• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's alright. Amiibos don't really do much interesting things at the moment
Well, having a figurine of Rosalina would be awesome. Not only that, but the fact is that the interesting thing about amiibos is how they are compatible with multiple games. Who knows what Rosalina's amiibo could do.

I'm personally really disappointed if she is sold out. :(

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You'd kind of need a Rosalina Amiibo if you want to properly train any Amiibo as Rosalina too. The others seem to get confused by the fact that you have a disjointed hitbox in Luma, and might try to attack opponents well before they are nearby.

I'm loving my Yoshi Amiibo I bought yesterday, though. He's got plenty of games he's confirmed to work with too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm glad the Rosalina Amiibo has be preordered.

Also, regarding the movie. Look at other films made by this guy, I doubt this is someone who would make an animated film. I don't see this ending well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After seeing the atrociousness of that Super Mario Bros. movie, one thing is pretty much certain. Mario movies should never be live-action.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Guys, I was wondering, I saw somebody do an aerial with luma while letting go of the stage, the rosalina Up B'd and his luma did an aerial, can somebody link me to a topic or explain to me how it works?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, I was wondering, I saw somebody do an aerial with luma while letting go of the stage, the rosalina Up B'd and his luma did an aerial, can somebody link me to a topic or explain to me how it works?
Luma can use his aerials when Rosalina is in her helpless fall after her Up B, if that is the thing you are confused about.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hey, umm... Over on the Ness boards we're currently discussing Rosalina vs Ness. We would really like it if anyone would like to come over and contribute, and if you want to, feel free to invite us over if you will be discussing this matchup over here.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
What I'm about to say sounds kinda dumb at first, but it makes some sense when you look at it from past perspectives...
I think Peach may have a good matchup with Rosalina & Luma (maybe 50/50 or 40/60). Lately, when I go against Rosa mains, I tend to win with Peach most of the time, and it got me thinking how Peach was notoriously known for winning Ice Climber matches since it was heavily in her favor. Although Ice Climbers are not the same as Rosalina & Luma, at a basic standpoint, they share some similarities. So with a basic view in mind, it would seem that Rosalina & Luma could be at a slight disadvantage against Peach, but only ever so slightly. Now to me, the disadvantage is pretty much none existent and I feel it's up to the player skill instead.

This is one example of Peach VS Rosalina:
Has this been added to the gameplay thread? Just wondering. Also, I know we are not discussing Peach in the new matchup thread, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

One more thing. Peach Bomber can be a real threat to knock Luma offstage (even if you shield), so be careful and punish it if you can.

EDIT: How I rate the matchup between RosaLuma & Peach.
Rosalina & Luma VS Peach - 60/40
Rosalina VS Peach - 40/60
End result evens out to 50/50 for me. I'll talk in depth when it's time for that in the matchup thread.

Last edited:

Luigified531

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigified531
3DS FC
1161-0514-1880
Hey, I've been stalking this topic for, like, 3 weeks, and read through most of it. I just made an account, and I really want to have Rosalina as my 2nd main... But I'm not very good at her yet. So just dropping by!
(Btw, anyone hear the rumors of an animated Mario movie? I saw someone say something about the live-action atrocity, but I think an animated movie would be awesome! I could see Rosalina playing a heavy hand in that movie, too.)
Anyway, thanks! Hope to hear from you guys again, this board is really interesting... And gets pretty funny sometimes. ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have specific trouble with Peach at all, for multiple reasons, and she was hit hard by the patch compared to Rosalina. I once beat a player who was way more skilled than me in general when he was using Peach. I haven't really fought her in a while though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What I'm about to say sounds kinda dumb at first, but it makes some sense when you look at it from past perspectives...
I think Peach may have a good matchup with Rosalina & Luma (maybe 50/50 or 40/60). Lately, when I go against Rosa mains, I tend to win with Peach most of the time, and it got me thinking how Peach was notoriously known for winning Ice Climber matches since it was heavily in her favor. Although Ice Climbers are not the same as Rosalina & Luma, at a basic standpoint, they share some similarities. So with a basic view in mind, it would seem that Rosalina & Luma could be at a slight disadvantage against Peach, but only ever so slightly. Now to me, the disadvantage is pretty much none existent and I feel it's up to the player skill instead.

This is one example of Peach VS Rosalina:
Has this been added to the gameplay thread? Just wondering. Also, I know we are not discussing Peach in the new matchup thread, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

One more thing. Peach Bomber can be a real threat to knock Luma offstage (even if you shield), so be careful and punish it if you can.

EDIT: How I rate the matchup between RosaLuma & Peach.
Rosalina & Luma VS Peach - 60/40
Rosalina VS Peach - 40/60
End result evens out to 50/50 for me. I'll talk in depth when it's time for that in the matchup thread.
Peach has more powerful air attacks than before, and she also has quicker attacks too. Peach is now more stronger than before, just look how powerful that Peach was in the video.
As a Peach main you really can't wait of talking about her matchup agaist Rosalina right @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku ?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It turns out that default Star Bits cannot be reflected or absorbed. They're more of a physical disjoint than anything else. Floaty Star Bit and Shooting Star Bit are proper projectiles and can also be absorbed by Ness and Mr. Game & Watch.

So people like myself who were wondering what was the point of default Star Bits, there's the answer.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It turns out that default Star Bits cannot be reflected or absorbed. They're more of a physical disjoint than anything else. Floaty Star Bit and Shooting Star Bit are proper projectiles and can also be absorbed by Ness and Mr. Game & Watch.

So people like myself who were wondering what was the point of default Star Bits, there's the answer.
Well they've always had a point. They are a great poke move and are actually lightly spammable if you catch people properly. Also good for setting up for Side Smash attacks.

Sorry for the double post, but I felt this was important for the US users here.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...sive-rosalina-amiibo-sold-out-in-record-time/

WELL ****.

It seems everyone wants a space goddess waifu.

That, or she is criminally understocked at Target.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sorry for the double post, but I felt this was important for the US users here.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...sive-rosalina-amiibo-sold-out-in-record-time/

WELL ****.

It seems everyone wants a space goddess waifu.

That, or she is criminally understocked at Target.
We already knew about that, and apparently, Target is doing something to find more or whatever they said. Hopefully it is after christmas. And my mom is with me to buy it. Because I'll certainly be sad if I can't get a Rosie Amiibo.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the concept of Amiibos. If I can't even wait a day to be able to buy something, then there is a huge problem. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We already knew about that, and apparently, Target is doing something to find more or whatever they said. Hopefully it is after christmas. And my mom is with me to buy it. Because I'll certainly be sad if I can't get a Rosie Amiibo.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the concept of Amiibos. If I can't even wait a day to be able to buy something, then there is a huge problem. :/
No, this article is from today. Pre-orders actually legit opened last night for it. But it sold out in 35 minutes. People have already reported that they have paid for the thing.

The last time, nobody had paid for it, it was simply the pre-order button going up early and returning errors.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
No, this article is from today. Pre-orders actually legit opened last night for it. But it sold out in 35 minutes. People have already reported that they have paid for the thing.

The last time, nobody had paid for it, it was simply the pre-order button going up early and returning errors.
...Huh? What?

Seriously? Why? That's really depressing...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I would say, even though i havent played rosaluma vs peach matchup, i cant see peach beating rosaluma in a similar way that peach does to ice climbers in melee. All the weaknesses ICs have or strenghts peach have are nonfactors. I cant see a peach aproach a good rosamain, and im not sure but stiches might be hard for peach to use too. Ill show what i mean if i ever get to face a peach in tournament :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Good find there. I'll have to update the complete coverage thread with that information.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://i.imgur.com/TnyGAsF.gifv

This sums up the Rosalina Amiibo fiasco pretty well.

EDIT: The Rosalina Amiibo situation is so bad that a stickied Mega Thread had to be made in the Amiibo subreddit especially for her, being the most prominent thread right now :
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2pkj0e/rosalina_megathread/
This whole rosalina situation is even worse. Now we have a whole bunch of people eyeing her availability like a hawk. How am I suppose to compete with all of this? >.>

C3CC

Smash Lord
Every time someone calls her Rosaluma my ears die a little. I already hate she's called "Rosalina & Luma" because I feel that Luma kind of steals the spotlight and makes her have to share it with him, even when it makes absolute sense.

Oh and I also found this. Apparently, it's official.

And there's also this one for the whole Mario cast:

She's officially part of the main gang now. Well, she's been since she appeared as playable in Super Mario 3D World, but you get my point.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Every time someone calls her Rosaluma my ears die a little. I already hate she's called "Rosalina & Luma" because I feel that Luma kind of steals the spotlight and makes her have to share it with him, even when it makes absolute sense.

She's officially part of the main gang now. Well, she's been since she appeared as playable in Super Mario 3D World, but you get my point.
Hum......probably it is just an entertainment artwork.
She still has the same expression as she was in SM3DW.
And heres Peach.....kind of weird that she wears a blue bra intead of pink and her earings changed to shells.

And heres Daisy, just wondering....why Mariowiki dosen't have a full poster of this? And of course we are all wondering why are they mermaids. So ahain I guess this is just a Mario misc styke art.
Are there any themes that you guys want the Princesses be?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think Rosalina got the better end of the deal in becoming a mermaid. Those blue shell bras on Peach and Daisy are a little off putting, (Peach more then Daisy), while Rosalina's fits quite nicely.

Also, I'm glad Lumas being around Rosalina is become a more consistent thing. They are adorable together. :3

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
In a time of need, let's remember this date as the one-year anniversary of Rosalina's reveal as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. and this glorious trailer:

Who else remembers their feelings on that faithful day? It sure was beautiful. The corresponding Miiverse post is currently the second-most yeah'd content in the Director's Room, behind only this one. I'll never forget when I saw the screenshots and promotional poster for the first time, as well.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah today is the anniversary of Rosalina's confirmation. It's too bad that it happened before Yoshi, Diddy, and Wario were confirmed, as it would've been nice to see their faces in her trailer as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hum......probably it is just an entertainment artwork.
She still has the same expression as she was in SM3DW.
And heres Peach.....kind of weird that she wears a blue bra intead of pink and her earings changed to shells.

And heres Daisy, just wondering....why Mariowiki dosen't have a full poster of this? And of course we are all wondering why are they mermaids. So ahain I guess this is just a Mario misc styke art.
Are there any themes that you guys want the Princesses be?
There was never any doubt that she was part of the main cast if the past year is anything to go by, but I feel this solidifies it.

I've always loved how Rosalina looks in the 3D World/Classic Mario artstyle (it's why I can't bring myself to change my 3DS theme), and I really hope Nintendo make more artwork of her in that style. In fact, I love that artstyle in general.

Also, to those people who say Rosalina has a flat chest compared to the other two, I will show them this image from now on, alongside various screenshots of games that I have. It only makes sense that she has more mature features overall, she is a mother. :V

And that image makes it smaller compared to 3D models of the characters.

In a time of need, let's remember this date as the one-year anniversary of Rosalina's reveal as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. and this glorious trailer:

Who else remembers their feelings on that faithful day? It sure was beautiful. The corresponding Miiverse post is currently the second-most yeah'd content in the Director's Room, behind only this one. I'll never forget when I saw the screenshots and promotional poster for the first time, as well.

My, how the time flies. I didn't even realise!

But yeah, her reveal was amazing. I distinctly remember being in college, with the Nintendo Direct happening much earlier than it normally would. It was a Wednesday, and on Wednesday's, I'm in until 5 o'clock. I had pretty much wrapped up all of my assignments and was just browsing. My friend was doing the same, and suddenly poked me. He told me about some Zelda-Dynasty Warriors crossover that he just read had been announced (this was when I knew there was a Nintendo Direct). On the page, I also saw talk of Yoshi's Island DLC for Sonic Lost World too. So it sounded like a really cool Direct.

Curiosity/excitement got the better of me, and I decided to visit the Smash Bros website just to see if any new Smash news had come from the Direct. I was expecting a simple veteran reveal as we had seen with Luigi and Sonic in previous Directs, or a more obviously anticipated newcomer like Palutena or even Pac-Man.

But then the first thing I saw when I loaded up the page was:

And I internally lost my ****.

I spent the whole agonising bus journey wondering how she would play and what her trailer would be like.

I then got home to find that the headsets I had one from a Rayman Legends competition had arrived in the post. Perfect, as I used them to watch the Nintendo Direct.

Lots of cool announcements, but it went on for a while without any Rosalina. I was actually beginning to think that maybe I was day dreaming, or maybe my brief glimpse of the newcomer banner was my imagination, and that she was merely revealed as a stage boss/assist or something (she could totally have fit that bill if not playable, since she is basically Mario's equivalent to god - and none of the extremely faulty and defiant points brought up in a certain other thread will convince me otherwise).

Then that trailer came up and even I was briefly fooled by how it opened. And then Luma came, and he was so adorable with Kirby. But then Rosalina herself came down, and AAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S HAPPENING AND SHE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL.

The trailer then continued to demonstrate who I still believe to be the most unique character this series has ever seen, and it got me so pumped. The entire thing pretty much put to rest any negative feelings I was having for the game at the time (I was disappointed by the reveal of there being no story mode), and I was so pumped. And if that wasn't enough, they followed up by giving her an MK8 trailer, complete with her beautiful and sexy biker suit.

In fact, Rosalina was the reason I joined this very website! As you can see, I joined right after the holiday season last year! Rosalina's reveal led me here, and I was extremely happy to see so many people loved her as much as I do!

And she remains the most fun and interesting character to use in this game for me, and I highly doubt she will be topped. After all, she was my most wanted character in general, and I have wanted her in Smash since before Brawl came out.

Also, how did you find out what Miiverse posts were the most Yeah'd in the Director's Room? Not that I don't believe it, but I can't find out where that information comes from.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

My favorite part of this is how Rosalina's bra is a shortened version of her regular gown.

Also, has it really been a year since her confirmation? Well, as long as we're reminiscing...

I had heard that there was a Nintendo Direct that day, so naturally, I was pretty excited. I saw the pic of the day before Rosalina's trailer went up:

"N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't want to miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?"

Aw yesssss, we're getting a newcomer today.

I wasn't able to watch it that day, so I watched the trailers individually.

Hyrule Warriors? That looks pretty cool. Oh, the babies are back for Mario Kart. Ho-hum... but at least Rosalina's back!

OK, here we go! Smash Bros!

What's that Luma doing there? ...WAIT.

YES. YES. AW YES.

And that was the first time I squealed from hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom