• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Hey, I didn't mean to offend anybody. I'll keep the affront in mind, though, and it won't happen again.
wait, what?

oic

Help me, Gah777, you're my only hope!
I am not offended in any way by this, lol

I really do know that Gah knows more about this game than I do. I was just commending the assuredness and helpfulness of his post.

Speaking of which, Gah, this 2nd quote I have here of quirky's would be a great sig :bee:

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well thanks Derp! I always try my best to help people out. ^.^

Hmmm... that might indeed make a good sig...

The vangis set is the only armor set I don't have......but I love HG earplugs and can't seem to leave it....
Vangis is a good set, but it's not necessary. HGE is AMAZING and highly addictive. I only use it for one of my hammer/GS sets because with the other weapons i use i can either evade most roars (SnS, SA), counter them (Lance) or just be out of range (Bowgun). But for Hammer, GS, LS, and SA HGE is ****.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I'm awesome
Fixed for accuracy.

Black Harvest+ Jho= sexy

Thanks for the recommendation to make my Jho set, guys.

I'm getting antsy, though, because I can't make the Ceadus+ because I need Mohran+ scales. Makes me regret I didn't help my friends out when they asked me last. :urg:

I'm almost tempeted to go ahead and make the Ceadus armor and upgrade to high rank because I miss earplugs from Rathian. Kills my momentum. Not to mention standing right in front of Rathalos as it roars wearing Jho isn't a good idea.

Should I just make Ceadus and upgrade? Blunt Edge would be a problem, though...and no AUL.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Fixed for accuracy.

Black Harvest+ Jho= sexy

Thanks for the recommendation to make my Jho set, guys.

I'm getting antsy, though, because I can't make the Ceadus+ because I need Mohran+ scales. Makes me regret I didn't help my friends out when they asked me last. :urg:

I'm almost tempeted to go ahead and make the Ceadus armor and upgrade to high rank because I miss earplugs from Rathian. Kills my momentum. Not to mention standing right in front of Rathalos as it roars wearing Jho isn't a good idea.

Should I just make Ceadus and upgrade? Blunt Edge would be a problem, though...and no AUL.
try one of these sets on for size: http://www.monsterhunter-armory.com/combinations.php

look up the combination Attack Up L, HGE, and Sharpness +1. I'll post a one below:
Helios/Selene Helm+
Helios/Selene Mail+
Helios/Selene Vambraces+
Helios/Selene Coil
Vangis Greaves
Required :
0 slot on your weapon
1 slot on your charm

Skill's charm :
6 Attack

Then you put a Hearing gem on the talisman/weapon

Lobos

Smash Master
unnn I think its

jhen moran+ helm (I use it for the 3 slots)
ceadeus+ mail
ceadues+ vambraces
vangis coil
ceadues + greaves
jewel +7 tremor proof +3 protection

So I have HG Earplugs, sharpness 1+, and tremor proof, and no negative effects

Its my favorite set....now if only I had wind proof....

Gah777

Smash Lord
That's a good setup. Just curious, why tremor proof? Also, earlier you said you used LS/GS exclusively, two weapons that aren't really effected by wind (when attacking).

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, I just beat Caedeus(sp) and I'm working on the Urgent single player quests with hunting multiple monsters. If I can't get my wii to work with my router, can I do anything else in the game?

Also could any of you guys spare tips for hunting multiple monsters? I ran out of time after killing Agna and couldn't finish Ura in time...

Lobos

Smash Master
That's a good setup. Just curious, why tremor proof? Also, earlier you said you used LS/GS exclusively, two weapons that aren't really effected by wind (when attacking).
Originally I wanted diablos armor since thats what I used in MH, and since diablos armor had termor proof I went with it. It's really something I use vs land monsters. I have another set that has High current res for lagi, ceadeus, gobul, and luda. I have other armor sets but I rarely use them.

I have another set that has sharpness+1 and awaken but its so akward looking.

The only reason why I would want wind is because of rathalos lol plus I don't like to aimlessly attack all the time. I'm one of those LS that doesn't trip everyone on the team, I'm very precise with it.

Quick question, I just beat Caedeus(sp) and I'm working on the Urgent single player quests with hunting multiple monsters. If I can't get my wii to work with my router, can I do anything else in the game?

Also could any of you guys spare tips for hunting multiple monsters? I ran out of time after killing Agna and couldn't finish Ura in time...
Sadly no....almost all the rare weapons (4-7) are found online....or should I say found from +monsters which can only be found online. As for hunting multiple monsters use traps, explosives, poison, or just have the strongest weapon vs them. Dual barioth was prolly the hardest mission in single player.....for me atleast

Gah777

Smash Lord
@Wolydarg
Well there's not much to do after you beat all the quests, fully upgrade your farm, and make all the best weapons and armor you can there isn't much, if anything left to do. Unless you're like me and like fighing random monsters for fun.

What weapon, armor, and strategy are you using? Capping them both helps to cut down time.

@Lobos
I didn't mean just attack randomly lol. I play LS like that too (I'm not a tripper) and I don't seem to have a problem with either wind or tremors. Personally I'd go with something like Evade +1.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Ay, looks like I'll have to invest in a new router sometime then...

For some reason I just have a really hard time even when both monsters are split up. Royal ludroth normally takes me like 2 minutes to kill and I don't even have to use a potion, yet during the Dangerous Waters quest I had to use a few mega potions because it just didn't seem to want to start limping. And on the Rathalos/ian quest I took care of Rathian in about 15 minutes tops but los took me a little under 30 =\

I'm currently using full low rank Rathalos with defense down gemmed out with either the los hammer or barioth lance, using the inceadeus SA for agna.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Wow. just wow. I just played with a couple of guys that had Demonic Blessing because "it sounds cool". So I decided to troll them.

1) Remove armor and equip a crappy weapon
2) Insult them for wearing Demonic Blessing and say things like "Demonic Blessing = wearing no armor"
3) When they rage quit and leave -> Follow.
4) Profit.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I just played with a couple of guys that had Demonic Blessing because "it sounds cool". So I decided to troll them.
Firstly, lolwtf? Secondly, lmaohax.

Name search following is so easy. As for a crappy weapon, ever gone up against a Lagi+ using Rusted SnS?

XD

Gah777

Smash Lord
Firstly, lolwtf? Secondly, lmaohax.

Name search following is so easy. As for a crappy weapon, ever gone up against a Lagi+ using Rusted SnS?

XD
haha no, i've actually not done that lol. What I have done, though, is use a rusted lance vs R. Ludroth and spam lance charge. It's pretty funny, you get knocked on your *** as soon as you hit anything XD. Also, i've made a set that had Demonic Blessing, Blunt Edge, and Auto-Guard. Then I equipped my Yan Yue Dao (P), trolled some people sleep bombing Alatreon and almost made my party fail a Harvest Tour. Unfortunately i have since sold that set :/

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Unfortunately i have since sold that set :/
I sold my Dober, Baggi and partially made Damascus set that had been sitting in the armory for about 2 months. I made the Dober for Jho, but I use my Ingot+ and Jho lance, so that's useless. I made my Baggi set for Cap Expert because I got uber-pissed as I couldn't get a single Lagi Horn+ back when I was making my Lagi+ set. And I wanted my Damascus because it sounds cool. No joke.

But, they're all redundant with the Helios+Jho greaves set. HGE, Sharpness +1, Health+50 is extremely addictive.

Currently, I'm working on upgrading my Lagi armor (regular), and trying to fit in Earplugs or Health+50. Anybody recommend anything for regular Lagi? I so wish there was a way have Razor Sharp and Sharpness +1 together. T_T

Gah777

Smash Lord
there is, but it's difficult to get.

I recommend evade or guard if you're landing.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
there is, but it's difficult to get.

I recommend evade or guard if you're landing.
I'm guessing I'll need a talisman for that. Hate talisman farming.

Evade should hold up, since I'm going to be using Axes with it.

---------------------------------------------------------
I never really noticed how much of a boost Evade Up gives until I saw this lady yesterday roll. And I'm like WTF. Almost double of a normal roll.

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'm guessing I'll need a talisman for that. Hate talisman farming.

Evade should hold up, since I'm going to be using Axes with it.

---------------------------------------------------------
I never really noticed how much of a boost Evade Up gives until I saw this lady yesterday roll. And I'm like WTF. Almost double of a normal roll.
Skills: Sharpness+1, Razor Sharp

Talisman: +4 Handicraft (3-slot gemmed with an Architect will NOT work)
Head: Vangis | +4 Handicraft - 0 Slots
Chest: Vangis | +3 Handicraft - 0 Slots
Arms: Vangis | +3 Handicraft - 0 Slots
Waist: Jhen Mohran+ | +5 Sharpness - 1 Slot
Legs: Bnahabra+ | +6 Sharpness - 1 Slot
Weapons Slots: 1

Jewels: 1 Handicraft Jewel

Yeah, Evade Distance up does practically double your roll distance. Unfortunately it doesn't extend invincibility at all :/ It's still good for gunners though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So if you could relate this game to another game, what would you relate it too? Considering getting it. Also, is co-op good? Like two people irl playing together?

Lobos

Smash Master
I would relate it to phantasy star online

2 people on the same wii can only do arena mode together.

Up to 4 people can do quest online only. Offline is single player only for the story.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Since I haven't played PSO, the closest thing I can equate this to would be to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. More specifically, Echoes of Time and Ring of Fates, and mostly just because the armor and weapon building and upgrading system feels similar.

But I highly recommend this game. I have over 800 hours of play and am still playing.

There are over 1000 people online, but only 4 peopleto a city.

I swear, your different combinations are making me greedy as all heck. Now, I'm going after this set.

XD
lol

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I have a confession to make:

Today, I was helping out a n00b, and he posted a quest. I looked at it and wondered if I'd need HGE. I'd always done it without Earplugs because I didn't have HGE and mere Earplugs wouldn't cut it. After about 5 minutes of deliberation, I decided, what the heck, let's give HGE a spin.

It was awesome. I ***** the Great Jaggi.

^_^

Gah777

Smash Lord
Jaggi was all like "grr..." and yous was all like "I can't hear ya!" cracka be trippin'...

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Quru hopped in and I was like "biatch I can't hearrrr yaaaa I haz HGE!!" and that's the point it chose to hit me with its flintstones.

I broke it's beak. I'm so proud of myself ****** low rank characters with my Helios+ set it's not even funny. Oh, and I used my Black Harvest. I'm telling you, I'm a beast on low rank.
High rank is a slightly different matter.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Lol we talked about him way even before he got here. Where you been?

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I entered an HR51+ quests city today, and we tackled three Jhos in an hour, and then went ahead and collected Conqueror's Seals so they could finish their Helios+ sets.

Once they were all done, this guy, called Douglas, equips himself in low Hunter armor and Tenebra D and posts Megatreon. At first, we think he's joking. 10 minutes later, we realized he was H2G serious. So, humoring him, we all dressed for the occasion (hyuk hyuk) and set out.

As soon as the quest began, I smoked so they could all buff up. Douglas, however, streaks straight for Alatreon and, with one slash, cuts off its tail. The next two slashes and it shows "Quest Complete" and we're all still in fog cover, going "wtf?"

Once we're all back in the city, he reveals to us he softmodded his Wii and hacked MH3 to uberpower Tenebra D.

I now wonder if I should do the same, just for kicks.

Lobos

Smash Master
That happen to me once when I was fighting in arena mode online......got alot of those coins for various things in 30mins and had enough to make guild armor

Gah777

Smash Lord
lol but being that overpowered kinda takes the fun out of the game. IMO cheating to that degree kills the game. Where's the challenge? Where's the fun? So you get everything you want, but you never learn the monster matchup. Once you start cheating, everyone else around you gets lazy and starts leeching because if you can kill the monster in one or two hits, why should they have to do anything. I one played with a hacker named Magic. He did that weapon power hack and could kill Rathian in like 4 hits, so I just ran around and did nothing.

Alright, imagine this. The Smash scene doesn't have rules other than the 3 stock 8 minute timer. What if someone used a turbo controller, played MK, and took you to Hyrule Temple.

Top Bottom