• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Just like the last time, DG. First by stock, then by percent. If it's tied, or you both die at the same time, then you start a 1 stock match over.

And yes, we'll need Wiis people. If you bring a wii and we use it, your house fee is gone. Come early.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ill bring my wii and when I do you can sign me up for singles. Then I will leave and come back when singles are starting..

D

Deleted member

Fail at ride bailing on me... looks like I won't be coming... sad too, since it was looking to be a fun time lol

Artisan

Smash Cadet
I have to agree with what Slikvik said:

Until I see D3/ICs winning the majority of tournaments and not snake/mk around the country, I'm not convinced any of their crap is broken. Same thing with the stages(lol 24 stages banned at this tournament)
For one thing, I don't really see how avoiding getting chaingrabbed is any different conceptually from avoiding getting spiked. Both will kill you at low percents, and only certain characters can do them.

And even if there are differences, with the fact that IC's can chaingrab on any flat stage, I can't see the justification for banning walkoffs, especially from my point of view since I lose valuable counterpicks - most of the walkoffs are good stages for me even though I don't use a CG character.

So of course Metaknight will win, nearly all the stages skewed towards him are still in, and almost all of the ones he can't pressure/edgeguard as well on (walkoffs, stages with multiple recovery options i.e. Distant Planet/Norfair) are banned. I'm also somewhat convinced that the fact that "neutrals" favor this type of play has a fair amount to do with those characters doing well.

The Distant Planet ban especially still makes no sense at all to me. The stage is really harmless.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Artisan!! It's been a while.

F all DDD's. Unless you're M2K you are all going down to Keitaro Time. What is Keitaro Time you ask? It's Falco's best combo. Just ask Yes! or Eazy about this.

After facing Yes today, all Snake are getting ***** by Keitaro Time. This combo is unbeatable and the easiest thing to do ever.

Also, play Sheik and do Keitaro Time to F-smash. It works, flawlessly.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
i know DDD can CG online but the connection needs to be perfect or i can just A jab combo out of it easily. and brawl online connection is never perfect.

spish keitaro you dont scare me!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i know DDD can CG online but the connection needs to be perfect or i can just A jab combo out of it easily. and brawl online connection is never perfect.

spish keitaro you dont scare me!

50 $ bet on me chaingrabbing u across FD if the lag isnt to bad but not perfect.

EDIT: And you can pay me the money on saturday.

EDITEDIT: You have to be your main.

EDITEDITEDIT: Yoshi.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
tlink vs falco hmm how does that matchup go keitaro?? lol
Honestly after seeing what u did 2 yehs 2day, u are my hero and I wanna see u beat cort n pc. Just dont stop keitaro time, only you have the power!

dmbrandon

Smash Master

50 $ bet on me chaingrabbing u across FD if the lag isnt to bad but not perfect.

EDIT: And you can pay me the money on saturday.

EDITEDIT: You have to be your main.

EDITEDITEDIT: Yoshi.
Editeditedit: how are you getting to this tournament, vex?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
tlink vs falco hmm how does that matchup go keitaro?? lol
Honestly after seeing what u did 2 yehs 2day, u are my hero and I wanna see u beat cort n pc. Just dont stop keitaro time, only you have the power!
Toon Link vs Falco on Battlefield definitely was one of the most annoying matches I've had in Brawl ever :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The Distant Planet ban especially still makes no sense at all to me. The stage is really harmless.
lololol You can't be serious. Haven't you played there? I'll be DK and cargo throw you into the giant worm thing.

Artisan

Smash Cadet
lololol You can't be serious. Haven't you played there? I'll be DK and cargo throw you into the giant worm thing.
I can't say I've ever seen anyone die to the Bulborb.

Anyway, though, why would it be a bad thing if DK could do that during a small window of time on one stage when IC's can infinitely chaingrab anyone on any flat stage? If he manages to get a grab off close enough to the Bulborb during that short amount of time it's possible and while the opponent is aware of the danger, then he deserves the KO.

Even so, I went and tested it. I had a big long wall of text written about it, but that's silly, so I'll just sum it up:

-DK has to go low enough to hit the tongue with the throw that he will probably SD
-It takes long enough to get that low that the opponent should be able to escape
-Try the same movement on Corneria and you'll just throw them right off the edge. It's actually easier on Corneria, plus you can do a horizontal hop instead and actually survive while still throwing them off since the boundary is so short. Also, they have less room to escape your grab while in that tail area.
-Hold them for that amount of time off the edge of a normal stage and it will usually kill them anyway because a fair amount of characters can't recover that far, so it's sort of insignificant

So, basically, if you let yourself get hit into the Bulborb's mouth and don't manage to escape either, you probably would have died anyway. The same pretty much applies to anything else that could hit you in there, which isn't much.

Another thing, if you stand on the Bulborb's back and jump up and down, it will never eat you. It doesn't randomly eat people on its back like I had thought a while ago, it's just based on how long you're standing there. Tested for quite a while and no random bites.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
d3, falco, ics, pika all can chaingrab off the left side with ease. Distant Planet is never coming on.

Thanks for all the info, though, art.

Artisan

Smash Cadet
Well, I can't exactly feel concerned about walkoffs considering the other stuff that is possible, but all right, it's not up to me.

I'm making an attempt to go this weekend, hopefully I won't run into trouble again.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Well, I can't exactly feel concerned about walkoffs considering the other stuff that is possible, but all right, it's not up to me.

I'm making an attempt to go this weekend, hopefully I won't run into trouble again.
Trouble?
10chars

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I feel so stupid.

I was told on how to break out of DDD chaingrab and if it works, he cant chaingrab me.. Its common sense. and since I get fustrated while fighting him, I did not think about it. Makes the fight 50% less stressful. Most of my lost were cause of that with him. Maybe now I can do much better and keep my cool and win against him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you're seeing that movie, you're going to see it right here in Princeton with me on Friday. Come to my place earlier so we can all go together.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Why does that matter? Aren't you going to Velocity's tournament?

XD@@@@@@@@@@@

late, no worries. lololol
Man in all seriousness, you had no idea how real I thought that tournament was. Cuase he named The mall that's really close to me, and I was ****ing psyched that I was going to go to ultrazone again. I was really psyched about it for like...a day. Then i read it was a joke, and I wasn't even mad like "awww they got me!" it was more of a "No more lazertag :-(". Cause a brawl tournament with lazertag would ultimatley be the best thing I have ever heard of.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Man in all seriousness, you had no idea how real I thought that tournament was. Cuase he named The mall that's really close to me, and I was ****ing psyched that I was going to go to ultrazone again. I was really psyched about it for like...a day. Then i read it was a joke, and I wasn't even mad like "awww they got me!" it was more of a "No more lazertag :-(". Cause a brawl tournament with lazertag would ultimatley be the best thing I have ever heard of.
OUR TOURNAMENT HAS LASER TAG.

Top Bottom