• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Cruel

Smash Cadet
im coming to this one yeahh !! AND I **** IN MY PANTS best song evaa when u date a ladie lol

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_(poker)#Straddle_and_sleeper_bets

A straddle bet is an optional and voluntary blind bet made by a player after posting the small and big blinds, but before cards are dealt. Straddles are typically used only in cash games played with fixed blind structures. Straddles are normally not permitted in tournament formats. The purpose of a straddle is to "buy" the privilege of last action, which on the first round with blinds is normally the player in the big blind. A straddle or sleeper blind may count as a raise towards the maximum number of raises allowed, or it may count separately; in the latter case this raises the maximum total bet of the first round. Straddling is permitted in Las Vegas but is illegal in Atlantic City due to differences in state and local laws.

Live straddle

The player immediately to the left of the big blind ("under the gun") may place a live straddle blind bet. The straddle must be the size of a normal raise over the big blind. A straddle is a live bet; the player placing the straddle effectively becomes the "bigger blind". Action begins with the player to the left of the straddle. If action returns to the straddle without a raise, the straddle has the option to raise. (This is part of what makes a straddle different from a sleeper because a sleeper does not have the option to raise if everyone folds or calls around to him.) The player to the left of a live straddle may re-straddle by placing a blind bet raising the original straddle.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Any Ace or King would have won it as well. ;) No shame in losing that way.
I had a straight draw and a pair of kings with an ace kicker, didnt seem like a possible loosing hand to me.

Your straddle was done after the cards were dealt.
His idea of a straddle was not looking at his cards, which comes back to being the same thing, but have different impacts on the players themselves who have already seen their cards. All in all, he didn't straddle properly, and again, I looked through the glossary of terms of both of my books and through the full tilt site and didn't see anything on it. In fact, he may have been the one to write the page on Wikipedia about it just to make us beleive that this technique actually exists.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Hope everyone enjoyed the fest. Smash64 for the win. Pikaaaaaa!

Sorry about the abrupt early ending. Still, 3-10:30 isn't too bad, right?

Next time we'll play some pool. And if you arrive earlier Agony, I can get you the key to the piano no problems. Give us a soundtrack as we smash it up.

Also, Kirt fails for choking. Where was our SF4 setup?! Will I EVER play?! Work johns? Please, I was working the whole time.
Getting paid to play Smash = Best. Job. Ever.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace

Next time we'll play some pool. And if you arrive earlier Agony, I can get you the key to the piano no problems. Give us a soundtrack as we smash it up.

Also, Kirt fails for choking. Where was our SF4 setup?! Will I EVER play?! Work johns? Please, I was working the whole time.
Zaf was being payed to play smash also until not long ago :p

But yeah, i stayed later at work since we had to do payroll and stuff and I got home tired around 7ish and just watched the finals to APEX.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman

I loved it. The fest was muy excellente and I'd be ready for another whenever you can. Too bad some people had to choke, but even I was getting tired of playing smash, with "C"let's AND New Rez in one weekend lol

I hate you lol.

Good **** Ally.

Best in the ****ing wooooorrrllllddddd. (of the games no one cares about)

Also GGs everyone.

EDIT : Rare footage of Ally actually angry...
I lol'd (at the vid AND the hidden text ^^)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your straddle was done after the cards were dealt.
Actually, the mistake was done on the part of the players for not listening when I said that I was straddling, I straddled while the blinds were posted, I even asked who the dealer was (in this case joel), and when confirmed, I said I would straddle.

At this point only elef seemed to know wtf I was talking about. Then we argued for I don't know how long because you guys thought I was being stupid or something, saying "I've never seen that in online poker". After there was a confusion because I had put the wrong chip color for my bet, but this doesn't matter because I called the straddle out loud, I obviously wanted to put double the blind, you can't do otherwise. People asked "did you look at your hand?!?" but it was regardless because I had straddled before even getting my card, so no I hadn't seen my cards before.

His idea of a straddle was not looking at his cards, which comes back to being the same thing, but have different impacts on the players themselves who have already seen their cards. All in all, he didn't straddle properly, and again, I looked through the glossary of terms of both of my books and through the full tilt site and didn't see anything on it. In fact, he may have been the one to write the page on Wikipedia about it just to make us beleive that this technique actually exists.
Hmm, no that's not my idea of the straddle, you straddle as blinds are posted. I did straddle properly. Also if you think poker is limited only to what you see on tv and what you see on poker sites, then you are sadly mistaken. And lastly, I'll go on a guess and say that you obviously don't mean that comment about wikipedia. If you're that unsure, check the history for the edits of the page or something.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I want a non-crappy, non-stream version of the Apex finals : |
The unfortunate part is that... even though they said they saved the replay on NL's wii, judging from the stream, it doesn't look like they did.

Actually judging from the no sound version I just re-checked, the screen goes dark for a second, and then it lagged, so there's hope. Once NL uploads a good quality version i'm gonna strip audio from the ****ty version and stick it on the good quality version. Even though audio doesn't sound amazing, it'll still be better that way.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
en realité c'est super standar de stradlé dans un live game. un surtous quand ca arrive, objecté vous pas lol, parce que c'est vraiment pas comme ci c'étais +EV de stradlé.

tous le monde préfere joué avec un gambler stradle que un nits, c'est meme pas proche

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hahaha.

Good one Kirt. But Fil and Jer are just better you know?

You should stop trying so hard.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
hey, i wasn't dissing you in this; chose your fights carefully.

On another note, i would like to let everyone know, since he still hasn't posted about it, that C Let, is going back home to Saudi tomorrow. So let's all wish him a safe trip.

Top Bottom