• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, actually, that would conflict with FE, and besides that Snake was put in to advertise for Metal Gear Solid 4.
Fire Emblem is first party wehile Final Fantasy is, of course, not. Therefore, Nintendo is able to add thier own Fire Emblem characters. Most likely, we will get 1 playable character per third-party series. In fact, I am willing to bet on it. If you look at it that way, Square-Enix will need a character to represent them if Sakurai would like to put one of thier characters in there. That is why while Ike isn't the sole rep of the Fire Emblem franchise, because it's first party - He can make it in along with various other Fire Emblem characters. Plus Marth is seen as one of the main FE reps.

As for Snake, yeah, he's in there proably on Konami's sake to advertise MGS4. However, one theory I have developed is we may see a MGS Wii game in the near future which would be pretty cool.

Cless

Smash Champion
I base my statement about VII because of how it sold and how it moved PSXs. The influx of non-Square RPGs after VII was released was because of VII's success.

I don't think you've played II, or you're confusing it with III. There aren't any crystals in II. II had lots of story. It just didn't come out in America first, and had a weird (bad) leveling mechanic.

Remakes and ports are rife with references to every other FF, IX is too. Also, 四天王 doesn't mean Four Elemental Lords. Someone should change that on Wikipedia.

On topic: Umm, I don't like the randomness of Mog's dances and FS. I don't think randomness is ever a good idea in a character unless it's a joke character.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I base my statement about VII because of how it sold and how it moved PSXs. The influx of non-Square RPGs after VII was released was because of VII's success.

I don't think you've played II, or you're confusing it with III. There aren't any crystals in II. II had lots of story. It just didn't come out in America first, and had a weird (bad) leveling mechanic.

Remakes and ports are rife with references to every other FF, IX is too. Also, 四天王 doesn't mean Four Elemental Lords. Someone should change that on Wikipedia.

On topic: Umm, I don't like the randomness of Mog's dances and FS. I don't think randomness is ever a good idea in a character unless it's a joke character.
Sales prove nothing. One of Lil' Jon's albums topped a million, and he's terrible(Much like the fifty cents we hear on the radio). Hell, Pokemon Blue, Red, Green, and Yellow all together sold the most amount of games on the planet! It was an alright game, but G/S/C was MUCH better(which is surprising for a sequel).

Cless

Smash Champion
Did I say VII was the better than any other FF? No, I didn't. Sales prove how many people bought the game, and thus how many people are aware of the game. Also, way more non-Square RPGs came out after VII, so that's how it opened up the RPG market in America. I said nothing about how good the game was.

Yellow isn't included in that figure btw.

Cless

Smash Champion
He went there, killed everyone there and sent a post card back.

Anyways, what's a good AT move for Mog? Spearing across the stage like Hitmonlee from 64 or Scizor from Melee?
A random dance would be an excellent AT move, just not so much for a playable. He could also trip too and that'd be hilarious.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
He went there, killed everyone there and sent a post card back.

Anyways, what's a good AT move for Mog? Spearing across the stage like Hitmonlee from 64 or Scizor from Melee?
Complaining and crying how he could have been a playable character.

Wait... it's been filled already. Guess we don't need him as an AT either.

Cless

Smash Champion
And you base that off of your infinite knowledge of the development of this game right?

If a Squeenix character gets in, who says Chocobos and Moogles can't be ATs?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
lol at krystal what can you xpect from someone who has ashley and mog in her sig?
Hi HollabackRyu. :)

New day different insult. My life would not be complete without your negative remarks. =o)

I'm thinking Mog could be like Togepi. He shows up, does a dance, and a random effect occurs. =o)

Shuma

Smash Hero
"mog will be a PC or not at all."

So he whon't be in, good. He's a crappy character from a crappy game.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yes, it is my biased opinion, i don't like the FF games, however, even if i liked them, it's obvious that mog whont appear in Brawl.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yes, it is my biased opinion, i don't like the FF games, however, even if i liked them, it's obvious that mog whont appear in Brawl.
Because you are Sakurai. /sarcasm

You don't know this for a fact.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Funny how Mog only has one supporter in Krystal and just an idiot spammer as a backup.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah my bad, it's just that i expected that Sakurai would be inteligent enough to add the face of FF instead of some weird creature.

And don't come with the "lol he has appeared in 1 game and had only a cameo" crap, If Sakurai ever adds a FF representative it will be Cloud, it doesn't matter if he appeared or not in a nintendo sistem.

He's popular and recognized worldwide by gamers, unlike this mog. Besides, there are billions of square enix characters. Don't be stupid, this mog whont increase the sales of Smash, and Smash is a popularity contest.

Edit:

And the post above proves that he doesn't even has a fanbase.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Gah. That has to be the millionth time I have seen a cat pic with the word "fail" plastered over it. Could you guys at least change it up a little?

Chocobo (can you even consider it ONE character?) is the mascot of the series, but when was the last time you saw Chocobo as a playable character in a major FF title? Mog had that honor and its a notable one. Moogles even appear in the bulk of the Chocobo spin offs. I believe Mog himself actually shows up in Chocobo Dungeon 2. So lets not act like the Chocobo spin-offs gave the Chocobos way more visibility than Mog and the Moogle race.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Gah. That has to be the millionth time I have seen a cat pic with the worlds "fail" plastered over it. Could you guys at least change it up a little?

Chocobo (can you even consider it ONE character?) is the mascot of the series, but when was the last time you saw Chocobo as a playable character in a major FF title? Mog had that honor and its a notable one. Moogles even appear in the bulk of the Chocobo spin offs. I believe Mog himself actually shows up in Chocobo Dungeon 2. So lets not act like the Chocobo spin-offs gave the Chocobos way more visibility than Mog and the Moogle race.
Hahahaha, you did read the title of the game right? Chocobo Dungeon? Because a moogle had an insignificant role in that game, that means he is more important?

Plus, Chocobos are playable always, one way or another, being a member of the party 13 years ago, doesn't make Mog more important than Chocobo.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Gah. That has to be the millionth time I have seen a cat pic with the worlds "fail" plastered over it. Could you guys at least change it up a little?

You could play as Blooper in Mario Party 8, but it doesn't mean a thing.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon — 1997 — Sony PlayStation
Never released in North America or Europe
Remade for the Bandai WonderSwan in 1999

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 — 1998 — Sony PlayStation
Sequel to Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon

Chocobo Racing — 1999 — Sony PlayStation
A racing game featuring characters from Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and the Final Fantasy series.

Chocobo Stallion — 1999 — Sony PlayStation

Dice de Chocobo — 1999 — PlayStation
To be remade for WonderSwan Color

Chocobo Collection — 1999 — Sony PlayStation
Compilation of Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Stallion and Dice de Chocobo, never released in North America or
Europe

Hataraku Chocobo — 2000 — Bandai WonderSwan

Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice — 2002 — Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales — 2006 — Square-Enix Nintendo DS
A 3D adventure/RPG game featuring card-based battles and a full storyline.

Chocobo de Mobile — 2006 — Mobile phone

Choco-Mate — 2003 — Mobile phone
A Japan-exclusive mobile game of unknown genre, released in 2003.[14]

Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki-Wasure no Meikyuu (tentative title)
New Chocobo game announced in May 2007, to be released on the Wii.
Subtitle roughly translates as "Labyrinth of Forgotten Time".

One Helluva spin off series. I should get some of them, like the DS or the Wii ones.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

1) Mog had an honor? lol, horrible arguement. Terra has more reason than Mog.

2)Chocobo, has his own game, so he is a character.

3)I fail to still see why Mog is soo popular and there is no link to see how much people support.

4) There are way more deserving 3rd parties than a obscure character.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon — 1997 — Sony PlayStation
Remade for the Bandai WonderSwan in 1999

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 — 1998 — Sony PlayStation
Sequel to Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon

Chocobo Racing — 1999 — Sony PlayStation
A racing game featuring characters from Chocobo's Dungeon 2 and the Final Fantasy series.

Chocobo Stallion — 1999 — Sony PlayStation

Dice de Chocobo — 1999 — PlayStation
To be remade for WonderSwan Color

Chocobo Collection — 1999 — Sony PlayStation
Compilation of Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Stallion and Dice de Chocobo, never released in North America or
Europe

Hataraku Chocobo — 2000 — Bandai WonderSwan

Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice — 2002 — Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales — 2006 — Square-Enix Nintendo DS
A 3D adventure/RPG game featuring card-based battles and a full storyline.

Chocobo de Mobile — 2006 — Mobile phone

Choco-Mate — 2003 — Mobile phone
A Japan-exclusive mobile game of unknown genre, released in 2003.[14]

Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki-Wasure no Meikyuu (tentative title)
New Chocobo game announced in May 2007, to be released on the Wii.
Subtitle roughly translates as "Labyrinth of Forgotten Time".

One Helluva spin off series. I should get some of them, like the DS or the Wii ones.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1) Mog had an honor? lol, horrible arguement. Terra has more reason than Mog.
Because Terra's backstory is more relevant to the game? The heck? She isn't even the clear lead of FFVI. Terra has about as much reason to be in as the rest of the pack. At least Mog is a popular creature.

2)Chocobo, has his own game, so he is a character.
How many different versions of Chocobo are there? Be honest. I swear to God, Chocobo is like the animal Cid of FF. Keeps showing up, but is never the same character he was in the last game. In every one of the major Final Fantasies, Chocobo is an animal you ride. Chocobos got their own spin-offs so fans could stop seeing their favorite bird get the shaft every time a major FF game came out. You would think that with Chocobo's massive popularity, he would have actually been a party member in one of the Final Fantasies. I wonder why that never happened.

3)I fail to still see why Mog is soo popular and there is no link to see how much people support.
If you fail to see why Mog is so popular then you have failed to see why FFVI is so popular.

4) There are way more deserving 3rd parties than a obscure character.
Whats with the obscure character line? Everyone and their grandma who has played FFVI at least knows what a Moogle looks like. You have no choice, BUT to see them. Whats more is that Mog happens to be the Moogle you can take on your party.

for brawl!

:cool::cool:

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Whats with the obscure character line? Everyone and their grandma who has played FFVI at least knows what a Moogle looks like. You have no choice, BUT to see them. Whats more is that Mog happens to be the Moogle you can take on your party."

Oh oh, Like Navi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom