• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I already said Wario and Snake, if you weren't paying attention.

And Falco doesn't really come close, he just doesn't have the kill power. Wario and Snake are arguable even/advantages. So yes, that's what I was saying.

I have no personal beef with you, man.
yeah i know, you can post without cussing, i am open for debate, but cussing really just pisses people off if it is at them, i don't care if he cusses about a character sucking, just not at me

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think it's just that you don't respond with what he wants to hear. Iunno, he's ust so frustrated.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I think it's just that you don't respond with what he wants to hear. Iunno, he's ust so frustrated.
yeah, no offense to him, but he and Tennet were the two that were getting rather ticked off, granted Tennet started spamming me right after he saw me saying MK isn't the best, at least SOLID did something first
i think part of the problem is the fact that i don't really think i got even a few "mains" to get enough knowledge of 1 character to back them up real good but enough on several to back them up OK

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
(Ugh, I hate to admit it, but...) Pikachu.

Uber Quick-Attack combos? Ya better practice the time of THOSE things buddy.

Thunder overpowered? Don't kid yourself, that's just another complaint to add to spammers, right? It's as powerful as a Smash Attack, but it's slower, and who doesn't see it coming when you're directly above a Pikachu? Well, in single-matches at least. And you can easily reflect it with the right characters.

The mult-hit Down Smash? Yes, it's multiple hits, but alas, those hits are low damaged and some people escape right after the first hit.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Erm, I think Pikachu's overrated because of the chaingrabs, nobody cares about the Dsmash, it sucks.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
(Ugh, I hate to admit it, but...) Pikachu.

Uber Quick-Attack combos? Ya better practice the time of THOSE things buddy.

Thunder overpowered? Don't kid yourself, that's just another complaint to add to spammers, right? It's as powerful as a Smash Attack, but it's slower, and who doesn't see it coming when you're directly above a Pikachu? Well, in single-matches at least. And you can easily reflect it with the right characters.

The mult-hit Down Smash? Yes, it's multiple hits, but alas, those hits are low damaged and some people escape right after the first hit.
His quick attack CANCEL combos are pretty leet. He's got a spammable projectile that follows the ledge so camping is a nono against him (well, it's possible, just hard). His up-b travels a lot further and is far more versatile than any other recovery in the game.

his down smash? yea no one really gives a **** about that. it's good for noobs though :D and if i know anything about brawl, it's that there are a lot of noobs lol.

thunder is an excellent finisher. pikachu's aerials are all great and his up smash is nothing to laugh at, once he has you up at the screen, getting a "slow" thunder attack to connect isn't so hard anymore since it comes out right at them and it's basically an auto kill if thunder hits them at the top of the screen. and very very few characters of the cast can "reflect" thunder as you say. fox and wolf being the only ones i can think of off the top of my head, if there are more, there aren't a lot. besides, against fox... lulz you won't need thunder. to wrap up this thunder discussion, i don't think thunder is 'overpowered', but i do think it lasts a lot longer than it should. the timing is kinda gay, even when the animation is gone, and you charge in, you'll get hit, and the hit stun from it is ridiculously long that pika can QAC straight to you.

it's too early to say how much potential pika's new CG has, people are just really excited because it's something new and it works on many of the top tiers. this has also drastically changed the pika/falco match up (i know a lot of pika mains hate this match up..) since now both character's projectiles are deemed somewhat useless and both can CG the other.
don't start discussing if his CG is overrated or not. it's just too early.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
How about Wario, Snake, or Falco
Wario's recovery is still decent with the bike, and (if you really need to) there is the fart (if the time is with you, but using the fart to recover still is a pain i know)
Snake is close to him on the tier list and gots a whole load of explosives, and decent recovery
Falco is pretty fast, too, and i know his recovery is arguably the worst of the three i listed, but he got's progectiles which MK does lack, and a refector for well, reflecting them
and unless Straked was trying to be a troll, then he meant that Wario or Snake could have an advantage
there, not to great, but something to debate, please, no cussing/telling me to get *****
Saying "get *****"=/=Saying "I want you to get *****"

I'm not talking about matchups.

I'm talking about you telling me which character is BETTER than MK not in a one on one matchup, just in general.

Iunno how to make this anymore clear.

I'm frustrated because he didn't answer my question after I asked it like 4 posts in a row and then he was posing questions to me and avoiding the question.

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight for sure. No other character ( to my knowledge) has ever stirred greater controversy. And no, he shouldn't be banned. That would be like banning Fox in Melee. You'd take all the fun out of the game by banning a character.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Wario.

People are going to say: "No way! He's UNDERrated"

Except that people keep placing him high on tier-lists and reference him all the time on various things.

He's not that good. :O

gm jack

Smash Lord
Wario.

Except that people keep placing him high on tier-lists and reference him all the time on various things.

Marth and Peach have an advantage over him (about 60:40 for both). As far as I know, nobody else goes better than even with him. That is a pretty **** impressive set of matchups. There are some that appear to be heavily disputed, but IIRC, that is just Sheik and Luigi, and I am not sure where the conflict lies.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Marth and Peach have an advantage over him (about 60:40 for both). As far as I know, nobody else goes better than even with him. That is a pretty **** impressive set of matchups. There are some that appear to be heavily disputed, but IIRC, that is just Sheik and Luigi, and I am not sure where the conflict lies.
You are WRONG. Most matchups are 60/40, few are 50/50 and only 2 are 40/60, but not lower. Do you say he is overrated? Something similar happens to MK, but only with no disadvantage. I don't unmderstand why you say Wario is overrated.

Diddy is a very overrated character.

gm jack

Smash Lord
You are WRONG. Most matchups are 60/40, few are 50/50 and only 2 are 40/60, but not lower. Do you say he is overrated? Something similar happens to MK, but only with no disadvantage. I don't unmderstand why you say Wario is overrated.

I was countering the person above who said he is over rated. I think he is under rated in the tier lists, but people are generally recognising him as a very good character.

He's one of my secondaries in training, and I am only just beginning to really realise how strong he is.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Falco, definitely.
This is true.

I wouldn't say very, but a bit I suppose.

Wario.

Have you ever actually played a good Wario?

Meta Knight for sure. No other character ( to my knowledge) has ever stirred greater controversy. And no, he shouldn't be banned. That would be like banning Fox in Melee. You'd take all the fun out of the game by banning a character.
That analogy fails because Marth was just as good as Fox, and Sheik and Falco were close.

@Princeofsmash: We're talking about in Brawl not series'...

Sieguest

Smash Master
I agree that falco is overrated...for the same reasons as everyone else...
I kinda agree that diddy is overrated...just cause you use nanners doesn't mean insta-win

Wario is NOT overrated...I think Wario actually played kind of the underdog really....

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I not really saying falco is overrated, he has an easy to execute spike, a great change grab and an overall pretty good air game
BUT!!! Judging from his placement on the tier list, i'd have to agree with you guys.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Sonic FTL. Wow. He can run and jump on people. Oh look, now he can fight. Oh look, now he plays tennis, Oh look, now he is a Knight. Oh look, now he's can surf...
Just like Mario, but can't seem to find a home on one console. I miss Sega's consoles

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon.

everyone says his knee is sexy

its not.

That's right I said it, beetches.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Falco is very light and has a abysmal up b recovery, so even with chain grab it's still like it's only like slight % advantage, plus Falco has KO trouble against some characters. Most those who can escape from his chain grab like Marth has advantage over Falco.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Lol. You're right. It's not sexy.

IT'S THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN SINCE SLICED BREAD.
No, sir. No way. No how.

How could you be so wrong???

KNEE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SLICED BREAD OF COURSE

Also, Wario is pretty darn good. I think a lot of the overrated and underrated talk comes from the fact that he's still not a very popular character despite his goodness.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Sonic FTL. Wow. He can run and jump on people. Oh look, now he can fight. Oh look, now he plays tennis, Oh look, now he is a Knight. Oh look, now he's can surf...
Just like Mario, but can't seem to find a home on one console. I miss Sega's consoles
I second that too.

And his games kind of went downhill...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't recall him ever being invincible, and nobody that's ever played smash would advertise him as such.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Play with items.

Starman.

Good game.

Top Bottom