• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Shadow stop being a scared *** and prove me wrong since MK "isn't the best character."
prove that he is
show how he is better than every other character INDIVIDUALLY
and yes, i am totally scared that you will get the words "fact" and "opinion" confused
again

Sieguest

Smash Master
QFT. Yes, Meta Knight is good. Yes, he is arguably the best. However there are plenty other good characters and I have beaten quite a few talented players that use MK anyway.
What does QFT mean?
And that is why I think MK is overrated....he is beatable yet there was a whole ban argument in which a million people (exaggeration) say that he's almost like god, when he isn't...
isn't that what my post said?

Oh, thank you ultranova...I guess, then all I can say is ignore this post....my ignorance has caused me to foul once again...sorry Paterack...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Shadow stop being a scared *** and prove me wrong since MK "isn't the best character."
I'll try to flesh out this debate....(hoping I don't screw up)
If MK is the "best" then how come not everyone uses him... it would just be common sense to go with the "best" option in typical human thinking...so if everyone is not using him...and some people even able to beat MK, then he couldn't be the "best"

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
If MK is the "best" then how come not everyone uses him... it would just be common sense to go with the "best" option in typical human thinking...so if everyone is not using him...and some people even able to beat MK, then he couldn't be the "best"
thank you, again, SOLID doesn't get how opinion words work (not even after saying that "best" is one like 5 times)
QFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Too bad some opinions can be proven wrong with facts.

I could say my opinion is that the sky is green, yet we all know that is not true.
Saying "the sky is green" is not an opinion....an opinion word was not used and the statement comes across as a base fact...your statement is something called a non-fact....or in lamence terms an untrue statement...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not everyone plays to win.
Some people, you know. Have fun. If it's in a tournament setting, chances are, a Meta Knight will always be in the top 8.

You never see a Ganondorf, Link, Ness, or even Falcon up there on a regular basis.

@Marthage - Rofl @ you trying to act intelligent.

"An opinion words", "base fact", "non-fact".

*laymen's

Hence

Smash Ace
Falco or Game and Watch, they're simple and effective.

However, any smart player can overcome their strategies in most matchups.

Tennet

Smash Champion
People also prefer the style of play of another character, many people chose not to use MK because he is the best.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
People also prefer the style of play of another character, many people chose not to use MK because he is the best.
Others prefer a big, bulky character with raw power and range. They don't seem to understand this.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Not everyone plays to win.
Some people, you know. Have fun. If it's in a tournament setting, chances are, a Meta Knight will always be in the top 8.

You never see a Ganondorf, Link, Ness, or even Falcon up there on a regular basis.

@Marthage - Rofl @ you trying to act intelligent.

"An opinion words", "base fact", "non-fact".

*laymen's
Oh, thanks for correcting me...(never really knew how to spell laymens so winged it!

I hope you don't think I'm acting....this shows that you really don't know me....:laugh:
Anyway, if it's for fun, then who would care who is the best...?

In competition- the point is to win right...and once again if meta knight is the best then he would be the best chance to win...and we as naturally being human always want the best chance to succeed...so...once again....if he's the best, then how come everyone doesn't use him....?
(and tennet...:laugh: if they choose not to would mean a bias in OPINION towards the other character....)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, thanks for correcting me...(never really knew how to spell laymens so winged it!

I hope you don't think I'm acting....this shows that you really don't know me....:laugh:
Anyway, if it's for fun, then who would care who is the best...?

In competition- the point is to win right...and once again if meta knight is the best then he would be the best chance to win...and we as naturally being human always want the best chance to succeed...so...once again....if he's the best, then how come everyone doesn't use him....?
(and tennet...:laugh: if they choose not to would mean a bias in OPINION towards the other character....)
Your grammar isn't much better. :psycho:
And yes, from that last post, I can tell you're acting. That was adorable.

Your logic's flawed, link me to some sources that say we only want to win. People already do this. In tournament play, some people feel determined to show that they're good enough to win with a crap character. Others just suck with Meta Knight, and his playstyle. You act like it's an automatic win if you use Meta Knight.

Sieguest

Smash Master
People may want to show other characters can compete too.
The use of the word "may"....shuts this point off from being a fact and making it circumstantial...which isn't helping your argument....

@straked...I said in competition the point is to win...why else would it be competition...(it's pure psychology...took a class...there's my source:))
and unless you know me personally I don't think you could tell whether I am sincere or not.... and because others suck with meta knight and his playstyle clearly proves that he isn't the best...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Do you seriously want us to point out every fallacy in your "points"?
Because you aren't contributing much by missing the big picture.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Do you seriously want us to point out every fallacy in your "points"?
Because you aren't contributing much by missing the big picture.
Do you want me to point out every fallacy in your "points"?
And If I'm not contributing much, and you're arguing what I contribute...then you aren't contributing much either....

Hence

Smash Ace
Everyone calm down, we don't need a flame war in General Brawl Discussion.

Take it to PMs or the Debate forum. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is just going in a circle, you're just repeating what I typed.

I'm trying to get you either on topic, or out. Because you're not welcome here if you bring this kind of idiocy to this already dumb thread.

@Hence - There's nothing wrong with some immature debate, I'm sure the mods will understand.

Sieguest

Smash Master
This is just going in a circle, you're just repeating what I typed.

I'm trying to get you either on topic, or out. Because you're not welcome here if you bring this kind of idiocy to this already dumb thread.

@Hence - There's nothing wrong with some immature debate, I'm sure the mods will understand.
Was the argument that S.O.L.I.D. brought up with shadow13 not clearly asking why MK is not the best...and I put in my two cents as to why MK is not the best....(of course the argument that S.O.L.I.D. and Shadow13 started was off topic from "who's overrated" anyway so it's pretty useless to argue anymore....) With that being said...I'll say that I don't appreciate you calling me an idiot just because I disagree with you...and I don't appreciate your judging of my character either....

The reason I repeated what you said is because I could ask the same of you.....

If something I said offended you, then I apologize....

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, I think it's more or less my fault for provoking you. It was extremely immature, and you manned up and apoligized. So we're on good terms.

Just... explain to me. Why is Meta Knight not the best character in the game? How is he overrated?

Sieguest

Smash Master
It's all good, I shouldn't have gotten so worked up anyway...
Well the reason I believe MK is not the best character is that "best" is an opinion word...so it would be an opinion to say he is the best...and that if he was the best then he would be the go-to choice usable by everyone...according to the definition of best being applied to MK...
I would say he is overrated because there was a whole argument over whether he should be banned or not, when he is defeatable...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's not true in the least. When we say 'best', we're only saying that because of the facts that were presented. According to matchups, Meta Knight wins there. He doesn't lose to a single character. He either goes even with or beats the entire cast. Disclaimer: Don't retort with "But that would mean Meta Knight wins every tournament, which he doesn't." Other players are better than Meta Knight mains, but this is only the relative data given. Meaning he's the best, in that category.

Second, he has more tournament WINS than any of the other high tiers, combined iirc. Meaning he's the best, in that category.

He's **** near ungimpable. He can rack up damage faster than nearly any character in the game, and doesn't have a problem killing. He has insane priority, and has one of the best recoveries in the game.

One of the few flaws he does have: His weight. But even then, with good DI, he can survive up to 130+.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's not true in the least. When we say 'best', we're only saying that because of the facts that were presented. According to matchups, Meta Knight wins there. He doesn't lose to a single character. He either goes even with or beats the entire cast. Disclaimer: Don't retort with "But that would mean Meta Knight wins every tournament, which he doesn't." Other players are better than Meta Knight mains, but this is only the relative data given. Meaning he's the best, in that category.

Second, he has more tournament WINS than any of the other high tiers, combined iirc. Meaning he's the best, in that category.

He's **** near ungimpable. He can rack up damage faster than nearly any character in the game, and don't have a problem killing. He can insane priority, and has one of the best recoveries in the game.

One of the few flaws he does have: His weight. But even then, with good DI, he can survive up to 130+.
True...but I think that now that you've said this, that all of our previous argumetnts have been using the word "best" in a different context...
I won't argue that meta knight is the "best" competitively....because as you've shown me...he in fact is on top....
I now mean to argue that meta knight is not the "best" as a character...I mean obviously we all think our mains would be the best...lest we choose them right...? Why would I pick the Ice Climbers as a main if I didn't think that they were dadgum awesome! right?
Sorry...my computer just ran out of battery (plugged in charger)
Anyway...I think the whole argument started "MK is the best" started as a misunderstanding of the use of best....

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, yeah. But regardless of what we all think, every character has flaws. Meta Knight just has the tools to abuse everyone else's character problems.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's so very true...MK has something for everyone!

Now I have a question...and I think that you may be able to answer me with no bias

So, I've been doing a lot of stuff to try and see what "chokes" Meta Knight and with the Ice Climbers, I've actually been, contrary to the match up able to deal with a lot of MK's (but then again...I haven't brawled any real known pros and this is only speaking on one character)
Do you think that if people furthered their metagames more that eventually MK wouldn't be sooo...argumentable...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Shadow13; said:
prove that he is
show how he is better than every other character INDIVIDUALLY
and yes, i am totally scared that you will get the words "fact" and "opinion" confused
again
EVERYONE WITH A ****ING BRAIN has agreed to this.

I've ****ing said this at least five times:

MK is the best because he has a great recovery, great priority, no clear bad matchups, no bad stages, and fast kill moves.

You want to know why he's better than everyone else? Don't be a lazy *** and go check the matchup thread.

I ****ing know what a fact and opinion are.

Now ****ing prove me wrong don't change the subject. I have FACTS to back me up whereas you're just making me answer questions. Stop being a scared little boy AND ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTION.

He is the best because he's better than everyone else.

People use other characters because they don't want to use a character they feel is "cheap" or "broken" or they want to win with someone fun and they don't think MK is fun.

thank you, again, SOLID doesn't get how opinion words work (not even after saying that "best" is one like 5 times)
QFT
Dude shut the **** up you're a ****ing troll.

I know what an opinion is. I know what a fact is. Ask anyone. ANYONE who plays competitive Brawl who the best character is. I guarantee you that EVERYONE who plays competitive Brawl will say MK. That seems pretty much like a fact to me.

GET ****ING *****.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it even slightly possible that MK can be over-rated and still be considered the best character? I agree, he is easily up in the top, if not THE top, but people always try to make him out as some godly warrior with no weaknesses whatsoever. I agree he is the best character, but that doesn't stop him from also being over-rated.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Thanks tennet, I'm not very good at desynching (working on it) I've always just settled for a short hopped synced blizzard (espcecially when MK's try to tornado Mwahaha!) or squalling on top of them...(to approach)

I've actually been doing a summer project to find strategies for every character to beat some strategies that MKs use (been watching a LOT of youtube vids...) (But, something tells me that someone has already done this and that unknowingly I'm being a noobish copycat!)

@S.O.L.I.D. - We've reached a consensus.....:)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh...well I didn't mean to add on to your troubles with any of my arguments...
All's well that end's well right? (I just play the FaF card)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Let yourself get hit, it's the best strategy.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE WITH A ****ING BRAIN has agreed to this.

I've ****ing said this at least five times:

MK is the best because he has a great recovery, great priority, no clear bad matchups, no bad stages, and fast kill moves.

You want to know why he's better than everyone else? Don't be a lazy *** and go check the matchup thread.

I ****ing know what a fact and opinion are.

Now ****ing prove me wrong don't change the subject. I have FACTS to back me up whereas you're just making me answer questions. Stop being a scared little boy AND ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTION.

He is the best because he's better than everyone else.

People use other characters because they don't want to use a character they feel is "cheap" or "broken" or they want to win with someone fun and they don't think MK is fun.

Dude shut the **** up you're a ****ing troll.

I know what an opinion is. I know what a fact is. Ask anyone. ANYONE who plays competitive Brawl who the best character is. I guarantee you that EVERYONE who plays competitive Brawl will say MK. That seems pretty much like a fact to me.

GET ****ING *****.
uh.........
i don't care what point you are making, you don't need excessive, caps or *s
and accepted opinion doesn't not mean fact, and i said individually, go over each character, not repeat yourself
and yeah, i look at match-ups, that isn't a clear best character, and MK is beatable and either way doesn't deserve to be in his own tier, at least have him and Snake share one, if Gannon isn't in his own tier of FAIL, MK isn't in his own tier of how good he is
a debate doesn't involve cussing out the other person, and dude, "saying go to hell" isn't as bad as "go get *****"
i don't cuss you out, you souldn't cuss me out, if you would get off it i would

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
An accepted opinion might as well be a fact if it's ACCEPTED BY EVERYONE.

MK has no bad matchups. Iunno what matchups you're looking at.

Now please stop being a troll and answer my question.

Prove to me that there's a character that is better than MK.

Please, don't avoid the question this time.

This is just going in a cycle unless you actually ANSWER ME.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight has an advantage and or even matchup with every character in the game.
It's arguable that Snake and Wario either go even or have an advantage against him.

Meta Knight has few bad qualities, probably the only thing holding him back is his weight. And even then, he can still output more damage quickly than any other character in the game. There's always a new strategy, half of your tournament experience is trying to overcome the swarm of Meta Knights.
An accepted opinion might as well be a fact if it's ACCEPTED BY EVERYONE.

MK has no bad matchups. Iunno what matchups you're looking at.

Now please stop being a troll and answer my question.

Prove to me that there's a character that is better than MK.

Please, don't avoid the question this time.

This is just going in a cycle unless you actually ANSWER ME.
How about Wario, Snake, or Falco
Wario's recovery is still decent with the bike, and (if you really need to) there is the fart (if the time is with you, but using the fart to recover still is a pain i know)
Snake is close to him on the tier list and gots a whole load of explosives, and decent recovery
Falco is pretty fast, too, and i know his recovery is arguably the worst of the three i listed, but he got's progectiles which MK does lack, and a refector for well, reflecting them
and unless Straked was trying to be a troll, then he meant that Wario or Snake could have an advantage
there, not to great, but something to debate, please, no cussing/telling me to get *****

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I already said Wario and Snake, if you weren't paying attention.

And Falco doesn't really come close, he just doesn't have the kill power. Wario and Snake are arguable even/advantages. So yes, that's what I was saying.

I have no personal beef with you, man.

Top Bottom