• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Funny you say that, I've been imagining the trailer akin to Simon's (and kinda like Charizard's & Greninja's for Smash 4) where it begins with Incinaroar fighting another character, maybe Ryu due to being another fighter-type character, going through Incinaroar gameplay, then back to CGI of besting Ryu, about to take him out only to be interrupted by either telekinesis keeping him afloat during a body slam or like Greninja and interrupting with a move like Psybeam or Magical Leaf, and then shifting over to reveal Gardevoir. I think it'd be funny for the end scene showing Incinaroar trying to impress Gardevoir by flexing his muscles while she sighs, facepalms, and shakes her head.

I don't think Gothitelle will appear in the trailer and just be part of a new Echo Fighter announcement like Dark Samus was.
On Incineroar flexing its muscles trying to impress Gardevoir...something I've always found interesting is in the Pokemon series, they've been a bit keen on making it so the Pokemon in the Amorphous egg group which it is a part of, show more love interest in them. Though the only direct one I recall was in an episode, Wobbuffet fell in love with a Kirlia, giving it flowers and blushing as it appreciated them, and defended it from Team Rocket.
Though I also remember one of the first episodes of the S&M anime having a "Cutesy Gardevoir" alongside Glaceon and Lopunny Meowth fell in love with, so maybe not, though it was an illusion and the Team Rocket Meowth is a bit special.

Not really related to its potential trailer, I just wanted to mention that Wobbuffet episode.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So how do you guys imagine the trailer? I see Gardevoir fighting the Gen VII Pokemon who I assume will be Incineroar.
I see it as a Alolan Battle Royale, we see Charizard, Greninja and Lucario line up and then the camera goes to the final corner.

INCENAROAR enters the ring!

Incenaroar then kicks all their butts (this is perfectly in line with it's anime appearance where it constantly wins against type advantages [they even overpromote him like a wrestler]) and cut to gameplay footage where Incenaroar faces off against Smash's buffer members and shows off its attacks.

Back to the Arena where Incenaroar basks in victory when the screen flashes the classic CHALLENGER APPROACHING. Pikachu and Kirby enter the ring at which point Incenaroar does a cocky hearty laugh but as soon as it lunges toward the little pink one, it is hit by a pink ball of energy. IT looks around as if to say "hey, I'm the one who does pot shots here" and reveal the last challenger...

GARDEVOIR foresees a fight!

Gothitelle wouldn't be included in the initial trailer but would be shown off in a two pack with Octoling

However, Richter Belmont was announced in the trailer with Simon. I think that those Echo Fighter announcements will only be for echoes who are based on veterans. Echoes based on newcomers I believe will be announced in the same trailer as their base fighter.
For what we know it could only be 3rd party Echos that get proper trailer footage. If Shadow and Ken are in, I'm expecting them to share one.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I see it as a Alolan Battle Royale, we see Charizard, Greninja and Lucario line up and then the camera goes to the final corner.

INCENAROAR enters the ring!

Incenaroar then kicks all their butts (this is perfectly in line with it's anime appearance where it constantly wins against type advantages [they even overpromote him like a wrestler]) and cut to gameplay footage where Incenaroar faces off against Smash's buffer members and shows off its attacks.

Back to the Arena where Incenaroar basks in victory when the screen flashes the classic CHALLENGER APPROACHING. Pikachu and Kirby enter the ring at which point Incenaroar does a cocky hearty laugh but as soon as it lunges toward the little pink one, it is hit by a pink ball of energy. IT looks around as if to say "hey, I'm the one who does pot shots here" and reveal the last challenger...

GARDEVOIR foresees a fight!

Gothitelle wouldn't be included in the initial trailer but would be shown off in a two pack with Octoling

For what we know it could only be 3rd party Echos that get proper trailer footage. If Shadow and Ken are in, I'm expecting them to share one.
The only problem with the "Forsees A Fight" tagline was that it was already used for Shulk in Smash 4.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Have they ever showed pokemon attracted to the same species? That's the most common in the games, but almost seems like on tv they don't want to show all the incest that goes on in pokemon breeding lol.
back on track.. Gardevoir is pretty great, and I never thought of her as a smash fighter, but really psychic attacks are pretty cool.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Have they ever showed pokemon attracted to the same species? That's the most common in the games, but almost seems like on tv they don't want to show all the incest that goes on in pokemon breeding lol.
back on track.. Gardevoir is pretty great, and I never thought of her as a smash fighter, but really psychic attacks are pretty cool.
She will be an actual fairy fighter too, as I don't think Jigglypuff got fairy moves in Smash 4 IIRC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She will be an actual fairy fighter too, as I don't think Jigglypuff got fairy moves in Smash 4 IIRC.
You're right, I do sometime forget she's a fairy too, because I used her more before the new gens. And the fairy move(or moves) would most likely be on B-specials, with Gothitelle (assuming she'd be in) not having fairy moves, most likely. Usually it's the b moves they change on echoes.
I wonder what she'd have.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I remember that I got two shinies in two consecutive days, a breeded Ralts, and a wild Kirlia. One of my proudest Pokemon moments. :)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I remember that I got two shinies in two consecutive days, a breeded Ralts, and a wild Kirlia. One of my proudest Pokemon moments. :)
I want a Shiny Kirlia so badly.

Still I remembered my best moment where I caught a good portion of my Shinies in Black all in and around Giant Chasm (Clefairy, Golbat, Piloswine, Driftblim and Tangela (they're all evolved now and level 100).

I also own two Shiny Gengars too (both via Wonder Trade, and one of them was the Event Shiny (the one that knows Sludge Wave) and the Event Shiny Arceus from the 15th movie I got as well.)

Luminario

Smash Lord
So how do you guys imagine the trailer? I see Gardevoir fighting the Gen VII Pokemon who I assume will be Incineroar.
If we're getting a Pokemon for every Gen and that's the thing to focus on, I can see it opening similar to Greninja's trailer where dozens of pokeballs fly in to release a plethora of Pokemon, before 4 fly further ahead to reveal Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario, and Greninja. As they stand there in a line, you notice gaps in between a few of them, to which 3 pokeballs get thrown, releasing unknown Pokemon into the line. The camera angle is on the ground, so you see Gardevoir float down gracefully, followed by Gothitelle doing the same, then Incineroar crashing down landing superhero style. Then it cuts to the freeze frames, then everyone jumps excitedly in slow mo, then gameplay.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess how they introduce them could be done beautifully and make it more digestable for others, but really I don't care about the trailer so long as we get Gardevoir, lol.

I hope they don't make her similar to Rosalina, I'd love a unique moveset with her(/it).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Kudos to papa geno

May have pointed out more creditablity

Simons moves are actually based on ritcher moves is kind of what sakurai said so maybe ritcher was chosen first or would rather make ritcher playable than simon since ritcher is more popular in japan than simon

And I completely forgot pika libra originated from pokken so they are looking into stuff from that

And as mentioned earlier gothiette and gardevoir are related as sisters in another Pokémon episode

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Man I think this is the best chance that Gardevoir has ever received, well it is true for some characters too like Geno. Gardevoir is very popular, and Sakurai seems keen on putting on very popular and requested characters like Ridley and K.Rool. Plus she was in Pokken, so that is some material that Sakurai can use. I would be very excited for her trailer just like Simon and K.Rool. :)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Pikachu Libre actually debuted as Cosplay Pikachu in Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby..she was first referred to as Pikachu Libre in Pokkén though.
She was referred to as Pikachu Libre in ORAS. All of the Cosplay Pikachu costumes have their own names.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Pikachu Libre actually debuted as Cosplay Pikachu in Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby..she was first referred to as Pikachu Libre in Pokkén though.
Then that is quite good as Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire is a remake of Hoenn and where did Gardevoir originate from? :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You can put me down as a supporter if you feel like it btw.

Gen 3 was actually one of my faves. I didn't like that the game was short, I wanted to play it longer. :)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
While I'm not buying the rumor at this point, it has made me think more about Gardevoir and its chances to make it in smash. Personally I think if any pokemon is to get in it should be Gardevoir. And while I don't see it happening, it's still in the realm of possibility. I can see Sakurai combining all the poke votes to think "the fans want a new pokemon" and choosing the most popular one (kind of like what happened with Final Fantasy). In this scenario, assuming Gardevoir was the most popular, then I could see it happening. Admittedly though there is a lot of assumption at play.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If we're getting a Pokemon for every Gen and that's the thing to focus on, I can see it opening similar to Greninja's trailer where dozens of pokeballs fly in to release a plethora of Pokemon, before 4 fly further ahead to reveal Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario, and Greninja. As they stand there in a line, you notice gaps in between a few of them, to which 3 pokeballs get thrown, releasing unknown Pokemon into the line. The camera angle is on the ground, so you see Gardevoir float down gracefully, followed by Gothitelle doing the same, then Incineroar crashing down landing superhero style. Then it cuts to the freeze frames, then everyone jumps excitedly in slow mo, then gameplay.
My only problem with that is the lack of a crossover, Smash trailers always feature other characters as well so there is a crossover interaction, like how Charizard then fought Mario, Link, Kirby, and Olimar.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Reveal Trailer Idea

It starts off with Pikachu and Captain Falcon fighting it out in what seems like a stale mate, when suddenly something leaps from above and comes crashing down on top of Pikachu. From the dust cloud emerges Incineroar standing proudly with Pikachu KO'd at his feet. He grins and Captain Falcon and him engage. Incineroar gets the upper hand and goes for the KO but suddenly Inklnig leaps from behind Captain Falcon and fires down upon Incineroar. He braces himself, but the ink shots are blocked by a magical blockade. Then a Psychic attack is launched forcing both Falcon and Inkling back. He looks as Gardevoir floats down elegantly and takes a stance towards the attackers. Incineroar flexes trying to impress the other newcomer but gets ignored. He rushes forward towards their enemies as Gardevoir begins to charge up for another ranged blast.

Then it cuts to game play and showcases both of them, and Gothitelle is revealed during this. She could even get a quick little short animated scene like Richter. Maybe helping Gardevoir block a powerful attack from Mewtwo or Ness.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Gardevoir is one of my favorite pokemon from gen 3 so I really hope he gets in along with Incineroar as new pokemon reps and Gardevoir is my main fighter in Pokken he is fun to play as but I'm not really good at it and I especially love his mega evolution which would be a really good final smash so I'm really hoping he gets into smash ultimate so put me on the support list.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
It's funny. I don't really get hype about Pokemon at all, but after seeing what, to my eyes at least, is the most credible leak so far, I'm becoming surprisingly more and more OK with this. Gardevoir is certainly quite different from every other Pokemon we've seen so far, and even has me, the otherwise apathetic to Pokemon guy interested. You can count me as a supporter.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Even if this leak is fake, it has drummed up a lot of support & desire to have Gardevoir in Super Smash Bros. as the Gen 3 rep..helpful if the do another ballot or use fan demand for DLC, so make some noise Gardevoir Supporters!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Count me in on the support. The PapaGenos video's make some really good points and find the leak to have some real merit, despite the ludicrous risks it seemingly took.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even if this leak is fake, it has drummed up a lot of support & desire to have Gardevoir in Super Smash Bros. as the Gen 3 rep..helpful if the do another ballot or use fan demand for DLC, so make some noise Gardevoir Supporters!
Yeah, it goes to show how enduring Gardevoir is as a non-gen 1 Pokemon. Like Lucario or Blaziken.

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
Pikachu Libre actually debuted as Cosplay Pikachu in Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
While that is right, Pikachu Libre actually got popularized by Pokkén, and it's not a stretch to think she might have missed her chance for Smash if Pokkén didn't exist.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not to mention, Pokken is also made by Namco.

Could help, maybe...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How popular was Gardevoir in that game? I imagine decently so, at least.
Gardevoir was one of the first announced along with Machamp, Pikachu and Suicune. Lucario and Blaziken were show in an early cameo way back when.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Gardevoir was also on the original list for Mega Evolutions, not to mention Diantha's main Pokemon. She just has undeniable popularity to her. I just hope she isn't a Pokeball assist again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gardevoir was also on the original list for Mega Evolutions, not to mention Diantha's main Pokemon. She just has undeniable popularity to her. I just hope she isn't a Pokeball assist again.
And if she is, I hope she's shown soon.

Because the absolute worst case scenario is that Gardevoir gets Isaac'd. Nobody wants that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
by Isaac'd do you mean not coming back up in the game at all?

To be fair, all Gardevoir did as a pokemon was reflect. Though maybe with the trend they'd give her more moves. But being playable would be best :p

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah Issac had his AT removed and still was not playable in Smash 4.

I was also thinking why not Mr. Mime to replace Gardevoir? It's Japanese name name is Barrier after all.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question, what do you think the Gardevoir codecs(Both Snake and Pit) would be like? Those are always fun, and I think both will be making a grand return.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
by Isaac'd do you mean not coming back up in the game at all?

To be fair, all Gardevoir did as a pokemon was reflect. Though maybe with the trend they'd give her more moves. But being playable would be best :p
Yeah, to be Isaac'd is to appear in a minor role but to then be entirely absent in the next game.

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
Question, what do you think the Gardevoir codecs(Both Snake and Pit) would be like? Those are always fun, and I think both will be making a grand return.
Snake's would probably make a reference to psycho mantis.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here we go, Gardevoir's Metal Gear Codec (I'd wager it'd be Mewtwo who gets the Psycho mantis treatment)

Snake: Mei Ling, what is this thing?! Is it a ghost?
Mei Ling: Not even close Snake. That's Gardevoir, a Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon.
Snake: Fairy? It certainly looks delicate. It looks like I could snap it in half with a punch.
Mei Ling: Don't let looks deceive you. It may lacking in body strength but it more than makes up for it with it's powers. If you threaten anyone it cares about it can even summon a black hole and then it would be game over for you!
Snake: Huh... I better catch it unaware before it has a chance.
Mei Ling: That's how you work best, isn't Snake?

Top Bottom