• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
But yeah, I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I am going to cash in my chips and will strongly support Gardevoir. Having her alongside Geno will truly make the game "ultimate" for me. :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well Noipoi ma boi, seems we are going for round 2 in supporting a magical femme.
Yes I know Gardevoirs can be 50% male

If she does get in, she will get an amiibo. Anyone going to buy it? I sure will. :)
I always catch female Gardevoirs because I always name them the same name across different games. I like to think it's the same Gardevoir following me throughout every region (Yes I know this is lame.).
I'd probably get a Gardevoir Amiibo, if I have the money.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
But yeah, I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I am going to cash in my chips and will strongly support Gardevoir. Having her alongside Geno will truly make the game "ultimate" for me. :p
Same here..I've never been this hyped for a leak character before..my favs tend to either already be in or have no chance at all..ironically the only times my favs got in after a hype train were when they weren't leaked months ahead of time, being Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, Lucina, & Cloud.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So why are we so interested in Gardevoir all the sudden??
A leak which seemed to predict Richter Belmont and K. Rool included her (with Gothitelle as an echo) among them. Freak luck or inside knowledge? You decide. The link the original leak is in the OP of the Gothitelle support thread if you want to see for yourself.

I've been supporting Gardevoir for years (ran one of the old threads) but I'm both glad, and pained it's in the spot light now. Hope is a double edged sword.

D

Deleted member

A leak which seemed to predict Richter Belmont and K. Rool included her (with Gothitelle as an echo) among them. Freak luck or inside knowledge? You decide. The link the original leak is in the OP of the Gothitelle support thread if you want to see for yourself.

I've been supporting Gardevoir for years (ran one of the old threads) but I'm both glad, and pained it's in the spot light now. Hope is a double edged sword.
Do you have a link to the leak???

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Same here..I've never been this hyped for a leak character before..my favs tend to either already be in or have no chance at all..ironically the only times my favs got in after a hype train were when they weren't leaked months ahead of time, being Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, Lucina, & Cloud.
Honestly, I have gotten quite a bit with Daisy, Ridley, Chrom, Simon, and K.Rool. Even if no one else I want makes it in, I am quite satisfied with the roster, though I hope Gardevoir can be the icing on the cake. :p

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, I have gotten quite a bit with Daisy, Ridley, Chrom, Simon, and K.Rool. Even if no one else I want makes it in, I am quite satisfied with the roster, though I hope Gardevoir can be the icing on the cake. :p
I forgot Daisy lol I love that she made it in.

Same here, everyone I was worried about returning (Lucina & Cloud) a long with the surprise of Everyone Is Here, I'm good..now I'm just hoping against hope for Gardevoir, along with Dixie Kong as an Echo.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I forgot Daisy lol I love that she made it in.

Same here, everyone I was worried about returning (Lucina & Cloud) a long with the surprise of Everyone Is Here, I'm good..now I'm just hoping against hope for Gardevoir, along with Dixie Kong as an Echo.
I think there is good chance of Dixie being an echo. Just because she wasn't in the K.Rool trailer doesn't mean she is not in.

Anyway, I hope that they start revealing the Pokemon newcomer(s) in the next direct already.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think there is good chance of Dixie being an echo. Just because she wasn't in the K.Rool trailer doesn't mean she is not in.

Anyway, I hope that they start revealing the Pokemon newcomer(s) in the next direct already.
I think so too, so I'm not worried about Dixie, she was popular for the Ballot too.

I know, this wait is going to kill me..I need to know if Gardevoir is in, is a Pokéball, or not at all already!

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to believe the gothitelle/gardevoir leak more and more. And I'd certainly prefer gardevoir to a gen 7 pokemon. Might just be my gen 3 nostalgia, but I feel like she's one of the best known pokemon, and her moveset would be interesting. Add me on.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Created a few potential alts for Gardevoir..the first 8 are ones I see as more likely due to simplicity, the 'Bonus' ones are just ones I thought would be cool but wouldn't expect them to go through the trouble for.

1) Default
2) Shiny
3) Pokkén Mirror Match
4) Blonde (Marilyn Monroe?)
5) Black Hair (Goth?)
6) Colours Swapped (Also Jigglypuff)
7) Brunette (Diantha?)
8) Psychic Colour
Bonus 1) Shiny Mega, if not used for Shiny alt's Final Smash.
Bonus 2) Cynthia Reference. Looks pretty good & fits pretty well. Cynthia uses a Gardevoir too.
Bonus 3) Jinx Reference. The original 'girl style' Pokémon, seemed a good basis.

For the Blonde, Black Hair, Brunette colours, the reference is mostly just 'real hair colours elegant women could have'..redhead was excluded due to the literally red alt.
If image doesn't load properly: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkimRkeUwAALhaA.jpg:orig
http://i67.tinypic.com/2mh9e0x.jpg
Explanations for each in spoiler tag.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gardevoir's Final Smash would obviously include it mega evolving into Mega Gardevoir, but what else?
Remember, Final Smashes are quick and to the point. No more just transforming for a few seconds, Gardevoir has to do something.
I imagine it'd be an enhanced moonblast, or (if Pikachu-Libre means Pokken stuff) Fairy Tempest.
What do you think?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Gardevoir's Final Smash would obviously include it mega evolving into Mega Gardevoir, but what else?
Remember, Final Smashes are quick and to the point. No more just transforming for a few seconds, Gardevoir has to do something.
I imagine it'd be an enhanced moonblast, or (if Pikachu-Libre means Pokken stuff) Fairy Tempest.
What do you think?
I was thinking of this earlier and Pokkén's would be best. Just like that game, have her open a Black Hole, like her Dex Entries say she can, and have her use a suped up Moon Blast. If Lucario can Kamehameha, this isn't too outlandish.
Now I'm just curious if her Mega colour would be Shiny if her Shiny alt was used or always be default like Mewtwo's.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was thinking of this earlier and Pokkén's would be best. Just like that game, have her open a Black Hole, like her Dex Entries say she can, and have her use a suped up Moon Blast. If Lucario can Kamehameha, this isn't too outlandish.
Now I'm just curious if her Mega colour would be Shiny if her Shiny alt was used or always be default like Mewtwo's.
Probably always default, but black dress Mega Gardevoir would be a nice little Sakurai touch.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Probably always default, but black dress Mega Gardevoir would be a nice little Sakurai touch.
Yeah, though if always Dress, then I'd hope for Bonus 1 from my colour alts a few posts up would get used (or something like it)

Or maybe Sakurai would go crazy and just put Mega Gardevoir as an alternate costume..though that would be unlikely.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, though if always Dress, then I'd hope for Bonus 1 from my colour alts a few posts up would get used (or something like it)

Or maybe Sakurai would go crazy and just put Mega Gardevoir as an alternate costume..though that would be unlikely.
Nah, Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario aren't costumes.
Though on the subject of Final Smashes, what would Gothitelle's be? (We kind of have to talk about her now, they're connected by the leak of fate).
Maybe the Psychic Z-Move.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nah, Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario aren't costumes.
Though on the subject of Final Smashes, what would Gothitelle's be? (We kind of have to talk about her now, they're connected by the leak of fate).
Maybe the Psychic Z-Move.
That could work, or port over Mewtwo's like Dark Pit had Zelda's instead of Pit's in 3DS/Wii U.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I didn't really consider Gardevoir to be honest till the leak came about, but she does have enough going for her to be a dark horse addition. I actually would applaud the effort to represent every Generation of Pokemon and would gladly welcome someone from Gen 3 and 5. I enjoyed both generations quite a bit to be honest.

I supported Deciueye for a Grass representative cause it made sense, but I got tired of how forced it felt by the Smash fandom (any other Pokemon were immediately shot down) and started to waver to Mimikyu who I also was rooting for as I do love Ghost pokemon. When Pichu was confirmed to returning along with Ivysaur. I became open to the other two starters and started to really like the idea of Incineroar as he has a very expressive attitude to him. Now we have the Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak and I'm sort of hoping we actually do get the girls. Gardevoir was a stand out from Generation 3 among fans and Gothitelle came from the Generation that echoed previous designs and took "American" spins on them. It kind of would make sense for Gothitelle to be an echo with this. It all clicks and i support it.

I still really do want a Gen 7 Pokemon as well since I'm one of those Pokemon fans that finds some critters to love every generation and doesn't support the "this generation was trash" attitude some people have. With Generation 8 on the distant horizon, I do hope 7 doesn't become skipped since it was a very unique generation that showed Pokemon can shake up their formula.

So ugh ya... Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and Incineroar would be awesome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I didn't really consider Gardevoir to be honest till the leak came about, but she does have enough going for her to be a dark horse addition. I actually would applaud the effort to represent every Generation of Pokemon and would gladly welcome someone from Gen 3 and 5. I enjoyed both generations quite a bit to be honest.

I supported Deciueye for a Grass representative cause it made sense, but I got tired of how forced it felt by the Smash fandom (any other Pokemon were immediately shot down) and started to waver to Mimikyu who I also was rooting for as I do love Ghost pokemon. When Pichu was confirmed to returning along with Ivysaur. I became open to the other two starters and started to really like the idea of Incineroar as he has a very expressive attitude to him. Now we have the Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak and I'm sort of hoping we actually do get the girls. Gardevoir was a stand out from Generation 3 among fans and Gothitelle came from the Generation that echoed previous designs and took "American" spins on them. It kind of would make sense for Gothitelle to be an echo with this. It all clicks and i support it.

I still really do want a Gen 7 Pokemon as well since I'm one of those Pokemon fans that finds some critters to love every generation and doesn't support the "this generation was trash" attitude some people have. With Generation 8 on the distant horizon, I do hope 7 doesn't become skipped since it was a very unique generation that showed Pokemon can shake up their formula.

So ugh ya... Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and Incineroar would be awesome.
Mate, we share the exact same sentiments when it comes to Pokemon, Smash Bros, and Pokemon in Smash Bros.
Welcome to the thread!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What do you think?
Well Sakurai can pull from the Pokedex (and save some dev time) by having Gardevoir create a Black Hole (working like Zelda's new Final Smash) and Transform into Mega Gardevoir for extra flair.
I just hope that they're willing to make a Mega Gardevoir for every color. Especially a shiny mourning dress variant.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If I could any Pokemon from across the series, any at all to put into Smash...it would be Blaziken. But my second choice would be Gardevoir!

It's a little odd. As much as I would love to see Gardevoir, I had never really considered her until the CEO leak. I guess when thinking of Pokemon I always just figured the most recent gen was the only option. While one must always remain skeptical, I'm leaning towards the leak being real.

But you know, I really hate when people assume that fans of Gardevoir only like her for "rule 34" or "because waifu." To be fair, this is probably more so now because people don't want to believe this leak and so they're lashing out at people who would like to see Gardevoir in, but why can't we like her for the same reason as any other Pokemon? I like Gardevoir because gen 3 has always been my favorite and Gardevoir was on my team very often, including my very first Battle Frontier team that ended up getting my first Frontier Badge.

So yeah. Put me down as a supporter.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If I could any Pokemon from across the series, any at all to put into Smash...it would be Blaziken. But my second choice would be Gardevoir!

It's a little odd. As much as I would love to see Gardevoir, I had never really considered her until the CEO leak. I guess when thinking of Pokemon I always just figured the most recent gen was the only option. While one must always remain skeptical, I'm leaning towards the leak being real.

But you know, I really hate when people assume that fans of Gardevoir only like her for "rule 34" or "because waifu." To be fair, this is probably more so now because people don't want to believe this leak and so they're lashing out at people who would like to see Gardevoir in, but why can't we like her for the same reason as any other Pokemon? I like Gardevoir because gen 3 has always been my favorite and Gardevoir was on my team very often, including my very first Battle Frontier team that ended up getting my first Frontier Badge.

So yeah. Put me down as a supporter.
Yeah..I hate that too. Gardevoir is a legitimately strong Psychic type and now Psychic/Fairy type with a beautiful design.

It's not fair either since Lucario & Blaziken are often used in Rule 34 as well but their fans don't catch slack.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah..I hate that too. Gardevoir is a legitimately strong Psychic type and now Psychic/Fairy type with a beautiful design.

It's not fair either since Lucario & Blaziken are often used in Rule 34 as well but their fans don't catch slack.
Yeah, the "waifus" in most series always get mocked for being rule 34 material, but the "husbandos" nope.

Anyway, what I wonder what they will use for Gardevoir's tagline.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, the "waifus" in most series always get mocked for being rule 34 material, but the "husbandos" nope.

Anyway, what I wonder what they will use for Gardevoir's tagline.
Gardevoir foresees a fight!
Gardevoir embraces victory!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I've been wondering too..maybe one of these..
-Gardevoir Dances into Battle
-Gardevoir Graces the Battlefield
-Gardevoir would like to Battle
-Gardevoir Floats into Battle

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been wondering too..maybe one of these..
Second one seems perfect

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Honestly... i would prefer a gen 7 pokemon (would love Silvally or Lycanorock or RIP mimikyu) but i Still like the idea of gardevoir... and i actually im one of the few that enjoy gothielle.... (sadly she is so underperforming that she isn't broken despite having shadow tag)

that being said... i think that the "richter leak" is bull****. certainly not expecting gardevoir.

just for fun add me to the support, but i would recommend having your expectations low DX.

As for final smash? Mega evolves into mega gardevoir and unleash a pixilate boosted hypervoice (an explosion around her doing massive damage) loved using that move on Triple Battles...

D

Deleted member

I read Gardevoir & Gothitelle's Pokedex entries and they're actually pretty similar. They can both see the future, have intense psychic power, and have a strong love for their trainer, whether it be expressed through protecting them (Gardevoir), or crying over seeing their lifespan (Gothitelle). They can both even manipulate gravity to some extent, given that Gothitelle learns Gravity and that Gardevoir's dex entries mention its ability to create black holes/levitate. I find it very interesting that they share a similar body shape, typing, movepool, dex entries, and even stat spread to a certain extent. It's almost like they were made to echo each other in Smash!

With all of that in mind, here are what I think their specials would be:
  • Neutral Special (Future Sight): Gardevoir creates a delayed psychic trap that goes off automatically after a certain amount of time.
  • Side Special (Captivate/Charm): A standard close range stun move with extra hearts.
  • Down Special (Reflect): Basically Mega Man's Leaf Shield but it reflects projectiles and can't be thrown. Taken from the Pokeball summon in past games.
  • Up Special (Telekinesis): Gardevoir uses Telekinesis on itself to float upwards. Pretty self explanatory.
For their normals, they'd probably use sparkly hand waving and a bunch of wacky psychic ranged attacks. Also, I support. Gardevoir is one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon and it's nice to see it has some chance at making it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
It's a little odd. As much as I would love to see Gardevoir, I had never really considered her until the CEO leak. I guess when thinking of Pokemon I always just figured the most recent gen was the only option.
I think the interesting part of the CEO leak is that it brought back the possibility of representatives for gen 3 and 5 which have been slept on until recently. Even if tomorow, that leak is proven fake for some reason, we'd still need to consider gen 3 and 5 pokémons as potential newcomers. Even if we ignore the leak itself, we can't ignore anymore the plausibility of the gen3/5 scenario, and in such a scenario, Gardevoir would be one of the strongest competitors. Right now, pokémon is probably the most open part of character speculation honestly.

Gardevoir foresees a fight!
Gardevoir embraces victory!
I really like "Gardevoir foresees a fight" and "Gardevoir graces the Battlefield"

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
When I had originally made this thread, I don't think I had thought it'd end up gaining this much traction at much of a point, mostly something I could only dream about. I'm very glad to see it did!
While in my personal views of what I consider objective, I don't consider Gardevoir as much of a necessity for the Pokemon series as a few others who have yet to be added for a long time or something to rep the newer games, however it is still a Pokemon that withstood the test of time in retaining a consistent popularity. And as :052: isn't a choice for the base game most likely, this would be the other most appealing Pokemon newcomer for me by far, I legitimately didn't think either would ever end up gaining much traction again. Subjectively, I'd adore it for obvious reasons, I would instantly attempt to main, I don't even think I'd main the other characters I had higher up on my want list over it, this is one of my favourite characters not just in Pokemon, not just in terms of Nintendo characters, not just in gaming but in general.

It's great to see it gaining attention though and welcome to all the new supporters!
I suppose I should mention the leak somewhere in the op, maybe the title too, if that is allowed? Unsure because of potential spoilers.
And I'll try adding the support material + moveset ideas sooner or later.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
When I had originally made this thread, I don't think I had thought it'd end up gaining this much traction at much of a point, mostly something I could only dream about. I'm very glad to see it did!
While in my personal views of what I consider objective, I don't consider Gardevoir as much of a necessity for the Pokemon series as a few others who have yet to be added for a long time or something to rep the newer games, however it is still a Pokemon that withstood the test of time in retaining a consistent popularity. And as :052: isn't a choice for the base game most likely, this would be the other most appealing Pokemon newcomer for me by far, I legitimately didn't think either would ever end up gaining much traction again. Subjectively, I'd adore it for obvious reasons, I would instantly attempt to main, I don't even think I'd main the other characters I had higher up on my want list over it, this is one of my favourite characters not just in Pokemon, not just in terms of Nintendo characters, not just in gaming but in general.

It's great to see it gaining attention though and welcome to all the new supporters!
I suppose I should mention the leak somewhere in the op, maybe the title too, if that is allowed? Unsure because of potential spoilers.
And I'll try adding the support material + moveset ideas sooner or later.
You're more then welcome to use my potential alts pic/description if you'd like to.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
So how do you guys imagine the trailer? I see Gardevoir fighting the Gen VII Pokemon who I assume will be Incineroar.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd be ok accepting Incineroar better if we get Gardevoir. Because my ideal is Primarina, but Gardevoir is another I really like :) I really don't like Incineroar.

I think it'd be fine to get a gen 7, and gardevoir, as well as gothitelle for an echo, it'd make sense because they both have similar proportions and are both psychic attackers.
So, I like the potential of the leak, really curious where things are gonna go. And I'm looking forward to playing Gardevoir if she makes it in. :)

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So how do you guys imagine the trailer? I see Gardevoir fighting the Gen VII Pokemon who I assume will be Incineroar.
Funny you say that, I've been imagining the trailer akin to Simon's (and kinda like Charizard's & Greninja's for Smash 4) where it begins with Incinaroar fighting another character, maybe Ryu due to being another fighter-type character, going through Incinaroar gameplay, then back to CGI of besting Ryu, about to take him out only to be interrupted by either telekinesis keeping him afloat during a body slam or like Greninja and interrupting with a move like Psybeam or Magical Leaf, and then shifting over to reveal Gardevoir. I think it'd be funny for the end scene showing Incinaroar trying to impress Gardevoir by flexing his muscles while she sighs, facepalms, and shakes her head.

I don't think Gothitelle will appear in the trailer and just be part of a new Echo Fighter announcement like Dark Samus was.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Funny you say that, I've been imagining the trailer akin to Simon's (and kinda like Charizard's & Greninja's for Smash 4) where it begins with Incinaroar fighting another character, maybe Ryu due to being another fighter-type character, going through Incinaroar gameplay, then back to CGI of besting Ryu, about to take him out only to be interrupted by either telekinesis keeping him afloat during a body slam or like Greninja and interrupting with a move like Psybeam or Magical Leaf, and then shifting over to reveal Gardevoir. I think it'd be funny for the end scene showing Incinaroar trying to impress Gardevoir by flexing his muscles while she sighs, facepalms, and shakes her head.

I don't think Gothitelle will appear in the trailer and just be part of a new Echo Fighter announcement like Dark Samus was.
However, Richter Belmont was announced in the trailer with Simon. I think that those Echo Fighter announcements will only be for echoes who are based on veterans. Echoes based on newcomers I believe will be announced in the same trailer as their base fighter.

Top Bottom