• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: Why So Serious? - Princeton, NJ - CANCELLED

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Table of Amazing Contents:
I. Introduction!
II. Disclaimer!
III. Polling, and discussions!
IV. Venue, Fees, and Prizes!
V. Rules aaaaand Stages!!
VI. Contact Info

I.Snap, Crackle, Pop and Sizzle. Montage is back again with the next big tournament in New Jersey. Sharpen your sword, grab your grenades, pick up some RedBulls, stfu, and head on over for the Biggest tournament in New Jersey.

II.Disclaimer: There will be no fighting, threatening, or anything of the like allowed. No warnings, no nothing. You do it, you're done. Trash Talk, and other things are not only fine, but encouraged.

III.This time, we're going to limit the stages further. As new techniques and strategies are found, it's our duty as players to make sure the most fair ruleset is enforced, so expect a bit of a change. If you have a say, and you aren't a moron, please leave your input!

IV. Venue: 3499 Rt 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
The Palmer Inn

The tournament will be in the Garden Room. Call Inui at 732-829-1805 if you need directions. If you need to be picked up from the Princeton, Princeton Junction, or Trenton train stations, which are all close by, call someone at the tournament to pick you up and we'll be happy to do so.

Schedule!
Signups/ Warmups/ Friendlies: 11-12:45
Announcements: 12:45- 1
Doubles: 1-4
Singles: 4:30

House Fee is 2$ per person!! :D

Prizes: All money in pot will be used for the prizes! The cash outs go to the following:

Entry:

Singles: 10 dollars
Teams: 10 dollars per team.

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
(If the bracket exceeds 50 players, the payout changes to 50/25/15/5/2.5.)

Teams:

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%
3rd: Free entry into singles!

V. Brawl Rules!
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* -Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

V.5: Stages:

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!!!!!!!!

Banned Stages:

* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Norfair
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc.
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett
* Great Sea
* Pictochat
* Hanenbow

Contact info:
AIM: idmbrandonl for dmbrandon, Sesshomaru010101 for Inui
Phone: 848-482-9165 for dmbrandon, 732-829-1805 for Inui

Closing: Montage will be accepting crew battles. 20$ per team.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
really? same day as smashtality iv? yea... im not coming to this. and not many will lol. smashtality iv will be a lot better/bigger
not to mention this is also the same day as smashtality iv brawl

you kno better than to schedule a tourney same say as another when they are that close to each other. couple states apart is ok, but philly and jersey?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yes, really. And I realized that, but Smashtality has no post on AiB for Brawl and the Brawl part is looking pretty small to be honest. We're not worried. Central and Northern NJ will show up for this, and that's already 40+.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just cause it doesnt have an AiB post? so?

tality iv is going to be huge. you do realize canadas coming for the tourney, florida is highly considering it, and theres talk of possibly midwest and west coast.

those "40" people at smashtality would only make it better. find me 40 brawlers in just central and northern nj

Inui

Banned via Warnings
just cause it doesnt have an AiB post? so?

tality iv is going to be huge. you do realize canadas coming for the tourney, florida is highly considering it, and theres talk of possibly midwest and west coast.

those "40" people at smashtality would only make it better. find me 40 brawlers in just central and northern nj
A lot of players only touch AiB, such as the crew S.W.R. It matters.

Okay? Have fun, lol.

Just go look at the results for the other Montage events. On the same day as an NY event, PA event, and MD/VA event, we had 62 people.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
i would watch the smack talking to a certain points, ive seen fights start because some pople are just to cocky and arrogant towards other smashers.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I'll try to make it to this event. Since it's on a Sunday, it may be difficult for me to attend.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Why not post about smashtality on aib for him theN? Help the community have a big tourney and good turnout for smashtality 4. I think woz has done enough for this community to give him your support inui you are kinda being a **** to him by hosting this IMO.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk told me a lot of people wanted the date changed, so I made it the 30th. I hope the hotel's Garden Room is free that day, lol.

Okay, everyone?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its definitely a better choice. however count me out, thats my bday. id rather spend my bday not chillin with montage :)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Thanks for the date change, Inui. We appreciate it.

Thanks as well to Chibo for posting it on AiB. I admittedly don't visit the site at all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uh... Atomsk and I are going to be static partners now since both of us lost our former partners, lol, and we both always do very well together. He better not be ditching me for Jason since I hear Kashif is already taken.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Uh... Atomsk and I are going to be static partners now since both of us lost our former partners, lol, and we both always do very well together. He better not be ditching me for Jason since I hear Kashif is already taken.
dun-dun-dun....drama.... lol u can't blame anyone for wanting to team with mootookang tho.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No pools.

lol @ "rigged" brackets

My best performances were at FAST, TerraBite 1, and The Peak. I had nothing to do with the bracket at them besides TerraBite 1, and dmbrandon also made that bracket anyways. I don't need rigged brackets to do well.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'll probably be there, depending on if I can get a ride or not. Gonna team with Ussi.

Campos

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about coming. Could I get a ride from trenton transit center to the hotel, aswell as a ride back to the station after the tournament? Also this would be my first tournament so I'm not sure what to expect time wise.. any idea what time this thing would be over?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
If singles starts at 4:30 it could end as late as 11, depending on how well-run it is and the number of setups. Considering Inui actually knows what he's doing though, it probably won't go THAT late, but don't expect it to be over within a couple hours.

Campos

Smash Rookie
Edit: rechecked the train schedule and it looks like I'd be alright as long as I could be at trenton station again by 10pm. Would anybody be able to give me a ride back to the station by then?

Top Bottom