• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Dont you think it create some kind of adversial behavior bewteen each community when you mix both in a sinlge event? Ive heard from many tournaments that Brawl only player and melee only player get piss off at each other because of time schedule/organisation,setups needed and so on...At least if people from both camps could understand and just stop arguing..I mean lol we ALL know brawl is the **** =/

Btw thatguy Melee still has a scene I guess its just hidden under that big brawl community of yours :)

oh and is there any plan of someone thinking about making up a tournament in montreal again pretty much like styc2 last year? I would totally like that and I could try to come up highter on the results too loool Im sad I didnt really started going in tournament when melee was bright and shiny in montreal cuz its so fun

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Melaf, no, the tournament in montreal we did last time here was perfectly fine, there was no trouble and the event was huge. We had plenty of setups, why can't others do the same to support all communities? Though we did have pot bonuses and stuff and free entry to apex so the incentive was there. Also, it ended up having 60+ melee players.. with even more Brawl players I think. The support was there. The Apex tournament was also an attempt to unify all fighters together and it was really hype in general. The only way people get pissy is if there isn't enough setups or the tournament is run badly.. other than that leave the Brawl is crap opinion to yourself and let people play what they want.

Jer, you are right, there might be a tourney in March here soon.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Im not giving out my oppinion about brawl I honestly dont care about brawl And Im not even telling what people should do dont get me wrong lol..but yeah maybe thats that if a tournament is poorly setup or runs slow/badly I think its the main reason community get pissed at each other

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I mean I remember last time at gaming ottawa there were like 15 setups for Brawl and only 4-5 for Melee when the numbers of participants were nearly the same, like how BS is that? lol.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
how it ended? melee players were angry or something? Im pretty sure some were thinking about telling brawl player to gtfo and share some setup

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well the tournament had to have been finished at someone's place at like 3-4 in the morning while we were all high.. so it didn't go so good, it just made me feel like I didn't want to go back to Ottawa ever again just because of this.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this tournemnt in Ottawa was weird lol, they decided to priorize Brawl first, so we had 3 setups for Melee doubles, and like 9 setups for Brawl pools at the same moment.

Needless to say Brawl pools were taking forever and there were no free setups for friendlies, and it was already late when Melee singles pools began. To make sure people aren't pissed off for waiting this damn long without playing for Brawl to finish, Tect decided that everyone made it in Melee bracket, so noobs could play more. Which is fine IMO

I don't think it's the TOs fault, I believe it's just that there were too many entrants for the small venue since they were holding a Street fighter tournemnt in the same room (lol at street fighter players asking why we were playing a kid's game).

Smash till you Crash 2 was run greatly, Pikalex and his team handled things very professionally, with two separate sections for Brawl and Melee, tournament ending in time, live streaming with commentary, Toronto attendance, etc.

Only bad thing (not really bad but still), is that they had a great idea to take a pic of evey attendant, in order to make a montage à la "Pound 4 top 48", but that didn't happen, same for sorting matches in the livestreaming video file and uploading matches separately.

buenob

Smash Lord
I have to say that tournament didn't leave a very good taste in my mouth either.

There's lots of johns on our side but at the end of a day it was terrible that the tournament had to end at someone's place. We were not expecting the turnout that we got, because the previous Melee event we had was 7 people.

When we do run another brawl+melee event, we would run it separately as if the community decides to show up in force we can't handle it (as was proven at the last tournament) which is why we are deciding to go with Brawl only since then.

buenob

Smash Lord
kage: it is more the power at that venue. we are already unscrewing lightbulbs and using 6 different circuits (running over 100ft for some of them) to keep everything powered for the day

if we were to have everything in one spot at the same time (which we're not saying we won't do) we would do it at a different venue

ThatGuy

Smash Master
kage: it is more the power at that venue. we are already unscrewing lightbulbs and using 6 different circuits (running over 100ft for some of them) to keep everything powered for the day

if we were to have everything in one spot at the same time (which we're not saying we won't do) we would do it at a different venue
This actually sounds pretty hilarious. I'm picturing light bulbs exploding during Grand Finals.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
about a 2 week bump but... of course, the one time I see a tourney listed where I live, it's for Melee. Plus it's on the day of my brother's birthday, so I can't attend even if I played Melee :c *sigh* I guess tourneys just aren't meant to be for me :(

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Je,lol Daisy....tu est rendu ou la dans melee/brawl? Tu devrait venir au Polybash en mars ,spa comme si je serait certain de aller mes tk sa fait plus de players differents

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'd really appreciate it if someone posted this on the fb page :

still want my melee copy!

sorry if I cant remember the name, but I know you lived on the southshore and were a couple of brothers who came by the HQ one day, where a gc fell and your cd got scratched, with me lending mine. I'd like it back!

-kr3wman

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Why not do it yourself? I invited you to the group. There's no harm in being in the group, just turn off e-mail notifications :p.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Actually CC hosts tournaments sometimes with at least 12 people pretty sure. There's still players.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I'll be in the montreal area between late may-early june for about a week or less. So if anyone wants to play 64, ill there be there around that time.

The dates will be more finalized when it gets closer to the date.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
I'll be in the montreal area between late may-early june for about a week or less. So if anyone wants to play 64, ill there be there around that time.

The dates will be more finalized when it gets closer to the date.
If you come during the first week-end of june, there will be STYC 3, which is a big tournament with 64, Melee and Brawl

Top Bottom