• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, I think you all have forgotten that Final Fantasy Tactics is a Playstation game. Siriously, Cloud made one appearance in CoM. Mog (and Moogles in general) first appeared on a Nintendo system.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Plot relevance does not = history.
Then I guess Cloud's cameo makes him a lot more likely since well you know, plot relevance doesn't matter to you.

Not only was he the first Moogle to fully participate as a party member in an FF game, but he was also the first Moogle that could speak human language. Whats more is that he first appeared on the SNES.
What a funny way to glorify Mog's lack of importance to his own game.

Where did this rule come from? Who ever came up with it needs to learn that retro doesn't pertain to a specific era, but rather, a significant gap of time between the works of yesteryear and the works of now. You must be one of those SNES owners who are still in denial. Yes Super Mario World is no longer cutting edge vesper. :rolleyes:
Wow, this is beyond ridiculous, I bet you're one of those people who think any past gen console or 2D game is retro, still the 1990's are not retro so don't try to brainwash people into thinking that they are, I guess FFVII is almost as retro right? Since it's just three years away.

Yeah all characters are unique in their own way, but not every character can bring something Brawl has never seen. Smash has seen swords, but Smash has not seen spears and dances that unleash the elements.

I can freaking connect Cloud's mightiest limit break to a similar move already in Brawl:

Omnislash - Link's FS

Even Mog's FF 6 limit break would be more original than that and its a rapid fire pummel! A blitz art he Locke'd from Sabin!
This is all but opinion and pointless speculation.

Saying that the Moogle of now doesn't resemble Mog won't make a shade of difference, because in the end a Moogle is still a Moogle. People will play Mog because he is a Moogle not because he doesn't look like a Moogle from FF XII. Ridiculous.

XI is still widely played if you haven't already noticed. An expansion pack recently came out. Trust me, NO ONE has forgotten what a classic Moogle looks like.
How relevant that character is at this particular time, matters a lot, if Moogle's have left the Mog look behind I don't see why he should be included to represent all the Moogles from the series, as you're making it out to be and it's not just FFXII, it's Crystal Chronicles, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Revenant Wings and Crystal Bearers, yeah, all of them after your beloved FFXI.

I brought tactics up to show you just how widely used the Moogle race is.
Tactics's role was just a stupid healing summon you're barely gonna use, even Chocobos had a much larger role than a Moogle in FFT, not to mention, Cloud of course.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Mog won't be a playable character in brawl

He has an almost microscopic fanbase compared to other 3rd party characters who deserve the spots, like Megaman and Sonic.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
any body who played FFVI knows who mog is.and thats ALOT of people.mog is the 2nd most popular character in FFVI just below kefka.
I didn't play it, and I still know what Mog is. Who gives a piece of donkey ************ if alot of people played it? That doesn't affect Mog's popularity whatsoever. Mog is even more obscure than Toad.

Mog has barely ANY revelance to the games he's in, or the franchise whatsoever. Chocobos are the icon, they have their own game(s?), and they were in every game except the first(not to mention being required to complete some task).

platnum

Smash Lord
I didn't play it, and I still know what Mog is. Who gives a piece of donkey ************ if alot of people played it? That doesn't affect Mog's popularity whatsoever. Mog is even more obscure than Toad.

Mog has barely ANY revelance to the games he's in, or the franchise whatsoever. Chocobos are the icon, they have their own game(s?), and they were in every game except the first(not to mention being required to complete some task).
stop pushing choco.

besides what kind of moveset could a chocobo have when all it does is run around?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Chief Duke for Brawl.

It all makes sense now. Your Mog has been nuked.

Also, Mario 64 is retro, it is Soooo last century.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chief Duke for Brawl.

Mario 64 Retro...

****, I feel old now...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Chief Duke for Brawl.

Master Chief and Duke Nukem? By combining those two, you've only doubled the fail.

Mog for Brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's Sarcasm. But yes, you're old, and you're blind, you're also dead.

"Master Chief and Duke Nukem? By combining those two, you've only doubled the fail."

Holy ****... i didn't expect such a level of ignorance and stupidy, oh wait, i did.

Edit:

I just noticed your sig, so it's not worth my time arguing with you.

platnum

Smash Lord
Chief Duke for Brawl.

you are now the official spam donkey of smashboards...YOU FAIL!

on topic:someone please suggest something to improve the OP.

Cless

Smash Champion
sakurai would definetley want an FF character in brawl(why not?).FF is a very popular franchise around the world and it would be a travisty to not include an FF character in brawl.most likely sakurai would focus on the first six FF's and would probably eleminate every character in the first three execpt black mage for obvious reasons.and probably elimenate everyone from IV and V(again,obvious reasons).that leaves VI.most likely most of the VI characters would be droped leaving gau terra sabin and mog. any one of them would be good but mog would probably be chosen over any of them he IS more popular and more versatile moveset wise.so there you go.
What are the obvious reasons that everyone from IV would be cut? Also, Mog is not short for moogle.

Elysium

Smash Lord
What about Locke the pimp? That guys world was destroyed by Kefka, and Locke was still trying to mack the chicks. If thats not worthy of Brawl inclusion, what is?
I should make a Locke for Brawl thread, and watch it get closed.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
on topic:someone please suggest something to improve the OP.

Final Smash
summon
mog summons a random esper(shown below)
I think this should be moved right on top of the esper list. Right now you have that section on top of the spells list.

Whenever I see the moveset....I cry....

IT IS SO ****ING AMAZING! :)

On second thought...the style you used is alright...but I'm just used to seeing the Final Smashes separated from the tilt B's and given their own section.

platnum

Smash Lord
I think this should be moved right on top of the esper list. Right now you have that section on top of the spells list.

Whenever I see the moveset....I cry....

IT IS SO ****ING AMAZING! :)

On second thought...the style you used is alright...but I'm just used to seeing the Final Smashes separated from the tilt B's and given their own section.
ill think about it.

but i meant sugest something new.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
ill think about it.

but i meant sugest something new.
Mog was on the cover of FFIII(US) and was the character chosen to appear on its commerical to advertise the game to the American public. Mog is also known to be the only Moogle that can speak human language in FFVI. Apparently, the Esper Ramuh came to him in his dreams and taught him English/Japanese. Ramuh also told Mog to help the returners.

In the World of Balance, he is taken hostage by Lone Wolf, a dastardly thief, but becomes playable when he is rescued. Alternatively, you can choose to forgo rescuing Mog to get a Golden Hairpin (Don't do it! Mog is worth 10 Hairpins!). Mog can be found once again in the caves of Narshe after Kefka turns the world to ****.

It should also be noted that he is friends with Umaro, a vicious Yeti with no regard for player commands.

:)

Extra info to tack on to Mog's introductory segment.

platnum

Smash Lord
Mog was on the cover of FFIII(US) and was the character chosen to appear on its commerical to advertise the game to the American public. Mog is also known to be the only Moogle that can speak human language in FFVI. Apparently, the Esper Ramuh came to him in his dreams and taught him English/Japanese. Ramuh also told Mog to help the returners.

In the World of Balance, he is taken hostage by Lone Wolf, a dastardly thief, but becomes playable when he is rescued. Alternatively, you can choose to forgo rescuing Mog to get a Golden Hairpin (Don't do it! Mog is worth 10 Hairpins!). Mog can be found once again in the caves of Narshe after Kefka turns the world to ****.

It should also be noted that he is friends with Umaro, a vicious Yeti with no regard for player commands.

:)

Extra info to tack on to Mog's introductory segment.
nice.

ill add it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom