• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most and Least Epic Characters?

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
The idea is simple. Which character do you think is the most epic, and why? Furthermore, which do you think is the least epic, and why? I'll start off:

EPIC: Captain Falcon
Falcon.. PAWNCH!. There's nothing NOT epic about this dude. Between the afformentioned Falcon Punch (Even snake and Otacon think it's epic), the Knee of Justice, and his up+B (YES!), you got true epic win comin' at ya. Any match he's in is guaranteed to be truely epic.

Second:
Lucario has to have an honorable mention, as he's a solid second. He's got aura, a big ball of aura, huge, lingering hitboxes (filled with aura), a grab that throws them back with aura, awesome aura-y aerials, and the coolest friggin Dsmash ever. so yeah, he's epic.

NOT So... Epic...: Peach
This one's gotta go to peach. Nothing crushes your epicness like big hearts coming out your ***. And golf clubs and and tennis rackets for smashes don't help you out either. Let's not forget the parasol or the fact that if her voice were any higher, humans would not be able to hear her.

Second:
Jigglypuff comes in a very close second, but Rest got her up to second-worst.

Anyway, what's your opinion? Who's epic? Who's not?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Amen brothah! Lucario is intense. I think Ike is also pretty epic because his just a freakin' awesome blue-haired, blunt mannered dude who swings around a two-handed golden blade with one hand. Not to mention is down taunt makes him look unbelievable bad***

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Most Epic: Ike (cause i'm biased and the fact that he has an epic story behind him)
Second: Link (also biased and the fact that he doesn't need to talk to express action)
Least Epic: Everything you said. Peach is just lame and while Jiggs is cool in way, the rest is....meh.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
most epic: captain nerfed
second most epic: blue haired roy: AETHER!!!

not so epic: blue haired roy: AETHER!!!?? HWARGLFB, (AETHERcides)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Don't forget "Show me ya moves!". No Falcon is epic without it.

rambull

Smash Rookie
warioman. he can out speed futuristic space cars with a motorcycle and kill people by his awesome farting power!
ice climbers are the most non-epic characters.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi: Ain't afraid to take out one of the most evil Nintendo viliians of all time, Dimentio. He'll do anything when he musters up the courage too, that's epic. Also, Mr. L and Negative Zone.

Not epic: Jigglypuff, her loss of the Rambo headband was baaaaaaad.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
A few things I forgot:

Otacon: "OK, ready? Go!"
Snake: "Falcon Puuuunch!"
Otacon: "Falcon Kiiiiiiick!"

Pink Falcon's always epic.

Try playing on Green Greens around the bomb block things for SD epicness. "Falcon Pu-UAGH!!"

all his moves have awesome battle cry noises.

Oh, and Tudor is a beast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OKkeS1MG4&feature=related

Rudra

Smash Ace
Most Epic: Captain Falcon, for said reasons and because he is the manliest character in Brawl (imo). C'mon. He even makes Pink look bad***!

-Ike probably second. Holding a 2 handed blade with one hand is awesome, and he fights for his friends.(Also when he hits you, it sounds like you're getting hit with a gigantic log instead of a sword. Awesome!)

Not so Epic: Peach...yeah.
Second: Ice Climbers (They're good as a duo, but alone...)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Most Epic: Jiggs.
Runner-Up: Samus

Close second here for Samus, but there's just something epic about beating the crap out of Bowser with a puffball. You know, assuming you can pull something out of a nerfed, already-low-tier character.
Anyone wants to argue about Jiggs's epicness and I'll gladly give you proof.

Runner-Up: Lucario
Least Epic: Toon Link/Wario

NO. Why did we get a character named after his ART STYLE? Not to mention he's not even "cartoon", he's cel-shaded.
Wario ties because he's a crude character who was crappily animated because they were too lazy to animate him correctly, and they made a bull excuse of "a martial arts style not visible" or whatever they called it.
Not to mention his fully-charged fart attack can suicide.

Lucario because he's an overrated Pokemon and he replaced Mewtwo.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Peach the least epic?:mad:

:mad: If my Wii wasn't broken, I'd challenge you to a brawl right now just to shut you right up. I'll keep your name memorized so when it does get fixed (which is quite soon actually) you'll see what epic truly, means, k? ;)

Anyway....

Most Epic: Peach, if you get creamed by a princess, you just prove her epicness.;)

Least Epic: Captain Falcon, He's WAY too overrated and WAY too "Manly"... if you like to call it that.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Lucario because he's an overrated Pokemon and he replaced Mewtwo.
I take offense to that! Whether or not he's a crappy Pokemon in the series (I stopped watching like 8 years ago) does not affect his epicness. If you've got a problem with his Aura Sphere or something, say it, but don't knock him for something someone else (i.e. the pokemon writers) made him do. It's not his fault I tell you!

And self-SD'ing is pretty epic if you ask me...

Hey and Peachy, I'm not criticizing her ability in combat, I'm just saying she's not epic. And anyway, I suck, so beating me won't prove a whole lot...

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Hey and Peachy, I'm not criticizing her ability in combat, I'm just saying she's not epic. And anyway, I suck, so beating me won't prove a whole lot...
♥Okay, that's totally understandable.... I guess. ;)

I'd still like to brawl you sometime anyway. ;)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I take offense to that! Whether or not he's a crappy Pokemon in the series (I stopped watching like 8 years ago) does not affect his epicness. If you've got a problem with his Aura Sphere or something, say it, but don't knock him for something someone else (i.e. the pokemon writers) made him do. It's not his fault I tell you!

And self-SD'ing is pretty epic if you ask me...

Don't worry, lucario is one of the 'high tier' pokemon, he is really good in the pokemon games.

BUT STILL, mewtwo is a LOT better and pwnsome than him (in the pokemon games), thereby i find it offensive that sakurai kicked out one of the best characters ( in the pokemon games) from smash.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I did too, but it does affect his epicness. It's the only reason he's in, other than that there's nothing special about him. He's a fun character to play with, interesting, etc. but I dislike him as a Pokemon so I dislike him. I didn't even ever see that Lucario movie, I just hate that he got popularity for it when other Pokemon clearly deserved that spot 100x more than he did, Mewtwo especially, but he's certainly not the only one.

Don't worry, lucario is one of the 'high tier' pokemon, he is really good in the pokemon games.

BUT STILL, mewtwo is a LOT better and pwnsome than him (in the pokemon games), thereby i find it offensive that sakurai kicked out one of the best characters ( in the pokemon games) from smash.
Lulz at "high tier" Pokemon...

But yeah, I guess it technically would be the "high tier" of Pokemon. Mewtwo's "God tier" though. ;)

In any case, Lucario's pretty nice but he's still not all that special, and certainly didn't deserve the spot. The only two fourth gen Pokemon that I actually like are Piplup (and evolutions, I suppose) and Shaymin. So 5, actually.
I'm a Pokemaniac, so yeah, I'm going to judge him based on him as a Pokemon. Don't take so much offense from it, I think Pikachu is overrated and doesn't deserve the spot too. If Ash had started with Bulbasaur or Squirtle or Charmander they'd be the big popular one, so it's stupid.

Jiggs, PT, Pichu and Mewtwo are the only ones who weren't completely qualified by the Anime. Pichu was mostly though, because it got in because of Pikachu.

Skwerlly

Smash Rookie
Falcon punch:

It's not the practicality of your moves that counts, but rather the badassery inherit in it.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't final smashes help the epicness of a character. Because Captain Falcon and Olimar have pretty epic final smashes. Whats more fun then watching your opponents getting run over by "BLUE FALCON" or getting crushed by Olimars rocket.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd say Ganondorf is the most epic character ever. In terms of everything. His attacks are badass. His taunts are badass. Even his death cry is badass.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Most epic: Pikachu. Mostly because I main him but him.:p But his down B is like the best move ever!

Second: Ganan. He, imo, should be top tier in manliness. Plus his hair is like the coolest thing ever.:psycho:

Least: G&W. What is up with him? He like...flips sasauges at you...:dizzy: What a pu55y.

Second: Marth, arch rival of Ike and has a really girlish name....plus his taunt is very odd.:embarrass

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Most epic: Link (because im biased and he had one of the best makeovers in brawl). Plus its funny when casuals are like " Zomg its dat guy from Twilight Princess! Zomg he's in the game?! That's so cool! But why is he called Link? He was called <insert name they gave him in their game files>"

Sonic/ Tlink have an honorable mention because i almost exploded when they were announced

Least: Wolf is way too overated and i just dont really care for him....

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Most Epic: Zelda, most definitely. Best makeover hands down (don't worry, Link is up there too), a brunette amongst blondes. Plus she's intelligent, beautiful, and tries to help out Link as much as she can *glares in Peach's general direction*. Of course, I must mention what is tied formost epic air-forward-A in the game: Lightning Kick.

Most Potentially Epic: Captain Falcon. If it weren't for you fanbrats, he could almost tie with Zelda. Look at him: He's got t3h phire (which is always a plus), he's fast, and he's not afraid to wear pink (in two of his alts! Can Mario say that?). But the guy's fanbase brings him down a lot.

Runners up for most epic: Luigi (he's hilarious, quirky, and he faces his fears), Meta Knight (all that power...and the looks and smexy voice to back it up!), Link (one moment he's a wuzzy wuzzy puppy wolf, the next he's the hero of multiple things. Nothing about him not to like, save for his fanbase and that wolf-Link was totally pandering to the wolf-lovers out there. Link is not a wolf in my mind)

Epic Cuteness Award: Toon Link, R.O.B.

Least Epic: Mr. Game & Watch. He's a piece of paper. Woooooooooo.

Least Epic Runners-up: Peach (I bet she's fun to play as, just not very epic) Pokemon trainer (Sissy. Go out there and fight like the man you wish you were!) Wario (They went too over-the-top with him. He's a joke. A joke that's not that funny.), Ice Climbers (Why the heck did they keep them in Brawl! Nobody likes the Ice Climbers! They should've cut them for Lyn or Toon Zelda or Dixie Kong or...um...some other female character not named Krystal.)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I think Pichu's absence was the most EPIC FAIL in Brawl.
That and Wolf's famous phailmaster.

Most EPIC: Captain Falcon's trip into Ike's Fsmash.
Both are pretty awesome (CF trips like 1/4th of the way of FD), and Ike's fsmash rocks.
No denying it.
Ike's fsmash hits before Falcon Punch, and therefore IKE ROCKS.
Somewhat flawed logic, but we all have it.

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
jigglypuff least epic??

use her final smash against noobs on yoshis level
"hahaha loook hes turning all big...what a stupid final smash! jigglypuff sucks!"
*jigglypuff shoves the characters out like 100mph*
":'( ....what?"

Jigglypuff wins

MyNameIsRyan

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a tree... and.... uh i see a car... a
Epic: Wario. Farts on opponents to kill them, end of story.
Honorable mention: Captain Falcon. When i land any move as him i get a feeling of epicness.

Epic fail: Pit. He annoys me so much i just want to tie him up and kick him off of Skyworld
Not honorable mention: Lucario. Like Pit i want to jump in the game and start wacking him over the head with a large, blunt, meal object.

Top Bottom