• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That makes Cloud more likely? Buddy, that just makes him even more expensive than Mog.
"Let's go for Mog cause he's cheap, cause we're not a big enterprise that makes MILLIONS every year:psycho:"

I would shop at mogs place in kingdom hearts, its role was pointless really it could have been replaced with a machine for all i cared.
We're not talking Kingdom Hearts here, Vivi was the only Black Mage in Kingdom Hearts if that's the point your trying to make.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
"Let's go for Mog cause he's cheap, cause we're not a big enterprise that makes MILLIONS every year:psycho:"
Why waste millions and I mean MILLIONS on Cloud, when you don't even need him to make sales go through the roof? Everyone and their grandma that has a Wii is going to buy this game.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Why waste millions and I mean MILLIONS on Cloud, when you don't even need him to make sales go through the roof? Everyone and their grandma that has a Wii is going to buy this game.
How do you know it'd be that much? And how do you know they haven't done that with Snake and Sonic with the same futility?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And Mog will make America buy this game even more? Answer:N.O.
Point being: Mog doesn't need to make America want to buy the game more. Its going to sell regardless. Mog just happens to be a unique third party character that won't cost an absurd amount of cash.

How do you know it'd be that much? And how do you know they haven't done that with Snake and Sonic with the same futility?
Well last I checked SE didn't beg Sakurai to put their guys in the game now did they?

finalark

SNORLAX
Final Fantasy VII is one of (if not the) greatest game(s) ever made. But he was on one Nintendo system and all of his other outing were on the Playstation.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy VII is one of (if not the) greatest game(s) ever made. But he was on one Nintendo system and all of his other outing were on the Playstation.
I don't see how that makes him that unlikely, Snake hasn't had an original game on Nintendo for years, only a remake on the Gamecube.

The "He has to be deserving to Nintendo" argument is just fan made BS.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I don't see how that makes him that unlikely, Snake hasn't had an original game on Nintendo for years, only a remake on the Gamecube.

The "He has to be deserving to Nintendo" argument is just fan made BS.
Oh rlly? Then how come every character since melee and every character that has been announced up until now has had significant history with Nintendo?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh rlly? Then how come every character since melee and every character that has been announced up until now has had significant history with Nintendo?
Coincidence for all you know...It's just an assumption but what does that have to do with anything?

finalark

SNORLAX
Come on, Snake's first game was on the NES. Yes, I know that the first Final Fantasy was on the NES but where did Cloud make his start? The Playstation. Easy as that. And making a brief appearance on a nintendo system doesn't make you very likely at all. If that's the case, then Tony Jones from the most obscure game in history should be in Brawl any day now...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Fixed.
10 char
If Final Fantasy VII is overrated then so is Ocarina Of Time, please, Final Fantasy VII is the game that revolutionized the entire Final Fantasy series into what it has become today, it deserves every bit of praise it has gotten.

Come on, Snake's first game was on the NES. Yes, I know that the first Final Fantasy was on the NES but where did Cloud make his start? The Playstation. Easy as that. And making a brief appearance on a nintendo system doesn't make you very likely at all. If that's the case, then Tony Jones from the most obscure game in history should be in Brawl any day now...
Snake's first game was not on the NES.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If Final Fantasy VII is overrated then so is Ocarina Of Time, please, Final Fantasy VII is the game that revolutionized the entire Final Fantasy series into what it has become today, it deserves every bit of praise it has gotten.
If by revolutionized you mean sugarcoat it with ****y yet somehow mistakenly perceived as amazing FMVs and 3Dish battle camera view, then you would be right in that regard. As far as the actual mechanics, most everything was established in it's six sadly overlooked predecessors - yes, even "Limit Breaks". OoT however did in fact make significant longstanding enhancements to the mechanics of the overall series in addition to the presentation - though I will agree that it's fairly overrated. Just so everyone's clear on this, popularize =/= revolutionize.
Go by Final Fantasy VII today!
No thanks. My sister made that mistake for me already. :laugh:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
3rd party Characters have reasons for being in brawl, snake was request by his creator to be put in.. probably for free since the creator worked on the character with the team... Sonic was clearly the most wanted/anticipated character for brawl, if he did not get in this time people would have been angry and Nintendo doesn't want their fans angry.

Now lets think about this... So far the only reason 3rd party Characters are getting into brawl is if you are good buddies with Sakurai and have an awesome character you want to give for free, or You have an extremely massive fan base and everyone wants you in.

Mog does not fit into any of these categories.. if anything Mog would be lighter than pichu, and weaker than Mario fludd.

Mog not for brawl.

Edit: and the characters must also follow the guidelines Sakurai placed, Sorry Naruto fans

vesperview

Smash Hero
If by revolutionized you mean sugarcoat it with ****y yet somehow mistakenly perceived as amazing FMVs and 3Dish battle camera view, then you would be right in that regard.
How are FFVII's FMVs and 3D battle style not revolutionary at the time they were made? FFVII did the same to it's series as OoT did to it's series, bring it to the mainstream in terms of 3D gameplay and storytelling.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Mog does not fit into any of these categories.. if anything Mog would be lighter than pichu,
Mog lighter than Pichu? Nah. He carries a spear around for one. Thats gotta put a few Ibs on his already portly frame.

and weaker than Mario fludd.
You underestimate the power of Mario's F.L.U.D.D.

vesperview

Smash Hero
There was a port of Metal Gear on the NES which sold a million copies in North America.
I was aware of that, that still doesn't make Snake significant since it's basically just one game that didn't even debut in that console, and one remake from the PS game that most people don't remember on the gamecube out of 6 other Metal Gear games, that are far more popular, that were nowhere to be seen on Nintendo, face it, Snake is as significant to Nintendo as Cloud, just a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom