• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Play Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Trigger on psx has to many loads, takes 2h getting in the menu.

And he said a psx game so, yeah...

I'll name you some but, I don't know what genre you like...

Star Ocean 2
FF Tactic
Vanguard Bandit
Vandal Heart
Breath of Fire 3
FFVIII
FFIX
Xenogears (My personal favorite game of all time, has the best story line ever and an awesome gameplay and if it's your first time playing this game. It ranges from 40-60 hours of gameplay)
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Lunar
Vagrant Story
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden
Legend of Dragoon
Wild Arms
Front Mission 3
Grandia

That's about those I played and know from experience that they are great games.

EDIT: Here's the site I use to DL my isos
If you say so

I have those games irl so it's legal for me...

kr3wman

Smash Master
Play Chrono Trigger.
front mission 3
Armored Core.
Chrono Trigger on psx has to many loads, takes 2h getting in the menu.

And he said a psx game so, yeah...

I'll name you some but, I don't know what genre you like...

Star Ocean 2
FF Tactic
Vanguard Bandit
Vandal Heart
Breath of Fire 3
FFVIII
FFIX
Xenogears (My personal favorite game of all time, has the best story line ever and an awesome gameplay and if it's your first time playing this game. It ranges from 40-60 hours of gameplay)
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Lunar
Vagrant Story
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden
Legend of Dragoon
Wild Arms
Front Mission 3
Grandia

That's about those I played and know from experience that they are great games.

EDIT: Here's the site I use to DL my isos >:3
I already played BOF3, CT, CC and Lunar, so Ima try some of the other ones.

Thanks guys (No thanks to you Kirt >:l)

Agony remove the link it's not super legal to do.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I already played BOF3, CT, CC and Lunar, so Ima try some of the other ones.

Thanks guys (No thanks to you Kirt >:l)

Agony remove the link it's not super legal to do.
I haven't said anything relating to you psx endeavors, wtf.

Agony, is it me, or does you entire list compose of RPGs?

vrud

Smash Apprentice
wow no smash activity at all. SOME1 ORGANIZE SOMETHING!!! im prtty sure Vek can do it on monday.. then again... no1 is ver ocming ot the south shore. -.-

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
wow no smash activity at all. SOME1 ORGANIZE SOMETHING!!! im prtty sure Vek can do it on monday.. then again... no1 is ver ocming ot the south shore. -.-
I don't know about you guys, but a lot of us are in finals at the moment. Most of us will be done this week or the following one though.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I haven't said anything relating to you psx endeavors, wtf.

Agony, is it me, or does you entire list compose of RPGs?
Tactics rpg as well and Parasite Eve is action/horror (not really horror tough)

I mostly only play rpgs...I don't know much good action games on ps1. Most of the good ones come on snes or ps2

On snes there is U.N Squadron, Contra, Battletoads....

I could of mention Re1-2-3 tough...I just puted those on my mind at that time -_-

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can do the waveshine but no one gives advaice for more technics with the fox character that I play and this is the smashboards forum not the homo sexual so please give me tehcnics that are not for homosex but smash.

Regards,
noxx
Perhaps look into the Fox boards. There's probably useful info there. Other than that, you have to work it with experience, just keep fighting until you die.

And you say, I don't give you respect. I know you can do stuff but unfortunately that is not enough in this present moment. I know everyone here wants to be respected but to gain the warrior's respect you have to take the necessary actions. Well so far so good I suppose. =P

In the warrior's book the master said: "You gotta stop always saying to yourself: "Oh poor me" Stop taking pride at mediocrity and show some spirit!!

I was that way long ago just to say =P You just have to keep looking higher all the time and that's it. =)

nox

Smash Apprentice
And you say, I don't give you respect. I know you can do stuff but unfortunately that is not enough in this present moment. I know everyone here wants to be respected but to gain the warrior's respect you have to take the necessary actions. Well so far so good I suppose. =P
I don't need your respect Kage, I need your big field of pen1s rammed inside my fox, hard. Cya @ Jarc's or something.

nox if u want ne tips u can com 2 mai place i show u sum cool tings like fan combos cuz items r funn
I will bring the smashfox and a little humus.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
joel you play AC. MSN right NAO

agony, ima give you props for knowing about vanguard bandits, awsome game, one of my most loved Srpg

Haha, thanks, did you know that there is 2 way of doing the game? One with the princess and another one which is the normal way. I'm not sure if it's only on emulator but I could never get to choose between the 2 story line on the playstation

This game has one of the hardest last stage i've seen. But the 2nd story is easier.

I can't stop loving that last attack with bastion's atac (2nd one) when you equip family jewel or something near the end. it's to good.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, it's funny how they think Nox is serious
I know he probably isn't. It's still annoying.

nox if u want ne tips u can com 2 mai place i show u sum cool tings like fan combos cuz items r funn
LOL.

I don't need your respect Kage, I need your big field of pen1s rammed inside my fox, hard. Cya @ Jarc's or something.
Wait. Whaaat?

I will bring the smashfox and a little humus.

lolwut?

Alopex

Smash Ace
InB4Fizzi

Posting from the front desk at New Rez. lolwut?

Anyway, I think it's high time that Montreal got injected with some Brawl+..... but after finals.... so... May... when I'll restart being active.
I just hope none of you updated your Wii to the 4.0 menu yet...

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
InB4Fizzi

Anyway, I think it's high time that Montreal got injected with some Brawl+..... but after finals.... so... May... when I'll restart being active.
Haha, that was insane lol. And Nida was like "wtf?", I'm sure. We used to play smash in the game room last year, would they let you play a little while you're working lol? I should bring a Wii. You could leave a sign at the desk or something saying "find me in the game room" :p.

And finals? I thought you graduated? Anyways, my finals end on the 30th but I'm leaving like really shortly after, back to Florida. We're gonna have to find a time to play brawl+ during finals if we wanna play I think :\.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
InB4Fizzi

I'd play brawl plus, but you realize that there is no way it could be competitive, right?

Alopex

Smash Ace
I work on the weekends, which means there are no bosses here to stop me from doing, well... anything, lol. It's pretty sweet.
My coworker and I were actually going to set up the 64 and Wii and play some old school and new school Smash on the Cafe TV yesterday, but I had to call in sick. Which was lame.

It's definitely going to happen, though. Probably on the weekend of the 30th. You should totally show up and show these kids how it's done. I'm gonna bring the latest Brawl+ set from the WBR as well, so it should be fun times.

EDIT: @ Kirt

Nothing's stopping us from making it competitive in Montreal. Sure, it'll probably never get international competitetion (MLG will never carry it, that's for sure), but start a bunch of regional scenes and you never know what could happen, right? I can't possibly imagine the Toronto guys NOT showing up for a Brawl+ only tourney here. Those guys will follow us everywhere.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I'd play brawl plus, but you realize that there is no way it could be competitive, right?
Yep... but playing it... is a lot more fun than playing Brawl.

EDIT @Alopex

I'd rather talk in some sort of chat program about this, but I assume you don't have msn or whatever on the new rez desk computer? Anyways, I'll be gone already the weekend of the 30th... I would totally like to do it on either the 25th and 26th, maybe we can get some interest from the new rez kids lol :p.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I work on the weekends, which means there are no bosses here to stop me from doing, well... anything, lol. It's pretty sweet.
My coworker and I were actually going to set up the 64 and Wii and play some old school and new school Smash on the Cafe TV yesterday, but I had to call in sick. Which was lame.

It's definitely going to happen, though. Probably on the weekend of the 30th. You should totally show up and show these kids how it's done. I'm gonna bring the latest Brawl+ set from the WBR as well, so it should be fun times.

EDIT: @ Kirt

Nothing's stopping us from making it competitive in Montreal. Sure, it'll probably never get international competitetion (MLG will never carry it, that's for sure), but start a bunch of regional scenes and you never know what could happen, right? I can't possibly imagine the Toronto guys NOT showing up for a Brawl+ only tourney here. Those guys will follow us everywhere.
I'm all for it man, but I think international isn't even what we should be considering for a game of that nature. More like, how do you get new people into a scene like that.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Yep... but playing it... is a lot more fun than playing Brawl.

EDIT @Alopex

I'd rather talk in some sort of chat program about this, but I assume you don't have msn or whatever on the new rez desk computer? Anyways, I'll be gone already the weekend of the 30th... I would totally like to do it on either the 25th and 26th, maybe we can get some interest from the new rez kids lol :p.
Front desk computers don't have MSN installed no, but there's the web-based MSN, and they can't stop me from using that one, heh. pcr007 at hotmail dot com

I'm all for it man, but I think international isn't even what we should be considering for a game of that nature. More like, how do you get new people into a scene like that.
The same way we got people to play Brawl instead of Melee. XD
It's definitely not hard to get into, though. When I brought a (very very early) version of Brawl+ to the Weekly the other time, one of the brand new guys came and joined Krewman and I thinking it was vBrawl (vanilla Brawl) and stayed even though we told him it was Brawl+. And he stayed for a while too...

We'll start slow. I'll bring it to Weeklies and Fests. People will play, people will enjoy. Hopefully people will want to play more. Take it from there. The main hurdle is Bento.
BENTO! Play Brawl+!

oh **** smash 64 were?
Maybe at New Rez. Fizzi and I will iron out some details and see what's possible.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Field of p3nis is what Kage calls Ganondorfs up smash.

More "Kage is gay" evidence right there. Especially since he yells it out loud whenever he does it.

<3 Kage :D
No no I only do it if the upsmash sweetspots in his crotch. I'm not gay, I'm open! lol.

cemo

white walker
i'm seeing if i can run a tournament at my school and you're all invited! happy kev?
(walking distance from longueuil metro)

cemo

white walker
haha well, i'm in a play so it's only going to be in may. (after it's done)
apex is the 9th so it'd be on the 16th.

more importantly i need a cool name.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
i'm seeing if i can run a tournament at my school and you're all invited! happy kev?
(walking distance from longueuil metro)
I love you.

lol thats closer to me than Clet's place D:

Lets do this.
HYES!

haha well, i'm in a play so it's only going to be in may. (after it's done)
apex is the 9th so it'd be on the 16th.

more importantly i need a cool name.

"Smash 'til you Crash"? "Barlwrlwlrlwlr"? "le Tournament"? "Smash at School"?

lol, ok. I'm done >.<

D

Deleted member

Hey does anyone have FFCC ecoes of time, i play the game and is looking for more players who have it

Top Bottom