• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm wondering how that would work given that Gunners have some kind of impliment to, well gun with.
I'm picturing Gardevoir holding a Remoraid like a revolver.
How about a Rayquaza blaster? Realistically I am unsure, they'd have to get creative with it I assume, maybe something to reference Moonblast, Psywave or something. Some of the gunners already take creative liberty, like having the bear outfits use honey as arms cannons or sans with the gaster blaster as an arm cannon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
A Gardevoir Mii Gunner costume alongside a Gallade Mii Swordfighter could be cool. I wouldn't mind it so much given that I mainly just want it to have more of a presence in Smash really (unlike some other chars who I want just as playable).
If they ever add a 4th mii fighter, mii caster, gardevoir would fit very well there. I amnsurprised we havent gotten a mii caster yet

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If they ever add a 4th mii fighter, mii caster, gardevoir would fit very well there. I amnsurprised we havent gotten a mii caster yet
I think it's a mater of playstyle with Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner covering close, mid and long ranged. Caster would be another Gunner in concept.

It is s little odd thought that Ashley and Viridi are swordfighters when they're more magic based.

Oh, Gardevoir with Honedge Mii Swordfighter!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I think it's a mater of playstyle with Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner covering close, mid and long ranged. Caster would be another Gunner in concept.

It is s little odd thought that Ashley and Viridi are swordfighters when they're more magic based.

Oh, Gardevoir with Honedge Mii Swordfighter!
But isn't Gallade supposed to be the swordfighter?
What if Gardevoir just is Brawler and punches, idk. And then you have Alakazam/Kadabra swodfighter with a giant spoon.

Luminario

Smash Lord
For Gardevoir's gun hand thingy they could just have Garde's hand outstretched with a galaxy portal effect at the end of its hand like Mewtwo's upsmash effect, essentially making it look like it's creating the projectiles out of psychic energy.
While Viridi's scythe is somewhat fitting with the swordfighter I do feel Ashley's mii costume should have been gunner where the gun is just her hand holding the wand out, similar to the KK Slider outfit.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Apparently I posted on this thread in the past even though I don't remember doing so? It's also been 13 months since the last post here, so there's that.

Anywho, I really would think Gardevoir would make a great addition to the roster. She's a popular Pokémon from a region that's unrepresented, so I think they could make her a very valuable addition to the roster. Add me to the list!

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Apparently I posted on this thread in the past even though I don't remember doing so? It's also been 13 months since the last post here, so there's that.

Anywho, I really would think Gardevoir would make a great addition to the roster. She's a popular Pokémon from a region that's unrepresented, so I think they could make her a very valuable addition to the roster. Add me to the list!
Yeah, definitely. I wish they'd stop trying to promote the latest games by trying to predict the flavor of the month and actually pick the popular Pokémon from games past that aren't Gen 1.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yeah, definitely. I wish they'd stop trying to promote the latest games by trying to predict the flavor of the month and actually pick the popular Pokémon from games past that aren't Gen 1.
Yeah the fact that the entire series has become "only [current] and Kanto matter" has really soured the series for me. That's a big part of why I would love to see a Hoenn or Unova rep, because it would do something Modern Pokémon rarely ever does anymore: try to cater to long-time fans without the constant Genwunning that many of us have grown tired of. And it just so happens that Gardie would be one of the ones to rep the former of those two regions perfectly.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah the fact that the entire series has become "only [current] and Kanto matter" has really soured the series for me. That's a big part of why I would love to see a Hoenn or Unova rep, because it would do something Modern Pokémon rarely ever does anymore: try to cater to long-time fans without the constant Genwunning that many of us have grown tired of. And it just so happens that Gardie would be one of the ones to rep the former of those two regions perfectly.
Yeah, its part of why Pokémon Newcomers just don't excite me at all..not only is my favorite from Gen 3 (Gardevoir), but they always pick starters at this point and, lets be honest, newer starters are rarely the most popular in a gen.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, its part of why Pokémon Newcomers just don't excite me at all..not only is my favorite from Gen 3 (Gardevoir), but they always pick starters at this point and, lets be honest, newer starters are rarely the most popular in a gen.
They just got lucky with Greninja. Lightning hasn't struck twice.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
No it hasn't..they keep trying to guess the new hotness for each new gen instead of looking to past gens to see what Pokémon are already popular amongst fans. No other franchise in Smash, aside from maybe Fire Emblem, can accurately compare to how PlayStation All-Star's roster was made up of primarily 'advertisement characters' for whatever new game was coming out or came out recently..though at least for Fire Emblem we already knew that they'd always pick the protag given that's how Sakurai tends to choose first reps for franchises..Pokémon is a different beast entirely, most of the popular Pokémon are evergreen, they'll always be relevant and included in each new game.

Honestly, this is probably a Pokémon Company issue considering that its also reflected in Merchandise for the series..

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Gardevoir's become one of my absolute favorite Pokemon in recent years. I've stated my support for them getting in a couple of times over the years, but since it is customary to post in the support thread of the character in question, I figured I'd drop by and say hello.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
i generally actually don't like the starters. honestly i believe Gardevoir's best bet is if ( Sakurai / new SSB director ) were to look at replacing...

Mewtwo __ /__ Rosalina & Luma

Top Bottom