• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Atlus8

Smash Master
I have only played online a handful of times since I have been waiting on the netcode to improve! I have pretty much been trying to master all the characters at this point and nearly 3/4 there! I was hoping to get all of them done by the time SSFIVAE came out, but that ain't gonna happen!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
What is the patch bringing anyways? And yeah. Easymac is a good name, probably why he is fun. I really just like Sub-Zero and Smoke though. I can't play Subz online, though.

I'm trying to get all non-mastery trophies before I work on that (since every little thing I do adds up for it), so I'm trying to get online trophies. Annoying, to say the least. The lag is terrible. I mean terrible. ._.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well the Patch will fix a few characters (Nerf Raiden, KL more, Buff Jax, some others...) and fix the bad online for those who don;t know, just being brief here

Atlus8

Smash Master
Can't wait until the developers bring us some better training options! I'm glad they are listening!

Alright, I'm tired of trying to master all the characters through ladder, but I want to play some AE as well so I ordered another controller on amazon to put this thing on overdrive and get the damn platinum!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was talking smack about this game before and I'm gonna get a lot of deserved **** for this but I'm just gonna eat my humble pie and come out and say this game turned out better than I ever expected, it's damn good.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
At 57% on trophies! :] Getting there, yo. I also noticed that the Pandora's Box scene from GoW3 is a stage...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was talking smack about this game before and I'm gonna get a lot of deserved **** for this but I'm just gonna eat my humble pie and come out and say this game turned out better than I ever expected, it's damn good.
I think everyone expected this game to turn out a lot worse than it ended up being.

I finally picked up a copy of this. I've been playing Noob more, he seems to fit my style a bit better than Sub-Zero or Reptile.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Noobs gay.

Problem, Twist?

I always cp Smoke.
I like my chances as Noob against Smoke better than as Sub-Zero. It's that way for all the teleport characters really. With Sub I have a lot of trouble getting my clones to work for me against teleporters so I basically just have to keep using footsies and trying to read their mixups, which is a real pain. With Noob it's not much different, but I can at least do my own teleport shenanigans.

I would play Noob, but the puking thing grosses me out too much.
Yeah, I don't really like the puke part of his X-Ray that much either. I do like how he runs off afterwards giggling though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Smoke counters the **** out of all zoners because of the counter and the teleports. He's much worse than most teleporters. He has no mix up game though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I ran into a Saibot Spammer (the whole spam your teleport/shadow throws) and I just countered it with Smoke's counter/teleport.

It was laggy though, so that helped.

I also decided to be a *** and play Saibot Spammer. I won 4 matches in a row or something doing that , lol. No one ever tried to do something different...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Having block where your thumb is would be way easier.

stance lp rp

block lk rk
I actually put block where my pinkie is with the same control scheme as hemightbegiant. I have large hands so I don't have to stretch them that far to hit it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I've been really digging this game so far.
Smoke is crazy fun.
Thinking about getting into the competitive scene.
I main Mileena and Smoke. Try this..[Smoke]

Against the wall : A,Y...A,Y...A,Y..quickly uppercut. Should yield a simple +30%

Regular spacing : Y,X/smokeball/ step forward/A,Y/ step forward/A down X,Y/forward B,B. Should be 30 something. You can replace the forward BB with jump Kick teleport(enhanced for more damage).

Hit the practice arena!! These two combos are damaging and are easily executed in combat.

Um..Ermac: Y,Y/teleslam/ neutral jump kick/teleport/ Xray = 49%
Replace Xray with enhanced telepush for a simple 37% execution.

Everything I write on this thread can be simply done in combat, regardless of competition level.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My corner combo with smoke used to be...

3 b+1 2 nj punch 3 b+1 2 j kick air throw otg smoke bomb j kick air throw.

You could replace the last part with a x ray.

Too bad the OTG is gone.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Don't worry, I know my combos, haha. Your corner combo can also be improved by smoke bombing instead of uppercutting, which leads into more things. I like to end my combos with air grabs generally because I can keep the pressure on that way.

Yeah, losing OTG smoke bomb is annoying, but I can deal. Smoke just needs more mixups.

I've also been using Jax a lot lately, which is a shame because he sucks.

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Smoke doesn't have mix ups. This is why he isn't a good character. back 2 and sweep are your only ones.
His only way of really ****ing you up was by catching you in the air but too bad his air throw bnb is gone. Oh, but lets let Kung Lao, Ermac, Sektor, Kitana, and Kabal keep the option to do so. That makes sense. Lets let the characters that do stupid damage (Kitana, Ermac) and the ones who have crazy mix ups (Kung Lao, Sektor, Kabal) keep it, but the character that can't open anybody up? Noooooooo.

Smoke is now a Noob, Shang, Cyrax, and Sub Zero counter.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Smoke doesn't have mix ups. This is why he isn't a good character. back 2 and sweep are your only ones.
His only way of really ****ing you up was by catching you in the air but too bad his air throw bnb is gone. Oh, but lets let Kung Lao, Ermac, Sektor, Kitana, and Kabal keep the option to do so. That makes sense.
Well, he isn't bad either. Smoke is decent. I just like the ability to... never be camped. That's always nice.
I also think people undersell EX shake. I like tossing in a wakeup EX shake every once and awhile. Gets the pressure off me and keeps the opponent guessing a bit.

But yeah, if you think Smoke is bad, play Jax for a bit. That man is terrible.

Top Bottom