• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Sounds fun, needs moar melee tho.
try making it to one of the nestfest and i'll guarantee you a melee setup for the whole day, besides don't you play SF4??

and about the rez thing if people want to go there i don't mind as long as enough setups will be there and all people are comfortable

Alopex

Smash Ace
There are 3 TV's there, one them would require the component cables though since it's a flatscreen (it also has no sound). I can bring my Wii.

Everything else would depend on what people bring. Like, for example, Zaf TVs and other Wiis. There's definitely more room there, though, if that matters. It also means you wouldn't have to worry about anything happening to your apartment.

But really, it's your call. If you *want* people at your place "C"let and would prefer that, then go for it and nothing will happen at New Rez.

We can have a fest at New Rez Saturday and Sunday both, so if you want Saturday to be at your place, then we can have Sunday at New Rez. Or both at New Rez. Whichever.
And smashfest at New Rez doesn't mean smashfest with no "C"let. You'd better bring your *** on over if it happens.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
There are 3 TV's there, one them would require the component cables though since it's a flatscreen (it also has no sound). I can bring my Wii.

Everything else would depend on what people bring. Like, for example, Zaf TVs and other Wiis. There's definitely more room there, though, if that matters. It also means you wouldn't have to worry about anything happening to your apartment.

But really, it's your call. If you *want* people at your place "C"let and would prefer that, then go for it and nothing will happen at New Rez.

We can have a fest at New Rez Saturday and Sunday both, so if you want Saturday to be at your place, then we can have Sunday at New Rez. Or both at New Rez. Whichever.
And smashfest at New Rez doesn't mean smashfest with no "C"let. You'd better bring your *** on over if it happens.
One and one sounds good to me. One on each day, and C let showing up at both please.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

I don't mind the rez at all I live like 5 blocks away from it, and if it is like what you described then it's much better than my place so why not have it there I will be present on saturday or sunday for sure

Alopex

Smash Ace
Alright, so Sunday smashfest at New Rez this weekend. If you can't go to "C"let's on Saturday because you have sort of excuse (*cough*Agora...*cough* Alopex...cough*), at least come to this one. Preferably, go to both. "C"let's a purty kewl gai.

I start "work" (lol empty rez) at 3 pm and stay there until 11. How's that for the meeting time?

Would be good to make a list of what we have and who's bringing what:

Sunday confirmed:
2 big CRT's
1 flatscreen (if someone brought component cables that would be good, so there's no lag)
1 Wii (mine)

I'll be bringing (updated) Brawl+ and Melee for those interested. Who else can bring what and on what day?

As for directions, I'm just going to quote Fizzi. The man knows the place like the back of his hand.
New rez is on Parc just north of the intersection with Prince Arthur, on the east side. Get off at Place des Arts metro station, then walk the direction you are facing when you exit, that direction is north on Bleury/Parc (the name changes). Walk up the hill, past provigo, past Prince Arthur street, and the residence is on your right :p.

It's a go!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm posting for zafro.

He said he'd be down for something at clet's, but I don't know about this new rez thing, I'll have to talk to him tomorrow I suppose. That being said, elef, zaf, and myself will be attending this event, but I'd rather go at clet's just because I like the ambiance there. Plus clet's a cool mofo. If anything, I don't think zaf would mind going to the rez, but yeah whatever. Oh, and he could bring a SF4 set up.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
ill bring the other setup so we can have both consoles for sf4.

Also, anyone want to play some friendly games of poker as well?

I too prefer clets place just for the ambiance.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Quick tip: Gameloft is hiring game testers temporarily starting this month and up to July.
The contracts are 2 weeks and will be renewed only if necessary.
The catch: You gotta have experience actually working as a tester in the past.
If that catches your fancy, PM me and we'll talk.

Alopex

Smash Ace
lol, why must you all confuse me? Git yer minds made up!

I'll edit the original post. Nothing happening at New Rez on Saturday. Go to "C"let's.

New Rez is still going on for Sunday.

Who's planning to attend both? So far I see Kirt.

Who can only attend Sunday? So far I see Holy, since his Apex johns don't apply on Sunday.

Map for those who missed Fizzi's directions on getting to New Rez:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8...&gl=ca&ei=muUCSt3jE5iQmAfR17DlBA&z=16&iwloc=A

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
okay seems like people prefer my place so the usual fest is on saturday people coming:
1-zaf (how many tv's can you bring?)
2-chet
3-elef
4-kirt (SF4 disc for ps3 will be enough I have a ps3 lets get that dust box to use)
5-dom
bento are you coming and if you are can you bring a TV???

who else is coming???
sorry if I missed anyone I just remember those because I spoke with some of them online so please reconfirm
depending on the number of setups we have I will put a cap on the number of people although I hate doing that
the nestfest will be from 3 to midnight

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
if i just bring the disc, you wont have everything unlock, is that okay with other people? Also, its still byoc, even for sf4. kthx.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
okay seems like people prefer my place so the usual fest is on saturday people coming:
1-zaf (how many tv's can you bring?)
2-chet
3-elef
4-kirt (SF4 disc for ps3 will be enough I have a ps3 lets get that dust box to use)
5-dom
bento are you coming and if you are can you bring a TV???

who else is coming???
sorry if I missed anyone I just remember those because I spoke with some of them online so please reconfirm
depending on the number of setups we have I will put a cap on the number of people although I hate doing that
the nestfest will be from 3 to midnight
I would love to join. :)

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
I would love to join. :)
great and I know that you guys only play melee so I can have a melee setup for the whole day get vwins and bam to come

if i just bring the disc, you wont have everything unlock, is that okay with other people? Also, its still byoc, even for sf4. kthx.
you've got a point there and I only have one ps3 controller that I don't mind people using
this also goes for the xbox since I haven't had the time to play the game yet but I'll talk with zaf about it

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
i can bring my other ps3 controller, but my pad stays with me. As for characters, i dont think its too much of an issue since not many of us play with the secret chars anyway. At worst, if zaf wants to give me a lift, ill bring the ps3.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
ummm this saturday? i might be able to come and if i can i can bring TV/melee setup ^^

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'm working sat night (@ 6-7) but I'll show up~ Is Zaf bringing his 360? I would bring my TV/stick/360 but I'd be leaving early...

Put it in your backpack, Kirt~

kr3wman

Smash Master
i can bring my other ps3 controller, but my pad stays with me. As for characters, i dont think its too much of an issue since not many of us play with the secret chars anyway. At worst, if zaf wants to give me a lift, ill bring the ps3.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Alopex

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm going to follow suit and keep track of who's coming to New Rez on Sunday.

So far:

Attendees
1- Alopex (Wii, Brawl, Brawl+, Melee, N64 and Smash64, 4 TVs at the rez)
2- My co-worker
3- Kirt (The required SF4 equipment. SF4, like Smash, is also BYOC.)
4- Steb (Wii, Brawl, Brawl+, Melee)
5- Krewman (2 64 controllers, Wii)
6- Kev
7- Agony
8- Lunsford
9- Chris aka Kiki (TV, GC)
10- Vek
11- Cruel
12- Vrud (TV, GC, Melee)
- "C"let?
- Jarc?
- Holy?

Setups:
Brawl
Brawl+
Melee
Smash64
SF4
+1 more since we have 6 TVs

A disclaimer on the 64:
The 4th TV in the rez doesn't have 3-color input, so you can only hook up a Cube or a 64 to it. My Cube broke ages ago, so I'm bringing 64 to take up that TV unless someone wants to use it for a Cube Melee setup of their own.
Note that I only have 2 64 controllers, and they both suffer from Loose Analog Stick Syndrome. So if you want to play but don't want to deal with that, it's BYOC.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I had my 360 and stick in my backpack while carrying my TV when heading to Cine, and I was on skates. :p

Holding onto a backpack while sitting in the metro can't be hard xD.
The inference i was trying to make is lost on you.

Ok, I'm going to follow suit and keep track of who's coming to New Rez on Sunday.

So far:

1- Alopex (Wii, Brawl+, Melee, N64 and Smash64, 4 TVs at the rez)
2- My co-worker
3- Kirt (stuff?)
4- Steb (Wii, Brawl+, Melee)
5- Krewman (Wii?)
6- Kev
- "C"let?
- Jarc?
- Holy?

A disclaimer on the 64:
The 4th TV in the rez doesn't have 3-color input, so you can only hook up a Cube or a 64 to it. My Cube broke ages ago, so I'm bringing 64 to take up that TV unless someone wants to use it for a Cube Melee setup of their own.
Note that I only have 2 64 controllers, and they both suffer from Loose Analog Stick Syndrome. So if you want to play but don't want to deal with that, it's BYOC.
I'll bring the requried sf4 equipment

D

Deleted member

ill be there at New Reds for SF4 and brawl ill bring and extra gamecube controller also

I will not be a clets on saterday but Marsford will

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Btw Linken I deleted those comments on our youtube vids. But btw, if you try to call me, I will never answer cause it would cost me lotsa monies. If you wanna contact me, send me a pm on smashboards or something.

Top Bottom