increased grabbing range when trying to grab on to edges). Speed +40, Attack -30. Doubt I'll use it.
The conquest mode I won last time I only won 2000 coins. 囧<< A face of disappointment
You mean the Gluey Edge Pumps right? It sounds like the PAL version has different names for its equipment.
Some of the trophies' description of the PAL version different too. So it is not a big deal.
Okay so Rosalina's dress can still be a little bit glitchy since there are dress physics in the Wii U version.

You can see her legs are much shorter than her 3DS counterpart. Making her legs visible out of her dress can be as simple as a Nair into the ground after being in a freefall animation. When this happened, her dress moved in a somewhat frantic fashion in order to correct itself to the right position. I really hope I don't encounter this often because seeing this slightly bothers me, just like how Peach has a void under her dress.

She needs a bit more polishing, just like the other characters (mainly those with dresses and/or long hair and maybe capes), but it can be done through updates to make it more stable.

-----------------------------

Side Post: Here's a very big, high quality picture of the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo. Click to make the picture bigger.

http://nintendoeverything.com/high-quality-photos-of-the-latest-amiibo-figures/
It happens sometimes, and only a short time right? I really didn't notice this! Which direct did you saw it?
And the HQ pic of Rosalina amiibo look so cool, but it also looks a bit fragile, I'll might buy two Rosalina amiibos, one for collection, and one for battling.
And here is a little fun of making a fake Rosalina & Luma amiibo of combing the Luma from the SMG Mario capsule toy figure, I put it like this way ever since Rosalina was confirmed: Just for fun guys
IMG_20141115_192947.JPG

The old version, Rosalina looks a bit slim, and of course it is a toy, it is not detailed as the amiibo figure, but overall Rosalina's face still looks quite the same!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That sure has to be painful to see, especially if the legs haven't changed their appearance at all. Sadly, I feel like such animation errors might not be resolved so quickly.

Anyway, the lack of dress physics in Smash 3DS made such incidents less noticeable.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Seems to be quite a bit of nerfs for rosalina & luma then, hopefully she does get something that still makes her stronger with gccontrolsupport.
Grats to winning, we should have a list of regions where rosaluma has won tournaments, im working on adding sweden to that list when we get our first tournament :D

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wow, she actually has pretty eyes. <3 If this is the final product we will be getting, then this is amazing! Sure, the Luma stand is...awkward, but I mean, that Rosalina design! :D

I neeeeeeed it. ;_;

Does anyone have a full list of her nerfs? Thanks.
From the things I heard:
Respawn timer
Can't attack while grabbed
Falcon punch's hitbox gets extended an extra four seconds if it hits Luma.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
From the things I heard:
Respawn timer
Can't attack while grabbed
Falcon punch's hitbox gets extended an extra four seconds if it hits Luma.
She can't attack while being grabbed? That's what made her so great! I hope it isn't true....
When the patch comes out, can someone test these things? If this is true I will be extremely upset since getting rid of Luma makes her more vulnerable enough + the extended respawn timer is enough of a nerf to me. On 1v1, it feels like forever for Luma to respawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom