• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi (M.A.S): Serious Business!!! 11/14/09 Winthrop Harbor, IL

hunger!

Smash Champion
im bringing my wii. it has infinite replay. im going to slap a sign infront of my setup saying to SAVE ALL GAMES. whatever is saved. ill upload. that simple. ok cool =D

yoshq

Smash Master
The tournament should end like at 10:30

Also, Jdietz wanna do Mario vs. Luigi for $1 or $2?? I want revenge!

Edit: That offer goes out to you too YoshQ, if you want

Second Edit: :mario2: > :luigi2:
1: ook dk vs cf
2: arty luigi ditto
3: DLA dk vs cf
4. Kennispam cf dittos
5. Jdietz luigi ditto $2
6. quik mario vs luigi $2
@hunger, i brought infinite replays to no koast, and had the results stage texture set to say "save replays" but only 1 replay was saved. but a sign might work better lolz..

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hunger I'm going to camp out at your Wii and give you a s***-ton of Ganondorf replays.

And yeah pools would be really nice, even if only for the fact that we get to play more matches.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I was told you don't play brawl
weird. i don't play melee but i'll enter it at tournies to help the community. i'm decent at it but i wont put any time into it.

------------------------------

Quik: your mario is trash.

DLA: do it up. MM kennispam on it.

OOK (and whoever else wants to do it): DK new pork ditto mm's. $1 a round. :laugh::laugh:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
EVERY M.A.S TOURNAMENT FROM HERE ON OUT WILL HAVE POOLS. For Brawl singles.

I dunno if Melee players think pools will be appropriate. I'll let u guys decide.

Okay so how do u guys want this to work? Do pools to get top 8? top 16? we couldn't possibly top 32, amirite?

i think top 16 would be the best.

but it's totally up to u guys.

lemme know asap and i'll update the first post. ;)

EDIT:

Yes Spikes that would be very awesome.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if Melee players think pools will be appropriate. I'll let u guys decide.

Okay so how do u guys want this to work? Do pools to get top 8? top 16? we couldn't possibly top 32, amirite?
I don't think WI/IL has ever done a bracket less than 32 before ever if they had more than 32 people (at least from the tournaments I've been to).

Scrub opinion: I personally would like 32 so I could have a chance to get out of pools looool (I'm honestly scared of facing half the people coming :chuckle:). But it really depends on what time you want to start though. A lot of people are bringing other games too etc etc so there's other stuff people can do if you decide to opt for lower.

Quik17

Smash Ace
16-man bracket!!!

That way pools can be competetive for once.

But a 32-man bracket is cool too.

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm more likely to enter if it's pools so i can try out some things. Also pools for melee would be cool!

Edit: There better be a Brawl+ tourney!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
16-man bracket!!!

That way pools can be competetive for once.
HIT TEH NAIL ON TEH HEADERZ!!! :bee:

Edit: There better be a Brawl+ tourney!!
I second this statement. Is there a third - tenth, so I can make this tournament happen?

Pools seeding to top 32 was what I was thinking. Even if there's less than 32 people, it gives a better bracket.
Hmmm well we do have all day to finish this tournament. But u do have to consider the store manager and participants who may have other things to do. I mean to do pools less than 32 people, and then do another 32 man bracket with the same people is kinda...time consuming (but I could be wrong). But you are right, it would be seeded best.

But IMHO pools should only be done when there is less than 10 players for a tournament. And more than 32 players for a tournament (if there is enough time).

I'll let u all know what I'ma do by tomorrow night (when I do the first post will be updated). Guys don't forget there is a MYSTERY POT BONUS for 1st in Brawl Singles. So I do wanna make the top players work for it and play their best.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
MYSTERY POT BONUS? :o

Guess I gotta step it up for this.

Edit: If you're not going to make an AiB tourney page for this, can you let me do it? (and make you admin of course)

bwrw

Smash Rookie
That's if you get seeded. If 32 people are being seeded and you've got 40 folks playing pools ~ the bottom 8 people don't get to continue past the pools. However if you're seeding 32 and you've got 32 doing pools, it's strictly to better orchestrate the match-ups, to make the tournament fair and interesting.

At least that's my understanding of it.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
That's if you get seeded. If 32 people are being seeded and you've got 40 folks playing pools ~ the bottom 8 people don't get to continue past the pools. However if you're seeding 32 and you've got 32 doing pools, it's strictly to better orchestrate the match-ups, to make the tournament fair and interesting.

At least that's my understanding of it.
How many pool matches are there is what I'm wondering. If its more than two, its more than I usually get to play.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Lol sago. I hope I get your pool. X3

Tbh I've never played pools. Do they lightly seed them? It wouldn't make much sense to the fate decide if one of the pools consists of hunger, sago, fatboy and grimace while another might be me, sponge, red ryu and sothe... >_<

Arty

Smash Lord
How many pool matches are there is what I'm wondering. If its more than two, its more than I usually get to play.
You get a 2 out of 3 set against everyone in your pool, so let's say it's a pool of 7 people you get to play anywhere from 14-21 games.

Do they lightly seed them?
The pools are randomly generated at first then some changes are made incase there is any unfair ones.

Also, I'll vote for a Brawl+ tourney as well. It's too fun.
You should try out Wario in that game Hunger, he is soo fun to play
and broken

Edit: lol this is Quik, keep forgetting to log out of Arty's account

Arty

Smash Lord
If like 40-50 people come, then pools into a 32 man bracket makes the most sense. If you do it for a 16 man bracket then you have to let someone look over the pools to see if they are properly seeded.

Edit: This is really Arty :laugh:

Fidzo

Smash Rookie
Okay, first tourney, never done pools. If I'm understanding this correctly, if we do pools, then I'll be matched up with someone to see if I'm even going to get to play in the actual tourney? So...do I still have to pay to play if I don't make the pool? (although I'm confident I'll make it in somewhere...).

I'll be bringing some crisp dollar bills for MMs, so if you think you can beat a mediocre Ike or a novice Wolf, look me up. I'll be the one in a suit with a shirt and tie. If you're going to play, it'd better be with some style, right?

Also, I have a friend coming and we'll MM some folks in doubles. So if you think you can beat a mediocre Ike or a novice Wolf with a half-decent Falco on his team, look me up.

In all seriousness...I'm really anxious to see how I stack up against y'all. It's hard to gage your skill when you really only play against CPUs and online with all the lagging going on...

-Ben

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also, I have a friend coming and we'll MM some folks in doubles. So if you think you can beat a mediocre Ike or a novice Wolf with a half-decent Falco on his team, look me up.

In all seriousness...I'm really anxious to see how I stack up against y'all. It's hard to gage your skill when you really only play against CPUs and online with all the lagging going on...

-Ben
Don't worry about it. I'll be glad to play you guys in doubles, my Lucario and Link would love to face them.

Now I need to figure out if Sponge can still give me a ride or not.

Arty

Smash Lord
@Fidzo

Pools is part of the tournament. You get put in a 'pool' or group of 5-6 people. Every person plays every other person once in a 2/3 set and the 4 people with the best records move on into the bracket.

Top Bottom