• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
The best choice for an overall FF rep would be Cloud. A FF rep that is on an original Nintendo game(since no one is going to be banging down Sakurai's door to include one) is debatable.
Cloud has NO history with nintendo.moogles do!

mog could rep all moogles.

Cless

Smash Champion
What does that have to do with what I said at all? Most people think of FFVII when they think of FF. I didn't say Cloud is a shoe-in. He has a snowball's chance in Hell, but he would be the best representative for FF outside of like a Chocobo.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Who the hell said they have to have history with Nintendo though?

What's Snake's real history with Nintendo?
Its real funny to see Geno fans bash the importance of having a history with Nintendo when half their argument for Geno being in revolves around his "impact" on subsequent Mario RPGs.

When we bring up Mog's history with Nintendo, its brushed off as a non-factor.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Its real funny to see Geno fans bash the importance of having a history with Nintendo when half their argument for Geno being in revolves around his "impact" on subsequent Mario RPGs.

That's because he's a Mario character, while Mog isn't

Don't you have a real arguement BTW instead of bringing up something completely irrelivent?

Elysium

Smash Lord

Don't you have a real arguement BTW instead of bringing up something completely irrelivent?
Can't believe i'm defending mog....

Anyway, Mog has about as much history as Snake or Geno does. I believe they each saw the light of day through a Nintendo system, correct?
Also Geno is third party, so he isn't really a Mario character...

platnum

Smash Lord
Who the hell said they have to have history with Nintendo though?

What's Snake's real history with Nintendo?
Snake has VERY little history with nintendo,the only reason hes in is because sakurai was begged.

moogles have ALOT of history with nintendo(they have apeard on every console except the 64) which means they have a good chance in brawl.

Btw history DOES matter.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe i'm defending mog....

Anyway, Mog has about as much history as Snake or Geno does. I believe they each saw the light of day through a Nintendo system, correct?
Also Geno is third party, so he isn't really a Mario character...
Yes, he really is a Mario character.

That's still, irrelivent

Snake has VERY little history with nintendo,the only reason hes in is because sakurai was begged.

moogles have ALOT of history with nintendo(they have apeard on every console except the 64) which means they have a good chance in brawl.

Btw history DOES matter.
That is just an assumption

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Geno is still an SE character and this is not irrelevant in the least. Its the truth you don't wan't to face, because you know full well that SE could have used Geno outside of the Mario universe context and that he doesn't belong to Nintendo.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Geno is still an SE character and this is not irrelevant in the least. Its the truth you don't wan't to face, because you know full well that SE could have used Geno outside of the Mario universe context and that he doesn't belong to Nintendo.
That's still irrelivent to the arguements against Mog

Bashing on another character. WOw, pathetic.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Btw history DOES matter.
History? Appearing on a game doesn't make someone have history with a company, especially if the character isn't what sells the game.

History would equate to a character (or franchise) having an impact on the company. Mario has history with Nintendo. Sonic has a history with Nintendo. The Final Fantasy FRANCHISE has history with Nintendo. Not Moogles themselves.

By the way, aren't you supposed to be defending Mog, not Moogles? Because defending Moogles doesn't equal defending Mog. :p

Also, according to this logic, Cid has an equal chance of getting in. Along with Chocobos and Megaman. MEGAMAN FTW!

platnum

Smash Lord
Wow, do you even know how to argue a relevant point?

I didn't know this was the Geno thread. The title is misleading
you sir,are trying as hard as you possibly can to dodge having to truly reply by flaming the poster.

next time,REPLY!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
History? Appearing on a game doesn't make someone have history with a company, especially if the character isn't what sells the game.
Fun fact: Mog actually helped sell the game. Do I have to bring that commerical up again?

History would equate to a character (or franchise) having an impact on the company. Mario has history with Nintendo. Sonic has a history with Nintendo. The Final Fantasy FRANCHISE has history with Nintendo. Not Moogles themselves.
Oh the franchise has a history with Nintendo. Thats great and of course Mog was a part of that history along with his Moogle friends. Its clear that any character that has appeared on a Nintendo system has had at least SOME history with Nintendo. Mario and Sonic have history with Nintendo on an epic scale. Mog just happens to have history on a smaller scale.

By the way, aren't you supposed to be defending Mog, not Moogles? Because defending Moogles doesn't equal defending Mog. :p
I guess its alright to slap a "Chocobo" label across several different versions of the character that span over several systems and several games, but when it comes to Mog, its not phair to lump him in with his Moogle brethren. Mog resembles those Moogles and he is the mightiest Moogle of them all. If people don't like the fact that Mog is a part of a species that appears time and time again in FF games, then tough beans. =o)

Wow Krystal learn how to argue for your character instead of bashing people that like better characters than the ones you like....
Opinions passed off as fact FTL.

BTW, never bashed Geno. I said he belonged to SE (Fact). =o)

Come to think of it, I never bashed you Geno fans either. All I did was expose an inconsistency between how you view Mog and how you view Geno.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I love how all arguments with Krystal turn into Geno arguments, it is usually her last method when she can't argue something.

Anyway, Geno has three things Mog doesn't have:

1) Relevance in his game.
2) The polls
3) A huge fanbase

So they're not comparable, even if they belong to the same company.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
you sir,are trying as hard as you possibly can to dodge having to truly reply by flaming the poster.

next time,REPLY!
Maybe you shouldn't rely on other people to do the arguing for you...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I love how all arguments with Krystal turn into Geno arguments, it is usually her last method when she can't argue something.
I dont have a last method. I call inconsistencies and hypocrisy as I see it. If it involves bringing up Geno, then thats fine by me.

Anyway, Geno has three things Mog doesn't have:

1) Relevance in his game.
Granted. Geno has more relevance to the story of his game than Mog does to his.

2) The polls
You mean the list of suggestions that Sakurai hand picked out of God knows how many?

3) A huge fanbase
If Geno has a huge fanbase like you claim, then how come he got beat out by a goomba in the melee polls? He tied with Mallow in that poll I believe. Mog is part of a well known game that has spawned several remakes and is more recognizable than Geno. Even if you take away Mog's FFVI credentials you are still left with a creature many FF fans will immediately recognize as a Moogle.

So they're not comparable, even if they belong to the same company.
Both are not the leads of their games, both belong to SE, both have only had notable roles in their first games, but the difference here is that Mog's game was not as obscure as SMRPG. There are more people who know about FFVI than those that do about SMRPG. It also helps when FFVI is normally considered one of the greatest RPGs of all time and made a HUGE splash when it came out on the SNES. FFVI was no joke. =o)

vesperview

Smash Hero
You mean the list of suggestions that Sakurai hand picked out of God knows how many?
I mean the list of suggestions in which Mog is nowhere to be found.

If Geno has a huge fanbase like you claim, then how come he got beat out by a goomba in the melee polls? He tied with Mallow in that poll I believe. Mog is part of a well known game that has spawned several remakes and is more recognizable than Geno. Even if you take away Mog's FFVI credentials you are still left with a creature many FF fans will immediately recognize as a Moogle.
The polls have nothing to do with the popularity of a character and I don't see where this Geno comparison is going.

Both are not the leads of their games, both belong to SE, both have only had notable roles in their first games, but the difference here is that Mog's game was not as obscure as SMRPG. There are more people who know about FFVI than those that do about SMRPG. It also helps when FFVI is normally considered one of the greatest RPGs of all time and made a HUGE splash when it came out on the SNES. FFVI was no joke. =o)
And that does what for Mog? You're using the game's impact to support the game's most irrelevant character, why don't you just accept that Mog is far from being the first choice for an SE rep?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

Why the hell are you bringing up Geno for?

Geno was of utter importance. His technique of star collecting influenced the very premise of games to collect stars, like the Shine Sprites, Power Stars, etc. He must of been important, because that ******* tied Ridley, Ike, and other well known icons at 4 votes. Even more, is that Geno was written about in Sakurai's Journal, 4 times.

Mog is like the singular Toad, Kinipio (pronounced like Pinocchio?), that's the main representative of their obscure race, like Moogles and Toads.

Toad is of no importance to any game. Super Mario Bros. 2, all he was, was a playable side character, so don't try to bring him up.

Don't you dare bring up anything negative and random out of nowhere about Geno. Besides, you comparing Geno to Mog is ridiculous. He should commit Geno-Cide on Moogles.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I mean the list of suggestions in which Mog is nowhere to be found.
The same goes for Sonic there.

The polls have nothing to do with the popularity of a character and I don't see where this Geno comparison is going.
Ok, why did you bring up the polls then?

And that does what for Mog? You're using the game's impact to support the game's most irrelevant character, why don't you just accept that Mog is far from being the first choice for an SE rep?
Mkay, first off Mog is not the most irrelevant character. Umaro is. People base who Sakurai looks at off of popularity. Something Mog doesn't lack. The games impact is only rivaled by its popularity. It was a hit back then and its a hit now. A hit which Mog happens to be a part of and as such, a game that has showcased Mog to more people than Geno.

Geno was of utter importance. His technique of star collecting influenced the very premise of games to collect stars, like the Shine Sprites, Power Stars, etc. He must of been important, because that ******* tied Ridley, Ike, and other well known icons at 4 votes. Even more, is that Geno was written about in Sakurai's Journal, 4 times.
His technique of star collecting? You mean his backstory influenced the star collecting premise of future Mario games.

Mog is like the singular Toad, Kinipio (pronounced like Pinocchio?), that's the main representative of their obscure race, like Moogles and Toads.
Mog is like the singular Toad? You are underselling Mog's historical relevance to FF just like you are underselling Toad's importance to the Mario series (a guy who did extremely well in the melee polls) and who is considered a major character outside of the Mario games. Cartoons, comics, merchandise, etc. You know what? Toad is in the game right now even if he is a Peach move.

Toad is of no importance to any game. Super Mario Bros. 2, all he was, was a playable side character, so don't try to bring him up.
Yeah, I totally just brought Toad up. Listen, even in SMB 2, Toad was as much of a "side" character as Luigi or Peach.

Don't you dare bring up anything negative and random out of nowhere about Geno. Besides, you comparing Geno to Mog is ridiculous. He should commit Geno-Cide on Moogles.
Don't I dare bring up facts? I think I will and if you don't like it, then too bad. Facts aren't always going to be in favor of the characters you support and thats just something you will have to deal with. I like the "Geno-Cide" comment as well. Yes, all Moogles should totally be wiped out just because a Geno fan can't face the music.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Thank you! God, I was trying to figure out a good comparison.

Mkay, first off Mog is not the most irrelevant character. Umaro is. People base who Sakurai looks at off of popularity. Something Mog doesn't lack. The games impact is only rivaled by its popularity. It was a hit back then and its a hit now. A hit which Mog happens to be a part of and as such, a game that has showcased Mog to more people than Geno.
...And this game also showcased many other characters (12, not including Umaro) that are more qualified than Mog. Like, you know... Terra, Locke, Sabin, Celes, and Cyan, just to name a few.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Maybe you shouldn't rely on other people to do the arguing for you...
Then he'd say nothing but kupo all over the place. All he does is echo, say kupo, say get on topic, or falsely accuses people of trolling or flaming. Why didn't he stay banned?

Also, Chocobo outprioritizes Mog in everything. Chocobo boasts his own FF spin off series, appearing in every FF game to date except FF1, and he was required to do a task in each ame he was in. Mog was just an optional character in some FF game, and mad some insignificant cameos in others.

vesperview

Smash Hero
The same goes for Sonic there.
So? Mog is not the most requested third party lol.

Ok, why did you bring up the polls then?
Because it shows that Sakurai has shown interest in that character, so far there's not even a hint at a Final Fantasy character in Brawl, let alone Mog.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that Mog is not the most popular character in the game and you're contradicting yourself, wasn't Mog supposed to be representing the whole species throughout the series? Now you're just using his irrelevant role as a merit, if they were going for FFVI impact to choose a character, Mog wouldn't be the first choice and you know it.

platnum

Smash Lord
Then he'd say nothing but kupo all over the place. All he does is echo, say kupo, say get on topic, or falsely accuses people of trolling or flaming. Why didn't he stay banned?

Also, Chocobo outprioritizes Mog in everything. Chocobo boasts his own FF spin off series, appearing in every FF game to date except FF1, and he was required to do a task in each ame he was in. Mog was just an optional character in some FF game, and mad some insignificant cameos in others.
KUUUUPO!

that post is making me angry.
REMOVE IT!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
KUUUUPO!

that post is making me angry.
REMOVE IT!
Platnum. Seriously. Shut the hell up. Either back up the character that you oh-so dear want in Brawl or we'll (mainly Vesper) continue to rip your little Mog to shreds.

Okay? You need a head start to think of something? Okay. You got it. Now... think.

platnum

Smash Lord
Platnum. Seriously. Shut the hell up. Either back up the character that you oh-so dear want in Brawl or we'll (mainly Vesper) continue to rip your little Mog to shreds.

Okay? You need a head start to think of something? Okay. You got it. Now... think.
rip mog to shreads? Wont happen.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So? Mog is not the most requested third party lol.
Anyone will tell you that if someone claims that X character was the most requested, there is likely to be concrete numerical evidence (Full Poll Results!)

That said, what makes you think Mog didn't get suggestions since that list only shows a select number of characters out of many more that were suggested?

Because it shows that Sakurai has shown interest in that character, so far there's not even a hint at a Final Fantasy character in Brawl, let alone Mog.
Explain Chocobo's appearance on the list then.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that Mog is not the most popular character in the game
I only went as far to say that Mog was highly recognizable since he was not only part of a very popular game, but a reoccuring race. You just told me he is not the most popular character in the game and I want to know just who that character is. Once you do that I would like to see concrete evidence to back that claim.

you're contradicting yourself, wasn't Mog supposed to be representing the whole species throughout the series? Now you're just using his irrelevant role as a merit, if they were going for FFVI impact to choose a character, Mog wouldn't be the first choice and you know it.
I am using his recognizability as a merit as both a FFVI character and a Moogle. You are trying to shove storyline relevance into the equation when its clear I never made that the focal point of my arguments for Mog being in Brawl. If they were going for FFVI impact, I have no Earthly idea who they would choose, but I know Sakurai wouldn't just pick a character for the impact they brought to the game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That said, what makes you think Mog didn't get suggestions since that list only shows a select number of characters out of many more that were suggested?
Why speculate on something we'll never know?

Explain Chocobo's appearance on the list then.
I forgot this was Super Smash Bros Melee.[/sarcasm]

I only went as far to say that Mog was highly recognizable since he was not only part of a very popular game, but a reoccuring race. You just told me he is not the most popular character in the game and I want to know just who that character is. Once you do that I would like to see concrete evidence to back that claim.
It doesn't take a couple of neurones to know that he isn't the most popular character, that goes to Terra or Kefka, plus, you're the one saying Mog has a fanbase and that he is highly recognizable, yet without proof, from what I see, most people don't a give a crap, you're the only one defending Mog in this thread and don't give me the species crap, a Moogle based only on FFVI is not representing the whole species.

I know Sakurai wouldn't just pick a character for the impact they brought to the game.
And you know that how?

Shuma

Smash Hero
"And you know that how?"

Oh, you don't know? silly Vesper, it's obvious. Wait... you really don't know do you? Ha, ~Krystal~ is Sakurai.

platnum

Smash Lord
DID happen.

Anyway, at least give some kind of rebuttal beside either

A: ) Saying KUPO, going on a tirade, and pressing enter 9 times
B: ) Letting Krystal do all the dirty work for you.

You made the thread. Show some fighting spirit.
I have decided to destroy all haters in one post.

Arguments DESTROYED!
1)mog is not major enough.
does he have to be?NO.

2)interview said NO FF chars
1:the interview could be fake.
2:link or it didnt happen!
3:minds can be changed!

3)cloud out prioritieses him.
no he does not! the only time cloud appeard on a nintendo console was a cameo in a relitively unpopular game.(i mean KH COM not the kh series)

4)chocobo is more important than mog.
1:that doesnt matter
2:chocobo could be an AT or part of mogs moveset.
3:chocobo is WAY to awkward to be a PC,mog however,isnt.

5)Geno>mog for SE rep!
actualy they could both be in!(read the first post).mog=Geno.

how was that?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
"And you know that how?"

Oh, you don't know? silly Vesper, it's obvious. Wait... you really don't know do you? Ha, ~Krystal~ is Sakurai.
Try this, Sakurai thinks putting characters in just because of their popularity is boring. :)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I have decided to destroy all haters in one post.

Arguments DESTROYED!
1)mog is not major enough.
does he have to be?NO.

2)interview said NO FF chars
1:the interview could be fake.
2:link or it didnt happen!
3:minds can be changed!

3)cloud out prioritieses him.
no he does not! the only time cloud appeard on a nintendo console was a cameo in a relitively unpopular game.(i mean KH COM not the kh series)

4)chocobo is more important than mog.
1:that doesnt matter
2:chocobo could be an AT or part of mogs moveset.
3:chocobo is WAY to awkward to be a PC,mog however,isnt.

5)Geno>mog for SE rep!
actualy they could both be in!(read the first post).mog=Geno.

how was that?
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha!

Don't make me laugh please, I spilled my drink when I read that.

Biased **** as usual!

Try this, Sakurai thinks putting characters in just because of their popularity is boring. :)
And you think that applies to third parties, who are in the game just to make money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom