• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi (M.A.S): Serious Business!!! 11/14/09 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Grrr...:mad: "May the fuel of my anger, intensify my urge to be victorious!!!"

The title of this tournament series has been changed (from M.P.S/Most Powerful Shinobi). It's real title has been revealed...lolz

Okay here we go...

What: MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI TOURNAMENT!!! :mad:

AND THIS TIME, WE'RE GETTING SERIOUS!!!

When: November 14th 2009

Why: Grrrr...:mad: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! SHOW UP OR ELSE!!! :mad:

Games played at this tournament: SSBB Doubles/Singles, SSBM Singles, Mario Kart Wii, and Naruto Revolution 2 (3 days later, after this tournament, and Naruto Revolution 3 will be released. SO THIS IS THE VERY LAST REV 2 Tournament in the Midwest).

What time does everything start? Casuals/Registration start at 10AM. First tournament(s) start at 11AM sharp. NO EXCUSES! NO WAITING (I can't stress this enough)! NO PROBLEM (you guys read it here first)! See "TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE" for more details.

Where: WE ARE GOING TO THE *NEW* VENUE!!!

J. Jireh's Coffe House (interesting name IMO ;) )

Address: 1704 7th Street Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

Venue Fee: $7 (Venue fee will be a lil more. But if you were used to the MONTHLY CoB tournaments earlier this year and the last, everything is all good. Difference between here and Screenz is this place is WAY NICER. See below for details.)

Other info: Okay so this place is like the reverse Screenz (where we ran the CoB series). And TRUST ME, that's a good thing! The upstairs of the venue is spacious - filled with lighting, windows, a promising mic stero system (and oh yes I tested it hehe), comfortable charis, and a great deal of walking space (depending how many people come to this lol). And the downstairs in a lil smaller but EXTREMELY cozy and comfortable (kinda has that "at home" feeling. That is where our smaller tournaments will be ran). To the east of the building/venue there is a parking lot dedicated for us. It should be able to hold 20 vehicles no problem. But if we need extra parking space, there is an aditional parking lot across the street that belongs to the venue. The venue is clean as HELL. Oh man it's so nice!!! :bee: And being that it is a cafe, many many mnay goodies will be available for sale. Sandwhiches, sodas, pizzas, chips, muffins, bagles, coffee, cappuccino, ice cream, shakes/malts and etc. all for your convenience to purchase at affordable prices (I mean this is WI afterall lmfao). Finally, there are two exceptional hotels about 5 minutes away (I'm sure rooms there are no more than $60 a night. I will post more info about the hotels asap). For folks 21+, there is a nice bar right next to the venue and a couple more in the area too. There's gas stations, pizza joints, a Subway , and other gift stores in the area too. This is a GREAT VENUE!!!

PLEASE NOTE:
* If you bring a full setup (t.v/system/game), THAT WE USE FOR A TOURNAMENT, you only pay $1 for venue fee. Full setups brought come on a "first come first served basis". So get there early and register your setup to get that discount. We are also in a need of having folding chairs donated to the arcade for tournaments. So if you bring them in you will get $2 discount off the venue fee. If you bring chairs in with a full setup, you pay ABSOLUTELY ZERO venue fee.

Entry fee for tournament games:

- SSBB Doubles: $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBB Singles: $10 (IT'S GOING TO BE SERIOUS BUSINESS FROM HERE ON OUT FOLKS!!! LEVEL UP, OR STAY HOME!!!)

* NOTE: SSBB Singles will have pools to determine who plays in the double elimination bracket. MORE INFO IS AVAILABLE BELOW IN THE "RULES FOR TOURNAMENT GAMES" SECTION.

- SSBM Doubles: $10 per team mate/$20 for team
- SSBM Singles: $10

* NOTE: SSBM Singles will have pools DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ENTER THE TOURNAMENT (and are interested). If pools are had, then the same "pools" related rules apply from SSBB.

- SSBB +: $5 (Rules and Scheduled time will be updated soon)
- Mario Kart Wii: $2
- Naruto Revolution 2: $3 (Next M.A.S and there after this tournament won't be ran. This is the very LAST Rev 2 tournament in the country lol)
- Naruto Revolution 3: $1 (Next M.A.S this tournament will now be a staple...like Brawl. Entry fee will be $5 up until February. SO GET THIS GAME. Join www.willvolution.com . And become part of the new Revolution in fighting games :) )

* NOTE: The Mario Kart Wii tournament will ONLY be ran if Dark Kakashi is present and willing to run the tournament. I have to focus on getting the Smash tournaments done on time. If someone is willing to take Dark Kakashi's spot is he isn't present, then please feel free to let me know.

Tournament Time Scedule:

* 10AM sharp - Registration for ALL tournament games

PLEASE NOTE:
* You can either register for Melee at 10am or 25-30 mins before the tournament is scheduled to start.

* 11AM - SSBB Doubles Tournament starts

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN SSBB Singles Pools as soon as SSBB Doubles is finished. So there is NO SET TIME when SSBB Singles Pools will start. We guesstimate around 3:30pm (considering SSBB Doubles starts on time). After SSBB Singles Pools is over there will be a short 15 min break. And then the SSBB Double Elimination bracket will start.

* 12:00 NOON - Mario Kart Wii Tournament starts

* 1PM - SSBM Doubles starts

* 7PM - SSBM Singles starts (YES THIS IS THE "SET" TIME SCHEDULED TO START)

PLEASE NOTE:
* That we WILL RUN Naruto Revolution 2 as soon as the Mario Kart Wii tournament is finished. And then Naruto Revolution 3 will run right after Revolution 2 is over.

Payouts for SSBB and SSBM (applied to Doubles and Singles):

IMPORTANT: TO WELCOME IN THE NEW VENUE AND MY SUCCESS OF BECOMING A NEW EMPLOYEE OF THE CAFE/VENUE, THERE WILL BE A MYSTERY CASH BONUS FOR 1ST PLACE FOR SSBB SINGLES!!!

* 1st: 60%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 10%

Payouts for all other fighting games:

* 1st: 70%, 2nd: 20%, 3rd: 10%

Rules For Tournament Games:

PLEASE NOTE:
* Tournament games will be held upstairs in the venue. Casual gaming (Rock band, other various fighitng games) will be held downstairs. NO, and I repeat, NO Money Matches (MMs)...are to be had during the tournament. PLEASE! I want this tournament to flow as smoothly as possible. Do MMs before/after the tournament. If I call your name and you don't come, and I find out you were MMing you'll get pwned and sent to losers/DQ'ed.

You get 2 mins to report to your match.

If you're money matching on a brawl setup, and it's needed for tournament, you'll be kicked off. No waiting til the end of match.

Hope everyone understands this. :mad: ... <3

* SSBB Singles

During Pools (this may apply to SSBM or ANY fighting game that has the "pool" feature):

Pools work like this:

You play vs. a selected (seeded) handfull of players in round robin. Whoever (could be more than one person, depending on how many advance outa pools) has the best record, advances to the double elimination bracket.

Less than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 16 man bracket

More than 36 people play in pools = we'll have a 32 man bracket

During the Double Elimination bracket:

Format and Settings:
Double Elimination
3 Stocks, 8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

*NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
*Stalling is Banned!
*If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing SHAKING FIST.
*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
*If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
*Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
*If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
*You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
*Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

* King DeDeDe's/Any standing chain grab is banned.
* Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
* You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game.

* SSBB Doubles/SSBM Singles

We are using standard SSBB Doubles and SSBM Singles tournament rules

* SSBB +

RULES WILL BE UPDATED SOON!!!

* Mario Kart Wii, Naruto Revolution 2, and Naruto Revolution 3 tournament rules will be ANNOUNCED AT THE TOURNAMENT

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING FULL SET UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! POWER STRIPS WOULD BE NEEDED TOO...:mad:

YOU NO LONGER NEED TO BRING CHAIRS...LMFAO!!!

Thanks!!! :bee:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
YES YES YES!!!! PEOPLE, I want everyone and their mother to come to tbis tournament. I listened to the competitive community. Your tournaments that I am running, WILL BE $10 entry free from here on out.

So everyone come out and support. PLEASE!!!

Be curtious to the Arcade locals present.

DO NOT SIT ON THE AIR HOCKEY TABLE. You may lean against it, DO NOT...

I REPEAT...

DO NOT!!!

SIT ON TOP OF THE AIR HOCKEY TABLE.

IF I SEE ANYONE JUST LEAVING THEIR GARBAGE AROUND THE ARCADE, YOU GET ONE WARNING...THEN U GET SNAPPED ON...THEN U GET KICKED OUT OF THE VENUE!!! SO DON'T DO IT!!!

I <3 U ALL!!! :bee:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Cool u guys, can't wait to see u all there.

Guys I need a ride to chansen's tournament this weekend. And a ride to D_K's tournament this weekend after M.A.S: Serious Business.

Someone hook yha darky dark dark boy up...PLEASE!!! :)

Zicore

Smash Champion
I can go but $10 fee = no doubles. :( POOR JOHNS ARE LEGIT
unless your younger then 14, these aren't legit. Its called "a job." They are helpful in attaining this awesome thing called "money" and "Self respect". It helps you get stuff like "Food" or "Women".

Get a job ya bum

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Me and some friends may be able to attend this. The drive from where I live to Racine is only like an hour or so away. My only john is that I'll have modern warfare 2 by that weekend and won't get to play it for 48 hours straight if I come.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Me and some friends may be able to attend this. The drive from where I live to Racine is only like an hour or so away. My only john is that I'll have modern warfare 2 by that weekend and won't get to play it for 48 hours straight if I come.
This would be worth missing Modern Warfare 2 for a couple days. =)
Come to this, it'll be sweet.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
I think my mario kart skillz are good enough too enter a tournament, should there be one >.>

Although getting a thunderstorm 5 races in a row below 5th place is ********.

Zicore

Smash Champion
idk wafles, if I have COD:MW2 I may have to skip out on this as well. That game is gonna be 2222222222222 good

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Since the amount was raised to 10 bucks for melee, there's a decent chance that I'll come to this, and if I do come, I can prob drive at least 4 more people in my car. I've been wanting to take the Geo on a roadtrip.

Im not confirming myself, but if I can get 4 more guys who will split gas with me, theres a decent chance.

EDIT: As much as MW2 is going to rock, you guys can take a day out of your schedule to play melee. You don't want to get dominated by me on Live anyways :p

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Hey, I want to spend 50 bucks to play the same exact game as much as everyone else, but I got Brawl to play.

Of course, I love CoD4, but honestly guys, if you're getting it for the single player, lol. But if you're getting it for the multiplayer, lol as well. It's not going to be vastly different.

I still wish I could play on my PC on Live with you guys. Mouse > joypad.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Meh. I'd much rather play MW2 than brawl, but my xbox is being gay lately anyways. Buzzing noises, the "to play this disc put it into an xbox 360 console" crap, blech. At least if it red rings I can return it for a free repair. If I go to this though I can play my super campy Snake/MK, yay!

peacock50

Smash Rookie
Apparantly, since me and my friend said this was fun we are bringing 3-6 other people ._________. We will be the white kids and the mexican (me) =D rollin to black music .-. depends if i go. for some reason they wont go without me X_____X

Top Bottom