• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Im pretty sure top 5 was

1 afro
2 seibrik
3 chops
4 Galeon
5 Linguini
5 equi

Shout outsss:
Chops-our teamwork was flawless sonnnnnnn
afro- Good **** bro rofl I took you out in winners and then you returned the favor in losers,toooo goood
pete-your d3 is gay
seibrik-your a f@ggot
jason-thanks for the ride and your a cool black dude
most of all
Johnny was here and he OWNED.
7th was equi when i saw the computer, it was nick riddle for 5th.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What were the characters the top eight played?

1 Afro THUNDAH
2 Seibrik
3 Chops
4 Galeon
5 NickRiddle
5 Linguini
7 Equi
7 Doodah

AfroQT

Smash Master
1 Afro THUNDAH - Snake
2 Seibrik -D3/Kirby
3 Chops - Snake
4 Galeon - Lucas
5 NickRiddle - ZSS
5 Linguini - Donkey Kong
7 Equi - Meta Knight/Wolf
7 Doodah - D3

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
afro youre too funny and even tho we didnt play your snake is too sick, find a new character or something lol
linguini i hate your donkey kong bair to spinning kong renders olimar useless
NickRiddle you knocked out like half of DBL your ZSS is amazing
and if somebody talks to hunter tell him good match from CsD cuz after he lost he just walked out all mad =\

Gingerr

Smash Lord
afro youre too funny and even tho we didnt play your snake is too sick, find a new character or something lol
linguini i hate your donkey kong bair to spinning kong renders olimar useless
NickRiddle you knocked out like half of DBL your ZSS is amazing
and if somebody talks to hunter tell him good match from CsD cuz after he lost he just walked out all mad =\
Hey, don't worry about him. We get absolutely NO Ice Climbers experience, and that's the only reason he was so upset about the loss, it was absolutely nothing against your boy or the way he plays...that's just how Ice Climbers are, and we know that. He doesn't really browse the boards too much, but he says sorry for that mess.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
Im CsD and yea its all cool but in all honestly i didnt chaingrab all too much, i limited everything t under 3 grabs cuz i like a challenge, if anything he played cheaply by running away and lasering me for 2 straight stocks

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Im CsD and yea its all cool but in all honestly i didnt chaingrab all too much, i limited everything t under 3 grabs cuz i like a challenge, if anything he played cheaply by running away and lasering me for 2 straight stocks
Eh, you played a very dumbed down Ice Climbers, and he definitely KNEW the potential they have, and he didn't wanna risk that, so he played Falco the way any other good Falco plays. Keep away and don't get grabbed.

Winning is winning, lol, talk to Riot about getting chain grabbed by Tommy G every tournament.

Either way, ****sux and it wouldn't have gone down like that if I had played you. Hunter plays a pseudo-aggressive character, I don't :D I wish I could've entered :/

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
Eh, you played a very dumbed down Ice Climbers, and he definitely KNEW the potential they have, and he didn't wanna risk that, so he played Falco the way any other good Falco plays. Keep away and don't get grabbed.

that was the point, i played dumbed down so the match wouldnt turn into a campy grab fest, metal knows how gay i can be with them lol and theres a fine line between keep away and laser laser laser , oh noes hes gettin close, illusion to the opposite side of fianl D laser laser laser, so i did what had to be done and even then i didnt CG all i did was smash out of the grab

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
thats true but reducing ice climber play to simply grabs takes away all depth that they have i mean even i did 0-death every stock of every match by the time i got to playing you or chops and grabbing wouldnt work i'd might as well throw myself off the stage for all 3 stocks

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Yeah, taking grabs away from Ice Climbers is like, oh, I don't know, taking lasers away from space animals, or talking floating away from Peach. They're key aspects to the characters game, so when you play a Falco that spams lasers, you just have to deal with the fact that that's what Falco is supposed to do. If you play any decent Falco (Hunter, Tommy G, etc), they pretty much play the same way. It's just generally understood that that's how the character is supposed to be played. If you want to win, you're going to have to just play IC the way they're supposed to be played.

And for real, smash out of a grab, that's reeeeal mature. No johns for real, but you don't really have any room to john about a Falco that lasers and fantasms all day long when you can grab to full charged forward smash for a kill. Kiiinda silly.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
im not johning at all...i won the set remember? the whole point of what im trying to say is that i could have but didnt and an fsmash charged or not is nowhere near as bad as 0-death cuz hunter made one mistake...i was simply respecting him enough no to be a **** and instead play an actual match

AfroQT

Smash Master
thats true but reducing ice climber play to simply grabs takes away all depth that they have i mean even i did 0-death every stock of every match by the time i got to playing you or chops and grabbing wouldnt work i'd might as well throw myself off the stage for all 3 stocks
Dont ONLY try to grab but when you can get a grab in, do what you can with that grab. If you land a grab and you can infinite, then hell pull out dat infinite.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
True story. I chain grab every chance I get, even though it's real hard for Peach and only works on very few characters at a very small percentage. Would I chain grab to kill if I could? You're **** right I would. When you're in a tournament against people that you KNOW are better than you (which we all were, except maybe Afro Thundah [jerk]), you have to do what it takes. You do what it takes to win, I'm pretty sure Rx- is the official spokesperson for this argument.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
i fully agree with what both of you are saying but i felt like i could take hunter without resorting to infinites he probably is better than me but i was at the tourney for fun more than anything so i wasnt truely playing to win

Gingerr

Smash Lord
i fully agree with what both of you are saying but i felt like i could take hunter without resorting to infinites he probably is better than me but i was at the tourney for fun more than anything so i wasnt truely playing to win
An everlasting battle between he and Tommy G for best Falco in Florida, that's all, lol.

I understand what you're saying as well, it's a shame that he never places well in tournaments, it kind of blows my mind. He always gets terrible brackets (like against characters he has absolutely no experience against), and then gets **** on because of it.

Aaaand this is yet another reason that he wants to quit smash (no johns), but for real, knowing you're good and never getting recognized for it is a pretty ****ty feeling.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
lol yea, from watching his other matches hes pretty sick, a lot of my skill comes from playin unorthodox characters (olimar and ICs) and then rather than rely on chaingrabs or pikmin spamming i actually fight, it tends to throw people off guard but i disagree with him not recognized some of the guys there were suprised that some nobody beat him

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Haha there is nothing I would love more than to play against an Olimar in a tournament. Nothing. In. The. World. It was just a bad bracket for him, that happens to him a lot. And yeah, I mean, people in the area know about him, but for the most part, if you were to ask people in Orlando who was the best Falco, it'd probably be Tommy G all around, because he just gets more recognition and places higher in tournaments. That's kind of why we decided to record videos now, just so we could get him out there. His Falco is beast :/ Considering the people we play against in our crew on a regular basis (Riot, Afro Thundah, Icekid, etc), it's kinda hard NOT to be amazing.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
does peach have something amazing going for her against olimars (im gonna assume aggresive edgeguarding through floating) or what?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I just never seem to have much of a problem against them. Olimar's best moves are his grabs, his down/up smash and his upB. As Peach, the only thing I really have to worry about with that is the upB. I got a lot of Olimar practice when Icekid still played him, I wish he still did, actually. No one plays Olimar anymore. Now Icekid is too busy tier whoring lol.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
my olimar is an aerial beast lol, we should play thru wifi sometime, the only peach ive ever played was in melee, chops' friend elliot was sick with him

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Sadly, I don't have a Wii.
This is why Seibrik says no girl has ever been good at the game.
It's a vicious cycle.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
why are you all talking about anyone other than snake.

clearly snake is the issue. lol

when snake has a bad matchup, let me know.

Gingerr > anyone arguing with her. hunter > tommy G (yeah, I said it). south Fl > north FL. and this game is poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom