• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods must have it tough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Sure they have power, but with said power comes a cost.

Point 1) I presume that the world smash forums does not pay them for there hard working service and sacrifice, I mean banning trollers and keeping the world smash forums a clean cut and non trollish area must take a lot of time out of there hard working days and schedule. Then there is the locking of threads of people who mean well and do not mean harm at all, I understand why it is a rule that you are not allowed to make "Hi I am new here" threads as if every one did we would have spam to cover the earth, but I find it heart breaking to see such discontentment in the HI I'M NEW users I know it must be done, I just think that mods being forced to play the bad guys is kind of saddling especially because they are the good guys (Well about 90% of them most likely a higher percent).

Point 2) The people they have to put up with at times are not always the people you may necessarily deal with. If there is something wrong with someones post and it creates huge complaints who deals with it first? The mods do. If the mods do there job of banning you for breaking the rule who puts up with the after math of when you get back and complain? The mods do. If there is something wrong with a thread or room and there is technical some people get the Administrative but what will a massive bulk of people complain to? The Mods of course. Which brings me to the next point.

Point 3) The notices the mods get from simply logging on must be astronomical when compared to the norrmal amount of notices that we get. First off the visitor messages: Just pick a mod and every time you log in check his/her visitor messages, do not post anything just stalk that mod for about four days and count the visitor messages, I can guarantee you that it will at least be greater than 5 for the most unpopular mod with in the four days. Combine that with the number of PM's, friendship request, and time the spend moding that means that the time they must spend on just enjoying the world smash forums like a normal member is a lot less then when they first join, it really makes me feel sorry for them.

All of this on top of the fact very few people ever apriceiate all this hard work they are doing :(.

I am certain that being a mod comes with a few nifty powers but if you ask me the negatives far out way the positives. Now, MODS ARE NECESSARY TO KEEP THE WORLD SMASH FORUMS A GOOD AND CLEAN SITE. Some one needs to do the job. I am just glad that it is not me. So I would like to thank the Mods of the world smash forums for there selfless sacrifice and dedication to make the world a better place.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yes, the mods here put up with a lot of crap sometimes.

I have respect and admiration for them.

Keep up the great work guys and gals.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Yeah, these guys are good :) I wouldn't like to have friend requests from poeple i dont know :/
Man, Xiivi, you got it tough...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I mostly feel sorry for the Super Moderators who get an email every time someone reports a post ANYWHERE ON THE SITE.

They're heroes for dealing with that stuff. The other mods have it tough too, so they have my respect as well.

Keep up the good work, guys! <3

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why thank you :)

Just for the record though, I don't think any of us would be doing it if we didn't find it, at least in some way, fun.

BSP

Smash Legend
I mostly feel sorry for the Super Moderators who get an email every time someone reports a post ANYWHERE ON THE SITE.
Really? That has to get extremely annoying lol...but that's why they're super of course.

Reg. Mods are good too though, keep it up.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Man, I'm just in it for the adrenaline rush of infracting people. Unfortunately, I don't get to use this power nearly often enough :(

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wait, the other mods aren't getting paid?

Man sucks to be them.

...I feel like one of those ads about the guy who works at home and got rich off google or whatever.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I don't mean to jump on the band-wagon, but I will say that the Mods have always done a brilliant job on the boards. Kudos to you all! ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Point 3) The notices the mods get from simply logging on must be astronomical when compared to the norrmal amount of notices that we get.
I have 4,629 messages in my inbox. (Read once, but still...)

I like these threads, don't come around often enough.

*Bro-fist's everyone*

...I feel like one of those ads about the guy who works at home and got rich off google or whatever
ZOMBIE GOASTS LEAVE THIS PLACE

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Mmm..........crab is amazing.

EDIT: Good job mods!

*Throws an excessive amount of confetti into the air*

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow I never thought of it that way, good point Op

SWF Mods so a lot for these boards, organising and keeping the place in order. Just like a sport umpire/referee, if they do a good job, noone really cares, but if they do a bad job the masses get :mad:

Keep up the good work Mods and the like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom