• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm nearly finished with the 24 hour devotion time for every character! Still gotta get the victories, fatalities, blood and x-rays, but those won't take nearly as much!
You should've done those first :p Woulda made more sense...

XD

Heres some tips:

-Use X-rays on Versus matches with the kombat code activated that makes hp higher or damage output less, or some crap... I fotget which one. This lets you do 24/match
-Use the kode to make the game 1hit kills to spam victories

Blood just comes in time. ;)

Atlus8

Smash Master
You should've done those first :p Woulda made more sense...

XD

Heres some tips:

-Use X-rays on Versus matches with the kombat code activated that makes hp higher or damage output less, or some crap... I fotget which one. This lets you do 24/match
-Use the kode to make the game 1hit kills to spam victories

Blood just comes in time. ;)
Sounds all good! However, I only have one controller and I'm sure as hell not gonna buy another one just to get through all this! I'm doing it the hard way on 1 round ladder!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ahhh I get you man. I'd have done those bfore the 24hr one especially then... but man you're a boss.

Can you give me tips on Arcade Master Trophy? I really need help >< The CPU cheat.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I used Liu-Kang since computers sometimes have trouble blocking his b3, 1, 2 string!

Beating Goro and Kintaro is easy as well! You can easily react to their stomps coming on top of you and the best way to punish that is to jump straight up then punch! Landing the punch is VERY EASY and it will give you the ground bounce to follow up!

You gotta play a little more defensively against Shao Khan! Watch out for the straight shoulder tackle since it has long range and make sure to block and keep on blocking after he does it once cause he will most likely shoulder tackle again right after! Just wait for him to open up when he hurls those hammers at you and punish him!

Fletch

Smash Master
Alright, didn't believe the hype but I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, guess I'll keep playing. Add me on PSN, "ClownMafia", just send a message with it saying SWF and I'll add you.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Punish shao khan with what? :3

And what do you do about goro/kintaro's projectiles, just jump over or block...or can you duck them?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I jumped in with punch and did Liu-Kangs b3, 1, 2 dash b3, 1, 2 dash string!

You can duck their projectiles, but they usually spam that when you start spamming your own! I'm always close to them and react to their moves since they are slow!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ You're good. ;) I'll make sure to try this. I assume you set time t0 30 sec on norm fights, and 1 round?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I'm with Lithium.

Go to youtube and search "mk9 in the lab" and "Justin Wong Mortal Kombat 9" You can learn a lot from those videos.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
On the downhill slide to finishing Challenge Tower. At 260, god 251 was terrible...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Challenge 300 sounds easier than 251. I hated being Shang Tsung(sp). I can see his potential, but he is too slow with me. I've mainly been doing Sub-Zero/Smoke, but played Kratos/Kang recently. Kratos is sooooo slow but soooo powerful, lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** man kratos pisses me off

It's like scorpion but he can't teleport and his hook thing is a million times more annoying

:phone:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
**** man kratos pisses me off

It's like scorpion but he can't teleport and his hook thing is a million times more annoying

He really isn't like Scorpion at all <_<.

Kratos is really weird because his good stuff is slow so therefore it needs to be komboed into, but... I lack the patience to practice. Like I said, I mainly do Sub-Zero/Smoke anyways. I actually suck with them too, lol.

As of late I've been doing Challenge Tower. Stuck on 269.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
if you want to win online as kratos:

1. use the counter move at right times and cancel it into some easy combo
2. repeat till hes dead

you can win probably 90% of the matches, except vs chars like noob saibot xD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I find his fleece hard to time. Like a lot harder than in the GoW games or Smoke's counter. But yeah, you're right. That's like his gateway into stuff like Olympic Toss.

Iunno if you can, but Fleece > Back+Triangle > Head of Helios > Forward+Triangle(Hold) > O could do 35%+

That may not be the correct input, though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Does that mean she can only do a fatality once a month?
That's just great.

Challenge Tower done, now to the Arcade. I believe the only ending's I've done is Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Kratos, and Smoke. 23 more to go xD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I beat the arcade ladder on hardest difficulty with Sheeva. Her unblockable jump attack/grabs are the bane of CPU existence. It's like Lariat all over again.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, I did that on SSFIV, lol.

Yeah all I did was spam her jump attack/throw, not using the throw on Goro/Shao Khan obviously.

Funnny as ****.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
He is. Now I just need ranked match to connect me to my rl friend one day. Some of the online trophies are dumb

1: Opponet's health is 100%, your's is 10% or lower. Make a comeback.
2: Both times you win have more hp so you win by default
3: 8 grabs in one match
4: Flawless victory

My strat to get all 4 in one go (then do it for him):

First Match

-Flawless victory via timeout? (Hope this works)

Second Match

-He gets me to 10%, I comeback but win via timeout (might be hard to pull off tbh)
I use 8 grabs during this time as well.

Should get all 4 in one go. The whole winning through time out on the second one may not happen though...either way it'd take 2 matches each at most. I just wish I could get him and not these backwoods *******.

I'm at 0win/5loss/4disconenct on Ranked because I keep ditching the other peeps. I'm going to start unplugging my cord so it's d/c, lol. That doesn't count on your ranked status.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Not for me, I just keep lagging all the time... and I'm not totally sure it's all me. I played SSFIV/MVC3 with like no lag, ever. >_>

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is online working? At least for PS3?

I got this games weeks ago, but I have yet to play it, first I want to acquire all the klassic costumes, so far I've only collected Sub-Zero and Jade's.

Hopefully they'll include the rest as DLC content.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, onlines been back. They're gonna start selling the klassic costumes.

I don't know if I'll keep playing Smoke after the 7th. They're taking out his OTG smokebomb. Not only does the take away all of his bnbs but he's now easymode, boring, and still has a average mix up game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, been going for the 10 win streak online ranked (via disconnecting, I know yell at me, once I get the trophy, I'll never do it again) At 2 win streak because... I kept forgetting to disconnect, lmao. At like 17win/20loss, but a good15 of those are from quitting at character select because me and my bud were trying to find each other.

Anyways, some notes:

I'm Subz/Smoke atm, with no one else really.

Liu Kang is fun.
Kratos is fun...but for nostalgic purposes I think.
Ermac is <3
Noob is so fun to mess with. I won so many random matches online spamming with him. It's fun to piss people off.

Top Bottom