• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's a bit of a story that I did up, based on the mechanic changes that Rosalina is facing...
  • Rosalina: Are you ready for our next battle Luma?
  • Luma: I'm ready mom! Let's do this, together!
  • Master Hand: Not so fast there Rosalina.
  • Rosalina: Is there a problem Master Hand?
  • Master Hand: I've been keeping track of your results in the Smash battles, and apparently I've been receiving complaints about you being too powerful.
  • Rosalina: That's quite odd. Is it because we've been winning a lot?
  • Master Hand: So I regret to inform you that you'll be losing some of your abilities from here on out.
  • Rosalina: But why? I don't feel that powerful.
  • Master Hand: The problem isn't about you, but it's about your partner, the Luma. It respawns too quickly, and it's acting like a security blanket for you whenever someone grabs you.
  • Luma: Are you kidding me?! Why should I be the one to suffer?!
  • Rosalina: Calm down Luma. There's no need to get upset.
  • Master Hand: Anyway, I want to see if you can adapt to the new changes that you're giving. Best of luck.
  • Luma: I'm worried mom.
  • Rosalina: Let's see how everything goes Luma.
  • *1 hour later, at the hospital*
  • Kirby: Hey Luma. Where's Rosalina?
  • Luma: Mom isn't feeling too good. Ever since Master Hand changed our skills, we just haven't been doing well in the Smash battles.
  • *inside Rosalina's room*
  • Rosalina: I don't know why this is happening to me. I feel like a sad excuse for a fighter now. I guess our success together was short-lived. Please forgive me for being such a poor mother to you Luma.
  • *Rosalina begins to cry*
This makes me a little sad...
DON'T MAKE ME CRY!!! I can't handle this... SonicBrawler, Mario & Sonic Guy, don't make me all teary-eyed now...

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This makes me a little sad...

DON'T MAKE ME CRY!!! I can't handle this... SonicBrawler, Mario & Sonic Guy, don't make me all teary-eyed now...
Yeah.......what a sad story, just can't believe they are really going to make her weaker this time, but it is still a great stroy. Nice drawing too.

Recently I watch the Brawl in the Family ending video, this also makes me a bit sad for somehow (At he end for most). Rosalina only appears in two stories in this comic.
Are there any other Rosalina stories that makes you feel sad?

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The 3DS update is now live. Can someone test Rosalina's nerfs? Let's see if Luma can't attack while Rosalina's grabbed.

EDIT: I tested this out myself and LUMA CAN'T ATTACK WHILE ROSIE IS GRABBED.
Just wow... I hope C-Stick controls balance out this nerf.

EDIT: 2 I'll let someone else test this just to make sure.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The 3DS update is now live. Can someone test Rosalina's nerfs? Let's see if Luma can't attack while Rosalina's grabbed.

EDIT: I tested this out myself and LUMA CAN'T ATTACK WHILE ROSIE IS GRABBED.
Just wow... I hope C-Stick controls balance out this nerf.
Wait, what? Everyone else has been saying the opposite (even people who don't like the mechanic).

In fact, Rosalina & Luma overall seem to be buffed, with a lot to compensate for the small nerfs they have received.

I'll be able to check it all out myself in an hour and a half, but this is what I've been hearing all day.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Wait, what? Everyone else has been saying the opposite (even people who don't like the mechanic).

In fact, Rosalina & Luma overall seem to be buffed, with a lot to compensate for the small nerfs they have received.

I'll be able to check it all out myself in an hour and a half, but this is what I've been hearing all day.
Someone else should test it out just to make sure. I have been doing this with Lvl9 CPU's so it's better if someone else has 2 people. JTails said he was going to test this.

EDIT: I see that I was INCORRECT!! Thank goodness. I'm glad it's just the the respawn timer (and possibly stronger attacks).

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
We need to test GP on PAC MAN's Fire Hydrant, Pikachu's Thunder, and Duck Hunt's Frisbee (since it has the possibility of freezing). There's a lot to be tested.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Will you be updating the pictures as well with Wii U HD ones? I can volunteer my services for that as long as it still saves to the SD card.
I'll still be keeping the 3DS screenshots around. I can always put the Wii U screenshots right next to the 3DS screenshots if I have to, though I might have to post the Wii U screenshots in thumbnail format; I'll figure it out once the time finally comes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Someone else should test it out just to make sure. I have been doing this with Lvl9 CPU's so it's better if someone else has 2 people. JTails said he was going to test this.

EDIT: I see that I was INCORRECT!! Thank goodness. I'm glad it's just the the respawn timer (and possibly stronger attacks).
Well guys, I won't update this patch until I saved all of my replays.
For some users who wants to see the main patch thread is right here:http://smashboards.com/threads/community-patch-notes-v1-0-4.378404/

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, so I am overall happy with how the patch turned out. Good to see Rosalina make it out ok. <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some people will still consider these changes a nerf though, as there's now an actual reason for fighters to chase after the Luma.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Some people will still consider these changes a nerf though, as there's now an actual reason for fighters to chase after the Luma.
Well, I think no matter what other changes happened, the Luma respawn time was a decent sized nerfed. Overall, I do think because of it she was nerfed. However, it really isn't an extreme nerf by any means. Especially when other top tiers were nerfed and Rosalina did get notable buffs.

I'm glad that Sheik's and Greninja's up airs kill later now, they were so annoying to fight because of it. >.>

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I think no matter what other changes happened, the Luma respawn time was a decent sized nerfed. Overall, I do think because of it she was nerfed. However, it really isn't an extreme nerf by any means. Especially when other top tiers were nerfed and Rosalina did get notable buffs.

I'm glad that Sheik's and Greninja's up airs kill later now, they were so annoying to fight because of it. >.>
I still haven't downloaded the new patch, but I'm quite sure that I'll see all of this for myself in Smash Wii U.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I still haven't downloaded the new patch, but I'm quite sure that I'll see all of this for myself in Smash Wii U.
Me too, I might download it when I am back home.
So at whole Rosalina is still count as OP right? No matter what changes they did to Rosalina I'm sure we'll get used to as time goes by.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'm so glad Luma can still use smashes in the air and attack while Rosalina's grabbed. :3

Thank goodness the rating system is fixed. I honestly stopped caring about my VR because it was so broken. Now I can actually care and try to win 1st because the VR system is finally an incentive to do so. I'm sure people will try to get to 99,999 VR now.

EDIT: Double posted. Sorry.

So the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo is on the newly opened Amiibo website.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/COLN6qTF3vtu092ryqGvM0gsufIS9utf

Here's the description they provide:
"Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger."

Pretty good description.
That's a better description than the Play Nintendo one. :p

So it's officially called the Star Wand now? Nice. :T

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm so glad Luma can still use smashes in the air and attack while Rosalina's grabbed. :3

That's a better description than the Play Nintendo one. :p

So it's officially called the Star Wand now? Nice. :T
Is it me? Why luma looks a bit more realistic? And Luma seems to be more apart when jabbing?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can't tell if Lumas are organic or not. They look like they have skin and flesh.
No I mean, I feel like Lumas have more shiny details than before. I don't know if this is true or not. Probably it is just me.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I just found out that Rosalina no longer gains extra height when using Guardian Luma after a jump. The jump momentum is now slowed, like the other down-b moves she has. I'll assume this was a bug fix since it wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

Damage Output Changes:

Shooting Star Bit does 5% instead of 4%.

Floaty Star Bit does 3% at the beginning (close range), then 2% near the middle and end of its distance.

Launch Star Attack does 12% instead of 13% (does 6 hits instead of 7).

Power Luma Shot (uncharged) does 4% instead of 3%. Also hitting twice with an uncharged shot does 7% in the Test Room or Training (3% second hit), but since it stales the second time in regular battles, it's 6% (2% second hit). I don't know if this matters or not, but it's something I noticed. Okay, so in Test Mode, the damage is 4%, but in training / regular battle, it's 3%. What's up with that? There's some weird damage outputs going on with the Sandbag. Anyways, the damage percent has not changed in battle, it's still 3%.

In the Miscellaneous Attacks, I don't think you listed Rosalina & Luma's floor attack / getup attack.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I just found out that Rosalina no longer gains extra height when using Guardian Luma after a jump. The jump momentum is now slowed, like the other down-b moves she has. I'll assume this was a bug fix since it wasn't intended to happen in the first place.

Damage Output Changes:

Floaty Star Bit does 3% at the beginning (close range), then 2% near the middle and end of its distance.

Power Luma Shot (uncharged) does 4% instead of 3%. Also hitting twice with an uncharged shot does 7% instead of 8% (if done right after), however, the sandbag during Test Mode shows 4% as its being hit, even when it's actually 3%. The uncharged shot also fluctuates between 4% and 3% if hit consecutively (not sure why that happens). Since this was tested in the Customs Test Room, the staleness of the move (second hit) in battle would be reduced from 3% to 2%, again, uncharged.

In the Miscellaneous Attacks, I don't think you listed Rosalina & Luma's floor attack / getup attack.
Hm..only slight changes may make a big difference. Perhaps I have to try it all in actual gameplay to see if Rosalina is really nerfed or buffed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Damage Output Changes:

Power Luma Shot (uncharged) does 4% instead of 3%. Also hitting twice with an uncharged shot does 7% in the Test Room or Training (3% second hit), but since it stales the second time in regular battles, it's 6% (2% second hit). I don't know if this matters or not, but it's something I noticed. Okay, so in Test Mode, the damage is 4%, but in training / regular battle, it's 3%. What's up with that? There's some weird damage outputs going on with the Sandbag. Anyways, the damage percent has not changed in battle, it's still 3%.

The floor attack, I could never really get the amount of damage it dealt in Smash 3DS's Training mode. This required me to have Mario next to Rosalina when she did it, and obviously, getting the CPU to cooperate is not easy. I'll be sure to get it for the Wii U version.

Anyway, in terms of the damage output changes, using Sandbag is not the best option, as it tends to take more damage than a typical fighter. I'd recommend using Mario to get the damage outputs.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The floor attack, I could never really get the amount of damage it dealt in Smash 3DS's Training mode. This required me to have Mario next to Rosalina when she did it, and obviously, getting the CPU to cooperate is not easy. I'll be sure to get it for the Wii U version.

Anyway, in terms of the damage output changes, using Sandbag is not the best option, as it tends to take more damage than a typical fighter. I'd recommend using Mario to get the damage outputs.
I did test it on Mario too. What I said above is still applies and the percents are correct, just ignore Floaty Star Bit & Power Luma Shot (those have gone unchanged).

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I want to share a few of my favourite replays before updating to the latest version and them becoming null. (Please forgive the quality).

First, a winning KO that had me laughing; shows what you get for bullying Luma.
http://www.gfycat.com/YellowishPhysicalGrub

Second, here's a display of how handy Luma can be. Great stuff happens even by accident.
http://www.gfycat.com/LastingNeatDalmatian

Finally, a very close end that stopped at the best possible time.
http://www.gfycat.com/AnimatedActiveBorzoi

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Try Mute City, non-Omega, and fall on the track such that you land next to Mario?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did test it on Mario too. What I said above is still applies and the percents are correct, just ignore Floaty Star Bit & Power Luma Shot (those have gone unchanged).
Shooting Star Bit apparently deals either 4% or 5% damage, but it does depend on how far away the Star Bit is from the Luma.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I recently had a cool, weird dream about multiple games rolled into one. It was One Unlimited World Red (how characters played), Hyrule Warriors (the overall tone), and a bit of the Mario Universe combined.

Okay, so I was in Peach's Garden and it had a bunch of enemies from Hyrule Warriors that had Flame Throwers (or Fire Rods) which was really intimidating, and they were burning the garden's metal gates to get to another territory and take it over. I was playing as all the characters from One Piece by being able to switch between them freely and play as whoever I want (I was playing as Luffy the most of time). I was inside a giant gazebo (that was reminiscent of Peach's Castle) defeating a bunch of enemies inside. When I took over the territory, I saw on the map that the enemies with flame throwers were gonna burn down a gate to get to reach my base, so I decided to switch to another character who was close to the enemies, and guess who I switched to? ROSALINA (from SSB Wii U to be specific)! I was shocked to find Rosalina as a playable character, and she was also really tall!! She is the third tallest (7'7), only shorter than Franky and Brook (7'10 & 9'1 respectively) and she even had her moves from SSB4 (even down to her walk animation in SSB Wii U!). Anyways, when I switched to Rosalina, I found out that my teammates had taken care of the flame thrower enemies and the battle was over, however, before it ended, I was able to open a few chests by hitting them with jab and got Rupees from them. I jumped and walked around before I got to the results screen, but it turns out when I was about to get to the results screen, I woke up.

I wished there was more to the dream, but it was short-lived. Still cool to me though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"CHIIIIKOOOO BOOOOYS."

I want to share a few of my favourite replays before updating to the latest version and them becoming null. (Please forgive the quality).

First, a winning KO that had me laughing; shows what you get for bullying Luma.
http://www.gfycat.com/YellowishPhysicalGrub

Second, here's a display of how handy Luma can be. Great stuff happens even by accident.
http://www.gfycat.com/LastingNeatDalmatian

Finally, a very close end that stopped at the best possible time.
http://www.gfycat.com/AnimatedActiveBorzoi
That last one ended on the perfect frame:

---------------------------------

I looked up the meaning of the name "Chiko" (Luma's Japanese name), and LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

MY HEART. ;___;

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently had a cool, weird dream about multiple games rolled into one. It was One Unlimited World Red (how characters played), Hyrule Warriors (the overall tone), and a bit of the Mario Universe combined.

Okay, so I was in Peach's Garden and it had a bunch of enemies from Hyrule Warriors that had Flame Throwers (or Fire Rods) which was really intimidating, and they were burning the garden's metal gates to get to another territory and take it over. I was playing as all the characters from One Piece by being able to switch between them freely and play as whoever I want (I was playing as Luffy the most of time). I was inside a giant gazebo (that was reminiscent of Peach's Castle) defeating a bunch of enemies inside. When I took over the territory, I saw on the map that the enemies with flame throwers were gonna burn down a gate to get to reach my base, so I decided to switch to another character who was close to the enemies, and guess who I switched to? ROSALINA (from SSB Wii U to be specific)! I was shocked to find Rosalina as a playable character, and she was also really tall!! She is the third tallest (7'7), only shorter than Franky and Brook (7'10 & 9'1 respectively) and she even had her moves from SSB4 (even down to her walk animation in SSB Wii U!). Anyways, when I switched to Rosalina, I found out that my teammates had taken care of the flame thrower enemies and the battle was over, however, before it ended, I was able to open a few chests by hitting them with jab and got Rupees from them. I jumped and walked around before I got to the results screen, but it turns out when I was about to get to the results screen, I woke up.

I wished there was more to the dream, but it was short-lived. Still cool to me though.
Wow, now that's one dramatic dream you got there!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
You know... I have a plushie Rilakkuma named Chiko... He was named before Super Mario Galaxy came out.

I love my sweet little Chiko! He's so adorable! When I get older, I hope that he makes another child happy, like he made me. :) <3

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know... I have a plushie Rilakkuma named Chiko... He was named before Super Mario Galaxy came out.

I love my sweet little Chiko! He's so adorable! When I get older, I hope that he makes another child happy, like he made me. :) <3
Wii U version is coming out out soon, hope you post screenshots here as soon as you get the game! ( I might have to wait next year to buy Wii U, I so want to play the game!)
Oh yeah and guys, I checked the conquest mode results recently. I noticed that I didn't have the results of Rosalina vs Olimar, why I didn't recive the result? Is it that you didn't check a conquest, you won't recieve that conquest's results?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I'm enjoying the game and Rosalina is as great as ever. Anyone else notice she seems to play like pre-1.0.4?

Anyway, I also found a tip, it was talking about Luma colors and it mentioned Polari! Unfortunately, it went by a little too fast. >.>

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
If anyone was wondering..you unlock the Comet Observatory Remix by playing Master Orders with Rosalina and Luma...sorry if this has already been posted :)

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Hi everyone.

I know it seems like I'm new here but I actually registered on these forums a long time ago. I'm a huge Rosamama fan and I'm trying to learn how to play her, coming off being a Donkey Kong main since the N64 days. I think I'm kind of bad at competitive Smash in general, but I'm willing to learn. I'm mainly a Street Fighter player. I just thought with the release of the new game I'd come back here to get into the swing of things.

I posted a thread talking about how I need help with my Rosalina, anyone care to give me advice?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

Do think it would be possible for Lima to get a little head sprite like Rosalina:rosalina:

I mean if :substitute: Can get one, then I think Lima should.

And who is in charge of that stuff anyway?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy

Do think it would be possible for Lima to get a little head sprite like Rosalina:rosalina:

I mean if :substitute: Can get one, then I think Lima should.

And who is in charge of that stuff anyway?

She looks so happy for her baby!
Uh hello guys I know you guys are having fun with the Wii U but I need help here, I check my conquest mode results. I didn't see the results of Olimar vs Rosalina conquest. Why it just skip to Toon Link conquest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom