• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Gah777

Smash Lord
Touché . And point taken. Don't worry, if there's anything I could use in MH3, it's how to use the Axe more effectively.

Should I PM it to you? I'll base it on Gah777's previous entries, shall I?
I’d like to say a few things about your switch axe guide. First off, in my experience raw has always been better that affinity. Do you know about the damage formula? If you do some calculations and estimations raw eventually comes out on top. Attack up Large is going to outdamage Critical eye +3, and critical hits are infrequent (except on maybe Hoarfrost). The only time affinity is really beneficial is when you’re using it in combination with attack up. Even then, Sharpness+1 becomes the better partner for attack up.

The axe>sword transformation actually comes after the axes thrust, not the downswing.

Rathian/Rathian+ armor is obsolete with food skills, the health boost the set provides is outclassed by eating. Then you can get a better set with better skills.

Rathalos+ isn’t that great as raw>affinity. Regular Rathalos is better since it gives you a combination of attack up medium AND critical eye+1.

Lagiacrus+ blows. What do you need Awaken for with switch axes? There’s like 3 axes you can awaken, and none of them are worth awakening. Flame Tempest is better than Sinister Saints, the Barroth switch axe sucks, and Soulbreaker is outclassed by Black Harvest. Regular Lagiacrus is far superior since it comes with razor sharp and elemental attack up (which isn’t bad on elemental axes).

But other than that, you did pretty well with the playstyle. No upswinging, or stamina attacks. That’s good.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Attack up Large is going to outdamage Critical eye +3, and critical hits are infrequent (except on maybe Hoarfrost).

The axe>sword transformation actually comes after the axes thrust, not the downswing.

Rathian/Rathian+ armor is obsolete with food skills, the health boost the set provides is outclassed by eating. Then you can get a better set with better skills.

Rathalos+ isn’t that great as raw>affinity. Regular Rathalos is better since it gives you a combination of attack up medium AND critical eye+1.

Lagiacrus+ blows.
Critical hits are infrequent, given, which is why the Rathalos+ set comes into play. But I see your point. I'm going to have to make new armors now.

I play with the Wiimote and the only time I can switch midswing is during the downswing. :urg: I did everything, I checked everywhere, and the only way I can do it is by continuously tapping Z and A. During the downswing, it switches. Or the sideswing Sword>Axe.

I guess I put the Rathian/Rathian+ there is because I only get a 40 point health boost with the foods, and with the set above, I can boost my stamina instead. Besides, if I faint, my health doesn't suffer. It doesn't happen as often now, but it used to HR30-.

I don't even have the Dark Switch Axe. There's too many people either wanting strictly sleep bombing weps (which I don't have) or a Dragon weapon (which I'm trying to make), so I'm stuck in a limbo. I gave up, eventually. The only reason I even use Sinister Saints or Soulbreaker is for the slots. My entire armor set rides on slotwork.

Lagi+ blows. True, but I keep it for fighting Lagiacrus, and the element attack up helps, somewhat. And it looks alright. Apart from that, it just sits there.

I'm currently in the process of making my Vangis set, but I wasted a Gem on a Jho lance >.<

Is there a standard armor set you use with an Axe?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
This post came to mind

Double post, but I seriously want to say something to the attack power junkies, especially you, who is wearing that full Rathalos+ armor, and if you use a slashaxe/greatsword/lance.

When you evolve a weapon, sometimes you get the choice of more slots/more base attack/more affinity. Most times, the affinity boost ranges somewhere in between 5% to 55% (all weapons I'm talking about here).

If your weapon has negative affinity, don't even read the rest of this, because no one wants bad luck, and I frankly don't care to give you or I a harder time.

Here is what I see. Affinity is the chance you have of your weapon doing 125% more than it normally does. Sounds great, but if your Affinity is like 10%, that only means you have a 1 in 10 chance of doing 125% damage. Great...sort of. Let's talk big numbers though.

There is an armor skill called Critical Eye, which comes in the +1, +2, and +3 form. Consiqently, it raises your Affinity by 10%, 20%, or 30%. To achieve something as massive as 30% though, you need 20 skill points on your armor allocated to Critical Eye. Wtf. The only way to get that many points is to use the Expert/Master jewel, which accordingly takes up 1 to 2 armor slots, and it (accordingly) gives you 1 to 3 skill pointsScrew OR you can Get an armor with the Critical Eye skill. That's okay, this is why I talked about the Rathalos+ armor. It has Critical Eye +2 built right in. That's an instant 15 skill points right there, so if you wanted to bump it up to Critical Eye +3, you just need to add 5 skill points.

Moving on though, say you achieved that 30% Affinity boost. Now your weapon has a 1 in 3.333_ chance of dealing 125%. This sounds pretty nifty, but let's make it broken.

Think about a weapon with 10% affinity. Add it to the Critical Eye +3 skill. Now we have a 40% chance of a critical hit, or a 1 in 2.5 chance of dealing a critical. How about a weapon with 15%? Now its a 1 in 2.222_ chance.

20% + Critical Eye +3 = 50% = 1 in 2 chance
25% + CE+3 = 55% = 1 in 1.8
30% + CE+3 = 60% = 1 in 1.666_
40% + CE+3 = 70% = 1 in 1.43
55% + CE+3 = 85% = 1 in 1.17

And so on and so on. All the percentages I used are from actual weapons. (I left out 5% on purpose)

Now just remember, all of this is to see what your chances are of scoring a hit of 125% more than your base attack. If you are using mega demondrug/demondrug, talismans, other jewels, etc, this counts as your base attack at that very moment, but I will only talk about the weapon's base attack. Or better yet, a weapon.

The Doris Fellspear will be my example. Say that when I was upgrading my lance, I had a choice of one that did:

391 base damage with 15% Affinity

OR

414 base damage with 0% Affinity

I wont get into the actual weapons mechanics, because you all know that certain attacks do more than others, so lets just pretend that a single attack did raw damage.

The 391 lance, in 7 attacks, will do 2737 total, unless the affinity may kick in (1 in 6.666_ chance, critical attack would be 489), then it may do 2835 total.

The 414 lance, in 7 attacks, will do 2,898 total, for sure, no room for chance.

Now the affinity boost could give you 7 criticals in a row, or none at all. When talking about 15%, it's a game of chance that you will lose often. Why not just go for what is concrete and choose the weapon with higher base attack? Well that's why I've been talking about this mess for so long lol. When you raise your chances in the game of luck, you can profit so much more. The trick is to turn the word "can" into "most likely". Your affinity would already increase more with the Critical Eye +3 (by 30%), so you'd be playing with a 1 in 2.222_ chance. Pretty good odds, for a weaker lance with a low Affinity.

Now put this in your pipe and smoke it:

Sabertooth lance - 55% Affinity
Amber Hoarforst slashaxe - 40% Affinity
Nardebosche SnS - 40% Affinity
High Siegmund greatsword - 30% Affinity
Barbarian "Sharq" longsword - 25% Affinity
Devil's Crush (G) hammer - 20% Affinity

Add the Critical Eye +3 armor skill to the weapon's current Affinity. Think about their base attack, the new critical hit ratio.

The weapons here will be striking criticals ALOT. They will quickly do more damage than their brothers that only give the hunter a little bit higher attack power. For a greatsword that does 960 base damage, a critical of 1200, and having a 60% chance of that happening, it really makes the hits count. Don't worry, only the monster will feel it, not your partners.

So for you out there putting on your attack jewels and getting the weapon only with the higher attack power, you don't understand the power of a high luck ratio. Affinity (most likely if raised high enough) trumps out base damage. Like I said, these were stats WITHOUT other talismans and drugs.

Sabertooth lance with Rathalos+ armor bumped up to Critical Eye+3 will strike criticals 85% of the time. Gotta love it.

I hope this was informative. There is more math to be done when you factor in ___ attack you do with ___ weapon on ___ body part of ___ monster, but maybe another day.

Sidenotes:

• I did not talk about bowguns for the sole reasons that they dont really have Affinity boost past 10%, and that I don't have much knowledge on them with different kinds of shot.
  • Affinity is also affected by sharpness, so that is one more reason it's important to have a keen blade.
  • Ah, anywhere you see Critical Draw instead of Eye, it's a typo, get over it, im sorry lol.
  • I only used a few weapons with high affinity for dramatic effect, although what I said was true. Most weapons have lower affinity rates, but that's not up to me what you favor, and I'm not saying to only use 1 weapon and one armor. Everything has it's uses (except insect husks...)
  • Affinity, as far as I know, does NOT affect your elemental effect chance.
  • I haven't even forged the Sabertooth lance or Rathalos+ armor. Idk why this idea popped in my head, but I think it was significant enough to share. If you didnt like reading all of it, then I'm sorry. Not really.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well the set I like (because it looks cool and has pretty good skills) is a combo of Ceadeus and Barioth+ gemmed with a talisman to give me Sharpness +1 and Evasion +2. In my opinion, the best two sets are mixed sets to get HGE, Sharpness+1, and Evasion+1/2 or Attack up (L), Sharpness +1, and Evasion+1. These sets require lots or rare materials and talismans though. What I used to use though, was Barioth+ gemmed for speed sharpening. I found Evasion+2 and Evade Distance up very helpful for maneuvering with my weapon drawn (especially in sword mode).

Idk what's up with your controls. I play with a CCpro and everyone I see and play with changes from axe>sword with the axe's thrust. We'll have to play sometime so you can show me.

even with Rathalos+, that's only a 30% affinity boost on most weapons. IMO, an attack boost combined with 10% affinity is better. With the attack boost you deal more damage consistently with the occasional boost from a crit. With Crit Eye+3, your raw stays lower.

Ex:
-Critical hits do 25% more damage.
-Attack Up boosts your raw attack.
-Critical eye+3 has a 30% chance of giving crits.
-Affinity does not stack
(i.e. having 30% affinity does not mean you'll do 75% more damage, it just means you have 30% of doing 25% more damage)
-Attack up (L) has 100% chance of raising your attack.
-Attack up (L) combined with Crit Eye +1 boosts your attack with a 10% chance of boosting it further (by 25%).
-Crit Eye +3 does not boost your raw attack.
-Attack up (L) and Crit Eye +1 is the superior choice.

Edit:
lemme do some calculations real quick courtesy of the GameFAQ's damage formula:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/59207

Edit Edit:
Just finished my calcs:

I did Attack Up (L) Vs. Affinity using the Soulbreaker (P) in Axe mode performing the overhead chop on the Great Jaggis head.

Here is the damage formula:
[ATP x TYPE x SHARP x HITZONE] / [CLASS] = Raw Damage

Attack up
[1134 x .54 x 1.20 x .85] / [5.4] = 115.668

Affinity
[1026 x .54 x 1.20 x .85] / [5.4] = 104.652 x .25 (critical hit)= 26.163 + 104.652 = 130.815

Affinity alone outdamages Attack up alone in one hit, if you land a critical hit. Attack up (L) combined with affinity outdamages them both.

Attack up AND Affinity
[1134 x .54 x 1.20 x .85] / [5.4] = 115.668 x .25 (crit) = 28.922 + 115.668 = 144.59

Edit Edit Edit:

Some other Calc i thought i'd add:

Attack up Vs. Affinity:

Attack Up:
Lets say you have Attack up L and attack 10 times with the overhead chop. Using the damage above, your total raw damage inflicted would be: 1,156.68

Affinity:
Lets say you have Critical Eye +3 and attack 10 times with the overhead chop. It's fair to assume that since Crit Eye +3 gives you 30% affinity and you attack 10 times, you will get 3 critical hits. Using the damage above, your total raw damage would be: 1,125.009

Affinity AND Attack up:
Lets say you have Attack Up L and Critical Eye +1. You attack 10 times with the overhead chop. It's fair to assume that since Crit Eye +1 gives you 10% affinity and you attack 10 times, you will get 1 critical hit. Using the damage above, your total raw damage would be: 1,185.602

At this point, Attack up L starts to outdamage Crit Eye +3. Over the course of the battle it would follow that Attack Up L would surpass Crit Eye +3 further. The Attack Up L and Crit Eye +1 combo continues to outdamage them both alone.

Edit Edit Edit Edit:
The one problem I saw with your post, Derp:

The poster you quoted is mis-informed about how much a critical hit actually does. He thinks a critical hit does 125% more damage, when in reality it does 25% more damage (that's a 1.25 damage modifier, not a 12.5 damage modifier). If critical hits were like that, they'd be broken and there wouldn't even be this silly little debate of Attack Vs. Affinity. 5% Affinity would outdamage Attack up L if that were the case XD

It also doesn't seem like he knows the Damage Formula (he knows about it, but didn't use it), and is just using basic math (not that the Damage Formula doesn't involve basic math lol).

(Or maybe I just read it wrong and mis-understood the whole post xD, but I think I was pretty clear)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
. What I used to use though, was Barioth+ gemmed for speed sharpening.

I play with a CCpro and everyone I see and play with changes from axe>sword with the axe's thrust.
[/url]
Barioth+ is next, then. Gaah, I hate Barioth. Really, really hate it. :ohwell:

Sure. My online name is SAM and I'll be on tomorrow from....11-ish EST. I'll post my ID then.

Gah777

Smash Lord
K. Then we can put the Monster Hunter Xat to use :3
I can help out with the making of your Bari+ set, he's not too tough when you slow him down a bit (break his wings).

Edit: I highly encourage everyone to read my previous post on Affinity Vs. Raw and let me know if you have any arguments. I think I covered that pretty well.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
K. Then we can put the Monster Hunter Xat to use :3
I can help out with the making of your Bari+ set, he's not too tough when you slow him down a bit (break his wings).
Barioth or Vangis? Which set is better for Axe users? I'd personally say Barioth but the Sharpness +1 never hurts...hmm...

Gah777

Smash Lord
If you have the ultra-rare +7 evade two slot talisman (so you can get evade +1), then Vangis, or if you just like the attack boost. If you prefer to be more maneuverable and avoid more things, go with Bari+.

Also, I wont get home till about 11pm EST tomorrow.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
so the beast megatreon will show himself tommorrow? well i'm still not ready to fight him yet! ;_; FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Gah777

Smash Lord
it's either Megatreon or Jhotimus Prime. Probably Megatreon though.

And I'm ready!!!

For all the noobs to f-up the quest on a regular basis and only be able to kill it once the whole week this quest is availible.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
You know, there is supposed to be a giant monster 3 days after the Super Alatreon, so maybe you'll get both. As for the xat and all that, I've just been using the MH3Wikia Chatroom, but I'll check the xat first tomorrow and see who I can find.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I'll be fine with whichever way the group majority goes.

Gah777; said:
Edit: I highly encourage everyone to read my previous post on Affinity Vs. Raw and let me know if you have any arguments. I think I covered that pretty well.
You covered it well. You pointed out I used very broad calculations, and yes, a critical is = base attack x 1.25, but I thought that's the same as saying the blow is 125%. Sharpness+1 with Attack Up(S,M,orL) can be alot stronger than relying on chance, but chance based skills have their merit as well, which was what I was pointing out. Affinity to attack is what Divine Protection is to defense. If you know you are going to get lots of little pecks and dings (hitting or being hit), luck based skills aren't obsolete. Some weapons strike very often, so affinity could work. It's all based on could's, if's, and can's, but like I said before, it's about turning that probability into a "highly possible".

Although I didn't get into detail, you came up with the same conclusion. Affinity is more useful than attacks that raise base attack only if you get critical hits -often-. If your set and weapon support a high critical hit ratio, affinity is one path, since it's clear not all weapons were designed for damage anyways. On the flipside, it doesnt make sense to try to jack up affinity on a weapon that has none and/or won't hit often, like a GS. If they have a little affinity to them, you get the possibility of an even greater attack boost. It's the same as having the Defender food skill with Divine Protection; extra bonus, although whichever way you bend it, it's luck.

As for dealing alot of damage, I think a combination of Attack Up (S/M/L), Adrenaline+2, Sharpness+1, and Evasion+1/2 is the most ideal. No luck involved, but the risk increases obviously since you are living on the edge.

http://www.monsterhunter-armory.com/combinations.php
If you type my name in the Author section, you can see the set I made here.

With all skills active and after holding charms/talons, along with eating seeds, I got 671 attack and 390 defense with a lance (you can actually have 701 attack, stable). This -clearly- outclasses Affinity, since I wasn't even using Attack Up at all, but hey, I don't count out critical hit ratio skills just because my base attack and elemental sharpness are skyrocketing...

Gah777

Smash Lord
Gah do you plan to sleep bomb or go for the fun kill ;)
i'm gonna hammer that ***** back to oblivion, son! None of this ***** *** ****ing stupid sissy sleepbombing! I take that **** like a man! This game isn't called "Sleep Bomber Tri", it's ****ing Monster Hunter! You HUNT ****ing MONSTERS!

@Wolfang, yeah that 125% thing kind confused me. I thought you were say that a critical is 125% stronger lol. Glad we came to the same conclusion ^.^

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
i'm gonna hammer that ***** back to oblivion, son! None of this ***** *** ****ing stupid sissy sleepbombing! I take that **** like a man! This game isn't called "Sleep Bomber Tri", it's ****ing Monster Hunter! You HUNT ****ing MONSTERS!
Major Payne, 15 years later.

Anywho, how does 8 o'clock sound to everyone? I only have Lobos on my FC list, but like I said before, I'll be around in the MHWikiChatRoom, but I'll check out the MonsterHunterTri Xat first.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Meh, today's my long day. I won't be home till 9pm MST, so I could get in maybe one quest cuz I gotta get up early tomorrow.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'm SO glad to hear you say that.

Most of the times I've gone for Ala. everyone there's like "You have sleep shots, right?" and sometimes I'd say "not at the moment", and they'd be like, "WELL **** THIS I'M OUT!"

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'm SO glad to hear you say that.

Most of the times I've gone for Ala. everyone there's like "You have sleep shots, right?" and sometimes I'd say "not at the moment", and they'd be like, "WELL **** THIS I'M OUT!"
lol I hate people that act like sleepbombing is the ONLY way to defeat Alatreon, as if he's somehow immune to physical hits. Meleeing him can actually be faster and more efficient that sleep bombing since it doesn't use up so many materials, not to mention fighting him is way more fun.

So i've been reading about Megatreon and his drop rate on Skypeircers. Apparently most people have been getting between 0-3 a run, averaging out to at least one per run. Some guy even said he got about 13 in 8 runs. That's pretty incredible.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
lol I hate people that act like sleepbombing is the ONLY way to defeat Alatreon.

So i've been reading about Megatreon and his drop rate on Skypeircers.
Given the fact that the only decent armor I have to go against Ala is my Ingot+, I'd say I'm in a bind. Apart from that, I have Lagi+. That's why I usually go for sleep bombing. Physically, I get *****. Luckily, I keep 11 farcasters on me. XD

The drop rate is actually pretty decent. Of the 4 quests I completed, I got 6 Skypiercers.

As for the sleep bombing, he takes quite a few punches bombs. Two quests we failed because there wasn't time. :urg:

It's still great, fun, though. I just need 2 more Broken Skypiercers and I can have my Dark Switch Axe! XD

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I was just on....beat super ala with a random group and won. He is so easy lol
Same here. I didn't feel the difference between the two cept it was a bit stronger and it took longer to kill. 27 minutes, but I blame the random people for dying, and then just standing around. Would've probably been more fun with folks from here.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Given the fact that the only decent armor I have to go against Ala is my Ingot+, I'd say I'm in a bind. Apart from that, I have Lagi+. That's why I usually go for sleep bombing. Physically, I get *****. Luckily, I keep 11 farcasters on me. XD

The drop rate is actually pretty decent. Of the 4 quests I completed, I got 6 Skypiercers.

As for the sleep bombing, he takes quite a few punches bombs. Two quests we failed because there wasn't time. :urg:

It's still great, fun, though. I just need 2 more Broken Skypiercers and I can have my Dark Switch Axe! XD
Simple remedy: make better armor and upgrade it. Then go for the Ala weps. For a while I used Bari+ for everything.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious what everyone else uses for Ala, too.

Me:
Baggi+ Helm
Ceadeus+ Chest
Jhen Bracers
Vangis (Jho) Waist
Ceadeus Legs
(I think that's my setup, been a while since i looked lol)

Skills: Sharpness +1, HG Earplugs, Focus.

Weapon: Devil's Crush (P)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I use my same ol' Dia/Agn set since I can finish an Ala. run without getting hit once ;p

Jhen Cannon with Normal boost and Pierce boost Pierce Up

also some jewels for +10 Ice protection and some to cancel out Elem Atk Down.

Gah777

Smash Lord
anyone up for some Megatreon (or just general hunting) around 5pm MST tomorrow?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
We'll see. I may be playing halo at a friend's

Because you seem very much the expert, what would you rep as a gunner?

Gah777

Smash Lord
We'll see. I may be playing halo at a friend's

Because you seem very much the expert, what would you rep as a gunner?
What I would rep is something with recoil down. Then depending on what kind of bowgun build you have I would have something like element/ status attack up, critical eye, (insert ammo type here) up, load up, bonus shot, evasion+1/2, and/or evade distance up.

What I do sport though is the Alatreon gunner armor with the Barioth+ waist to give me the following skills:

Bonus shot
Evade distance up
Blightptoof
Bombardier
Speed setup

Then, for a gun setup I have the Jaggid fire frame, chaos wing stock, and each barrel that rapid fires an element. That setup can rapid fire an element and peirce lv2, then with bonus shot, I shoot 4 shots per rapid fire instead of 3. I then cary peirce lv1 and 2, para lv2, sleep lv1, the two elements that the monster is most weak to, heal lv1, and normal lv3.

Lobos

Smash Master
Give me your armor and weapons specifications.

NOW.

:urg:

Edit: My online name is SAM and ID is ELMN7R. Could it be added to the OP?
It wasn't so much my armor/weapon....I've farmed ala so I know his pattern and what to take with me. Plus I teamed with like all HR100+ people so they knew what they were doing.

The armor set I took was a mixed one so I have HR earplugs, sharpness+1, tremor-proof and I had an ala revolution. Ate food to boost my health and defense.

Same here. I didn't feel the difference between the two cept it was a bit stronger and it took longer to kill. 27 minutes, but I blame the random people for dying, and then just standing around. Would've probably been more fun with folks from here.
Yeah it did more damage but didn't seem any longer....I did take a armor horn with me and someone else had a demon horn. Along with 10 might seeds each, 2 dragon weapons (GS and LS) and 2 ice weapons (Lance and SA).

We put a pounding on him, knocked him out of the sky whenever he flew, and I had got atleast 15 fully charged attacks with my GS with might seed on. :laugh:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Do any of you find SnS less capable to fight Alatreon? Like, would you be irked if one decided to join your quest?

I just don't see them much

Gah777

Smash Lord
As long as it's not a Morpheus knife or anything. If they have a decent setup (ie EAU, evade, etc) and are using the narchebode (or however you spell it >.>). SnS is actually one of my best weapons.

The SnS actually does pretty well vs Alatreon. It's more mobile, can dodge and keep attacking. Not to mention being able to use a lifepowder to support teammates who are getting knocked around. (Played with some LSer last night who seemed to get hit by every one of Alatreon's fireballs >.>).

SnS Alatreon Solo pt1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOb6moUcfaI

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Plus I teamed with like all HR100+ people so they knew what they were doing.
I LOVE your Sig. The DtB compilation is FUNNY. Gave me a few guffaws.

I nearly finished my Jho set...need 1fFang. WTF. 1 Fang. It gave me 3 gems quest after quest after quest, but no fangs.

I also made my Dark SA today. ^_^

Just need 1 gem to upgrade. Just one.

Edit:

Do any of you find SnS less capable to fight Alatreon? Like, would you be irked if one decided to join your quest?
A few people had Nardebosche on today. Not all sucked, but they had it on just because it was Alatreon. It was quite obvious one of them was a lance user, but hadn't made the Ice counterpart. Shielder, not an evader. He did alright.

But, yeah, most of the people using SnS are with Morpheus Knife. =\

Gah777

Smash Lord
yeah, but now more people are going after the Great Azure. You can sleep AND turtle with it! OMG broken! Now i just gotta get me some Guard +2 guard boost, HP+50, eat for defense and stamina, pop a mega dash juice and sit in the corner all day and spam shield pokes, son! But, i think instead i'll go for a random mix that has no skills except for auto guard, that's much easier :p

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I made my Jho armor today, but the lack of earplugs sucks. I guess I'm going to have to farm Ceadus again.

The only problem then is the missing Attack Up (L).

Help me, Gah777, you're my only hope!

Gah777

Smash Lord
Haha just go with whatever you're comfortable with. There's a way to get HGE, Attack Up L, and Sharpness +1. Now let me see...

I believe it uses:
Ceadeus+ helm
Ceadeus+ chest
Ceadeus/Ceadeus arms
Ceadeus+ waist
Jho legs

Put onslaught gems on the helm waist and legs, then a hearing gem on a weapon. I don't know for sure if that's the exact setup or not. Check out the monster hunter wiki for sure.

It really just depends what you want out of the weapon.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well Vangis is a pretty good "catch-all" set, although there are a few weapons that could benefit from another skill set. Hammers, GS, Sw Axe, and maybe even LS benefit from Vangis. SnS and Lance are better off with something like evade and/ or guard (lance), and EAU or Sharpness +1. basically what I did was make a set for each weapon. I have a lance set, 2 hammer/GS sets, an Element set (SA, LS, SnS), a Status set, and a generic SA set (other weps can be used like SnS, LS, etc. But I use it for SA).

Look into that HGE, Atk up L, Sharpness+1 set, though. It's a really good generic weapon set.

Lobos

Smash Master
The vangis set is the only armor set I don't have......but I love HG earplugs and can't seem to leave it....

Top Bottom