• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
So I finally got around to replacing my Wii and I've spent the past few days trying to catch up to my old file.

Apparently my old TV showed caves a lot brighter than it should've, because I can't beat gigginox anymore =P

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey Derp, what HR are you? and more importantly, you wanna play sometime?

Oh and if anyone wants to play:

Name: Furry
HR: 127
ID: no idea, just name search then warp. I'm on every now and then.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oh ****, lol. Last time I checked I was in the 50's, but I mean, hey, I've beaten everything multiple times so whatever.

Yes indeedy, let's play if we're on at the same time.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol I was going to start back and getting on but I got a hold of Demon's Souls.....now I can't stop playing it

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'm typically on at night from 5-8:30 or so. Just name search/ send me a message if you wanna hunt together.

*EDIT*
I got some hype for everyone:

On the MH Community Even Quest Schedule there was listed a quest coming September 20th:

WHERE THE GODS FEAR TO TREAD

This, i'm guessing, is the "Super Alatreon" quest where Alatreon is buffed. More HP, more damaging attacks.

Either that, or it's the Giant Deviljho quest where Jho is, like, 3x his normal size.

Link: http://www.monsterhuntercommunity.com/
then click the jewel.

/hype.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Oh snap. I got kind of demotivated after beating Ala. and Dev. That sounds pretty cool.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Full Jhen Cannon with full Diablos+ for Pierce Boost and Agnaktor+ (and some charms) for Normal Boost.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I see, so you're a gunner. Use any other weps?

Also, I think the Vulcannon is out now (I saw someone with it, dunno if he was hacking) if you're interested in NormalS.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I see, so you're a gunner. Use any other weps?
D:

yeah, I have the jhen hammer (actually I think I have the parts for the ala. hammer) and the jhen kodachi (er maybe I upgraded the sword already)

Gah777

Smash Lord
lol i was just curious, there's nothing wrong with gunning xD

I use all the weapons (I have an armor set for every weapon and a set for status) , but lance and SnS are my faves. I also really like hammers and bowguns (that's why i was curious about your setup).

One thing that kinda confused me about your setup was why you have NormalS boost with the Jhen Cannon. Wouldn't crag be better?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Ooh, that reminds me:

If you find yourself willing to invest the time to do it, you should write something of a guide for some weapons for me to put in the OP.
This idea was kind of a lost cause at first, but like I said, if you feel like doing it, I'll add it.

Gah777

Smash Lord
definitely. I kinda read some of the stuff in the OP and the suggestion for "Auto guard" for lance made me lol xD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol, I wouldn't know, I haven't used the lance much. Well, any critiques are welcome as well as original content. I'm always down for some tactical discussion.

Gah777

Smash Lord
aight. i'll start with SnS.

Auto guard is a horrid option for any weapon and a waste of a talisman. there are nearly always better options lol

I finished my SnS and GS guides. How should i send them to you? Also, i'll be on MH here in an hour or so if you want to meet up and play.

Oh, and my guides are more like the best way to play (theory crafting I guess, except I've tried and found my methods to be basically "true") playstyle tips, and armor/weapon tips. I don't think it's that hard to figure out what moves a weapon has (5 min of offline play at least) but knowing the best option a weapon has is pretty important.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
s*** if only i was good enough and wasn't distracted i would've done that event. D: somebody please help me grind my hr. D:

EDIT: also forgot to mention i'm 45 atm.

Gah777

Smash Lord
well you still have time! it's still 5 days away and lasts for a week.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Just pm it to me

or if there's a character limit (i have no idea) then post them here, I'll paste them

Gah777

Smash Lord
Its gonna end up being a super ala lol
It probaly will be. There's also giant monster quest coming up. I'm hoping that since they just did Jhen recently that it's Giant Jho.

Edit:

To all those who've had trouble getting Skypeircers, supposedly super ala has an increased chance of dropping them.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hammers are amazing if you know how to use them right. I've seen people try to cut the tail with a hammer >.>

Gah777

Smash Lord
noice.

BTW Derp, just finished and sent you my Lance and Hammer guides (incase you check here first before checking your PMs)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
It's gonna get bigger once I finish my LS and SA guides :3
Ooh, ooh, can I help out on the SA guide? I main SA almost exclusively, and I'm HR81, so I know a thing or two about it.

I went to the MH3 wikia and registered and went the whole nine yards but I couldn't edit the darn page...after an hour of constant looking about, I gave up.

XD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'll add all submitted content to the OP as long as it isn't blatantly incorrect.

Meaning hopefully we can have a good tactical discussion if there's any

I know how you like to "discuss", lol

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'll base it on Gah777's previous entries, shall I?
Well, write it however you think you can most clearly convey it. I have around 3-4 guide authors in the OP, myself being one, so there's no set format. I suppose ideally there should be a little basics coverage, then your own tactical theory, and if you happen to know well enough the best armor/decoration combinations, that would be good too.

But yes, pm is fine, or post it here. I just copy/paste it anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom