• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Agora

Smash Journeyman
And why does he only include his sig once in a while.

This guy's crazier than Daisy Fan on the forum.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
hey lincoln good to see you post on smashboards, you are no doubt a really good player as we've all seen in FFYF1, but it doesn't work this way beating DK players in dittos wont help at all because it's only the match up and maybe a curtain player is not good at the DK match up but he still places good in tournaments. JL plays DK and he does really good in tournaments and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he took a match out of ally in a tournament with DK and he placed third (put in mind that he plays MK as well). so bottom line is do god in FFYF2 and you will have your name up as one of the best DK's in canada.

oh yeah I'm having a smashfest on the friday the 19th just before FFYF if you can come to this it will be great we will have a big turnout and I think GTA's top players and buenob from ottawa.

D

Deleted member

who jl is he in montreal where does he live and im sure he beat ally becase dk counters snake but thanks you c-let ill do my best at ffyf 2 so that i can get my name out there cant wait to see c-let i sitll have your mario kart lol

and algora some times i forget to click the show your signituer box

swordgard

Smash Hero
who jl is he in montreal where does he live and im sure he beat ally becase dk counters snake but thanks you c-let ill do my best at ffyf 2 so that i can get my name out there cant wait to see c-let i sitll have your mario kart lol

and algora some times i forget to click the show your signituer box

Stop the bad spelling XD And please learn to spell our name k thanks
As for JL beatin ally cause DK is a snake counter... all i can say is LOL. Counters are not everything in this game, its not even 7-3 for DK, its about 6-4. Yes it may have helped him beat ally, but doesnt remove the fact that he took a match off ally in tourney with DK, which is very impressive. This is social room, these posts dont count anymore that is why. Also, il be there at clets fest for some intense games with people. And JL mostly mains wario, i dont even remember him playing DK lol.

On a side note, you guys better be ready for the competition at ffyf2. Lots of good players coming to canada=hard tourney.

D

Deleted member

i can't wait to go to ffyf2 its sucks im going to give my money to m2k and ally lol but im going to get my name out there in ordre to do that, friday Air you must tell me everythnig about smash im gonig to work really hard

swordgard

Smash Hero
i can't wait to go to ffyf2 its sucks im going to give my money to m2k and ally lol but im going to get my name out there in ordre to do that, friday Air you must tell me everythnig about smash im gonig to work really hard
1st things first
Dont assume you won/lost beforehand, this can easily work agaisnt you.
As for friday, i dunnow if il have time to do stuff, il probably be playing alot but il try to find time.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Just want to say good stuff to Kage and Vwins in Revival Melee doubles!!!! (I won't spoil their placing for the rest of you, in case you want to wait for the results thread)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Hehe Ill probably go to FFYF2 on sunday.
Even if just for some friendlies its good experience (Probably wont have any money anyways lol)
Anyways, looking forward to meeting you guys... And M2K O_o lol ^^

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Clet, it's Friday the 20th.
And I'll try to come, might have a few beers in me on that day, though D:

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
A cause de quoi exactement DK est avantagé contre snake. Je croyais pluto que cétais le contraire

BentoBox

Smash Master
It's neutral :p

People just have this misconception that any character doing well against top tiers are counters. e.g. Yoshi-MK.

zaf

Smash Lord
It's neutral :p

People just have this misconception that any character doing well against top tiers are counters. e.g. Yoshi-MK.
dk does well against snake, better than other chars but does not make him a counter
i agree with box

dk has range, but when he extends himself to attack snake
he extends his hitbox

yoshi-mk
yoshi has to grab mk,
mk can easily not get grabbed by staying in the air and
there are so many stages that can screw over yoshi
which is why he cant be a definite counter

D

Deleted member

you guys are funny and zaf were still on for wendsday ill try to get chester to come and elef, oh btw i played elef and hes his amazing with yoshi.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
A cause de quoi exactement DK est avantagé contre snake. Je croyais pluto que cétais le contraire
This is why I kept going DK vs your Snake, I thought DK would be a counter to Snake. But after playing against Fizzi's and your Snake, I can only seeing it being neutral because they both have ways to do big damage on each other.

- DK can pressure Snake off the ground with down-b and f-tilt/d-tilt, but Snake's f-tilt can still reach him and he can throw grenades to prevent from being pressured.
- Grenade camping forces DK to approach. Also, DK's b-air approach can f-tilted or shield grabbed easily.
+ DK can get Snake off the stage at a low position with his down cargo throw. Snake is in trouble if he has to recover from below the stage.
+ Also, since Snake sucks at hitting stuff below him, DK can easily u-air him, and easily punish an airdodge.

So I found that Snake beats DK on the ground, but DK can do a lot of damage if he can get Snake in a bad position. So I'm still gonna consider using DK against Snakes, but I think I found a better character :).

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
This is why I kept going DK vs your Snake, I thought DK would be a counter to Snake. But after playing against Fizzi's and your Snake, I can only seeing it being neutral because they both have ways to do big damage on each other.

- DK can pressure Snake off the ground with down-b and f-tilt/d-tilt, but Snake's f-tilt can still reach him and he can throw grenades to prevent from being pressured.
- Grenade camping forces DK to approach. Also, DK's b-air approach can f-tilted or shield grabbed easily.
+ DK can get Snake off the stage at a low position with his down cargo throw. Snake is in trouble if he has to recover from below the stage.
+ Also, since Snake sucks at hitting stuff below him, DK can easily u-air him, and easily punish an airdodge.

So I found that Snake beats DK on the ground, but DK can do a lot of damage if he can get Snake in a bad position. So I'm still gonna consider using DK against Snakes, but I think I found a better character :).
lol pikachu?

ThatGuy

Smash Master

10 bucks says it's Roy.

Steb

Smash Journeyman

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Ouais j'imagine que dire que c'est un matchup neutre semble raisonable. Mais je serais toujours incité a croire que snake est légèrement avantagé. Parce ce que dans ma tete a moi je calcule que étant donné que j'ai des game relativement serré contre le DK a Steb. Et que Steb est meileur joueur que Dom. Bien il fo quelque part que Snake soit avantagé contre DK. Mais bon.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I can't help but highly respect anyone who gives me free beer, so, cf=), your fest is a success in my book!
It was still too short, though XD
Thanks mate, I still feel cheap for kicking you guys out on such short notice... I swear, next time I'm hosting something, you guys will have as much room, but with a greater amount of time to play and more alcoholic beverages :)

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Thanks mate, I still feel cheap for kicking you guys out on such short notice... I swear, next time I'm hosting something, you guys will have as much room, but with a greater amount of time to play and more alcoholic beverages :)
Me and Krew will take chocolate milk if possible.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna Brawl tonight? (tuesday the 10th) I'm in Montreal for a while and I want to brush up on my gameplay before the weekly, considering I haven't played much recently.

Pm me if interested!

Top Bottom