• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha!

Don't make me laugh please, I spilled my drink when I read that.

Biased **** as usual!

And you think that applies to third parties, who are in the game just to make money?
ALL ARGUEMENTS FOR OR AGAISNT ANYTHING ARE BIASED IN SOME WAY!!!!

so that whole biasd **** thing could apply to you as well.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Sakurai thinks putting characters in just because of their popularity is boring."

Try this, Sakurai knows adding popular characters is important.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
But didn't you say Mog was a popular character? :)
I did say Mog was a highly recognizable character, but he isn't the most popular FF character and his popularity isn't the only thing he has going for him. :)

Mog has a very unique moveset. He uses spears & he dances.

lol. Sorry. Had to do it.
Its alright. =o)

Don't feel too bad.

And you think that applies to third parties, who are in the game just to make money?
Is Snake just in the game to make money? =o)

vesperview

Smash Hero
money aint everything.

and you said your self that snake was in because sakurai was begged.
Yeah, he begged for him to be in because Snake is a minor irrelevant character with **** going for him.[/sarcasm] Don't even begin comparing Snake to Mog, if anything compare Snake to Cloud.

I love how you dismiss everything because "It doesn't matter" lol!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
platnum.. you make me laugh
Me too... but that bad kind of laughing when you see a baby getting beat in Wal-mart...

Well, yeah, Kojima asked, but he's still going to get money from it. Royalties?

The creators of Brawl are going to have third-party chars that are going to sell the game, dude. And, I'm sorry, but Mog just isn't going to sell the same way, say, Terra would.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"money aint everything."

You clearly are incredible dumb, or incredible naive.

"and you said your self that snake was in because sakurai was begged."

And just like Sonic he was added to making more money.

Cless

Smash Champion
No one from pre-VII FF is going to help sell the game that much. Too many people started with VII and think everything before that is outdated and crappy.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
i wasnt talking about the game.

i was talking about life.
Sorry, man. Even though that's true (in a sense,) he's making this game to make MONEY. He's not making this game just to say," hey, I'm gonna be nice to everyone and have every character ever created in one game with hundreds of musical pieces and whatnot" just to be nice.

He be needin' da money, mon.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
ha lol

1) platnum stop spacing your your posts

2) if you are trying to be funny. stop it. your not

3) i have not seen you make one intelligent reason on why mog should be in brawl

so stop spamming up the boards. if you are going to post. post something intelligent

Shuma

Smash Hero
"i wasnt talking about the game."

Oh my, i'm sorry, it's just that i expected that in a video game forum we would talk about a videogame.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sakurai doesn't even need Sonic or Snake to make insane amounts of $$. This game will sell regardless. The questions you all should be asking right now is just how much of a difference adding a real popular 3rd party character is going to make.

platnum

Smash Lord
Sorry, man. Even though that's true (in a sense,) he's making this game to make MONEY. He's not making this game just to say," hey, I'm gonna be nice to everyone and have every character ever created in one game with hundreds of musical pieces and whatnot" just to be nice.

He be needin' da money, mon.
True that be.

to quot myself:GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
ha lol

1) platnum stop spacing your your posts

2) if you are trying to be funny. stop it. your not

3) i have not seen you make one intelligent reason on why mog should be in brawl

so stop spamming up the boards. if you are going to post. post something intelligent
bringing to next page

platnum. you fail

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Sakurai doesn't even need Sonic or Snake to make insane amounts of $$. This game will sell regardless. The questions you all should be asking right now is just how much of a difference adding a real popular 3rd party character is going to make.
A hell of a lot of difference.

People see Snake and say "OMG, I'M SO GETTING THIS!"

Same for Sonic... I guess.

More sales=More money for Sakurai to bathe in.

Yeah, and if they added Mog... it'd just be a "Oh, that's cool" kinda addition. Sorry to tell you. lol.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Sakurai doesn't even need Sonic or Snake to make insane amounts of $$. This game will sell regardless."

And he gets more money with Snake and Sonic.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
A hell of a lot of difference.

People see Snake and say "OMG, I'M SO GETTING THIS!"

Same for Sonic... I guess.

More sales=More money for Sakurai to bathe in.

Yeah, and if they added Mog... it'd just be a "Oh, that's cool" kinda addition. Sorry to tell you. lol.
Yeah but the question is just how much sales are going to be generated because of Sonic and Snake. I'm sure there are some hardcore MGS fans out there willing to get Brawl just because Snake is in, but there are many more who would buy the game just because Mario is in it. Characters like Luigi, Peach, ZSS, DK, Lucas, & Wario would just be frosting on the cake to those people.

People, Melee sold 6 million copies. Thats easily the highest number of sales for any Gamecube game. That was without Sonic and Snake.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"People, Melee sold 6 million copies. Thats easily the highest number of sales for any Gamecube game."

"Thats easily the highest number of sales for any Gamecube game."

"highest number of sales for any Gamecube game."

"number of sales for any Gamecube game."

"number of sales"

Wich is not much when you compare it with other games like Halo. Besides, the more the merrier, also what kind of argument is that? if Sonic and Snake are in the game they're to get more sales.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
money aint everything..
Yo realise ofcourse that Nintendo is a company and so to a company profits are everything, right? They are nothing but profit driven, if you did economics and/or didn't have the mind of an eight year old you may know that.

Question: If this topic was made by anyone else would there be anywhere near as much Mog hate?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I believe, because of the inclusion of Snake and Sonic, Nintendo will see a increase of sells. True, this is a MUST have game and will be the best selling game for months to come. But there will be in increase in sells because of Snake and Sonic. Nintendo would not include them in just because it's fun. They have to pay Konami and Sega royalties for using thier character so Nintendo is predicting more sells by including these two third-party characters in. And that doesn't even apply the "possible" third-party character. Both Sonic and Snake represents the series as well as thier companies.

Final Fantasy does not have a single character that truly represents thier series AND company as Mario does for Nintendo, Sonic Sega, Snake Konami, Bomberman Hudson, Megaman Capcom, etc.

And don't even begin to say Mog does.

platnum

Smash Lord
I believe, because of the inclusion of Snake and Sonic, Nintendo will see a increase of sells. True, this is a MUST have game and will be the best selling game for months to come. But there will be in increase in sells because of Snake and Sonic. Nintendo would not include them in just because it's fun. They have to pay Konami and Sega royalties for using thier character so Nintendo is predicting more sells by including these two third-party characters in. And that doesn't even apply the "possible" third-party character. Both Sonic and Snake represents the series as well as thier companies.

Final Fantasy does not have a single character that truly represents thier series AND company as Mario does for Nintendo, Sonic Sega, Snake Konami, Bomberman Hudson, Megaman Capcom, etc.

thats a good point.

EDIT:WTF happend to my sig

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Yo realise ofcourse that Nintendo is a company and so to a company profits are everything, right? They are nothing but profit driven, if you did economics and/or didn't have the mind of an eight year old you may know that.

Question: If this topic was made by anyone else would there be anywhere near as much Mog hate?
I wouldn't of hated Mog as much if platnum wasn't here. He's probably the worst arguer here since DeuceBlade/the_ sandman.

Well, actually, that would conflict with FE, and besides that Snake was put in to advertise for Metal Gear Solid 4.
I did say Mog was a highly recognizable character, but he isn't the most popular FF character and his popularity isn't the only thing he has going for him. :)

Mog has a very unique moveset. He uses spears & he dances.

Is Snake just in the game to make money? =o)
Not at all...the most recognizable would probably be Chocobo, the guy who was in every single one 'cept the first.

What is he, a tribal member or something?

Obviously.

money aint everything.

and you said your self that snake was in because sakurai was begged.
That's what Nintendo's for, money.

No, Kojima threw money at Sakurai like a blizzard for Snake.
No one from pre-VII FF is going to help sell the game that much. Too many people started with VII and think everything before that is outdated and crappy.
EXCUSE ME, EVER HEARD OF CECIL? Y'KNOW, THE FIRST CHARACTER IN FF WITH AN ACTUAL BACKGROUND STORY? HE ALSO WAS THE FIRST TO SPORT THE TIMED BATTLE SYSTEM. ANYWAYS, I PUT MY CAPS ON TO EMPHASIZE THE MESSAGE SO THAT YOU SEE CECIL KICKS ***.

Cless

Smash Champion
All the main characters in FFII had background stories. Not as developed as Cecil's, but they were there. How would Cecil help sell the game anyway? He's nowhere near as popular as a lot of other characters. Kain might be more popular than Cecil. I mean, I think Cecil would be a good choice, but from a purely sales standpoint, Cloud would be the best. Not that I think Cloud has any shot in this game since he has had no games on a Nintendo system.

Also, what does Cecil have to do with my point that most people started with VII and think that previous games are outdated?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
All the main characters in FFII had background stories. Not as developed as Cecil's, but they were there. How would Cecil help sell the game anyway? He's nowhere near as popular as a lot of other characters. Kain might be more popular than Cecil. I mean, I think Cecil would be a good choice, but from a purely sales standpoint, Cloud would be the best. Not that I think Cloud has any shot in this game since he has had no games on a Nintendo system.

Also, what does Cecil have to do with my point that most people started with VII and think that previous games are outdated?
2 had customizable characters just as 3 and 1, plus all it was was collecting crystals and ****. 4, Cecil's FF, introduced a revolutionary battle system, the first touching story, and was truly a classic on the Wii. Cloud doesn't have a chance, so it's illogical to compare him to Cecil. Cecil is probably the most extroadinary FF game on Nintendo systems. With each remake it gets, it gets better. He's on 2 games, and a new DS remake is drawing near. I know he has no chance, but even that's much better than Mog's chances. It's quite ignorant to say that people started buying and liking FF because of the Cloud FF. That guy's more overrated than Sonic.

Cless

Smash Champion
It's not ignorant. FFVII opened up a lot of people the RPG market. Way more than FFIV or VI did (I did start with IV by the way). Denying that is stupid.

What do you mean classic on the Wii? Was it released on the VC while I wasn't looking or something? What other game is Cecil in besides IV?

II's characters were customizable, yes, but they were named characters that had a story. Not like in FF where it's a random 4 classes, and III where it's 4 random Onion Knights that go and kill things.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
It's not ignorant. FFVII opened up a lot of people the RPG market. Way more than FFIV or VI did (I did start with IV by the way). Denying that is stupid.

What do you mean classic on the Wii? Was it released on the VC while I wasn't looking or something? What other game is Cecil in besides IV?

II's characters were customizable, yes, but they were named characters that had a story. Not like in FF where it's a random 4 classes, and III where it's 4 random Onion Knights that go and kill things.
The only thing that Cloud's FF had was the first 3-D graphics. Besides, how would you know it opened up the RPG market?

Actually I meant Nintendo..my bad. Also, he made Cameo appearences in several games. I copypasta'd the Wikipedia article.

Cecil Harvey has a cameo appearance in Secret of Evermore as an armor salesman of the Gothica Era location Ebon Keep. The music track for the village is even titled "Cecil's Town". Cecil also appears as a man in Crystal Chronicles, a Final Fantasy game for the Nintendo GameCube console. A reference to Edward Chris von Muir is made in Legend of Mana; a bard named Gilbert (Edward's Japanese name) appears as a minor character in the game. Cid's artwork and menu portrait both show him with a red helmet and blue beard, but on his sprites (walking around and battle) the colors are reversed, with a blue helmet and red beard. Cid's airship, the Enterprise, appears in Chocobo Racing as a hidden racer, with Cecil at the helm.

The Four Elemental Lords (四天王) — Barbariccia, Cagnazzo, Rubicante, and Scarmiglione (as well as Calcobrena, a minor boss in the form of a doll) take their names from characters in Dante's epic poem The Divine Comedy. In this epic poem, these five characters reside in the eighth circle of Hell. The original Japanese names of Cindy, Mindy, and Sandy (Dog, Mag, Rag) originate from Kyūsaku Yumeno's novel Dogra Magra (ドグラ・マグラ). In the original English translation, the Four Elemental Lords were referred to as the Four Fiends of Elements. While a group of villains known as the Four Fiends are found in Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IX, they are not the same as those found in Final Fantasy IV. The Four Elemental Lords (四天王) make a cameo as bosses in the extra dungeons in Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls.

The Magus Sisters make an appearance as an Aeon in Final Fantasy X. In the Game Boy Advance game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, a semi-cameo battle is present against a group of Lamias called Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance there is a Dragoon weapon called "Kain's Lance" that "once belonged to a legendary Dragoon", referring to Kain Highwind; similar items can also be found in Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X. The final boss, Zeromus, makes an appearance in Final Fantasy XII as an Esper. In FFXII's Zeromus's design is a combination of both the design used in-game and the design used for the Japanese FFIV Easy-Type version.

Final Fantasy V employs a system where the characters are allowed to change jobs at will. Giving Bartz the Dragoon job turns him into a carbon copy of Kain. Other jobs make characters look similar in dress but don't produce full copies (i.e. the Monk job gives any character Yang's clothing but not his trademark bald head with back ponytail facial feature).

No..they had as much of a background as the guys in 1. All they did was go around to find crystals and beat the enemy. No story except for a basic plot, UNLIKE Cecil's (the first FF with more plots than one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom