• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

zferolie

Smash Hero
Gardevoir I don't think would work as a mewtwo echo, she is way too different in playstyle. She is a lot more dance and beautiful in her attack style, sort to speak.

As for an echo of another franchize... it hasn't happened yet, so not sure if Sakurai would do that. Zelda doesn't fit her exactly, especially with her new down B.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
After thinking about it, I feel like the main obstacle to Gardevoir as a Mewtwo Echo would be the shape of the legs. Mewtwo's feets are huge, whereas Gardevoir's are barely visible, which would mean more legs animations would be necessary for many moves which would make Gardevoir need more effort than other Echos. For some animations it likely wouldn't matter much, like running or forward air, but for many moves the port doesn't look straightforward.

Medicham sounds... really meh. I know it has a Mega Evolution, but it still wouldn't feel right, just like Gothitelle (I mean, Kangaskhan Lopunny and Audino have Megas too but they don't belong in the playable Smash roster either). I thought of Salamence as a Charizard echo, but nope, because Salamence can't go bipedal, I could see Gardevoir in spite of the aforementioned problem but Salamence is a definite no. I also thought about Flygon as a Charizard echo; it really has a very similar body shape, and while its arms are placed at a different place on its body, it looks less like a problem than Gardevoir's legs. Flare Blitz would be replaced by Dragon Rush (which was a custom special for Charizard in Smash 4), down special would be copied from Lucario (Double Team fits Flygon very well) and the Final Smash would easily be Draco Meteor. But at the same time I'm not sure if playable Flygon in Smash feels right... still better than Gothitelle and Medicham, but doesn't feel like as much of a Nintendo All-Star as Gardevoir. But that would only work if Charizard was still solo because the character actually on the CSS is the Trainer and I can't imagine switching between the Trainer and Flygon on the CSS, it feels so wrong.

No wait, I've found another plausible candidate for a gen III Echo fighter... Plusle/Minun as an Echo of Pichu. Ugh. If Victini comes as well as I described it then Pikachu would basically become the new Marth...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a novel idea, I'mma take each of Gardevoir's level up moves and ry and make a move out of them.

Starting with stuff from the move relearner:

Moonblast: I can see it as a standard B projectile attack or part of its Final Smash
Stored Power: I can also see it as a standard B attack, paired with a stat boost move like Calm Mind on Down B to power it up.
Misty Terrain: Could work as a Down-B or as part of a Final Smash
Healing Wish: I don't see much use as it would only work on team matches and as Yoshimitsu and Obi-Wan have shown us, moves that kill you are not good in fighting games.

I'll cover the rest later but feel free to shout out your ideas.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Here's a novel idea, I'mma take each of Gardevoir's level up moves and ry and make a move out of them.

Starting with stuff from the move relearner:

Moonblast: I can see it as a standard B projectile attack or part of its Final Smash
Stored Power: I can also see it as a standard B attack, paired with a stat boost move like Calm Mind on Down B to power it up.
Misty Terrain: Could work as a Down-B or as part of a Final Smash
Healing Wish: I don't see much use as it would only work on team matches and as Yoshimitsu and Obi-Wan have shown us, moves that kill you are not good in fighting games.

I'll cover the rest later but feel free to shout out your ideas.
Oooh sounds fun. I'll just do a few to keep myself from going over the entire moveset.

Misty Terrain: Acts as a buff for Gardevoir that lowers knockback of any attack that hits it while it's currently grounded. Emits a pinky smoke effect from it's feet while the buff is active.
Healing Wish: Sacrificing around 5-10%, Gardevoir shoots a star shaped projectile forwards that either heals a teammate for half the % sacrificed or deals heavy damage to opponents, depending on who was hit by the star.
Double Team: Recovery. Gardevoir splits in two, the real Garde going in the direction chosen while the fake goes in the opposite direction.
Wish: Gardevoir puts it's hands together and looks like it's wishing upon a star. A star shaped projectile comes from above at a downward 45 degree angle to strike in front of Garde. Angle can be slightly changed.
Heal Pulse: Creates a shockwave that blasts opponents away bumper style. Holding the button then creates a healing field around Garde that heals teammates for 1% every second.
Draining Kiss: throws out a small heart that floats in place for a second. If any opponent touches this they get damaged and Gardevoir gains half the % inflicted.
Psychic: Ranged command grab. Gardevoir focuses it's psychic power on a certain point, around Palu's Explosive Flame distance. If an opponent is in this area they get grabbed by psychic energy and are essentially held by Garde at a distance. Garde can they throw the opponent towards itself for comboing, throw them away, throw them upwards, or simply deal damage by pressing down.

lmao "a few" I say.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Could somebody give me a rundown of Gardevoir's popularity? I saw that leak where the guy who got Richter right also says Gardevoir is coming. Gardevoir is one of my favorite Pokemon designs and I would be excited if she got in, I'm just wondering what would make her stand out to Sakurai. What would put her ahead of say Blaziken? The only reason I can think of is that she is Wally's main pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire and the player even helps Wally catch his Ralts, so anybody who played those games would have battled Gardevoir a bunch of times. Is there any more to it then that?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think I got it nailed of why the two are probably in since this leak gained a truck load of creditbility thanks to Ritcher belmont

Simplicity

In the ballot I think next to everyone including in some Pokémon "to present for # gen"

And the term everybody is here I think he may put in a 3rd and 5th gen for high request of they don't have a playable poke in those generations

I think he decided to kill two birds with one stone make one gen unique and the other a echo for other gen

I think gardevoir for the unique and Gothitelle for the echo (or reverse) is probably the one and only combination from a 3rd and 5th gen combination to make a unique and echo at the same time just like the belmonts

So due to the leak and this theory and she survived twice of the massacure I support both of them

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I will eagerly support my favorite Pokémon.
I hope we get her Shiny form and Rex Pokkén forms as alts..maybe even a black 'goth' colour.

God..please let that leak be real..

If she is, I kinda hope she does her Special from Pokkén, the one where she's Mega Gardevoir doing essentially Data Drain from dotHack.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey, just popping in to say I support Gardevoir.
It's actually my third favorite Pokemon (Behind Poipole and Noivern) and since those two aren't getting in (maybe as pokeballs) I decided to support the one that might have a chance, i'd love to see it in Smash!
I always loved it's guardian angel motif, and I always try to have one on my team if I can get one. Not to mention this recent leak may have given Gardevoir a boost in likeliness, along with Gothitelle for some reason.
So yeah, put me on the list if you please!

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
Forward tilt and back air, which wouldn't look right by replacing the tail with the dress, would instead be cloned from Lucario, while down throw would be cloned from Greninja.
I'd like to add that hybrid echo is still quite a bold speculation. Chrom right now is the only example, he only has one move from Ike, which is the signature move they share. Chrom doesn't have Aether to accomodate problems in him echoing Roy, or to make him feel less of a clone, but rather because it was needed to get his representation right. That case feels like an exception, not a rule.
You're getting far closer to Chrom's circonstances with Flygon getting Double Team, on the other hand.

Medicham sounds... really meh.
Yeah. I think aside from Sceptile, Blaziken and Gardevoir, most gen 3 would make people raise an eyebrow. I like the idea of a Lucario echo though.

Plusle/Minun as an Echo of Pichu.
The biggest exception to my earlier statement. There's some code in melee that could be referring to them as well. Not sure how they would echo Pichu, though. A tag team maybe, so we only have one of them at a time ?

Could somebody give me a rundown of Gardevoir's popularity? I saw that leak where the guy who got Richter right also says Gardevoir is coming. Gardevoir is one of my favorite Pokemon designs and I would be excited if she got in, I'm just wondering what would make her stand out to Sakurai. What would put her ahead of say Blaziken? The only reason I can think of is that she is Wally's main pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire and the player even helps Wally catch his Ralts, so anybody who played those games would have battled Gardevoir a bunch of times. Is there any more to it then that?
Gardevoir withstood the test of time. It has a relatively big and stable fanbase for a pokémon. It also has been in past smash, as well as in Pokkén so it's a recognizable pokémon. It's design is based on a dancer, so it can even bring something unique to smash. Design wise, it would also stand out in the current pokémon roster as a calm and non-fighter pokémon. And yes, Wally is what make it stood out in the first place, but I think it is now a lot more than that. In the end it may be an underdog in a gen 3 rep speculation, if we forget about our leak, but it's always been a reasonable choice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Potential Gardevoir moves part 2: The Magikarp phase (No joke, Ralts has worse stat totals than Magikarp)

Growl: I can't see it working as anything but a taunt and even then it would probably get three different poses before Growl
Confusion: Could use it like Mewtwo but I see confusion as an up-Smash, sort of like Lucas's (Less knockback but also less windup)
Double Team: Could work like Lucario but what I see is it working as a Side dash attack. Basically Gardevoir creates two copies of itself and sends them out to the side. The one in the direction you input becomes the real Gardevoir as the other two fade. Feel it's more accurate to the move's original intention.
Teleport: Exactly like Mewtwo's. No need to over complicate.
Disarming voice: Creates a tracking projectile that does little knockback but is a great disruption.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was thinking last night and it could be a decent issue... Gardevoir and Gothitelle don't share as many iconic moves that one would expect a Gardevoir in smash to use. Gothitelle doesn't have Moonblast or stored power or even teleport... They do share future sight, heal pulse, energy ball, psychic, Psyshoch, Telekenisis, and captivate. those could work as moves they share as clones. Working on a basic moveset idea for the 2 now.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly I don't want to start getting excited as it could be Ashley all over again where we could see her as non-playable again. But I am hoping for the best for Gardevoir.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't want to start getting excited as it could be Ashley all over again where we could see her as non-playable again. But I am hoping for the best for Gardevoir.
Part of me still wants to hope for Ashley, as her reveal was weird and she has a new model, but not letting myself get too excited.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I was thinking last night and it could be a decent issue... Gardevoir and Gothitelle don't share as many iconic moves that one would expect a Gardevoir in smash to use. Gothitelle doesn't have Moonblast or stored power or even teleport... They do share future sight, heal pulse, energy ball, psychic, Psyshoch, Telekenisis, and captivate. those could work as moves they share as clones. Working on a basic moveset idea for the 2 now.
I don't know if that's too problematic, they could change the effects to fit Gothitelle more and just label it a different attack name-wise.
It's also not like Sakurai hasn't given Pokémon, and others, moves they don't use in their original games before.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't know if that's too problematic, they could change the effects to fit Gothitelle more and just label it a different attack name-wise.
It's also not like Sakurai hasn't given Pokémon, and others, moves they don't use in their original games before.
That is true. didn't think about that. I was mostly worried about Moonblast and Teleport, though the former could just be her FS, and the later I suppose they could just give it to Gothitelle, or call it telekineses and have it work slightly different(slower teleport but does damage as she travels through something?) In fact we already have so many teleport like uses I think Telekineses may be better in general.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They do have some moves that can share animations like Moon Blast and Shadow Ball or Hyper Voice and Dark Pulse.

I think Future Sight is going to be the move that the two are based around.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well as Chrom proved not all specials have to be shared between original and echo. So Gardevoir can have Moonblast while Gothitelle can use another move like maybe energy ball.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They do have some moves that can share animations like Moon Blast and Shadow Ball or Hyper Voice and Dark Pulse.

I think Future Sight is going to be the move that the two are based around.
Yeah true. Future sight I see being their key B move, but moon blast on Gardevoir could be energy ball, and hyper voice be uproar.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So been thinking how Gardevoir and, if the rumor is true, Gothitelle would play. I imagine them being a much different type of psychic fighter then mewtwo and ness/lucas. Those 2 are a much more agressive, violent almost psychic fighter(Mewtwo), or one that is more a mix of physical and psychic(Ness/lucas) I imagine though Gardevoir/Gothitelle are very elegant fighters. with their few physical attacks being very elegant like(dancing, light slaps), and their psychic abilities being in full show, with singing being a theme for a few of their attacks.

For simplicity sake for the normal attacks I'll just say Gardevoir, unless I feel something would be crazy different. I also wanted to get in game animations but they didn't make gifs of Gener 6 and higher attacks sadly :(

A: Slap. She doesn't normally learn slap but it would just fit. Can use a few times for double slap(Gothitelle learns this)
Side A: Disarming voice. Gardevoir sings and hurts anyone in front of her with music notes. Gothitelle doesn't normally get this
Up A: Zen Headbutt. Gardevoir headbutts up with psychic energy
Down A: Low Sweep. Gardevoir sweeps low with her leg. Normally only Gothitelle gets this via TM
Dash: A psychic charged twirl attack

Forward Smash: Moon Blast(Energy Ball for Gothitelle) Gardevoir raises a hand up, forming a ball of moon energy above her, and then slams it down in front of her after she finishes charging. The ball is green for Gothitelle as its Energy ball.
Up Smash: Magical Leaf(Dark Pulse for Gothitelle): Gardevoir twirls as Multicolored leaves fly around her during the charge animation, then fire up above her as it releases, close to Lucas's hit box. For Gothitelle its not magical leaves but dark energy)
Down Smash: Dazzling Gleam.Gardevoir points her arms towards her sides, and a gleam of light scatters out at her feet on both sides Gothitelle doesn't normally have this move but it could be altered to look more darkish/psychic ish for her

Nair: Hyper voice(Uproar for Gothitelle)Gardevoir sings, blasting out shock waves around her.
Bair: Charge Beam. Points back and fires a beam or weak psychic electric energy
Fair: Psybeam. Points her arm out and fires a short ranged psychic beam. Gothitelle normally only has this
Uair: Grass Knot. Holds up one of her hands and a grass ballgrows, damaging anyone hit multiple times before launching them
Dair: Gravity. Gardevoir reachs below her and makes a dark ball of energy appear. Hitting the sweet spot right in the center of the mass spikes the enemy. Graviety is something only Gothitelle learns but fits into Gardevoirs lore with her pokedex.

Grab: Grabs with psychic energy
Pumble: Mean look. Looks at the enemy, doing slight psychic damage.
Forward Throw: does a spin and throws them forward
Back Throw: DOes a twirl and throws them back
Up Throw: Does a curtsy and the enemy spins then flies up
Down Throw: Gardevior slams the person into the ground tree times, with the third time bouncing them away

B: Future Sight. Gardevoir swings her arm out, and a twinkle flashes from her eye. a same twinkle will hit the closest person around her in a 15 unite radius. 5 seconds later, a blast of psychic energy fires down from the sky where that person is, doing damage. The attack has like a 8 frame start up before the damage hits, so fast reactions can result in a shield or dodge. The hit box also hits anyone above like thunder, so an enemy could try to also hurt someone else if they try.
Side B: Captivate. Gardevoir sings, and the person in front of them takes damage and is captivated, making them deal less damage for a short time. The effect does not stack, but can be reapplied. A different take is that it puts the person into a charm state, which is basically like sleep or stun, instead of reduced damage.
Up B: Telekinesis. Gardevoir crosses her arms, and a small bubble surrounds her, like her old reflect pokeball animation, but closer to her. She then flies into the air and goes in a direction for a bit and at the slow speed. Any projectile that would hit her is reflected back, If anyone is next to Gardevoir as she activates the move and as she is flying gets spun around like mewtwos confusion and thrown back. The range is average for a recovery, but the upside is she is hard to be edge guard her as projectiles are reflected back.
Down B: Heal Pulse. Gardevoir shoots out a pulse of energy in front of her. If it hits someone, it damages them, then returns back to her, healing herself for part of the damage. If she hits an ally teammate, she heals them instead of damaging them. The amount healed to yourself and an ally is reduced if this move is used repeadily in a short time.

Final Smash(Gardevoir): Fairy Tempest:

While it is in Pokken, it does tie into a bit with Gardevoirs Pokedex about making mini black holes.

Final Smash(Gothitelle): Doom Desire.

I know this is not a move Gothitelle gets at all, but it fits with her lore of seeing the future and bending reality around her. Gothitelle's eyes glow and a orb of psychic energy appears around her in a large radius. anyone caught in it gets sucked into her reality, where she forsees a blast from space, which then hits everyone trapped for massive damage. It would have a simular hitbox with Gardevoir, but more around her then in front of her.

Well... that took longer then I thought haha. I think this moveset could work well for both Gardevoir and Gothitelle, and it is quite unique in a bunch of their moves and still stay loyal to their pokemon origins and dex entries.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now I'm wishing Pika Libre got the Echo Treatment, just for that Burst/Final Smash...

Only thing I'd change is Heal Pulse for Reflect: Weakest reflect effect in Smash but let's Gardevoir/Gothitelle move around, making it a free, if weaker Franklin badge. Lost after 5 seconds or on grab.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Now I'm wishing Pika Libre got the Echo Treatment, just for that Burst/Final Smash...

Only thing I'd change is Heal Pulse for Reflect: Weakest reflect effect in Smash but let's Gardevoir/Gothitelle move around, making it a free, if weaker Franklin badge. Lost after 5 seconds or on grab.
I had the reflect element into her up B, because I thought that would be a cool place to have an up B and make edge gaurding vs her difficult to do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it wouldn't be out of character for either to have two reflectors given their high special defence, not would it be the first time (see Brawl Pit's Redundant moveset.)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
So do you guys think we will have both Gardevoir and a Gen VII rep? It does seem iffy with the few remaining unique newcomer spots, but Pokemon is big enough to pull it off.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, it wouldn't be out of character for either to have two reflectors given their high special defence, not would it be the first time (see Brawl Pit's Redundant moveset.)
Thats true, but I think we have enough of Down B reflectors haha. Plus a move that could be really good in team fights sounds fun

So do you guys think we will have both Gardevoir and a Gen VII rep? It does seem iffy with the few remaining unique newcomer spots, but Pokemon is big enough to pull it off.
Its possible, but most likely as DLC

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we've already got double reps with Metroid and Castlevania so it's possible. A series getting two brand new reps is a different matter but Pokemon did get four of them in Brawl so it's not too much a stretch to say they'd get two.

Quoting myself from earlier

Here's the ones I think could plausibly get the treatment

Mario: Daisy, Geno, Metal Mario
Donkey Kong: K. Rool, Dixie
Zelda: Hilda, Impa, Skull Kid
Pokemon: Gen 7 (Incenaroar?), Gardevoir, Gothitelle (Thanks possibly lucky Anon)
Earthbound: Ninten, Gygias

Fire Emblem: Chrom, Take your pick
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Viridi (Share Palutena's old customs between ya)

Sonic: Metal Sonic, Shadow
Streer Fighter: Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan...

Which do you think is most likely?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Someone did point out in the Rate The Chances thread about how Incineroar could could be the masculine, physical based counterpart to Gardevoir's and Gothitelle's feminine and ranged playstyle. It covers all the bases and gets every Gen repped while making sure that if Incineroar fails to be liked, then Gardevoir is still a popular Pokemon newcomer. I imagine both will probably be built quite a bit off other fighters anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So what do you guys think of the Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak? I admit it doesn't sound very likely, but it did guess Richter when no one else thought about him. And Gothitelle is such a weird choice but I could see Sakurai going for it, just to fill out gens 3 and 5.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what do you guys think of the Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak? I admit it doesn't sound very likely, but it did guess Richter when no one else thought about him. And Gothitelle is such a weird choice but I could see Sakurai going for it, just to fill out gens 3 and 5.
I think there's just enough wrong with it to stop me giving it my all but there's enough there that's been right so far that it must be considered. I made a Gothitelle support thread just in case.

Now we enter the same painful phase that the Ridley base spent the majority of 4 in.

I want to believe...

Luminario

Smash Lord
Everything about it is possible. Not very likely at all, but possible.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I can see the leak being true or false. I know for 100% we are getting a pokemon rep, no way we aren't. I was thinking it had to be a gen 7 but seeing this leak made me feel like it could go this way. I am going a 50% chance is gardevoir and 50% chance its a gen 7.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That is true. didn't think about that. I was mostly worried about Moonblast and Teleport, though the former could just be her FS, and the later I suppose they could just give it to Gothitelle, or call it telekineses and have it work slightly different(slower teleport but does damage as she travels through something?) In fact we already have so many teleport like uses I think Telekineses may be better in general.
Chrom, being a Roy echo but with Ike's up special, shows that some moves can be changed for Echo fighters..or Sakurai could just have Gothitelle teleport anyway since he doesn't seem to worry if a Pokémon can use the move or not.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Well as Chrom proved not all specials have to be shared between original and echo. So Gardevoir can have Moonblast while Gothitelle can use another move like maybe energy ball.
Or Shadow Ball (oh wait that's Mewtwo's Basic B move), Energy Ball would be better fitting for someone like Tsareena (who has as low of a chance as Magikarp does), we don't have a dark type Basic B move yet, how bout Dark Pulse for Gothitelle's Basic B move? (I know it's not a Ball-charging move, but you can change it into one).

And count me in for the Gardevoir support group, I've been wanting Gardevoir in Smash for as long as I have wanting Shadow the Hedgehog, has she been confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon yet?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Or Shadow Ball (oh wait that's Mewtwo's Basic B move), Energy Ball would be better fitting for someone like Tsareena (who has as low of a chance as Magikarp does), we don't have a dark type Basic B move yet, how bout Dark Pulse for Gothitelle's Basic B move? (I know it's not a Ball-charging move, but you can change it into one).

And count me in for the Gardevoir support group, I've been wanting Gardevoir in Smash for as long as I have wanting Shadow the Hedgehog, has she been confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon yet?
It could work if dark pulse isn't used elsewhere. In mine I have it be her version of magical leafe as I could see it look simular as an up smash, but yeah could work over energy ball.

Or you can just have it just look like a psychic ball and call it psychic, or psychic ball. Not the first time a pokemon has a move that isn't an actual move. (Pikachu's front smash)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well Noipoi ma boi, seems we are going for round 2 in supporting a magical femme.
Yes I know Gardevoirs can be 50% male

If she does get in, she will get an amiibo. Anyone going to buy it? I sure will. :)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It could work if dark pulse isn't used elsewhere. In mine I have it be her version of magical leafe as I could see it look simular as an up smash, but yeah could work over energy ball.

Or you can just have it just look like a psychic ball and call it psychic, or psychic ball. Not the first time a pokemon has a move that isn't an actual move. (Pikachu's front smash)
Plus Dark Pulse fits Gothitelle far better, going with the dark/goth theme, it could even stun opponents when it lands (playing off it's Flinch ability in the games).

True, but still has Gardevoir even been confirmed yet? (Pokeball or playable?) Because if the Pokeball effect is gone, her chances have gone up (granted she would be the most unlikely one to pop up, I can't see her echoing Mewtwo (lack of a tail) or Zelda (has most of the proprieties and build semi-down aside from the front and back-airs and down-air to an extent), I have a feeling she'll be a unique newcomer likely building it off of her Pokken build (especially if Hehachi from Tekken ends up in the game as well).

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well Noipoi ma boi, seems we are going for round 2 in supporting a magical femme.

If she does get in, she will get an amiibo. Anyone going to buy it? I sure will. :)
I can't help myself. I always view Gardevoir as female, just on her look. Please don't call me out on assuming its gender :p

Plus Dark Pulse fits Gothitelle far better, going with the dark/goth theme, it could even stun opponents when it lands (playing off it's Flinch ability in the games).

True, but still has Gardevoir even been confirmed yet? (Pokeball or playable?) Because if the Pokeball effect is gone, her chances have gone up (granted she would be the most unlikely one to pop up, I can't see her echoing Mewtwo (lack of a tail) or Zelda (has most of the proprieties and build semi-down aside from the front and back-airs and down-air to an extent), I have a feeling she'll be a unique newcomer likely building it off of her Pokken build (especially if Hehachi from Tekken ends up in the game as well).
Yeah, I agree. I just had both in my moveset so could have dark pulse twice. Guess energy ball could be shadow ball too, but wanted to try to avoid multiple same name moves... not that it has stopped Sakurai before.

And we haven't seen Gardevoir or her pokeball effect(though that MG AT has projectile reflect in it)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I can't help myself. I always view Gardevoir as female, just on her look. Please don't call me out on assuming its gender :p

Yeah, I agree. I just had both in my moveset so could have dark pulse twice. Guess energy ball could be shadow ball too, but wanted to try to avoid multiple same name moves... not that it has stopped Sakurai before.

And we haven't seen Gardevoir or her pokeball effect(though that MG AT has projectile reflect in it)
I own a Gardevoir too (she's a Mild Nature and came over from my Platinum game alongside Gallade who is Adamant) and she's a monster (with 376 special attack via Super Training):

Her moveset is this:

Moonblast (Main STAB and it seems to be a signature move of sorts, seeing as she's one of the seldom few who can learn it via level up).

Psychic (Main STAB)

Energy Ball (to handle Water, Rock and Ground types)

Hyper Voice (mostly to diversify her moveset a bit and gives her Mega Evolution a very powerful STAB that just wrecks opposing teams once she Mega Evolves).

So Gardevoir has a chance then? (probably less than a chance compared to Shadow the Hedgehog, but she's up there) How many Pokeball Pokemon did Sakurai say that we're getting in the final game (I do remember him saying we would have a grand total of 50+ Assist trophies in the final game).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I own a Gardevoir too (she's a Mild Nature and came over from my Platinum game alongside Gallade who is Adamant) and she's a monster (with 376 special attack via Super Training):

Her moveset is this:

Moonblast (Main STAB and it seems to be a signature move of sorts, seeing as she's one of the seldom few who can learn it via level up).

Psychic (Main STAB)

Energy Ball (to handle Water, Rock and Ground types)

Hyper Voice (mostly to diversify her moveset a bit and gives her Mega Evolution a very powerful STAB that just wrecks opposing teams once she Mega Evolves).

So Gardevoir has a chance then? (probably less than a chance compared to Shadow the Hedgehog, but she's up there) How many Pokeball Pokemon did Sakurai say that we're getting in the final game (I do remember him saying we would have a grand total of 50+ Assist trophies in the final game).
He never specified. I think we can assume around the same number.
I think we had a list somewhere of currently missing ones but I don't know where it is.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Boys can still be femme.

Me too, Gardevoir is my fav. I was so disappointed when Pokkén didn't get amiibo..
Me too, two Gardevoir in fact. A regular female one named Sana and a Shiny male named Knila. The names come from the Japanese name Sanaito/Sirknight.

Top Bottom