• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gardevoir's a bit of a weird one for me. S/he has always been one of my favourite Gen 3 Pokemon, she's my favourite type in psychic, and Emerald and Sapphire were my favourite Pokemon games.

I have never even considered her for Smash, although I was happy to see her make it into Pokken.
I always assumed Gen 3 was a no hope and Mewtwo was covering the psychic element(a shame, or I'd be more supportive of my favourite Alakazam), but this recent leak has made me consider her.

How many Pokemon can honestly say they've enjoyed Lucario style levels of lasting popularity that aren't already in Smash? Eevee and it's evolutions, Meowth(thanks to the anime), Blaziken, Gengar, Mew, Garchomp and Gardevoir are some of the only ones I can think of that have managed to remain popular and slightly marketed after their generations are up...

...my issue with Pokemon in Smash has been everything feels very 'flavour of the week'. Greninja honestly felt that way to me and all the suggestions thrown out for a Gen 7 Pokemon did similarly...Gardevoir doesn't have that stigma to me as she's at the very least around Lucario's level of popularity(and annoyingly for me far more popular than my beloved Alakazam).

I think I'd be pretty satisfied with Gardevoir if the leak turns out to be true. I just want the Pokemon that are chosen to be chosen because they're actually popular rather than advertisment all the damn time.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Here we go, Gardevoir's Metal Gear Codec (I'd wager it'd be Mewtwo who gets the Psycho mantis treatment)

Snake: Mei Ling, what is this thing?! Is it a ghost?
Mei Ling: Not even close Snake. That's Gardevoir, a Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon.
Snake: Fairy? It certainly looks delicate. It looks like I could snap it in half with a punch.
Mei Ling: Don't let looks deceive you. It may lacking in body strength but it more than makes up for it with it's powers. If you threaten anyone it cares about it can even summon a black hole and then it would be game over for you!
Snake: Huh... I better catch it unaware before it has a chance.
Mei Ling: That's how you work best, isn't Snake?
Can't lie, that's perfect.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I would be SO excited for Gardevoir to be in Smash, I've always wanted her but thought it never seemed possible but now...idk things are looking preeetty possible! I'm a supporter :)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Hey guys, I've been updating the op of the thread a bit though I've faced enormous dfficulties with the Smashboards spoiler code along the way and still can't figure it out, not to mention it is pretty late so I think I'm going to stop for tonight, though I do plan to continue it some time later.

Does anyone think they can make something like this for Gardevoir by the way? I think it'd be pretty helpful.

Was going to bring up another topic too but it's escaped my mind, oh well.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's a topic, what voice should Gardevoir get? There has been different interpretations throughout the years, so what do you guys think?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, what voice should Gardevoir get? There has been different interpretations throughout the years, so what do you guys think?
I'm not quite sure but I hope it get localised, unlike Pokken was.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What do you mean?
The Pokemon in Pokken all have their Japanese voices. It's not as noticeable as Pikachu is the only one doing the full blatant Poke-speak but you can still hear Gardevoir saying the syllables of "Saanito"

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The Pokemon in Pokken all have their Japanese voices. It's not as noticeable as Pikachu is the only one doing the full blatant Poke-speak but you can still hear Gardevoir saying the syllables of "Saanito"
This is true, but I like the way it sounds much more then the bored sounding one I've heard in English. Hopefully they'll just avoid Poké-speak with Gardevoir like they do with Lucario & Mewtwo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is true, but I like the way it sounds much more then the bored sounding one I've heard in English. Hopefully they'll just avoid Poké-speak with Gardevoir like they do with Lucario & Mewtwo.
Yeah, hopefully the voice director can get a bit more oomph out of the performance this time.

Side note: In my headcanon, Gardevoir as a whole have a French accent while Gallade have Olde English ones.

Though I don't think they can avoid Pokespeak entirely then Gardevoir would be speaking English and then it would be basically like having my comic's protagonist in the game. That'd be a little freaky.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, hopefully the voice director can get a bit more oomph out of the performance this time.

Side note: In my headcanon, Gardevoir as a whole have a French accent while Gallade have Olde English ones.

Though I don't think they can avoid Pokespeak entirely then Gardevoir would be speaking English and then it would be basically like having my comic's protagonist in the game. That'd be a little freaky.
They could always just reuse the voice clips from Pokkén for the most part.
Maybe go the extra mile and have that voice actress say 'Gardevoir' when needed, since it's the name used everywhere except Japan, China, and Korea (China also uses Sirknight/Sanaito while Korea has Gadian).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Also, I don't recall Gardevir ever speaking English. Lucario & Mewtwo get away with it because of their movies showcasing they have that ability(Heck, Lucario has the same voice actor I recall).

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Also, I don't recall Gardevir ever speaking English. Lucario & Mewtwo get away with it because of their movies showcasing they have that ability(Heck, Lucario has the same voice actor I recall).
They both used telepathy to speak in human languages, they didn't speak them naturally like Meowth or Slowking (still curious how Lucario did that honestly). Gardevoir, as a psychic, could do so.
Still, it's not like any Pokémon in Pokkén, aside from Pikachu, really used PokéSpeak, but they didn't speak a human language either, mostly just vocal sounds.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They both used telepathy to speak in human languages, they didn't speak them naturally like Meowth or Slowking (still curious how Lucario did that honestly). Gardevoir, as a psychic, could do so.
Still, it's not like any Pokémon in Pokkén, aside from Pikachu, really used PokéSpeak, but they didn't speak a human language either, mostly just vocal sounds.
I think it depends on the physic. Not every physic we come across in the games, anime, and manga an really speak. I am curious what the deciding factor is, as it does not appear to be IQ, otherwise every Alakazam people would come across would be talking up a storm. As for Lucario, it apparently has a lot to do with it's connection to aura, helped by it's ability to sense peoples emotions.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They don't need as many voiced sound effects in smash, I think, it could be much simpler sounds, like Lucario. Not that they're super complex in pokken, but they do go beyond the norm a tiny bit.

And EarlTamm EarlTamm , The voice acting just has hints of human-like voicing at some points, but maybe I'm wrong and maybe someone can refer me to when they really used words. They'd probably be said to communicate with images or feelings in telepathy, or at least it's the mind that translates to words, dunno. Just speculating cuz I haven't watched all of the anime.

addition: I guess there's more pokemon that can talk with humans than I thought. It doesn't say if telepathy comes out as words tho:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talking_Pokémon#In_the_anime

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They don't need as many voiced sound effects in smash, I think, it could be much simpler sounds, like Lucario. Not that they're super complex in pokken, but they do go beyond the norm a tiny bit.

And EarlTamm EarlTamm , The voice acting just has hints of human-like voicing at some points, but maybe I'm wrong and maybe someone can refer me to when they really used words. They'd probably be said to communicate with images or feelings in telepathy, dunno. Just speculating cuz I haven't watched all of the anime.
Yeah, I have no doubt that it would just be simple sounds, I am just curious if Gardevoir ever did speak. Admittedly, you can never truly know with how much Pokemon media there is and that fact that goes doubly when the Pokemon is physic. Also, I just remembered, while Lucario does have voice lines, Mewtwo actually does not. Well, he laughs like an evil villain, but not much besides that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just changed my post because clearly there's more to it than I knew, but it could be as simple as that the mind can translate the telepathy as words. But maybe it doesn't really matter lol. I don't think they'd use words in a fighting game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
addition: I guess there's more pokemon that can talk with humans than I thought. It doesn't say if telepathy comes out as words tho:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talking_Pokémon#In_the_anime
I just changed my post because clearly there's more to it than I knew, but it could be as simple as that the mind can translate the telepathy as words. But maybe it doesn't really matter lol. I don't think they'd use words in a fighting game.
Well, it says Raltz is telepathic, so there's that. Of course this is tha anime and it comes from Gen 3 episode if I got my facts right, so I don't think it would factor in. At the end of the day, I do think it will be basic sounds with minimal Pokespeak. I guess the question is are they gonna go with the Pokken voice(Isn't that the Japanese Gardevoir voice?) or the English voice.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I checked out how she sounds in the anime (english) and it doesn't sound very good :/
I would rather have the japanese voice, if those are the choices lol.

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
Does anyone think they can make something like this for Gardevoir by the way? I think it'd be pretty helpful.

Was going to bring up another topic too but it's escaped my mind, oh well.

Not the same size, and not the same font, but it's passable.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
Gardevoir is my favourite Fairy Type(and one of my favourite Psychic-Types), I support, even tho I dont belive in the Leak that guessed Richter

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I wonder how many Poke-Ball assists we will get in this game? Probably over 50 just like Assist Trophies since there were 42 in Smash 4. So far we are 35 in with 23 being returning, and of course there is no way we have seen all the new ones. The next wave will be tense for sure, it will get me those Ashley feels. >_<

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just hope that if Gardevoir is a Pokeball Pokemon, we find out soon.

I don't want to be Ridley'd or Isaac'd.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just hope that if Gardevoir is a Pokeball Pokemon, we find out soon.

I don't want to be Ridley'd or Isaac'd.
Why? You want to be disappointed sooner rather than later lol?

I just want to enjoy smash regardless, and I'll be over the moon(blast) if she's in :D:D

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250

I just want to enjoy smash regardless, and I'll be over the moon(blast) if she's in :D:D
I think it's more so he doesn't want to have it be in a mystery for so long like it was for those two, especially Ridley who caused huge amount of debates with the boss tease. Since the game will be out in less than 4 months we will at least have our answer sooner, though it could end up like Isaac and she is somehow just omitted from it, or just a trophy, (like how Meowth went from a Pokeball to a trophy in Melee).

Does anyone else remember Pokemon Type Wild? I've been playing around with it lately and I think I enjoy it even more than Pokken, shame it got taken down (At least from what I can tell) because we all know Nintendo and fan games.
I actually quite like Gardevoir's voice in that game though I believe it is unofficial? Not sure could be taken from the Japanese episodes of the show, I just know the art was done by one or some of the people who made the art for the anime. Don't really expect it to have the same moves as there, most likely more akin to Pokken but they're pretty similar anyway. One move I think would be fun to see but is unlikely is the air twirl.

I also love the sprites in the game in general.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes actually.

If I find out before hand, I can accept it and move on and enjoy the game for what it is.
If it takes until the games release, the disappointment will taint the hype a bit.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, it was just like with Ashley. I'm glad we found out she was an AT again at the direct rather than close to the game's release. If Gardevoir is not playable, I hope they show her in the next direct, but I want to believe she has a fair shot.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see. Well, I want to savor the mystery a bit because I like dreaming a bit about it, and I it'll be harder to do so once it gets to it. But then again if the next direct is like in 2 months then I've got plenty of time lol.

I think I can understand it affecting your hype. it depends on how you invest yourself in things.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Palutena's Guidance: Gardevoir

Pit: Lady Palutena, do you have a sister with short hair?
Palutena: Ha ha ha! That's not a Goddess, Pit. That is Gardevoir, the Embrace Pokemon.
Pit: Embrace? It doesn't attack by hugging me and jabbing me with that spike does it?
Palutena: No, Gardevoir are Psychic and Fairy Type Pokemon who use their emphatic powers to bend the fabric of space around them. If its trainer is under threat then they can use some pretty scary powers so watch your step.
Pit: Using great power to defend people? Maybe it's an angel!
Virida: Blech! Stop patting yourself on the back.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So any news on the leak?

I’m still sure Gardevoir is being under considered for possible since we all wanted a gen 3 playable and Gardevoir is popular

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So any news on the leak?

I’m still sure Gardevoir is being under considered for possible since we all wanted a gen 3 playable and Gardevoir is popular
Well it's got some suspicion in that the character codes don't quite match up to WiiU's but there's enough play in the story (i.e. sounds like he didn't get to take the code home to look over it and did it in a hurry) that it can be passed off.

Long story short: Until we see Gardevoir in Smash or the game launches and they're not in it, we don't know. My higher brain functions say "lucky fake" but my heart says "yes".

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well leak or not, Gardevoir has a decent shot since the majority of newcomers so far are older popular characters like Ridley, K.Rool, Daisy, and Simon. Maybe instead of doing a Greninja, Sakurai wants to put in a Pokemon that has proven popularity like Gardevoir. Though he could put both Gardevoir and a Gen VII rep as the Pokemon franchise is big enough for it.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The leak shot her up quite a bit, but she's a popular pokemon anyway, and I'd say she has a chance, especially if they wanted to add a feminine character but wouldn't go for Shantae for a unique fighter, for some reason. I'd say Gardevoir is still more well-known, so even though I think Shantae has more chance because of the ballot, if they want to appeal to a wider audience, it might better to go with Gardevoir.
Factoring everything, I low-ball her chances at around 23%. it might be modest(nature), or not, but that's just my placement at the time.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So I finally got around to making a moveset for Gardevoir. It has Gothitelle echo in mind so the attacks are moves suited to both.
Similar to Rosalina, Gardevoir rarely touches the ground. It's lightweight and floaty but has higher air speed than Rosi with a slower dash.

Jab: 2 slaps followed by Garde doing an animation similar to Mewtwo's Disable, creating a tiny shockwave that knocks opponents away.
Ftilt: after a quick spin, downward slash with hand. Creates a slash of psychic energy that shoots forwards as a projectile to do weak damage. Reaches to just over 1/3 FD.
Utilt: Pushing itself up with telekinesis, Garde headbutts upwards.
Dtilt: Peach's old down tilt, backward slap along the ground, just without the spike.
Dash: After bringing both hands in, does a cross slash forwards as it bounces back. Powerful but high endlag.

Fsmash: Brings both hands to it's chest, then extends them forwards for a multihit attack. Pretty much Zelda's Fsmash.
Usmash: Dazzling Gleam. Gathers light energy around it to a point above it's head, where it shoots off a ball of light upwards as a projectile. Startup pushes opponents at the side into the light ball above.
Dsmash: Dazzling Gleam. Swirls glittery light around itself as it twirls once before blasting it away along with opponents. Multihit.

Nair: Brings both arms in as psychic slash emit from it's body. Multihit like Zelda nair with 4 hits.
Fair: Extends hand forwards and creates a psychic blast out of it. Good kill move off stage as it hit's opponents close to horizontal.
Bair: Does an upwards slash with it's hand as it spins once. Hits opponents upwards.
Uair: Twirls with one hand extended upwards, creating a glittery vortex above. Like Palutena's uair but thinner.
Dair: Extends it's feet downwards and spins once at a slight angle. Doesn't spike and pretty weak, just for dealing with opponents below.

Grab: Simply attempts to grab with one hand. Sub-par range to make up for side B.
Pummel: Attacks the opponent with weak psychic energy.
Fthrow: Reels back, then puts hand on opponent, and blasts them away with a psychic blast.
Bthrow: Elegantly spins around once with the opponent spinning with it, then throws them backwards.
Uthrow: Holds them overhead with both hands, then extends them to the side blasting the opponent upwards
Dthrow: Spins them behind and overhead, then whacks them into the floor in front. combo throw.

B: Future Sight. Borrowed from Zelda's Din's Fire, Gardevoir sends out a small pink orb while holding B. Letting go of B has the orb flash then disappear. 4 seconds later a powerful blast of psychic energy explodes from where the pink orb stopped. Can be controlled up or down as it flies out. Good damage and kill move at high %.

Side B: Psychic. Ranged command grab. Gardevoir focuses psychic power onto a specific point in front of it, around 1/4th FD range. Any opponent at this point gets constricted by psychic energy. Gardevoir can then choose to throw them away for it, towards, upwards, or deal damage, as the initial grab only deals about 2%. Grabbing in the air has both characters float but shortens the hold time. Has a startup and can be stopped by the opponent having a hitbox out while Gardevoir attempts to grab.

Up B: Telekinesis. Gardevoir creates an anti-grav effect in a radius around it, allowing free movement in the air for around 3 seconds. Any opponents and items in the effect are pushed along with Gardevoir (as a sort of windbox effect, so they're free to move around themselves). Can air dodge and attack out of the move, but enters freefall afterwards. Didn't just wanna go with Teleport for an easy recovery move but it works here too.

Down B: Light Screen. Creates a shield around Gardevoir that reflects any projectiles. If Gardevoir attacks, gets attacked or after 8ish seconds, the barrier goes down. Startup is pretty laggy and the reflect effect doesn't go up straight away, so it's more for preemptively dealing with projectiles instead of on reaction. Also much weaker than other reflectors. If you attempt a back-and-forth with another reflector, you'll likely lose.

Final Smash: Moonblast. Mega-evolves and creates an image of the moon around itself. If any opponent is caught in it then teleports them to a flowery field at night. Mega Gardevoir appears nearby on a hill, glows and raises a hand to the moon hanging overhead. The moon itself then glows and fire a devastating beam of light onto the opponents, dealing heavy damage and knockback.

Gothitelle changes: Gothitelle's effects are similar to Rosalina's galaxy print attacks as opposed to the pinkish ethereal effects of Gardevoir's attacks. Gothitelle also uses Shattered Psyche as a FS. Gothitelle holds the Psychic Z-Move pose as it creates a large orb in front of it. If an opponent is in this orb then they get teleported to the pink cloudy area where the Z Move happens in Sun and Moon. Gothitelle then performs the move with accuracy to the Sun Moon animation, hitting opponents off psychic barriers before breaking the background into darkness. Besides the effect changes and FS, Gothitelle's differences are rather minimal, relegated to slight changes in knockback direction and % values.

B: Future Sight. Borrowed from Zelda's Din's Fire, Gardevoir sends out a small pink orb while holding B. Letting go of B has the orb flash then disappear. 4 seconds later a powerful blast of psychic energy explodes from where the pink orb stopped. Can be controlled up or down as it flies out. Good damage and kill move at high %.
I love this idea, it's like a charged attack that happens independently from the character itself a bit like Zelda's new Phantom Slash.

Side B: Psychic. Ranged command grab. Gardevoir focuses psychic power onto a specific point in front of it, around 1/4th FD range. Any opponent at this point gets constricted by psychic energy. Gardevoir can then choose to throw them away for it, towards, upwards, or deal damage, as the initial grab only deals about 2%. Grabbing in the air has both characters float but shortens the hold time. Has a startup and can be stopped by the opponent having a hitbox out while Gardevoir attempts to grab.
Very original, would definetly put Gardevoir appart from other character and especially from Mewtwo (the other psychic pokemon). I would love to see that.

As for the rest of the moveset, it's great ! Definetly fuels my hype to see Gardevoir making it into Ultimate.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
So I finally got around to making a moveset for Gardevoir. It has Gothitelle echo in mind so the attacks are moves suited to both.
Similar to Rosalina, Gardevoir rarely touches the ground. It's lightweight and floaty but has higher air speed than Rosi with a slower dash.

Jab: 2 slaps followed by Garde doing an animation similar to Mewtwo's Disable, creating a tiny shockwave that knocks opponents away.
Ftilt: after a quick spin, downward slash with hand. Creates a slash of psychic energy that shoots forwards as a projectile to do weak damage. Reaches to just over 1/3 FD.
Utilt: Pushing itself up with telekinesis, Garde headbutts upwards.
Dtilt: Peach's old down tilt, backward slap along the ground, just without the spike.
Dash: After bringing both hands in, does a cross slash forwards as it bounces back. Powerful but high endlag.

Fsmash: Brings both hands to it's chest, then extends them forwards for a multihit attack. Pretty much Zelda's Fsmash.
Usmash: Dazzling Gleam. Gathers light energy around it to a point above it's head, where it shoots off a ball of light upwards as a projectile. Startup pushes opponents at the side into the light ball above.
Dsmash: Dazzling Gleam. Swirls glittery light around itself as it twirls once before blasting it away along with opponents. Multihit.

Nair: Brings both arms in as psychic slash emit from it's body. Multihit like Zelda nair with 4 hits.
Fair: Extends hand forwards and creates a psychic blast out of it. Good kill move off stage as it hit's opponents close to horizontal.
Bair: Does an upwards slash with it's hand as it spins once. Hits opponents upwards.
Uair: Twirls with one hand extended upwards, creating a glittery vortex above. Like Palutena's uair but thinner.
Dair: Extends it's feet downwards and spins once at a slight angle. Doesn't spike and pretty weak, just for dealing with opponents below.

Grab: Simply attempts to grab with one hand. Sub-par range to make up for side B.
Pummel: Attacks the opponent with weak psychic energy.
Fthrow: Reels back, then puts hand on opponent, and blasts them away with a psychic blast.
Bthrow: Elegantly spins around once with the opponent spinning with it, then throws them backwards.
Uthrow: Holds them overhead with both hands, then extends them to the side blasting the opponent upwards
Dthrow: Spins them behind and overhead, then whacks them into the floor in front. combo throw.

Up B: Telekinesis. Gardevoir creates an anti-grav effect in a radius around it, allowing free movement in the air for around 3 seconds. Any opponents and items in the effect are pushed along with Gardevoir (as a sort of windbox effect, so they're free to move around themselves). Can air dodge and attack out of the move, but enters freefall afterwards. Didn't just wanna go with Teleport for an easy recovery move but it works here too.

Down B: Light Screen. Creates a shield around Gardevoir that reflects any projectiles. If Gardevoir attacks, gets attacked or after 8ish seconds, the barrier goes down. Startup is pretty laggy and the reflect effect doesn't go up straight away, so it's more for preemptively dealing with projectiles instead of on reaction. Also much weaker than other reflectors. If you attempt a back-and-forth with another reflector, you'll likely lose.

Final Smash: Moonblast. Mega-evolves and creates an image of the moon around itself. If any opponent is caught in it then teleports them to a flowery field at night. Mega Gardevoir appears nearby on a hill, glows and raises a hand to the moon hanging overhead. The moon itself then glows and fire a devastating beam of light onto the opponents, dealing heavy damage and knockback.

Gothitelle changes: Gothitelle's effects are similar to Rosalina's galaxy print attacks as opposed to the pinkish ethereal effects of Gardevoir's attacks. Gothitelle also uses Shattered Psyche as a FS. Gothitelle holds the Psychic Z-Move pose as it creates a large orb in front of it. If an opponent is in this orb then they get teleported to the pink cloudy area where the Z Move happens in Sun and Moon. Gothitelle then performs the move with accuracy to the Sun Moon animation, hitting opponents off psychic barriers before breaking the background into darkness. Besides the effect changes and FS, Gothitelle's differences are rather minimal, relegated to slight changes in knockback direction and % values.
Pretty nice concepts, though I don't like how Gardevoir is seeming more similar to the likes of Palutena in some areas than Mewtwo. I suppose it does make sense to differentiate the two Pokemon reps more especially with Gothitelle who seems to be for a lack of better term (And I really mean that) less "acrobatic" for being able to perform things like Mewtwo's fair and such, while Gardevoir had a card where it did a similar swipe as Mewtwo's fair. I myself would prefer the characters it'd be most similar to in moves and such be Zelda, Mewtwo and Rosalina in that order, though still retaining a rather unique moveset.
The Psychic command grab reminds me of its ranged grab from Pokemon Type Wild with the same name funny enough, and I do enjoy using that move. I'm going to add the moveset to the op later.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Gardevoir is my favorite psychic/fairy/gen III pokémon! I would love to see her in smash as a fighter. Also, she's my favorite in Pokkén, so maybe she can connect both games, it would be awesoma!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Does anyone else remember Pokemon Type Wild? I've been playing around with it lately and I think I enjoy it even more than Pokken, shame it got taken down (At least from what I can tell) because we all know Nintendo and fan games.
I actually quite like Gardevoir's voice in that game though I believe it is unofficial? Not sure could be taken from the Japanese episodes of the show, I just know the art was done by one or some of the people who made the art for the anime. Don't really expect it to have the same moves as there, most likely more akin to Pokken but they're pretty similar anyway. One move I think would be fun to see but is unlikely is the air twirl.

I also love the sprites in the game in general.
Yeah that animation is amazing. Do you know if there is a repository to finding those animations outside of just googling for them? I'm currently studying this kind of art to learn how to better animate myself.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Yeah that animation is amazing. Do you know if there is a repository to finding those animations outside of just googling for them? I'm currently studying this kind of art to learn how to better animate myself.
For the sprites themselves, a lot have been uploaded to Spriters-Resource.
For the animations, I've never found a site with just a consistent amount of animations from the game let alone Gardevoir's, though I do recall this account have its own versions of them and such https://www.deviantart.com/leafbarrett/art/Gardevoir-Animation-99115477
Otherwise I just happen to find them while searching, I don't recall a set site. Though here's one more http://es.mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Gardevoir

As for not having updated the op yet, sorry about that, I've been having issues figuring out how to handle the spoiler code, so I've yet to update it due to that.

Top Bottom