• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

BentoBox

Smash Master
Will you play with us if we all get it?
My computer can't run it >_< I'll work on getting a decent gfx card over the summer...

And Sagats do dominate the japanese Arcade BP rankings, but that just isn't a reality displayed in the recent large-scale events~ He is pretty much SF4's MK... But since the game has actual combos, you do need to work harder for your wins; the game isn't as forgiving as Brawl.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
My computer can't run it >_< I'll work on getting a decent gfx card over the summer...

And Sagats do dominate the japanese Arcade BP rankings, but that just isn't a reality displayed in the recent large-scale events~ He is pretty much SF4's MK... But since the game has actual combos, you do need to work harder for your wins; the game isn't as forgiving as Brawl.
I think bento hit the nail about the Sagat topic. sooooo......

This.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You overlooked the fact that Sagat has multiple matchups which are even, whereas MK's worst matchup is himself? Or that the biggest gap is a 7:3 matchup? Or that Ryu has no negative matchups either?

I would like to see more tournament results over the next couple months before I compare SF4 Sagat to MK.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You overlooked the fact that Sagat has multiple matchups which are even, whereas MK's worst matchup is himself? Or that the biggest gap is a 7:3 matchup? Or that Ryu has no negative matchups either?

I would like to see more tournament results over the next couple months before I compare SF4 Sagat to MK.
Sagat goes even with Akuma, Ryu, Viper and Dhalsim, and he 6:4 / 7:3s the rest of the cast. He's similar to MK in the sense that you will never have an advantage over him. MK also apparently goes "even" with a few characters himself: Wario, Snake, Diddy, Falco... (I don't really wanna get into that though :p) While SF is way more balanced, Sagat still does shut down the low tiers just as hard. Though there are fewer of them as the cast itself is smaller.

He is not similar to MK in that he doesn't overcentralize the game but he is still better than the rest of the cast by a decent margin; he's in his own tier ^_^

Anyways, does anyone know of some kind of workshop with lathes, milling machines, bandsaws and whatnot? I need tools to build my stick :< and McGill's seems to be closed for the summer =/

D

Deleted member

thanks guys for all you imput im sticking with Sagat and i cant wait till i play you guys thanks bento kirk and joel.
lol MK or Sagat who would win (funny becase you can compare them in a 1v1)

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
As far as I understood, most of us were bashing Sagat, so your choice has nothing to do with either what Bento or Kirk said.

Also, didn't you say you played Bison?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Clet will be buying the game too when he's done with finals~ Moar fests! I myself haven't touched the game much yet, the pad is depressing :< especially for charge character ultras >_>

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Sagat goes even with Akuma, Ryu, Viper and Dhalsim, and he 6:4 / 7:3s the rest of the cast. He's similar to MK in the sense that you will never have an advantage over him. MK also apparently goes "even" with a few characters himself: Wario, Snake, Diddy, Falco... (I don't really wanna get into that though :p) While SF is way more balanced, Sagat still does shut down the low tiers just as hard. Though there are fewer of them as the cast itself is smaller.

He is not similar to MK in that he doesn't overcentralize the game but he is still better than the rest of the cast by a decent margin; he's in his own tier ^_^

Anyways, does anyone know of some kind of workshop with lathes, milling machines, bandsaws and whatnot? I need tools to build my stick :< and McGill's seems to be closed for the summer =/
I think concordia is the answer i'll check if I can get access

Clet will be buying the game too when he's done with finals~ Moar fests! I myself haven't touched the game much yet, the pad is depressing :< especially for charge character ultras >_>
I got it already but it's still sealed though, I haven't spent more than an hour at home except for sleeping :S

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to play brawl tomorrow? Steb and me are looking for some people to play with. =O
I can still come if you'd like. I'll be on msn this morning & early afternoon to confirm. Brawl+ would be cool, if you could get your hands on it lol

I have claimed post 20,000.

I have established myself in Montreal Thread history.

Have a nice day. :)

You caaan haaave... MY BIG GAY DANCE!

Here's what I have to say about the river.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/443248

Ahh. Found it.

Hand info:
Date: 2008/01/4 12:44:09 ET
Type: Sit'n'Go (157110509)
Game: Hold'em NL
Table: '147560509 169' 6-max
Blinds: $1/2

Dealt to KevAlexander:
Ks, Kc ------> "Cool."

Table info:
Seat 1: Frozen_Empire ($53.68) Posted small blind
Seat 2: KevAlexander ($62.75) Posted big blind
Seat 3: JDMD420 ($56.14)
Seat 4: Karma71 ($17.11)
Seat 5: luckyquaz ($22.51)
Seat 6: *vacant*

Preflop:
CALL JDMD420, $2.00
FOLD Karma71
FOLD luckyquaz
FOLD Frozen_Empire
RAISE KevAlexander, to $9.00
CALL JDMD420, $7.00
Pot: $19.00

Flop:
Kh, 6d, Kd

CHECK KevAlexander
BET JDMD420, $24.00
RAISE KevAlexander, to $55.75 and is ALL-IN ------> "Check-raise, sucker."
CALL JDMD420, $23.14
Pot: $115.28

Turn:
8d ------> "Don't care"

River:
10d ------> "Don't care. Show me the money!"

Showdown:
SHOWS KevAlexander Ks, Kc
SHOWS JDMD420 7d, 9d ------> "Oh **** me."

JDMD420 wins the pot of $115.28 with a straight flush, Six to Ten. ------> "OH NOES!"

BadBeat much?

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Okay so Kev, you come to my place by 3pm if you want.

Steb if I don't talk to you on msn, well, it goes for you to. You can come by 3pm if you want. Can you bring your wii with brawl+ and an extra controller? That'd be cool.

1 more for some brawl action? We could atleast do couple of teams as well. >.<

Okay, Krewman you can come to. We'd be 4.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Okay so Kev, you come to my place by 3pm if you want.

Steb if I don't talk to you on msn, well, it goes for you to. You can come by 3pm if you want. Can you bring your wii with brawl+ and an extra controller? That'd be cool.

1 more for some brawl action? We could atleast do couple of teams as well. >.<

Okay, Krewman you can come to. We'd be 4.
Sooooo sorry >_<

I had a job interview @ 3:30 today (got the call this morning) and I got out of there at four. The fact that it was over an hour waya from your place and that I hadn't eaten yet didn't help. So I had to cancel... I would've called or something but I had no computer with me and I don't have your phone # =(

Epic sadness...

Top Bottom