• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice perspective indeed.
Though her right arm violates that perspective and her shoulders are completely bare.
Really, her dress usually barely covers her shoulders, but in over half of the fan arts it falls down unveiling her shoulders and usually her breasts too.
I'm definitely a little too upset in this kind of things.
I'm not all that surprised with why people would make such Rosalina drawings. It does start to go too far once you start seeing breast buffs and underwear exposure though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not all that surprised with why people would make such Rosalina drawings. It does start to go too far once you start seeing breast buffs and underwear exposure though.
Hm....I mention that I don't appeal these kinds much,but there's one of it kind that I think Rosalina is totally rad but gorgeous.(Don't worry, it is close to what you have mentioned, but it is not that NSFW)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really don't mind how people portray Rosalina in their art, as long as it's not completely out of character (though even that's fine if the art is supposed to be parody in good fun).

Won't deny that I'm a huge fan of risqué art of her either, but I do have standards for that too - basically as long as it's relatively tasteful and the actual drawings are well done.

Ideally, everyone would draw her with her actual body type (MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE IS MAKING HER SHORTER THAN PEACH OR EVEN MARIO WITHOUT CONTEXT LIKE NO PLEASE SHE'S AN AMAZON) and more or less in character, but at the same time, different people interpret different things from the character, so not everyone is gonna portray her the same way.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least the Lumas can come in different sizes, so it would be fine for one Luma to only be as big as Kirby, while another is as big as an Excadrill. Likewise, some Lumas can even be as massive as Ridley or Groudon.

Anyway, it tends to be very odd whenever people draw Rosalina to be the same size as Peach and Daisy. I mean, Rosalina is about as tall as Waluigi, so she should really be outsizing Peach and Daisy.

Also, there are some Rosalina drawings that are just plain disturbing to look at. Me, I have a liking for Rosalina drawings that depict her with a small nose, are not too mature-looking, and do their best to stay true to her personality.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ugh, I have been getting WRECKED by Ganondorf lately...I don't understand, no one else is giving me as much trouble as Ganon, what tips do you guys have?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Be patient, but that's solid Rosalina advice in general. Ganondorf thrives off of getting stray hits in since he hits so hard, so don't take risks and play it safe. He doesn't have much in the way of fast moves so jab and tilts can beat most of what he tries. You'll probably lose Luma before long just from having it hit offstage, but don't fret too much.

Utilt/uair beat dair and Wizard's Foot, so go for juggles if you can. (Again, solid Rosalina advice in general, few characters can challenge her utilt/uair.) Star Bits are a good disruption tool, Floaty Star Bit shuts down the immediate area, Shooting Star Bit is long range damage. Take your pick.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ugh, I have been getting WRECKED by Ganondorf lately...I don't understand, no one else is giving me as much trouble as Ganon, what tips do you guys have?
Don't get hit.

That's basically all you need to do to win against Ganondorf as any character. Play hit and run if you have to.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Pro tip: Hit the enemy until he dies.
Even more pro tip: Kill the enemy before he kills you.
Seriously, this is not like I can say much with such tiny informations, though usually you will want to use Luma to control space a lot in this match-up, and don't get hit for any reason, Ganon deals at least 13% with any attack but the Jab, the throws(but the FThrow), and the individual hits of DSmash and Nair, considering he also that Rosalina's Launch Star has no hitboxes, in case Luma dies and he Sparta kicks you at the ledge at percentages as low as 40% you better read his edgeguard or you will die faster than you can say "Jolt Haymaker".
His Volcano kick is no more a joke thanks to the new mechanics.
Not only it is faster, as strong as his Melee self, with absurd range in both the vacuum and the explosion, and istantly breacks shields, but is also buffed by the 22 frame landing lag on air dodges and lack of invincibility frames when planking.
Also, his Warlock Punch can hit you out of ledge attack and floor attacks.
All of his smashes and the afermentioned Volcano Kick also K.O. at pretty early percentages, nearly always below 100%, it doesn't help that she is the fourth lightest character in the game, so watch out for them.
Most important, keep both eyes for his Bair.
It is a fast move for Ganon, but has a somewhat high hitbox, too bad Rosalina is so tall that he can hit her in a short hop, and it autocancels, and if it doesn't autocancel it has little ending lag other than having little start-up; it also deals 17% and has absurd knockback, surpassing his forward aerial, and apparently has the strongest knockback among the bairs, and, as it wasn't enough, Rosalina travels one of the shortest distances when trumped.
Tl;dr:Don't let him read you, he reads you, you won't even have the time of saiyng "Oh, it's just Gan..." before getting twostocked, you don't let him read you, and you will survive. That is essentially how Gannon works.
Forgot to mention: his Dash Attack has super armor and can tank the hit you space if you aren't careful, Wizard Foot ignores most weak, non-trascendent projectiles, so don't use star bits if you are in the wizkick's range, and don't take the habit of punishing everything he does in the endlag or he will bait an attack with an USmash and punish hard.
Needless to mention, since all of his attack have high damage, they might outpower non-trascendent attacks, it's not something to forget.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have played against a Ganondorf user with Rosalina before (it was a friend battle with customizations though), and all I can say is that aerial Wizard's Foot counters Rosalina's up tilt AND up smash. Do NOT try to counter aerial Wizard's Foot, but instead, dodge it, and then punish Ganondorf while he's vulnerable.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I have played against a Ganondorf user with Rosalina before (it was a friend battle with customizations though), and all I can say is that aerial Wizard's Foot counters Rosalina's up tilt AND up smash. Do NOT try to counter aerial Wizard's Foot, but instead, dodge it, and then punish Ganondorf while he's vulnerable.
I could have sworn utilt/uair beat Wizard's Foot. I mean, disjoint, plus I know for a fact they beat Falcon Kick. I also know usmash has partial invincibility but I'm unfamiliar with the details.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I finally found another Rosalina player in For Glory. We had some mirror matches, and I lost most of 'em. :T

Is there anything I should know in case I run into another Rosalina again?

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I swear Rosalina is the most fun character to use in Smash 4. Juggling enemies and making the stage become a Pong game between Rosalina and Luma is just too fun and hilarious. I love this character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I swear Rosalina is the most fun character to use in Smash 4. Juggling enemies and making the stage become a Pong game between Rosalina and Luma is just too fun and hilarious. I love this character.
Yeah. If you gave me Brawl except it just had Rosalina & Luma slapped in too, it'd immediately make it 10 times more fun to me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Merry Chrismast <3 like i said months ago , I am not death yet lol. A little present that many already know , but i loved it when i got it so i may as well shared it as a Memory ...

Ive beat aerial Wizards Foot with UTilt and UAir before
At least the Lumas can come in different sizes, so it would be fine for one Luma to only be as big as Kirby, while another is as big as an Excadrill. Likewise, some Lumas can even be as massive as Ridley or Groudon.

Anyway, it tends to be very odd whenever people draw Rosalina to be the same size as Peach and Daisy. I mean, Rosalina is about as tall as Waluigi, so she should really be outsizing Peach and Daisy.

Also, there are some Rosalina drawings that are just plain disturbing to look at. Me, I have a liking for Rosalina drawings that depict her with a small nose, are not too mature-looking, and do their best to stay true to her personality.
How old is Rosalina supposed to be anyway? Ive never played the Galaxy series (not gonna lie I just love her because blue. Playing as her in 3D land/world/w/e is really fun and shes great in Mario Kart)

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Pro tip: Hit the enemy until he dies.
Even more pro tip: Kill the enemy before he kills you.
Seriously, this is not like I can say much with such tiny informations, though usually you will want to use Luma to control space a lot in this match-up, and don't get hit for any reason, Ganon deals at least 13% with any attack but the Jab, the throws(but the FThrow), and the individual hits of DSmash and Nair, considering he also that Rosalina's Launch Star has no hitboxes, in case Luma dies and he Sparta kicks you at the ledge at percentages as low as 40% you better read his edgeguard or you will die faster than you can say "Jolt Haymaker".
His Volcano kick is no more a joke thanks to the new mechanics.
Not only it is faster, as strong as his Melee self, with absurd range in both the vacuum and the explosion, and istantly breacks shields, but is also buffed by the 22 frame landing lag on air dodges and lack of invincibility frames when planking.
Also, his Warlock Punch can hit you out of ledge attack and floor attacks.
All of his smashes and the afermentioned Volcano Kick also K.O. at pretty early percentages, nearly always below 100%, it doesn't help that she is the fourth lightest character in the game, so watch out for them.
Most important, keep both eyes for his Bair.
It is a fast move for Ganon, but has a somewhat high hitbox, too bad Rosalina is so tall that he can hit her in a short hop, and it autocancels, and if it doesn't autocancel it has little ending lag other than having little start-up; it also deals 17% and has absurd knockback, surpassing his forward aerial, and apparently has the strongest knockback among the bairs, and, as it wasn't enough, Rosalina travels one of the shortest distances when trumped.
Tl;dr:Don't let him read you, he reads you, you won't even have the time of saiyng "Oh, it's just Gan..." before getting twostocked, you don't let him read you, and you will survive. That is essentially how Gannon works.
Forgot another important thing:
According to @Z1GMA , Wizard Foot meteor hitbox got dramatically increased knockback, he said something like
If Mario gets Dair'd at the edge of a stage at 0%, he survives and recovers.
If he gets wizkickmeteored at 0% he survives but doesn't make it back to the stage
If he gets wizkickmeteored at 10%/20%(cannot remember correctly, not that for Ganon it would make that much of a difference) he just gets blasted down and dies.
With the new bouncing mechanic, he can kill with it even onstage
#BanGannon
Really, it looks like they said
Namco said:
We need to buff Ganondorf up
Sakurai said:
If we make him too fast he won't be the archetype of himself.
Let's give him the shine spike with scaling knockback and make him kill everything with a sneeze.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Ive beat aerial Wizards Foot with UTilt and UAir before

How old is Rosalina supposed to be anyway? Ive never played the Galaxy series (not gonna lie I just love her because blue. Playing as her in 3D land/world/w/e is really fun and shes great in Mario Kart)
The events of Super Mario Galaxy occur during her last visit to Earth, and in the story they say she visits Earth once every 100 years, so that means that she at least 100 years old. We don't know how many times she has visited Earth, however.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is why you just main naked characters. can't have wardrobe malfunctions that way.
What are you talking about?
Yep, she is, but also tricky to master.
Merry Chrismast <3 like i said months ago , I am not death yet lol. A little present that many already know , but i loved it when i got it so i may as well shared it as a Memory ...
Merry Christmas to you too. This pic looks awesome.
I really don't mind how people portray Rosalina in their art, as long as it's not completely out of character (though even that's fine if the art is supposed to be parody in good fun).

Won't deny that I'm a huge fan of risqué art of her either, but I do have standards for that too - basically as long as it's relatively tasteful and the actual drawings are well done.

Ideally, everyone would draw her with her actual body type (MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE IS MAKING HER SHORTER THAN PEACH OR EVEN MARIO WITHOUT CONTEXT LIKE NO PLEASE SHE'S AN AMAZON) and more or less in character, but at the same time, different people interpret different things from the character, so not everyone is gonna portray her the same way.
Whoa,whoa, stay calm! Just as long she fits, and beautiful. I don't rally matter her size in most of the artworks.
Forgot another important thing:
According to @Z1GMA , Wizard Foot meteor hitbox got dramatically increased knockback, said something like
If Mario gets Dair'd at the edge of a stage at 0%, he survives and recovers.
If he gets wizkickmeteored at 0% he survives but doesn't make it back to the stage
If he gets wizkickmeteored at 10%/20%(cannot remember correctly, not that for Ganon it wouldn't make that much of a difference) he just gets blasted down and dies.
With the new bouncing mechanic, he can kill with it even onstage
#BanGannon
Really, it looks like they said
If they made Ganondorf fast, he'll be a powerful version of Captain Falcon.
They sort of buff up his special attacks. His side special is just annoying in online matches. Same as Wario's bike.
The events of Super Mario Galaxy occur during her last visit to Earth, and in the story they say she visits Earth once every 100 years, so that means that she at least 100 years old. We don't know how many times she has visited Earth, however.
So it means that the theory that Rosalina is Mario's and Peaches daughter(See Game Theory) doesn't fit.
In a fan made Rosalina-Luma deviantart profile page, Rosalina said herself about over 500 years old. makes quite sense.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's age is a complete mystery. Since Rosalina visits Mario's world every century, it could be implied that she has the gift of immortality, or that her longevity is very massive. It could be the former, as Rosalina manages to maintain a very youthful appearance.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina's age is a complete mystery. Since Rosalina visits Mario's world every century, it could be implied that she has the gift of immortality, or that her longevity is very massive. It could be the former, as Rosalina manages to maintain a very youthful appearance.
So which means Rosalina is much older than Mario and Peach. Game Theory's theory about Rosalina is Mario and Peach's daughter isn't legit. I supposed that she might be Peach's ancestor.
And she probably still gets old, but not that fast as us. Every 100 years could just equal to a year for Rosalina. So Game Theory's "Time Travel"theory is true, but that just means that Nintendo already know that there is a time gap between two immensely large distance in space. They are not stupid after all, and even though SMG is just a game, there are some elements that fits with the reality of space.
Just how can she stay young is also another mystery. That's one of the main reason why we love her!
I know Rosalina isn't in this picture , but i had to share this , lol Wario changes his expresion when he is clapping so funny XD
I don't know that Wario likes to lose to a female LOL.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
So it means that the theory that Rosalina is Mario's and Peaches daughter(See Game Theory) doesn't fit.
In a fan made Rosalina-Luma deviantart profile page, Rosalina said herself about over 500 years old. makes quite sense.
They wanted them to have a relation, but the idea eventually got scrapped.
A multiple of 100 added to the years she had when the Comet Observatory started moving, plus the years it took for the afermentioned Comet Observatory to reach the Earth the first time, due to what @ C3CC C3CC said.
In the storybook she appears to have something between 12 and 16 years.
In my headcanon, it's 13.822.048.028 , in other words, the universe's age plus a random number.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's age is literally immeasurable. We have no reference for how long she has lived beyond at least 100 years, and even then, the way she phrases that one quote, "I visit this planet every one hundred years", suggests that she has done it multiple times. Then you also have the fact that she has seemingly given rebirth to the universe before, meaning she's older than the universe itself.

In terms of her body though, she looks like a woman in their mid-20s, as opposed to Peach and Daisy who look barely legal, if not just like a straight up 16 year old.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They wanted them to have a relation, but the idea eventually got scrapped.

A multiple of 100 added to the years she had when the Comet Observatory started moving, plus the years it took for the afermentioned Comet Observatory to reach the Earth the first time, due to what @ C3CC C3CC said.
In the storybook she appears to have something between 12 and 16 years.
In my headcanon, it's 13.822.048.028 , in other words, the universe's age plus a random number.
Oh, really? Looks like the theory is busted. I guess.
Rosalina's age is literally immeasurable. We have no reference for how long she has lived beyond at least 100 years, and even then, the way she phrases that one quote, "I visit this planet every one hundred years", suggests that she has done it multiple times. Then you also have the fact that she has seemingly given rebirth to the universe before, meaning she's older than the universe itself.

In terms of her body though, she looks like a woman in their mid-20s, as opposed to Peach and Daisy who look barely legal, if not just like a straight up 16 year old.
We can only know her childhood in her storybook, just how many years ago when she was still a child is unknown. ( Man, things are getting very intresting about her past. Just when will Nintendo spill the beans?)
16 year old is a bit too young, I take she is in her mid-20s for now.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Speaking of Rosalina's story, it's what made me love her as a character. She was so lonely but she put her feelings aside to help the Luma find it's mom ^.^ she still has a lonely, detached tone to her character but she's so selfless at the same time, she's become one of my favorite Nintendo characters honestly.

Last edited:

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Speaking of Rosalina's story, it's what made me love her as a character. She was so lonely but she put her feelings aside to help the Luma find it's mom ^.^ she still has a lonely, detached tone to her character but she's so selfless at the same time, she's become one of my favorite Nintendo characters honestly.
Oh yeah! When I got through all that story, it's like OMG! This is why she's a god. She's so caring in a very stoic way. It's kind of crazy how it wasn't even much of a story but it struck fairly deeply.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! When I got through all that story, it's like OMG! This is why she's a god. She's so caring in a very stoic way. It's kind of crazy how it wasn't even much of a story but it struck fairly deeply.
Right?? She's a mother figure to these Lumas but she's actually really lonely because she lost her own mom I'm not crying, my eyes are just leaking ok?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Back at 2012I was curious about who is this Rosalina, so I checked her wiki page and notice that she is really a gorgeous character. Her storybook just makes me touched. And her appearance in Smash bros made me like this character even more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Right?? She's a mother figure to these Lumas but she's actually really lonely because she lost her own mom I'm not crying, my eyes are just leaking ok?
While it's true that Rosalina will still think about her deceased mother from time to time, at least the Lumas keep her company, so it's not like she's totally alone.

micstar615

Smash Ace
While it's true that Rosalina will still think about her deceased mother from time to time, at least the Lumas keep her company, so it's not like she's totally alone.
She def isn't, she's a surprisingly complex character, but she does have more of a stoic nature which is why she doesn't really smile as much as other Mario characters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom